Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.
What is the most powerful flying bug?
This poll is closed.
🦋 15 3.71%
🦇 115 28.47%
🪰 12 2.97%
🐦 67 16.58%
dragonfly 94 23.27%
🦟 14 3.47%
🐝 87 21.53%
Total: 404 votes
[Edit Poll (moderators only)]

Ardennes
May 12, 2002

HiroProtagonist posted:

Fly molo hosed Jeff's wife

Supposedly it was really mediocre, and that is how the beef started.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Slavvy
Dec 11, 2012

Hard to beat zelensky I guess

Weka
May 5, 2019

That child totally had it coming. Nobody should be able to be out at dusk except cars.

Turtle Watch posted:

Interesting claim here, let’s see if the facts back that up…

I’ve circled the bodies in red. Let’s get this lying, incorrect sack of poo poo out of here.

You have missed all the vehicle bodies.

Ardennes posted:

Granted, moving your entire life is easier said than done, but I kind of don't know why you would firesale stuff at this point unless that is a pre-planned financial decision.

Maybe so you can buy a home in the place you move to.

Some Guy TT
Aug 30, 2011

BULBASAUR posted:

hey thanks for giving a drat :shobon:

I'm out of the country, have lived abroad most of my life, so the most immediate effect is that I can't visit aging family. Besides this the real concern is if they'll punish expats that draft dodge. I think America did something like this during vietnam so we're dreading something similar being cooked up. I might end up exiled and totally cut off from my european family (and my 'assets' ie apartment etc seized)

This hasn't happened yet, but its a real worry

the better precedent to worry about is south korea drafting ethnic koreans for mandatory military service when they come over on birthright something which theyre more than happy to do even when the person in question doesnt speak a word of korean and is only in their files at all because some family member put it on a personal registry

and much like the case is in south korea you need to understand that the united states government will not lift a finger to help you and anyone representing them who promises to do so ahead of time is a damned liar

Ardennes
May 12, 2002

Weka posted:

Maybe so you can buy a home in the place you move to.

The question is can you get a fair market price or not and be able that to move that money despite sanctions without getting into some weird high load crypto arrangement.

Turtle Watch
Jul 30, 2010

by Games Forum

Weka posted:

Thank you. I was wrong. In my haste to own, I myself, was owned. My fathers are ashamed of me right now.

fizzy
Dec 2, 2022

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS
The Nazi Pope just died.

DancingShade
Jul 26, 2007

by Fluffdaddy

fizzy posted:

The Nazi Pope just died.

Those wild Ukraine S-300 air defence missiles will land anywhere. Barns, popes, nothing is safe.

Orange Devil
Oct 1, 2010

Wullie's reign cannae smother the flames o' equality!

mlmp08 posted:

You ask in a way that suggests you disagree?

I dunno, to me, when I see a power doing some imperialism, I just know. And this Russian invasion of Ukraine? Yep, some imperialism. There’s imperialism all over the place.

The American troop knows imperialism when he sees does it.

gradenko_2000
Oct 5, 2010

HELL SERPENT
Lipstick Apathy

fizzy posted:

The Nazi Pope just died.

Lol he literally did the old man 2022 / baby 2023 bit

Zeroisanumber
Oct 23, 2010

Nap Ghost

fizzy posted:

The Nazi Pope just died.

Bunch of The Worst Catholics are about to write some truly horseshit articles.

fizzy
Dec 2, 2022

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS
Looking forward to reading Frosted Flake's eulogy for the Nazi Pope.

Comrade Koba
Jul 2, 2007

russia killed the nazi pope to prove they could kill pope francis if they wanted to

Al-Saqr
Nov 11, 2007

One Day I Will Return To Your Side.
so like im no military genius but putin just gave Surovkin a medal, maybe he should hand out medals only after his generals actually win him this thing?

Cuttlefush
Jan 15, 2014

gotta have my purp

Al-Saqr posted:

so like im no military genius but putin just gave Surovkin a medal, maybe he should hand out medals only after his generals actually win him this thing?

Don't you play Warhammer? Medals and relics and poo poo are buffs. You use it to shore up your lovely units or whatever

Al-Saqr
Nov 11, 2007

One Day I Will Return To Your Side.

Cuttlefush posted:

Don't you play Warhammer? Medals and relics and poo poo are buffs. You use it to shore up your lovely units or whatever

hmmm true! perhaps this will give him an extra command point or a special relic weapon.

Dixon Chisholm
Jan 2, 2020

BULBASAUR posted:

I'm out of the country, have lived abroad most of my life, so the most immediate effect is that I can't visit aging family. Besides this the real concern is if they'll punish expats that draft dodge. I think America did something like this during vietnam so we're dreading something similar being cooked up. I might end up exiled and totally cut off from my european family (and my 'assets' ie apartment etc seized)

i hope it doesn't happen. gently caress this stupid war.

ContinuityNewTimes
Dec 30, 2010

Я выдуман напрочь

Al-Saqr posted:

hmmm true! perhaps this will give him an extra command point or a special relic weapon.

Master-crafted Archeotech Mosin

Dixon Chisholm
Jan 2, 2020

DancingShade posted:

They program a course in their tesla autopilot, say "computer engage program" and let their car autonavigate to Moscow while they take a nap in the drivers seat.

It works a bit like this https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=lTO5vhRFCv0

rowan is the king, with alan and hamish at his right hand.

Dixon Chisholm
Jan 2, 2020

fizzy posted:

The Nazi Pope just died.

ff is gutted

lollontee
Nov 4, 2014
Probation
Can't post for 10 years!

BULBASAUR posted:

if you need bed in finland on your journey in or out, shoot me a pm on protonmail

go with Allah

Lostconfused
Oct 1, 2008

Al-Saqr posted:

Putin is nice enough to get his pals some nice presents for new years.

Some people just don't understand the spirit of a holiday, shame.

tazjin
Jul 24, 2015

It's 2023 in the Far East, so Putin's New Years speech is up: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=6mrb5NcoBYY

TL;DW, nothing major:

• 2022 was a year of difficult decisions
  • finally doing something against Nazis attacking people in Donbass
  • the West lied
  • special congratulations and thanks to everyone involved in the SMO
  • even though we've had sanctions for years, we're now in a true sanctions war and thanks to {everyone} it hasn't worked out so far
  • special thanks and respect to all the people who died in the SMO, they're heroes, and it must be difficult for their families tonight
  • together we can overcome all these difficulties facing our one and only motherland

Normally he does them somewhere outside, but this time it was in front of a group of soldiers somewhere inside.

May have missed something, but probably nothing important.

Anyways, time to prepare for New Year's celebrations. С наступающим новым годом, пусть ваши посты будут адекватными!

Lostconfused
Oct 1, 2008

lol

Donrf posted:

(from t.me/donrf22/11896, via tgsa)

Lord of Pie
Mar 2, 2007

fizzy posted:

The Nazi Pope just died.

I wonder if they'll use the same grifter embalmer's process that they used on the original Nazi pope

quote:

Pius XII's physician, Riccardo Galeazzi-Lisi, reported that the pontiff's body was embalmed in the room where he died using a novel process invented by Oreste Nuzzi.

Pope Pius XII did not want the vital organs removed from his body, demanding instead that it be kept in the same condition "in which God created it". According to Galeazzi-Lisi, this was the reason why he and Nuzzi, an embalmer from Naples, used an atypical approach with the embalming procedure. In a controversial press conference, Galeazzi-Lisi described in great detail the embalming of the body of the late pontiff. He claimed to have used the same system of oils and resins with which the body of Jesus Christ was preserved.

Galeazzi-Lisi asserted that the new process would "preserve the body indefinitely in its natural state". However, whatever chance the new embalming process had of efficaciously preserving the body was obliterated by intense heat in Castel Gandolfo during the embalming process. As a result, the body decomposed rapidly and the viewing of the faithful had to be terminated abruptly.

Galeazzi-Lisi reported that heat in the halls, where the body of the late Pope lay in state, caused chemical reactions which required it to be treated twice after the original preparation. Swiss Guards stationed around Pius XII's body were reported to have become ill during their vigil.

PhilippAchtel
May 31, 2011

Pro: They actually take their truck off road

Con: They are a Nazi

Lostconfused
Oct 1, 2008

https://twitter.com/200_zoka/status/1609150585638617088
https://twitter.com/200_zoka/status/1609161893633003521

mila kunis
Jun 10, 2011
e: i guess this violates thread rules so w.e

lollontee
Nov 4, 2014
Probation
Can't post for 10 years!
edit:also lol qcs has been closed for more than a day now

lollontee
Nov 4, 2014
Probation
Can't post for 10 years!
lol

Ardennes
May 12, 2002
Yeah the rat imagery is uh something...

speng31b
May 8, 2010

Ardennes posted:

the swan lake thing at the end with the way the old u/r thread closed

sum
Nov 15, 2010

Western military aid continues to get sadder and sadder.
https://twitter.com/Osinttechnical/status/1609024103201050624

SplitSoul
Dec 31, 2000

Slavarmageddon

https://twitter.com/prxpnx/status/1609144325908078592

Futanari Damacy
Oct 30, 2021

by sebmojo

Correct me if I'm mistaken, but is the official policy behind not being allowed to bring this up in other threads still that it happens so often it's "boring?" :allears:

Futanari Damacy
Oct 30, 2021

by sebmojo

You know who else could absolutely not resist depicting their civilian enemies (:wtc:) as rats?

Sorry, I know it's boring

e: lol first comment gets it

https://twitter.com/CMeat12/status/1609163048366776321

gradenko_2000
Oct 5, 2010

HELL SERPENT
Lipstick Apathy

Ardennes posted:

Reporting Oleksiy Danilov for breaking thread rules on essentialism

Futanari Damacy
Oct 30, 2021

by sebmojo

sum posted:

Western military aid continues to get sadder and sadder.
https://twitter.com/Osinttechnical/status/1609024103201050624

JUST STOP THE loving WAR ALREADY! THIS IS PATHETIC

genericnick
Dec 26, 2012

Futanari Damacy posted:

You know who else could absolutely not resist depicting their civilian enemies (:wtc:) as rats?

Sorry, I know it's boring

e: lol first comment gets it

https://twitter.com/CMeat12/status/1609163048366776321

Lmao, yeah that's like the one minute of footage they show in history class. Good job.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Nonsense
Jan 26, 2007

Putin's allies in QCS have unconditionally surrendered. Victory for the United Nations is imminent.