Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Ra Ra Rasputin
Apr 2, 2011

juggalo baby coffin posted:

i bought back 4 blood for 70% off in the steam sale but it kind of sucks so im tempted to refund it and spend the money on new darktide hats instead

This is a good watch for anyone who has played left4dead and is curious about back4blood and wants to see how the developer has gotten along since then with their own clone game without valve's help to polish it.
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=EdRLNUGmFC8

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

skaianDestiny
Jan 13, 2017

beep boop
Yeah watching that video really shows how the actual Darktide in mission gameplay feel is really good, like how the flashlights are actually tied to the weapon model.

big cummers ONLY
Jul 17, 2005

I made a series of bad investments. Tarantula farm. The bottom fell out of the market.

The flashlights are great. I love when everyone has one and you can see where people are looking. There should always be a lights out mission on the board drat it

kazr
Jan 28, 2005

big cummers ONLY posted:

The flashlights are great. I love when everyone has one and you can see where people are looking. There should always be a lights out mission on the board drat it

The jump from malice to heresy is so intense. Going from heresy to damnation feels almost like nothing

Martman
Nov 20, 2006

I imagine Heresy is just hard enough that it probably weeds out a lot of players who instantly realize it's not for them.

Lately I feel like a lot of players in big engagements are constantly running around trying to "help" their teammates by following them and focusing down the same targets, leading to enemies constantly showing up in new spots because no one's being proactive, controlling points of entry, etc... It kinda reminds me of Rocket League where a ton of players just want to chase the ball the whole game instead of taking a moment to look at their surroundings and plan ahead.

Typical Pubbie
May 10, 2011
Me and a friend were leveling new characters, and for a laugh we decided to do Malice+ on Throneside at level 3. If you're leveling a new character I highly recommend doing the hardest difficulties as soon as possible. Slicing through a sea of poxwalkers with a grey cleaver was a riot.

Jerkface
May 21, 2001

HOW DOES IT FEEL TO BE DEAD, MOTHERFUCKER?

Typical Pubbie posted:

Me and a friend were leveling new characters, and for a laugh we decided to do Malice+ on Throneside at level 3. If you're leveling a new character I highly recommend doing the hardest difficulties as soon as possible. Slicing through a sea of poxwalkers with a grey cleaver was a riot.

Yea! And if you're seasoned, it won't really be that hard! You'll miss having the perks and good weapons and stuff but I started doing Malice+ on my Ogryn as soon as it unlocked and on my zealot as soon as it unlocked.

I had a really funny heresy run where I was level 13 and someone in chat was like "Sub 20 heresy? I dunno..." and I was like "trust me i have every other class at 30" and then I clutch saved the team at one point by rescuing everyone and never died.

Feats and stuff are nice but you can do anything at the baseline level of each class.

kazr
Jan 28, 2005

Martman posted:

I imagine Heresy is just hard enough that it probably weeds out a lot of players who instantly realize it's not for them.

Lately I feel like a lot of players in big engagements are constantly running around trying to "help" their teammates by following them and focusing down the same targets, leading to enemies constantly showing up in new spots because no one's being proactive, controlling points of entry, etc... It kinda reminds me of Rocket League where a ton of players just want to chase the ball the whole game instead of taking a moment to look at their surroundings and plan ahead.

The biggest things I've found beyond the basics of sticking together is having a veteran taking out stray ranged dudes, and knowing that if I have a teammate my right I don't need to think about enemies on the right side of me

AndyElusive
Jan 7, 2007

Continue in this fashion and Hadron might find a use for you.

Nehru the Damaja
May 20, 2005

You'd think I'd have figured it out before now but I realized I don't like playing Psyker, and not just for power reasons.

Ra Ra Rasputin
Apr 2, 2011
Counterpoint: I've done a lot of heresy lately where my teams are filled with level 10's or lower and I've basically had to revive each of them twice per minute and they play like they could barely handle difficulty 2, it ain't great.

The Atomic Man-Boy
Jul 23, 2007

Nehru the Damaja posted:

You'd think I'd have figured it out before now but I realized I don't like playing Psyker, and not just for power reasons.

Yeah, i don't really like staff gameplay, I enjoyed brain burst burst but it's terrible on heresy or above. I wish they'd give you some feats for brain burst so that you can get one off before the vet wastes your target and everything else in the room.

I've been trying to level up my other guys but the lack of level variety is starting to wear on me. I might put the game down for a bit until they add some more content.

Pharmaskittle
Dec 17, 2007

arf arf put the money in the fuckin bag

The Atomic Man-Boy posted:

I might put the game down for a bit until they add some more content.

brother they been putting out hats

Jerkface
May 21, 2001

HOW DOES IT FEEL TO BE DEAD, MOTHERFUCKER?

Ra Ra Rasputin posted:

Counterpoint: I've done a lot of heresy lately where my teams are filled with level 10's or lower and I've basically had to revive each of them twice per minute and they play like they could barely handle difficulty 2, it ain't great.

Thats all difficulties though. Theres plenty of idiots who are just running heresy trying for penances and they dont have the skills / foundation to actually be good at it. They would be equally dead weight on a malice mission / high intensity malice mission.

if you want challenge + higher chance of good teammates you have to play damnation

big cummers ONLY
Jul 17, 2005

I made a series of bad investments. Tarantula farm. The bottom fell out of the market.

I played some damnation and it really wasn't much harder. I have a lot of playtime but I am known for being bad at videogames and damnation is doable

Internet Explorer
Jun 1, 2005

Ra Ra Rasputin posted:

Yup. Just had a game on Hersey where I picked up a level 16 at least 5-6 times. And because of that weak point, had to pick up a level 24 about the same number of times.

big cummers ONLY posted:

I played some damnation and it really wasn't much harder. I have a lot of playtime but I am known for being bad at videogames and damnation is doable

I must be getting unlucky with queues or something, because every time I try to play Damnation there is no one on.

Typical Pubbie
May 10, 2011
I love carrying team mates. It's part of the fun. Also means I don't have to feel humble when I let myself get pulled by a trapper into a crusher wombo combo and get insta-gibbed.

Typical Pubbie fucked around with this message at 06:27 on Dec 31, 2022

Internet Explorer
Jun 1, 2005

loving trappers. Every time.

Internet Explorer
Jun 1, 2005

welp, just finished my first damnation run

with no ranged weapon

Insert name here
Nov 10, 2009

Oh.
Oh Dear.
:ohdear:
:shepface:
https://i.imgur.com/9tpIaju.mp4

Google Butt
Oct 4, 2005

Xenology is an unnatural mixture of science fiction and formal logic. At its core is a flawed assumption...

that an alien race would be psychologically human.

Internet Explorer posted:

loving trappers. Every time.

i joined a quick play mission and immediately got trapped and attacked by a dog lol

Spanish Manlove
Aug 31, 2008

HAILGAYSATAN
Ran into the best character I've ever seen in the game so far

Arc Light
Sep 26, 2013

:staredog:

The Emperor guides your hand, pilgrim

Internet Explorer
Jun 1, 2005

I upgraded my favorite Antax axe and got loving Limbsplitter, god drat it. WTB undo button.

Grognan
Jan 23, 2007

by Fluffdaddy

Spanish Manlove posted:

is that a mod or are pajamas in for ogryn

Spanish Manlove
Aug 31, 2008

HAILGAYSATAN

Grognan posted:

is that a mod or are pajamas in for ogryn

it's a new skin from the store

big cummers ONLY
Jul 17, 2005

Typical Pubbie posted:

I love carrying team mates. It's part of the fun. Also means I don't have to feel humble when I let myself get pulled by a trapper into a crusher wombo combo and get insta-gibbed.

Yeah I just quasi-carried a damnation low-intensity run on my Ogryn. Three Ogryn, one Zealot, one of the Ogryn was very new and was firing their big twin autocannon thing at everything, going out of ammo and then closing to melee in big open areas where a million things had LOS. I got a little toxic and asked people to stop running into areas where they would get executed like Butch and Sundance. The new Ogryn said "I'm out of ammo bro". I wanted to say I wasn't trying to be a dick, just trying to communicate what I'm seeing happen, but I was busy for the rest of the match constantly saving people's lives and clutching for the first time on damnation. The other two people were chill and stopped running out into walls of bullets and we ended up clearing the level. It was fun and is the first full game recording I'm going to save. I wish I hadn't gotten snippy but I feel like on Damnation you should be allowed to point out when fundamental errors are persistently made

MuffinsAndPie
May 20, 2015

I'm a fan of these pants

Ra Ra Rasputin
Apr 2, 2011
Trappers I just instinctively dodge to the side when I hear them start the net sound, even if I don't know if it's aiming at me.

DreadUnknown
Nov 4, 2020

Bird is the word.
Those pants look like refugees from Cyberpunk.

Enjoy
Apr 18, 2009

DreadUnknown posted:

Those pants look like refugees from Cyberpunk.

Or Deus Ex 3

The skull mask is pure EYE Divine Cybermancy though

Enjoy fucked around with this message at 10:40 on Dec 31, 2022

mllaneza
Apr 28, 2007

Veteran, Bermuda Triangle Expeditionary Force, 1993-1952

MuffinsAndPie posted:

I'm a fan of these pants

NGL, I bought the set.

SplitSoul
Dec 31, 2000

Wanna say it's very funny that my nose clips through the helmet I unlocked by finally completing On Overwatch.

uncalled for!
Dec 26, 2006

go to the chirugeon and get that beak filed down to regulation size, soldier

SplitSoul
Dec 31, 2000

uncalled for! posted:

go to the chirugeon and get that beak filed down to regulation size, soldier

Doesn't matter, I'm going for the next tier, I just thought it was very Fatshark.

Ra Ra Rasputin
Apr 2, 2011
I sorta wonder what's next for crafting/itemization beyond what they have planned, because surely 80% wouldn't be the top end for everything, right?

Fishstick
Jul 9, 2005

Does not require preheating
PSA Apparently picking up grims and then destroying them counts for contracts - you need to pick it up, and finish a mission succesfully. Nothing says you have to finish with them in your pocket!

Exodee
Mar 30, 2011

Damp and depressing.
It must be a goon in its
natural habitat!

Spanish Manlove posted:

I had three of them on my team yesterday

I guess the cash shop does its job quite well after all because I was rather tempted by them lol

Arc Light posted:

:staredog:

The Emperor guides your hand, pilgrim
Looked more like Nurgle guidance to me, what with the collateral :v:

marshmallow creep
Dec 10, 2008

I've been sitting here for 5 mins trying to think of a joke to make but I just realised the animators of Mass Effect already did it for me

Typical Pubbie posted:

My win rate on Damnation is probably better than Heresy. Heresy is when game sense and good gear really become a requirement. It's the crucible for a lot of players.

Best compliment I got from a guy on mic in this game was "It's so nice to be playing with people who know how to play."

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

DiscoWitch
Oct 16, 2009

uwu
I'm slowly getting to grips with playing my zealot. I'm still crap but boy does it suit me better than psyker did