Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

baronmasochist
Jan 17, 2004

colors
Have some knock-off muppets! These were stolen with Cinematic Diffusion and Analog Diffusion. Adding bisexual lighting to prompts with these models really brings out the colors.

Prompts are variations on portrait photo of muppet, bisexual lighting, dim key light, exaggerated facial expression with some negative prompting to try to remove humans from the output.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

KwegiboHB
Feb 2, 2004

nonconformist art brut
Negative prompt: amenable, compliant, docile, law-abiding, lawful, legal, legitimate, obedient, orderly, submissive, tractable
Steps: 32, Sampler: DPM++ 2M Karras, CFG scale: 11, Seed: 520244594, Size: 512x512, Model hash: 99fd5c4b6f, Model: seekArtMEGA_mega20

Swedish Thaumocracy posted:

What are some of the most striking images you lot have made since this whole thing started?

I dunno, do these count as striking?

quantum wavetrace of two hydrogen atoms at moment of fusion
Steps: 64, Sampler: k_euler_a, CFG scale: 7.5, Seed: 3451137522, Size: 512x512, Model hash: 7460a6fa

inverse quantum wavetrace of two hydrogen atoms at the moment of fusion
Steps: 64, Sampler: k_euler_a, CFG scale: 7.5, Seed: 2046138787, Size: 512x512, Model hash: 7460a6fa

close up view of photon
Steps: 64, Sampler: k_euler_a, CFG scale: 30, Seed: 3223332440, Size: 512x512, Model hash: 7460a6fa

AARD VARKMAN
May 17, 1993

My internet connection died so I asked my locally run copy of stable diffusion to paint me a new one.

"Internet connection. Surrealist art." Euler A, 20 steps. 512x512

I honestly think it's one of the best images I've/it's generated so far? If i get a decent scaling of it I could even consider hanging it on my wall.

What are some of the most striking images you lot have made since this whole thing started?

one of the earliest thing I got I still enjoy looking at

AARD VARKMAN posted:

"a place that should not exist, colorful photograph by Michal Karcz and Gregory Crewdson"

and these

AARD VARKMAN posted:

"John Goodman swimming in the ocean depths, cosmic horror painting, elegant intricate digital painting artstation concept art by Mark Brooks and Brad Kunkle detailed" -H 704 -C 10.0 -n 9 -s 150

VectorSigma
Jan 20, 2004

Transform
and
Freak Out

i pulled this out of midjourney way back in august:

it now hangs on my wall as a glass print

Rutibex
Sep 9, 2001

by Fluffdaddy

Megazver posted:

If you make it, I'll come.

:tipshat:
I have made the thread
AI Tools For Traditional Games
https://forums.somethingawful.com/showthread.php?threadid=4020822

Megazver
Jan 13, 2006
noice

It's 4AM here and I'm going to bed, but I'll start posting there tomorrow.

VectorSigma
Jan 20, 2004

Transform
and
Freak Out

https://twitter.com/TheOnion/status/1608896981006487552

img2img, "cyberpunk cyborg criminal with an eyepatch" with a few different models and a couple minor prompt varations

Humbug Scoolbus
Apr 25, 2008

The scarlet letter was her passport into regions where other women dared not tread. Shame, Despair, Solitude! These had been her teachers, stern and wild ones, and they had made her strong, but taught her much amiss.
Clapping Larry
Striking?

Riddler hideout in Gotham City

Batman Picasso's Blue Period

Hieronymous Bosch's Times Square

And what shoulder and what art Could twist the sinews of thy heart And when thy heart began to beat What dread hand and what dread feet

Tunicate
May 15, 2012

Match these hot new series with their Appropriate Channels
ABC Family
Discovery
Disney
Hallmark
HBO
Syfy
PBS

Free space: Cartoon network

Rutibex
Sep 9, 2001

by Fluffdaddy

GoodluckJonathan
Oct 31, 2003

Thats the stuff.

Rutibex
Sep 9, 2001

by Fluffdaddy
A wizard casting "Prismatic Spray"

SubG
Aug 19, 2004

It's a hard world for little things.

Megazver posted:

How would you prompt this angle to an AI?

Or this one?

In SD at least, I'd prompt it the way it would be tagged by a photographer. So for the first one something like "portrait of a man, low angle, shot with Nikkon D750, 85mm, F/1.8, chiarascuro, 8k" or something along those lines. Different camera models tend to skew different ways. Sometimes supplying a specific lens "Nikkor 85mm" instead of just "85mm" also helps. For the second one you're wanting "side angle portrait" or "portrait of a [whatever], side angle" and then the fiddly camera stuff.

Rollos
Aug 11, 2007

Hold on, won't be long
Don't know if this is the place to ask this but does anyone know if there are image to text AI generators anywhere?

Ruffian Price
Sep 17, 2016

You mean something like the CLIP interrogator or something that would try to tell the story behind the picture?

The Sausages
Sep 30, 2012

What do you want to do? Who do you want to be?
Assuming you mean something that will describe a picture for you, the Automatic1111 webui has one built in (CLIP interrogator as stated above), it's geared towards producing prompts that will produce a similar pic, which means it's not great.

edit: You can try it out here as well.

For all the cool elaborate artsy poo poo I've done, the most striking ones are super simple.

Prompt: "Rainbow Lion, Street Art" (imperfectly edited to give it a plain background), I don't have the settings but iirc I used Stable Diffusion 1.5 and the euler scheduler.

and this one I printed out on stickers and put it in a few places. It cheers me up every time I see it.

Prompt: "The World's Happiest Little Rainbow Dog", probably Waifu Diffusion 1.3 or the NAI leak.

The Sausages fucked around with this message at 12:44 on Dec 31, 2022

Rollos
Aug 11, 2007

Hold on, won't be long
Thanks peeps! Yeah CLIP Interrogator was exactly what I was thinking of.

KillHour
Oct 28, 2007

I needed some cozy images to cheer me up

KillHour fucked around with this message at 12:40 on Dec 31, 2022

The Sausages
Sep 30, 2012

It being geared towards producing prompts makes it godawful in a lot of ways, but it's useful for using img2img.
because according to CLIP interrogator v2 those last two were "a colorful lion head on a white background, by Lisa Frank, full of colour 8-w 1024, avatar image, light show, platon" and "a dog sitting in the grass with a rainbow in the background, a raytraced image, deviantart contest winner, furry art, cute corgi, 3d model of a japanese mascot, happy sunny day, realistic cartoon"

Putting that into SD 2.1 goes about as well as expected:

You're overthinking things, CLIP interrogator.

edit: goddamn those are cute cozy owls.

The Sausages
Sep 30, 2012

Actually I'm starting to see all the problems with the cute cozy owls. As well as the concept in the first place. Owls at rest. It's the rest of the loving owl, isn't it?

I tried and failed to fix the talons so just got rid of them, and replaced that weird tucked in bit with more feathers. I wonder what else could be improved:

I hope that AI artists start to do some editing or reprocessing to fix the details. Sure hands or claws or whatever sucks when AI does it. But it's not that hard to either edit out extra fingers/claws and smooth things out with img2img, or use inpainting to work on problem features until they aren't a problem any more. Maybe 95% of AI art is unusable because of the flaws in the details, and maybe 90% of that is fixable. Apart from AI pics I've only hosed around with lovely memes in GIMP so it's not like it's hard or requires skill to tidy things up a little. My biggest fear about AI art is that the standards are lowered and this sort of poo poo becomes the new normal for the corporate & promo "art" that's shoved in our faces 24/7. AI art is uncanny enough that if it starts appearing everywhere it's gonna cause problems for people with an already loosened grasp on reality.

The Sausages fucked around with this message at 13:32 on Dec 31, 2022

Rollos
Aug 11, 2007

Hold on, won't be long

The Sausages posted:

It being geared towards producing prompts makes it godawful in a lot of ways, but it's useful for using img2img.
because according to CLIP interrogator v2 those last two were "a colorful lion head on a white background, by Lisa Frank, full of colour 8-w 1024, avatar image, light show, platon" and "a dog sitting in the grass with a rainbow in the background, a raytraced image, deviantart contest winner, furry art, cute corgi, 3d model of a japanese mascot, happy sunny day, realistic cartoon"
I was just curious since I'm an artist and I wanted to see what the word associations are with my stuff. I don't know much about how these work but I think assume there's something in the neural networks that is modeling an image to text and trying to minimize the error compared to the text to image.

Tamba
Apr 5, 2010

the CLIP stuff is actually how they trained stable diffusion. They first made a model to describe images, then grabbed every image off the internet they could get their hands on and used the AI generated description* to train Stable Diffusion.
The anime models are so powerful because Danbooru is just a huge source of correctly tagged images.

*Combined with some website-specific information, when available. That's where the whole "trending on Artstation" stuff comes from.

Tamba fucked around with this message at 14:10 on Dec 31, 2022

Cabbages and VHS
Aug 25, 2004

Listen, I've been around a bit, you know, and I thought I'd seen some creepy things go on in the movie business, but I really have to say this is the most disgusting thing that's ever happened to me.

baronmasochist posted:

Have some knock-off muppets! These were stolen with Cinematic Diffusion and Analog Diffusion. Adding bisexual lighting to prompts with these models really brings out the colors.

I haven't used these checkpoints. Did you use them on their own or create merged checkpoints w/SD?

Cousin Todd
Jul 3, 2007
Grimey Drawer

Rutibex posted:

A wizard casting "Prismatic Spray"

I can see a bunch of these on t-shirts.

Cabbages and VHS
Aug 25, 2004

Listen, I've been around a bit, you know, and I thought I'd seen some creepy things go on in the movie business, but I really have to say this is the most disgusting thing that's ever happened to me.
Trent really went out of his way to help us in the future wars, but it's taken a toll on him

"Hypnotic sound of silence, echoing through the trees
The cracking of the rifles, the marching of the feet
I see your world on fire..."

quote:

syberart trent reznor in SWAT gear and carrying an assault rifle, leaping through a glass window into a burning building, cinematic, highly detailed, epic lighting, realistic war, 4k octane render
Steps: 20, Sampler: Euler a, CFG scale: 7, Seed: 717547105, Size: 768x512, Model hash: e246da64, Batch size: 8, Batch pos: 7, Denoising strength: 0.7, First pass size: 0x0

quote:

syberart trent reznor in SWAT gear and carrying an assault rifle, leaping through a glass window into a burning building, cinematic, highly detailed, bisexual lighting, realistic war, 4k octane render
Steps: 20, Sampler: Euler a, CFG scale: 7, Seed: 717547105, Size: 768x512, Model hash: e246da64, Batch size: 8, Batch pos: 7, Denoising strength: 0.7, First pass size: 0x0

mobby_6kl
Aug 9, 2009

by Fluffdaddy
I wasn't paying attention for a while, I see there's now checkpoint 1.5 and a whole new release 2.1 Is this the one to use nowadays? https://huggingface.co/stabilityai/stable-diffusion-2-1/blob/main/v2-1_768-ema-pruned.ckpt

Cabbages and VHS
Aug 25, 2004

mobby_6kl posted:

I wasn't paying attention for a while, I see there's now checkpoint 1.5 and a whole new release 2.1 Is this the one to use nowadays? https://huggingface.co/stabilityai/stable-diffusion-2-1/blob/main/v2-1_768-ema-pruned.ckpt

depends what you want to do. If you're still wanting things in `artgerm` style or wanting super realistic Celebrity Person, or NSFW anything, you want 1.5 still, probably, or some of the other checkpoints based on it.

https://www.assemblyai.com/blog/stable-diffusion-1-vs-2-what-you-need-to-know/

2.x uses a different prompt model where negative prompts are significantly important but also there's a prompt converter on huggingface that will give you a starting point 2.1 positive prompt, based on any 1.5 prompt (so, anything from lexica.art).

Sedgr
Sep 16, 2007

Neat!

A series about diving in the triangle.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=NXRpuq5LD6A

Megazver
Jan 13, 2006
accidentally generated the world's most PTSD baby

KillHour
Oct 28, 2007

The Sausages posted:

Actually I'm starting to see all the problems with the cute cozy owls. As well as the concept in the first place. Owls at rest. It's the rest of the loving owl, isn't it?

I tried and failed to fix the talons so just got rid of them, and replaced that weird tucked in bit with more feathers. I wonder what else could be improved:

I hope that AI artists start to do some editing or reprocessing to fix the details. Sure hands or claws or whatever sucks when AI does it. But it's not that hard to either edit out extra fingers/claws and smooth things out with img2img, or use inpainting to work on problem features until they aren't a problem any more. Maybe 95% of AI art is unusable because of the flaws in the details, and maybe 90% of that is fixable. Apart from AI pics I've only hosed around with lovely memes in GIMP so it's not like it's hard or requires skill to tidy things up a little. My biggest fear about AI art is that the standards are lowered and this sort of poo poo becomes the new normal for the corporate & promo "art" that's shoved in our faces 24/7. AI art is uncanny enough that if it starts appearing everywhere it's gonna cause problems for people with an already loosened grasp on reality.

I'm sorry I didn't open Photoshop and clean up the images I generated while lying in bed unable to sleep to make myself feel better after a really hard day and I just wanted to share them because they made me smile.

Dick.

ThisIsJohnWayne
Feb 23, 2007
Ooo! Look at me! NO DON'T LOOK AT ME!

I appreciated them, thank you :3:

baronmasochist
Jan 17, 2004

colors

Cabbages and Kings posted:

I haven't used these checkpoints. Did you use them on their own or create merged checkpoints w/SD?

I don't think I've created a merged checkpoint w/SD yet. I just added the Analog/Cinematic checkpoints to A1111's models directory and switched the model in the web ui.

WhiteHowler
Apr 3, 2001

I'M HUGE!
A few random things I've done this month. Prompts are mostly lost to the ages due to inpainting.

Blue wizard needs food badly!

Trapped in the looking glass

Release the robo-geisha

The Sausages
Sep 30, 2012

KillHour posted:

I'm sorry I didn't open Photoshop and clean up the images I generated while lying in bed unable to sleep to make myself feel better after a really hard day and I just wanted to share them because they made me smile.

Dick.

That's fair, I'm genuinely sorry. I'm just venting itt rather than on the platforms where it's an actual problem bc I don't want to touch the poop.

Sedgr
Sep 16, 2007

Neat!

I actually kind of like the images with the errors. Part of what I find interesting about generating A.I art. is seeing where it gets it right and where it gets it wrong. Pieces where people have gone in and corrected mistakes are often "better" but I find the mistakes it makes integral to what makes it interesting to me.

You can correct an A.I. image and you have a better image and that's cool and I like it. Or you can not correct an A.I. image and help map the A.I.'s mental landscape and that's cool and I like it.

WhiteHowler
Apr 3, 2001

I'M HUGE!

The Sausages posted:

That's fair, I'm genuinely sorry. I'm just venting itt rather than on the platforms where it's an actual problem bc I don't want to touch the poop.

I am not specifically singling you out, but that does bring up a point...

It's probably best not to offer critique unless it's explicitly asked for. I believe that was a cardinal rule in the Creative Convention art sharing threads back in the day. No idea if it still is, but it's a good philosophy to follow.

Remember that a lot of people are still starting out with this stuff, and some are sharing things they're proud of regardless of any "flaws" you might see. And sometimes those flaws were left in by choice. I occasionally prefer certain imperfections in my images if they enhance the vision I was going for.

Pointing out problems discourages others from posting their art here, and I'd rather suffer the occasional seven-fingered hand than have people be afraid to post - and as a result of sharing potentially be inspired to practice and improve.

Cabbages and VHS
Aug 25, 2004

The Sausages posted:

But it's not that hard to either edit out extra fingers/claws and smooth things out with img2img, or use inpainting to work on problem features until they aren't a problem any more.

you're right and I do this to the 5% of images I care enough about to polish but :rubby: at coming off high and mighty about people posting poo poo ITT that made them happy that they didn't want to extensively post process. ffs

it's also not that hard to think for 10 seconds before posting?

10...9.... ah gently caress it :justpost:

Cabbages and VHS
Aug 25, 2004

guys did you hear that people are posting unpolished images? And I don't just mean here, I mean in serious Art parts of the internet!

edit:

quote:

syberart artist making unfinished painting on computer, bedroom background, extremely detailed, artgerm 4k hdr
Negative prompt: unrealistic, extra fingers
Steps: 20, Sampler: Euler a, CFG scale: 7, Seed: 685369320, Size: 768x512, Model hash: e246da64, Batch size: 8, Batch pos: 0, Denoising strength: 0.7, First pass size: 0x0

Cabbages and VHS fucked around with this message at 00:44 on Jan 1, 2023

KillHour
Oct 28, 2007

Alright they apologized and I was pretty grumpy when I replied too so we can probably drop the bag of feathers

Something Awful forums member being punished, historical, reproduction

KillHour fucked around with this message at 00:56 on Jan 1, 2023

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Megazver
Jan 13, 2006
here's a couple more cute irradiated mutant babies