Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Motto
Aug 3, 2013

Silver Falcon posted:

I've played every Xenoblade game since the first one and I wasn't disappointed in 3 in the slightest. On the contrary I like it the best of an of them.

Oh yeah I didn't mean with regards to overall reception or that it's a common opinion, just emphasizing that it's so standalone and accessible that the closest I've seen in the ballpark of continuity issues is people complaining about the exact opposite thing oldstench was worried about

Motto fucked around with this message at 04:31 on Dec 31, 2022

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Rotten Red Rod
Mar 5, 2002

PantsBandit posted:

Yeah this part broke for me. I hit the ball into the hive, the MC goes "I should check if the bees have calmed down", but it's impossible to get to the hive because there are still bees blocking the path.

Nice. Nice.

I'm gonna just request a refund as well. Thanks.

I never could get the side entrance to work either. I think our games broke in the same spot.

Use Nintendo's chat support, and say you had a game breaking bug and cannot progress. Be polite. They'll tell you it's against policy but they'll see what they can do, and then they'll give you the refund.

Manoueverable
Oct 23, 2010

Dubs Loves Wubs

Motto posted:

Oh yeah I didn't mean with regards to overall reception or that it's a common opinion, just emphasizing that it's so standalone and accessible that the closest I've seen in the ballpark of continuity issues is people complaining about the exact opposite thing oldstench was worried about

I wouldn't be surprised in the slightest if they saved a lot of the past game fanservice for the story DLC, to the point where I'll be disappointed if at least part of it isn't exploring the photograph from the ending.

Manoueverable fucked around with this message at 05:22 on Dec 31, 2022

Large Testicles
Jun 1, 2020

[ASK] ME ABOUT MY LOVE FOR 1'S
Since everyone else seems to be refunding Sports Story, I'm gonna try to finish it before the walkthroughs come out, because those are trickling out slow as gently caress and there are some seriously confusing parts of this game that really make no sense and I'm a masochist. I'm in a fishing village right now after riding the train and I keep encountering the same soft lock after trying to beat a BMX side quest and it's actually kinda hard. I've reset the game 4 times now and I'm giving up for the night.

Waltzing Along
Jun 14, 2008

There's only one
Human race
Many faces
Everybody belongs here
I'm a bit further into Sports Story. Doing some weird Tennis Academy stuff which is apparently one of the buggier parts of the game. I keep saving after pretty much everything just in case. At one point you can go into the basement and find an item. When you do, someone in the room who is not there has a conversation with you. A ha, a bug! So I reloaded and waited until I actually got sent there. Now the conversation happened and made sense.

I just did some tennis challenge where I completed it but didn't get a SUCCESS pop up so I quit out.

Very disappointed with this game.

I don't mind it not guiding me to do things. It's usually not hard to figure out what to do. I do mind the bugs and occasional crashes, though.

What a mess.

mandatory lesbian
Dec 18, 2012

abelwingnut posted:

ok, looking for my next game to play. i'm deciding between 13 sentinels and signalis. thoughts? leaning 13 sentinels at the moment.

I really loved 13 Sentinels, altho its kinda easy tbh. But its fun

Regular Wario
Mar 27, 2010

Slippery Tilde
I've been playing HAAK most of the day. HAAK is good. Buy HAAK.

100YrsofAttitude
Apr 29, 2013

I've been obsessed with Subnautica. It's really just amazing if you like that sort of game. When I beat it, don't know when it'll be I'll talk about it more properly.

Cartoon Man
Jan 31, 2004

100YrsofAttitude posted:

I've been obsessed with Subnautica. It's really just amazing if you like that sort of game. When I beat it, don't know when it'll be I'll talk about it more properly.

Right this way Sir, we love new posters and are good with spoilers.

https://forums.somethingawful.com/showthread.php?threadid=3761615&perpage=40&noseen=1&pagenumber=390

DACK FAYDEN
Feb 25, 2013

Bear Witness
Does anyone need a 128 gb sd card? One of the Sandisk branded For Nintendo Switch ones, I have a well-meaning relative, it was Christmas, already got a 1 TB in the Switch, you know how it is. I'd literally just send it to somebody, idgaf about the few bucks to buy a bubble mailer and ship. PM me, or just reply to this.

e: spoken for, thank you goons

DACK FAYDEN fucked around with this message at 16:33 on Dec 31, 2022

Rutibex
Sep 9, 2001

by Fluffdaddy

100YrsofAttitude posted:

Subnautica is one of the few games I think would be worth it to play in VR. What a fantastic and immersive experiance. I love the ships AI.

A Concrete Divider
Jan 20, 2012

The Unbearable Whiteness of Eating
Really need a game to burn some time today. Think I’m gonna get sports story :)

Cartoon Man
Jan 31, 2004

A Concrete Divider posted:

Really need a game to burn some time today. Think I’m gonna get sports story :)

Maybe you should read the past 10 pages of this thread or so…

A Concrete Divider
Jan 20, 2012

Cartoon Man posted:

Maybe you should read the past 10 pages of this thread or so…

It was in jest, sir.

Deceptive Thinker
Oct 5, 2005

I'll rip out your optics!
Was gonna buy Sports Story last night but saw the disappointment in this thread and decided to order Mario+rabbids 2 from Amazon instead.
Looks like sports story does have a patch coming soon to address some of the issues mentioned above though

WHY BONER NOW
Mar 6, 2016

Pillbug
The patch is probably to remove the secret room

flavor.flv
Apr 18, 2008

I got a letter from the government the other day
opened it, read it
it said they was bitches

Lol it definitely is

I wonder if that's why the devs snuck it in there, to force the company to put out a patch sooner than they would have otherwise

Waffle!
Aug 6, 2004

I Feel Pretty!

WHY BONER NOW posted:

The patch is probably to remove the secret room

Patch Notes:
  • Removed Employee Complaining
  • Removed Employees

100YrsofAttitude
Apr 29, 2013

Rutibex posted:

Subnautica is one of the few games I think would be worth it to play in VR. What a fantastic and immersive experiance. I love the ships AI.

Funny you mention that. I tried out an Oculus Rift properly for the first time last night and was left thoroughly impressed by it. Now I couldn't play it for more than 5-10 minutes at a time, it weighed on my neck, and my eyes didn't feel great, but I can't deny it was just astonishing.

Going back to Subnautica after that the same thought crossed my mind, but considering what I had experienced I don't think I could do long sessions with it.

Rupert Buttermilk
Apr 15, 2007

🚣RowboatMan: ❄️Freezing time🕰️ is an old P.I. 🥧trick...

They've been posting there pretty regularly for over a week now.

In fact, as of this writing, the latest post in the thread is from 100yrs.

mdemone
Mar 14, 2001

100YrsofAttitude posted:

Funny you mention that. I tried out an Oculus Rift properly for the first time last night and was left thoroughly impressed by it. Now I couldn't play it for more than 5-10 minutes at a time, it weighed on my neck, and my eyes didn't feel great, but I can't deny it was just astonishing.

Going back to Subnautica after that the same thought crossed my mind, but considering what I had experienced I don't think I could do long sessions with it.

Got my kids a Meta Quest for Xmas and yeah, it's pretty impressive. If there were any software devs that knew what the gently caress to do with it, it would be truly groundbreaking.

The most popular games on the console seem to have been developed in a week or less. It's confusing but that's Meta for you.

Hughmoris
Apr 21, 2007
Let's go to the abyss!
Rookie question here: I have a Switch with the stock controller that came with it. If I buy Mario Kart, can I split the joycons up and have two people play at the same time? Or do I need to go buy another Switch controller?

mdemone
Mar 14, 2001

Hughmoris posted:

Rookie question here: I have a Switch with the stock controller that came with it. If I buy Mario Kart, can I split the joycons up and have two people play at the same time? Or do I need to go buy another Switch controller?

Yes you can do that with Mario kart. Relatively few other games, but some can do it.

Cartoon Man
Jan 31, 2004

Hughmoris posted:

Yes that works, make sure to use the joycon attachments so the shoulder buttons are easier to use.

Hughmoris
Apr 21, 2007
Let's go to the abyss!

mdemone posted:

Yes you can do that with Mario kart. Relatively few other games, but some can do it.

Cartoon Man posted:

Yes that works, make sure to use the joycon attachments so the shoulder buttons are easier to use.

Thanks!

John Wick of Dogs
Mar 4, 2017

A real hellraiser

A ton of Nintendo games do allow that, mostly any multiplayer party game where you only need a stick and a few buttons. Mario Party, Mario Bros U, Captain Toad, Fast RMX, all the virtual console games, etc

A Concrete Divider
Jan 20, 2012

John Wick of Dogs posted:

A ton of Nintendo games do allow that, mostly any multiplayer party game where you only need a stick and a few buttons. Mario Party, Mario Bros U, Captain Toad, Fast RMX, all the virtual console games, etc

Smash Bros, overcooked, etc.

Rupert Buttermilk
Apr 15, 2007

🚣RowboatMan: ❄️Freezing time🕰️ is an old P.I. 🥧trick...

John Wick of Dogs posted:

Do the SNES NSO games do that?

Snake Maze
Jul 13, 2016

3.85 Billion years ago
  • Having seen the explosion on the moon, the Devil comes to Venus

Rupert Buttermilk posted:

Do the SNES NSO games do that?

Yes, but you have to use a button combo for start and select since the joycon is one button short.

Mister Facetious
Apr 21, 2007

I think I died and woke up in L.A.,
I don't know how I wound up in this place...

:canada:

Cartoon Man posted:

I had to play mk8d without those once and drat, did it suck

I still won though, cause the other members of the anime club don't play Mario Kart :-/

flavor.flv
Apr 18, 2008

I got a letter from the government the other day
opened it, read it
it said they was bitches

I think it's a requirement that if you have same screen multiplayer then each player only needs a single joycon. Even n64 lets you use a single joycon, which is going to be interesting when goldeneye drops and you actually need all the buttons on the n64 controller

Mister Facetious
Apr 21, 2007

I think I died and woke up in L.A.,
I don't know how I wound up in this place...

:canada:

flavor.flv posted:

I think it's a requirement that if you have same screen multiplayer then each player only needs a single joycon. Even n64 lets you use a single joycon, which is going to be interesting when goldeneye drops and you actually need all the buttons on the n64 controller

It'll be the first game to require two separate joycons per person to accurately emulate using a second controller for the right stick :haw:

Large Testicles
Jun 1, 2020

[ASK] ME ABOUT MY LOVE FOR 1'S
drat I’m going on a road trip tomorrow and forgot I cannibalized my GoPro’s sd card for the switch and loving SD cards are sold out everywhere locally right now except for 32gb cards. Might have to buy a handful of those and swap them around

Agrias120
Jun 27, 2002

I will burn my dread.

mdemone posted:

If there were any software devs that knew what the gently caress to do with it, it would be truly groundbreaking.

my brother in christ, play Moss.

mdemone
Mar 14, 2001

Agrias120 posted:

my brother in christ, play Moss.

Thanks for the tip!

Agrias120
Jun 27, 2002

I will burn my dread.

mdemone posted:

Thanks for the tip!

It’s really good! It doesn’t introduce crazy new VR mechanics, but it understands what it means to be able to interact with an environment in a 3D space. You can zoom really far in, or move around and understand the spatial relationships of stuff in the level differently. It also just really nails the sense of scale using VR and sells that you’re a small mouse in a large place. I could gush about it for a long time, but it was the first game I walked away from after playing that really sold me on the current gen of VR sets. It gave me this really cool feeling like I’d played something familiar but in an entirely new format—that same kind of wonder I had when I played Super Mario World coming from the NES games, etc.

Grand Theft Autobot
Feb 28, 2008

I'm something of a fucking idiot myself
I picked up Sparks of Hope for $29.99 on Amazon. Ubisoft are absolute psychopaths. Don't they realize you can charge $60 for Mario games in perpetuity?

Mr.Acula
May 10, 2009

Billions and billions of fat clouds

kicking myself for not picking up wario ware when it was 39.99 CAD at walmart

Rutibex
Sep 9, 2001

by Fluffdaddy

Mr.Acula posted:

kicking myself for not picking up wario ware when it was 39.99 CAD at walmart

:eyepop:
Deku Deals you were supposed to keep track of this poo poo for me! :argh:

Adbot