Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Maya Fey
Jan 22, 2017

Grandpa Palpatine posted:

Three Body Problem donghua update: they literally covered the first book in like five minutes :lol:

I bet it's so confusing to people who never read it.

yeah lol. not a bad thing but they could probably have made a better job of it

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Stairmaster
Jun 8, 2012

Popy posted:

goku is like 45 and still goin strong gently caress the haters

does this account for the eight years he spent being dead plus the years in the room of spirit and time

BoosterDuck
Mar 2, 2019

Popy posted:

goku is like 45 and still goin strong gently caress the haters

well all those years he spent in heaven probably had sometimes to do with it

Gripweed
Nov 8, 2018
Women are wonderful animals, they should be making music and writing novels about having a complex relationship with your mother.
the man pops Senzu Beans like they're tictacs. Unless his heart explodes again he'll live forever.

genericnick
Dec 26, 2012

Watching old gundams

That's a face planning space 9/11

Gripweed
Nov 8, 2018
Women are wonderful animals, they should be making music and writing novels about having a complex relationship with your mother.
That is a face finally ending a toxic relationship with his father. That's a face doing self care, that's a face that has finally found his lane, is in it, and is flourishing.

Popy
Feb 19, 2008

Kitfox88
Aug 21, 2007

Anybody lose their glasses?

Gripweed posted:

That is a face finally ending a toxic relationship with his father. That's a face doing self care, that's a face that has finally found his lane, is in it, and is flourishing.

the face of

a genius

bitmap
Aug 8, 2006

Gripweed posted:

Unless his heart explodes again

senzo bean will fix that right up

lollontee
Nov 4, 2014
Probation
Can't post for 10 years!

why are those kids wearing stahlhelms

TenementFunster
Feb 20, 2003

The Cooler King

lollontee posted:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=tlJ5j-hSUmQ&t=18s

Darth Walrus
Feb 13, 2012

lollontee posted:

They're Federation helmets, based on the US Army M1. It's the other guys who wear not-stahlhelms.

TenementFunster
Feb 20, 2003

The Cooler King

Darth Walrus posted:

They're Federation helmets, based on the US Army M1. It's the other guys who wear not-stahlhelms.
in hindsight it was pretty weird that Al was a Zeon stan and the other students were right to ostracize him. it would be like if a Belgian kid circa 1947 was really into collecting SS badges

gimme the GOD DAMN candy
Jul 1, 2007
zeon always had a certain level of popularity among spacenoids because of how relentlessly the federation hosed them before, during and after the oyw. that's how the endless would-be zeon successor groups ever managed to get anywhere despite borrowing the name and aesthetics of genocidal psychos.

well that, and there had to be something zaku-ish for each successive gundam to fight.

lollontee
Nov 4, 2014
Probation
Can't post for 10 years!

Darth Walrus posted:

oh that makes sense

lollontee
Nov 4, 2014
Probation
Can't post for 10 years!
iirc the M1 helmet was originally rejected cuz it looked too much like a stahlhelm

War and Pieces
Apr 24, 2022

DID NOT VOTE FOR FETTERMAN

TenementFunster posted:

in hindsight it was pretty weird that Al was a Zeon stan and the other students were right to ostracize him. it would be like if a Belgian kid circa 1947 was really into collecting SS badges

It's like an Vietnamese kid rooting for Japan when they invaded French Indochina

net work error
Feb 26, 2011

While Bocchi was fun and other shows were enjoyable, Maid War was by far my show of the year.

TenementFunster
Feb 20, 2003

The Cooler King

War and Pieces posted:

It's like an Vietnamese kid rooting for Japan when they invaded French Indochina
absolutely

tokin opposition
Apr 8, 2021

I don't jailbreak the androids, I set them free.

WATCH MARS EXPRESS (2023)

net work error posted:

While Bocchi was fun and other shows were enjoyable, Maid War was by far my show of the year.

It's spelled spy x family

Popy
Feb 19, 2008

some of the side characters in AUEG you see in zeta are ex-zeon soldiers. In gundam there's really no way to express how lovely everything is outside joining some Zeon splinter group, or selling out and becoming a feddie cop.

TenementFunster
Feb 20, 2003

The Cooler King
i'm watching Spriggan for the first time. halfway through, this menacing french guy showed up and i'm pleased to report that it is my good friend, Dio Brando.

TenementFunster
Feb 20, 2003

The Cooler King
speaking of Dio, this guy rules:
https://www.tiktok.com/embed/7118681605626924289

Grandpa Palpatine
Dec 13, 2019

by vyelkin

TenementFunster posted:

i'm watching Spriggan for the first time. halfway through, this menacing french guy showed up and i'm pleased to report that it is my good friend, Dio Brando.

the movie or the netflix thing

Grandpa Palpatine
Dec 13, 2019

by vyelkin
so I'm about to start LOGH like y'all were suggesting... and I'm trying to psych myself up because of the sheer number of episodes.

I like the fact that they use classical music throughout -- very appropriate to have Wagner and Beethoven and poo poo in space

Do I understand correctly that it is both extremely violent / gorey AND it has explicit nudity? sometimes at the same time??!

Bro Dad
Mar 26, 2010

yeah it's an OVA it was never meant to be aired on TV so they went nuts. keep in mind it is a offbeat production from the 80s/90s so I would not call the animation "dynamic" at all

Grandpa Palpatine
Dec 13, 2019

by vyelkin
jesus christ it's literally unavailable on every subscription service I have access to

Stairmaster
Jun 8, 2012

It was available on hidive until today lol

War and Pieces
Apr 24, 2022

DID NOT VOTE FOR FETTERMAN

jesus christ it's literally unavailable on every subscription service I have access to

w see oh dot tee vee

Orb Crabmelt
Jan 16, 2011

Nyorp.
Clapping Larry
It's been about a decade since I watched it so I could be wrong, but I don't remember any nudity in LOGH. And the gore was mostly from that one clip that's less than a minute long (still a good scene)

PiratePrentice
Oct 29, 2022

by Hand Knit
I don't really remember any explicit nudity, but there's occasional space battle casualties and stuff. It's pretty tame compared to most other OVAs with any kind of violence in them I think.

Kitfox88
Aug 21, 2007

Anybody lose their glasses?
i remember a naked fat chick during the history lesson about humanity's... history

also at least one case of a dude literally severed in half dragging his torso a few feet with entrails... trailing behind. :shrug:

Grandpa Palpatine
Dec 13, 2019

by vyelkin

War and Pieces posted:

w see oh dot tee vee

only has the fuckin new version

Also should I watch this dubbed or subbed? I'd prefer dubbed if the VA is good enough.

TenementFunster
Feb 20, 2003

The Cooler King

the movie or the netflix thing
the movie. the netflix spriggan has Guel Jeturk instead, who is also very good

lollontee
Nov 4, 2014
Probation
Can't post for 10 years!

Kitfox88 posted:

i remember a naked fat chick during the history lesson about humanity's... history

also at least one case of a dude literally severed in half dragging his torso a few feet with entrails... trailing behind. :shrug:

nuttin wrong with that

Bro Dad
Mar 26, 2010

only has the fuckin new version

Also should I watch this dubbed or subbed? I'd prefer dubbed if the VA is good enough.

lol

there are only subs, it would bankrupt anyone trying to dub it

Grandpa Palpatine
Dec 13, 2019

by vyelkin

Bro Dad posted:

lol

there are only subs, it would bankrupt anyone trying to dub it

Yea I finally read that after I posted but it was 3am and couldn't be bothered to edit

KomradeX
Oct 29, 2011

Stairmaster posted:

It was available on hidive until today lol

poo poo I waited too long

Grandpa Palpatine
Dec 13, 2019

by vyelkin
Surely it will get scooped up by some other HD streaming service?

:filez: ain't gonna work for me bc 720p on this 2560x1600 looks like poo poo

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Koirhor
Jan 14, 2008

by Fluffdaddy
I didn’t realize netflix ordered another season of that horrible GITS SAC sequel, loaded up the first episode and almost threw up I lasted like 2 mins

Been enjoying Vinland Saga though

Looking ahead to next season looking forward to Trigun and Ooyukiumi no Kaina, I’ll watch and read anything by Nihei, be nice if Netflix ordered more BLAME! movies instead.