Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Samadhi
May 13, 2001

D-LINK posted:

Pets are family

Don't talk about the French like that

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

D-LINK
Oct 1, 2007

I was talking to peachy Peach about kissy Kiss. He bought me a soda.

Samadhi posted:

Don't talk about the French like that

Hey-o! Happy NY to you and the fellas

No Butt Stuff
Jun 10, 2004

Kids came back from the ex, she casually mentions “oh I think the boys have pink eye.”

You couldn’t have mentioned this prior? So I could get them appointments or loving deal with it? Jesus Christ.

The Glumslinger
Sep 24, 2008

Coach Nagy, you want me to throw to WHAT side of the field?

Hair Elf
Just in such a lovely mood about my week getting completely derailed by COVID and my broken toe. Annoyed about all of the plans I had to cancel, but I still get well just in time to have to spend all NYE day with my GF's family.

BlindSite
Feb 8, 2009

The Glumslinger posted:

Just in such a lovely mood about my week getting completely derailed by COVID and my broken toe. Annoyed about all of the plans I had to cancel, but I still get well just in time to have to spend all NYE day with my GF's family.

Right there with ya mate.

Kalli
Jun 2, 2001

Sorry to hear about your pup NBS

Freaquency
May 10, 2007

"Yes I can hear you, I don't have ear cancer!"

I am effectively 100% fine but my SO caught it from me (which was not unexpected but still disappointing). I specifically plan our Christmas road trips back so that our stops along the way are fun and interesting and now it’s going to be a quarantine car ride :mad:

Leperflesh
May 17, 2007

My condolences, NBS. I've been there, and very recently, and it's still painful. Yesterday I was lookin at my wife's boxes from her new 3d printer all over the dining room and the stray thought was "Bean is gonna tear into those as soon as we leave the room" and then immediately "oh yeah Bean's gone." Just a habitual thing.

Intruder
Mar 5, 2003

I got a taste for blown saves
I'm so sorry about your good girl NBS :(

LeeMajors
Jan 20, 2005

I've gotta stop fantasizing about Lee Majors...
Ah, one more!

Leperflesh posted:

My condolences, NBS. I've been there, and very recently, and it's still painful. Yesterday I was lookin at my wife's boxes from her new 3d printer all over the dining room and the stray thought was "Bean is gonna tear into those as soon as we leave the room" and then immediately "oh yeah Bean's gone." Just a habitual thing.

Even over a year after our lanky girl died I still react to doorbell rings and wait to hear her nails on the hardwood, or tags on the bowl.

Pets, man. :(

Samadhi
May 13, 2001

D-LINK posted:

Hey-o! Happy NY to you and the fellas

Happy new year to you, whether you are spending it in Pittsburgh or Paris

Android Apocalypse
Apr 28, 2009

The future is
AUTOMATED
and you are
OBSOLETE

Illegal Hen
Amazing how my sister's tone changed when I bounced out of her place unannounced to crash at my friend's place. So far I've gotten texts & voicemails from my brother-in-law & his family wondering what happened.

I'm just happy to chill out eating pizza & drinking beer at my friend's place.

Quiet Feet
Dec 14, 2009

THE HELL IS WITH THIS ASS!?

drat, now I want pizza and beer.

Just gonna be myself, wife and I for New Years tomorrow. We're gonna have horse d'ovaries and snacks for lunch and watch the Frosty the Snowman movie and probably something else. Then I'm gonna make chicken parm for dinner with sparkling cider and a nice pie.

Kiddo is a wreck if she's not in bed at a decent time, and my wife is always in bed by 10 so I'll ring in the new years alone with a nice Belgian quad as usual.

Dango Bango
Jul 26, 2007

Quiet Feet posted:

Just gonna be myself, wife and I for New Years tomorrow. We're gonna have horse d'ovaries and snacks for lunch and watch the Frosty the Snowman movie and probably something else. Then I'm gonna make chicken parm for dinner with sparkling cider and a nice pie.

Kiddo is a wreck if she's not in bed at a decent time, and my wife is always in bed by 10 so I'll ring in the new years alone with a nice Belgian quad as usual.

This autocorrect made me laugh pretty hard

Tulalip Tulips
Sep 1, 2013

The best apologies are crafted with love.
Making chicken and dumplings and my stock smells so good but since I started it all late I've got another hour to hour and half before I can eat it.

C-Euro
Mar 20, 2010

:science:
Soiled Meat
A couple of my friends are hosting a NYE party and made it clear that they're kicking everyone out at 9 PM because they are old people at heart and plan to sleep through the ball drop.

Rectal Placenta
Feb 25, 2011

Dango Bango posted:

This autocorrect made me laugh pretty hard

I did a double take and figured maybe it was some type of gross French delicacy I was unfamiliar with, then realized what happened

Grittybeard
Mar 29, 2010

Bad, very bad!
Huh, the Nazi pope died.

Reading the nice editorialized version of this man's life I am still not particularly inclined to miss him even if I believed some farcically obvious lies. I do give him credit for saying 'nope, I'm not the Pope anymore, I'm done' even though that wasn't supposed to be a thing up till then.

e: edited with a link past the paywall if anyone wants to read a whole lot about a dead Pope.

Grittybeard fucked around with this message at 13:22 on Dec 31, 2022

Shinji2015
Aug 31, 2007
Keen on the hygiene and on the mission like a super technician.

Grittybeard posted:

Huh, the Nazi pope died.

Reading the nice editorialized version of this man's life I am still not particularly inclined to miss him even if I believed some farcically obvious lies. I do give him credit for saying 'nope, I'm not the Pope anymore, I'm done' even though that wasn't supposed to be a thing up till then.

Huh.

So that's Barbara Walters and Nazi Pope before the end of the year

Vertical Lime
Dec 11, 2004

Shinji2015 posted:

Huh.

So that's Barbara Walters and Nazi Pope before the end of the year

that's why you don't do in memoriams before the end of the year

re: 2016

T-Square
May 14, 2009

Quiet Feet posted:

My friends are having a NYE party tonight and I caught a teeny tiny amount of poo poo for not planning on going. GF doesn’t feel like going out and neither do I TBH. We’re staying in with edibles and making Beef Wellington and Yorkshire Pudding and playing video games, sounds great to me.

C-Euro posted:

A couple of my friends are hosting a NYE party and made it clear that they're kicking everyone out at 9 PM

Now this I would get down with. If I did go everyone would lose their minds if I left before midnight, I haven’t stayed up much past 10 in months, I’m not making it to the ball drop :v:

Quiet Feet
Dec 14, 2009

T-Square posted:

My friends are having a NYE party tonight and I caught a teeny tiny amount of poo poo for not planning on going. GF doesn’t feel like going out and neither do I TBH. We’re staying in with edibles and making Beef Wellington and Yorkshire Pudding and playing video games, sounds great to me.

Yeah that sounds perfect. For us, we've already traveled out of state to see my family on Christmas Eve, her family on Christmas and then had to spend another few hours in the car a day or two later getting home and unpacking and we both just want to sit at home and put our feet up. And it's not like kiddo is gonna stay up until midnight anyway.

Also no, no horse ovaries. Menu today should look something like

Lunch
Chips and cucumbers and dip
cheese, pepperoni, salami tray
Garlic and herb almonds
baked brie with crackers
bacon-wrapped apricots

Dinner
garlic bread
green salad
chicken parmesan
angel hair spaghett' in Victoria marinara
blush sparkling cider

Dessert
cherry/blueberry pie with graham cracker curst, crispy streusel topping and homemade maple whipped cream.

Quiet Feet fucked around with this message at 15:50 on Dec 31, 2022

LLCoolJD
Dec 8, 2007

Musk threatens the inorganic promotion of left-wing ideology that had been taking place on the platform

Block me for being an unironic DeSantis fan, too!
David Warner is a slightly under-the-radar death of 2022. He was an incredible actor who wasn't afraid to take a payday and turn some Star Trek characters into absolute gems.

T-Square posted:

I have kids so I can't really do either of those things anymore. Both sound good to me.

C-Euro
Mar 20, 2010

:science:
Soiled Meat
A children's museum around here is doing a ball drop for little ones at 12...PM :v: I think it's too late for us to get tickets though. Besides, here in Philly it's the New Year's Day party that's the main event.

Silly Burrito
Nov 27, 2007

SET A COURSE FOR
THE FLAVOR QUADRANT
We're just having my nephew over and maybe one of my daughter's friends. Braks' is making chili and hot dogs, and we'll probably play Jackbox and Rifftrax with the kids. Low key this year.

Quiet Feet
Dec 14, 2009

Silly Burrito posted:

We're just having my nephew over and maybe one of my daughter's friends. Braks' is making chili and hot dogs, and we'll probably play Jackbox and Rifftrax with the kids. Low key this year.

What's good on Rifftrax of late? For some reason I always remember they exist this time of year. I guess Santa Clause and the Ice Cream Bunny has wound its way into my brain like a parasite or something.

swickles
Aug 21, 2006

I guess that I don't need that though
Now you're just some QB that I used to know
I have been trying to get from Fort Lauderdale to Miami for the past two hours. Every Uber/Lyft says 10 minutes away, drops someone at the airport, then cancels. Repeat times 4 or 5. Finally decided to rent a car which is about the same or cheaper than an Uber and now i am in line with about 20 people in front of me and only one person working...

Oh and tried to get a traditional cab but they won't drive to Miami....

The flying part is done, this is supposed to be the easy part!!

swickles fucked around with this message at 17:16 on Dec 31, 2022

Qwijib0
Apr 10, 2007

Who needs on-field skills when you can dance like this?

Fun Shoe

C-Euro posted:

A children's museum around here is doing a ball drop for little ones at 12...PM :v: I think it's too late for us to get tickets though. Besides, here in Philly it's the New Year's Day party that's the main event.

I learned about "happy noon year" from highlights high five last year. It's a cute idea.

Bird in a Blender
Nov 17, 2005

It's amazing what they can do with computers these days.

swickles posted:

I have been trying to get from Fort Lauderdale to Miami for the past two hours. Every Uber/Lyft says 10 minutes away, drops someone at the airport, then cancels. Repeat times 4 or 5. Finally decided to rent a car which is about the same or cheaper than an Uber and now i am in line with about 20 people in front of me and only one person working...

Oh and tried to get a traditional cab but they won't drive to Miami....

The flying part is done, this is supposed to be the easy part!!

Time to show off hose gams and stick out your thumb.

Silly Burrito
Nov 27, 2007

SET A COURSE FOR
THE FLAVOR QUADRANT

Quiet Feet posted:

What's good on Rifftrax of late? For some reason I always remember they exist this time of year. I guess Santa Clause and the Ice Cream Bunny has wound its way into my brain like a parasite or something.

Whoops, I meant the game. There’s a game that’s pretty much like What The Dub, and I saw it on sale for five bucks. They show a clip and everyone makes the best joke and you vote on it.

I haven’t watched a real Rifftrax in awhile, sorry. I subscribe to the new MST3K but I haven’t even caught up with season 12 yet. Such a slacker.

a sexual elk
May 16, 2007

Man I am loving Succession, middle of s2 so far and I’m glued to it

E: I should read King Lear to compare

a sexual elk fucked around with this message at 18:12 on Dec 31, 2022

opposable thumbs.db
Jan 7, 2008
It's hard to say that it's wrong that my life revolves around my dog when she is cuter and more interesting than me
Pillbug

LLCoolJD posted:

David Warner is a slightly under-the-radar death of 2022. He was an incredible actor who wasn't afraid to take a payday and turn some Star Trek characters into absolute gems.

BlindSite is going to read your first sentence and flip out for half a second

harperdc
Jul 24, 2007

Happy New Year, went to bed at like 10 but the little one got up like 20 minutes ago needing a bottle :v:

Its Rinaldo
Aug 13, 2010

CODS BINCH

harperdc posted:

Happy New Year, went to bed at like 10 but the little one got up like 20 minutes ago needing a bottle :v:

Are you from the future?

JPrime
Jul 4, 2007

tales of derring-do, bad and good luck tales!
College Slice

Its Rinaldo posted:

Are you from the future?

he's in guam iirc

Grittybeard
Mar 29, 2010

Bad, very bad!

harperdc posted:

Its Rinaldo posted:

Are you from the future?

Give me betting tips!

a sexual elk
May 16, 2007

Grittybeard posted:

Give me betting tips!

Vikings lose

Timby
Dec 23, 2006

Your mother!

LLCoolJD posted:

He kills it in TNG's Chain of Command, Part 2, but the really amazing part of that performance was that he was a last-minute replacement for an actor who backed out just before filming (that actor's never been named). So Warner came in and was reading his dialogue from cue cards on the floor, because he had so little time to actually rehearse and learn his lines.

Android Apocalypse
Apr 28, 2009

The future is
AUTOMATED
and you are
OBSOLETE

Illegal Hen
Still my favorite David Warner role:
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=C1rc8XXUjiI

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Leperflesh