Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Rectal Placenta
Feb 25, 2011
Very nervous that there will be a Gary Anderson/Andy Ludwig offense pt. II at Wisconsin.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

LeeMajors
Jan 20, 2005

I've gotta stop fantasizing about Lee Majors...
Ah, one more!

UGA fans being aggrieved that their future insurance agent QB isn’t getting Heisman accolades despite murdering everyone Ken Dorsey style is pretty fun. Best team in the land isn’t good enough, Hat QB needs a disrespect narrative too.

Godzilla07
Oct 4, 2008

Stetson is AJ McCarron minus, which is to say a good college QB, and better than the non-AJ boring white stiffs that Bama won with. He's developed under Monken, who has figured out how to get the best out of Stetson (recall Stetson couldn't really get it going against an assy 2020 Florida defense.) Stetson is also a 25 year old playing college football.

PostNouveau
Sep 3, 2011

VY till I die
Grimey Drawer
Very frustrating second half of the game because it felt like we were always on the cusp of being in it, but Washington kept finding ways to keep drives going to extreme lengths.

G-Hawk posted:

Ewers showed promise this year but it got really exhausting watching him miss deep throws and last night capped that off.(yeah there was also worthy dropping it but ewers missed a bunch too) I hope Manning is the real deal. I'm still pretty meh on Sark but he is gonna get another year at least and I guess im somewhat optimistic with this recruiting class.

He had a great game or two early but seemed to regress mightily late in the year. I wonder if he aggravated the injury from the Bama game at some point. It also seemed like it could be mental. He got shook at some point in the year and just lost it.

LLCoolJD
Dec 8, 2007

Musk threatens the inorganic promotion of left-wing ideology that had been taking place on the platform

Block me for being an unironic DeSantis fan, too!

KKKLIP ART posted:

Stet got dragged last year despite having numbers strangely similar to Bryce Young.

Young: 4,872 yds, 47 TD, 7 INT
Stetson: 2,862 yds, 29 TD, 7 INT

:monocle:

Edit: those are still good numbers, and a solid outing from this generation's Jay Barker.

LLCoolJD fucked around with this message at 20:53 on Dec 30, 2022

General Dog
Apr 26, 2008

Everybody's working for the weekend
It never occurred to me before I was in a relationship what a tough sell 7-8 hours of football on New Years Eve is to a non-fan.

Bird in a Blender
Nov 17, 2005

It's amazing what they can do with computers these days.

General Dog posted:

It never occurred to me before I was in a relationship what a tough sell 7-8 hours of football on New Years Eve is to a non-fan.

I like college football and I wouldn’t want to watch that much on NYE.

LeeMajors
Jan 20, 2005

Ah, one more!

General Dog posted:

MY WIFE doesn’t give the slightest poo poo about football and is totally mystified that I can watch it nonstop for 12hrs, but thankfully it hasn’t been much of a point of conflict since we started dating almost 13yrs ago. The key is to not be a weird, demanding manchild about it (like some of my friends have been :stare:).

G-Hawk
Dec 15, 2003

General Dog posted:

the evening game timing really is an odd choice imo, i know a lot of people watch tv on NYE and aren't out having a wild time or anything but surely there is a lot of casual football fans who'd watch another evening but not at 11pm on NYE

Alaois
Feb 7, 2012

LLCoolJD posted:

Young: 4,872 yds, 47 TD, 7 INT
Stetson: 2,862 yds, 29 TD, 7 INT

:monocle:

Edit: those are still good numbers, and a solid outing from this generation's Jay Barker.

i think that really does sum up what Stetson Bennett IV's whole deal is to me, he feels like a 2000s Bama QB who somehow fell into a warp and ended up at Georgia in 2018

John Parker Wilson with an all-star supporting cast

PostNouveau
Sep 3, 2011

VY till I die
Grimey Drawer

General Dog posted:

Yeah, I think I'm missing both semifinals tomorrow because I'm not even going to suggest that we spend 4 hours of a 3-day weekend watching teams that aren't even mine.

Vertical Lime
Dec 11, 2004

embed this

https://twitter.com/cjzero/status/1608933088268062720

RC and Moon Pie
May 5, 2011

Was coming here to post this.

Big caps should be outlawed.

Ungratek
Aug 2, 2005

RC and Moon Pie posted:

Was coming here to post this.

Big caps should be outlawed.

Big Noggins are extremely good

G-Hawk
Dec 15, 2003

alright i've got it, swap the NYE night playoff game with the mayo bowl for the true sickos, and sync the mayo bath to midnight. with some vision this could replace the ball drop

do whatever with the playoff game

General Dog
Apr 26, 2008

Everybody's working for the weekend

PostNouveau posted:

Yeah, I think I'm missing both semifinals tomorrow because I'm not even going to suggest that we spend 4 hours of a 3-day weekend watching teams that aren't even mine.

She’s a Michigan grad so I think we can at least watch that one in the afternoon

EmbryoSteve
Dec 18, 2004

Taste~The~Rainbow

My blood sugar is gon' be like

~^^^^*WHOA*^^^^~

huskies had an 11 win season and had the nations leading passer

and that guy is coming back next year.

I pegged them as 7-5 and they gave a great year. DeBoer took a 4-8 team and flipped them to 11-2 in one year. Holy cow Jimmy Lake was a bad coach lmao

Hopefully they can get better on defense because then UW could make some noise next year.

Always fun to see Texas lose also so last night was fun even with Penix having an off night. Credit to Texas defense bc 27 pts is pretty dang low to hold this huskies offense to even if it was a total Texas crowd.

J33uk
Oct 24, 2005

G-Hawk posted:

the evening game timing really is an odd choice imo, i know a lot of people watch tv on NYE and aren't out having a wild time or anything but surely there is a lot of casual football fans who'd watch another evening but not at 11pm on NYE

Didn't they do this same poo poo a few years back and the ratings for the late game weren't pretty? I mean that thing is going to have to seem pretty competitive for me to even think about winning the primary TV battle at like 10PM on NYE

PostNouveau
Sep 3, 2011

VY till I die
Grimey Drawer
Sark was a wee bit on edge yesterday

https://twitter.com/RedditCFB/status/1608953861536100352

Cavauro
Jan 9, 2008

it's not okay to grab someone on the chest and rub around "helping" just because you work for a tv network. i wish that pervert was bodyslammed, and then had the big leg dropped across his neck for the 1, 2, 3. just kidding.

Rick
Feb 23, 2004
When I was 17, my father was so stupid, I didn't want to be seen with him in public. When I was 24, I was amazed at how much the old man had learned in just 7 years.
I feel like they manage to schedule the playoff games at the worst possible time to get people to watch them every year but I could be remembering wrong.

PostNouveau
Sep 3, 2011

VY till I die
Grimey Drawer

Rick posted:

I feel like they manage to schedule the playoff games at the worst possible time to get people to watch them every year but I could be remembering wrong.

I think we talked about this last year. Didn't these games used to be on New Year's Day, which is way better?

Is it a quirk of what day of the week New Year's Day is?

Bird in a Blender
Nov 17, 2005

It's amazing what they can do with computers these days.

A few years ago they did put the playoff games on NYE to try to turn that into a thing, but they got relatively low ratings. I think it’s only on NYE this year because NY day is Sunday. NYE is a pretty terrible time to get any casual viewers to turn in.

KYOON GRIFFEY JR
Apr 12, 2010

Runner-up, TRP Sack Race 2021/22

General Dog posted:

It’s funny for me because my wife is driving the bus on NYE plans and football watching. Last year we had to watch Michigan so we went out to dinner early. This year we are going to a friends party late so she can watch her wolferines. Makes it easier for me to negotiate sports watching.

Damn Dirty Ape
Jan 23, 2015

I love you Dr. Zaius

The guy must have almost touched his flask or something.

D.N. Nation
Feb 1, 2012

Godzilla07 posted:

(recall Stetson couldn't really get it going against an assy 2020 Florida defense.)

2021. Stetson played hurt in the 2020 game and then UGA had to go to D'wan Mathis. 2021 he didn't really do much and didn't need to while Richardson got wedgied, wet willied, and then had his mother come out to midfield to say she never loved him.

LeeMajors posted:

UGA fans being aggrieved that their future insurance agent QB isn’t getting Heisman accolades despite murdering everyone Ken Dorsey style is pretty fun. Best team in the land isn’t good enough, Hat QB needs a disrespect narrative too.

if any UGA unit should be getting better love, it's the OL that hasn't given up a sack since mid-October but is largely ignored.

Soul Glo
Aug 27, 2003

Just let it shine through
not the gdt

LeeMajors
Jan 20, 2005

Ah, one more!

E: it don’t matta none uh this mattas

LeeMajors fucked around with this message at 03:16 on Dec 31, 2022

Radia
Jul 14, 2021

And someday, together.. We'll shine.

D.N. Nation posted:

if any UGA unit should be getting better love, it's the OL that hasn't given up a sack since mid-October but is largely ignored.
i dont ignore them

LGD
Sep 25, 2004

https://twitter.com/bubbaprog/status/1608955616806010880?s=20

to be fair to him, the delivery was very smooth

GD_American
Jul 21, 2004

LISTEN TO WHAT I HAVE TO SAY AS IT'S INCREDIBLY IMPORTANT!
As an aging white dude I guess I'm supposed to feel some kind of fear that this will eventually happen to me, but I just find it it goddamned hilarious every single time.

Yates
Jan 29, 2010

He was just 17...

LGD posted:

https://twitter.com/bubbaprog/status/1608955616806010880?s=20

to be fair to him, the delivery was very smooth

Jesus loving Christ. Old white guys are simultaneously the best and worst.

Blue Raider
Sep 2, 2006

LeeMajors posted:

Give a fan base a couple genuinely good years and they put on airs

LLCoolJD
Dec 8, 2007

Musk threatens the inorganic promotion of left-wing ideology that had been taking place on the platform

Block me for being an unironic DeSantis fan, too!

Blue Raider posted:

Give a fan base a couple genuinely good years and they put on airs

I still feel entitlement and Florida hasn't been consistently good for well over a decade.

RumbleFish
Dec 20, 2007

Re: holiday football watching, just date someone who also has sports brainworms :getin:

Bird in a Blender posted:

A few years ago they did put the playoff games on NYE to try to turn that into a thing, but they got relatively low ratings. I think it’s only on NYE this year because NY day is Sunday. NYE is a pretty terrible time to get any casual viewers to turn in.

Yeah, when the CFP was born, they had every arrogant intention of pulling an NFL and taking over a holiday with "a new tradition." Turns out college football is not, in fact, popular enough to alter the centuries-old routine of Americans getting blotto at NYE parties, so they had to admit defeat and tinker the schedule they'd originally set. I think this is the last year the semifinals are on NYE, but I could be wrong.

LeeMajors
Jan 20, 2005

Ah, one more!

LLCoolJD posted:

I still feel entitlement and Florida hasn't been consistently good for well over a decade.

Same but I may finally be hitting my breaking point

Maybe one day, dementia addled, I will just see Percy Harvin replays in high def and think it’s 2008.

skylined!
Apr 6, 2012

THE DEM DEFENDER HAS LOGGED ON
Who is this dude wearing a Ricky Martin costume on game day

drunk leprechaun
May 7, 2007
sobriety is for the weak and the stupid

RumbleFish posted:

Re: holiday football watching, just date someone who also has sports brainworms :getin:

Yeah, when the CFP was born, they had every arrogant intention of pulling an NFL and taking over a holiday with "a new tradition." Turns out college football is not, in fact, popular enough to alter the centuries-old routine of Americans getting blotto at NYE parties, so they had to admit defeat and tinker the schedule they'd originally set. I think this is the last year the semifinals are on NYE, but I could be wrong.

They are on NYE cuz it's a Saturday. When that happens again they'll be on NYE again. But otherwise they'll just be on this Sat I'm pretty sure.

Vertical Lime
Dec 11, 2004

drunk leprechaun posted:

They are on NYE cuz it's a Saturday. When that happens again they'll be on NYE again. But otherwise they'll just be on this Sat I'm pretty sure.

the next time nye is on a saturday is in 11 years

who knows about the playoff format by then

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Chris James 2
Aug 9, 2012

Vertical Lime posted:

the next time nye is on a saturday is in 11 years

who knows about the country by then