Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Ellipson
Sep 14, 2007

everything's cool

Internet Explorer posted:

I must be getting unlucky with queues or something, because every time I try to play Damnation there is no one on.

I can’t get them to pop consistently, but they do pop. Yesterday I did a solo queue damnation on the plague tree map, got a slow trickle of players and finally filled the party (with 3 zealots to my veteran) about 1/3rd of the way through the map. Sometimes reinforcements never show up though.

And yeah, player quality is so much better in Damnation that I bet my success rate is higher there too. The above run was smooth despite the zealots having two flamers and a bolter between them, because they protected me like I was the emprah

Ellipson fucked around with this message at 18:55 on Dec 31, 2022

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Typical Pubbie
May 10, 2011
Because the thread kept singing its praises, I've been playing with the revolver on my zealot, and I think I get it now. It can pop weaker enemies, but to make the weapon work you have to use its stagger as pocket CC. Knock a tough enemy on its rear end and then combo into melee. Save your bullets.

Mendrian
Jan 6, 2013

Nehru the Damaja posted:

You'd think I'd have figured it out before now but I realized I don't like playing Psyker, and not just for power reasons.

I think the psyker has some odd design choices. Much has been said about their talents and I agree they aren't great but for me the problem stems from designing a class around committing to an action now (charging up brain burst, or a staff effect) and then trying to deploy it several seconds later. This game is entirely about speed of reaction time, but all of the class's best tools are supposed to be time commitments. That would be fine if it was a push-your-luck mechanic but half credit isn't worth much on staves and nothing on brain burst.

Vargs
Mar 27, 2010

Mendrian posted:

I think the psyker has some odd design choices. Much has been said about their talents and I agree they aren't great but for me the problem stems from designing a class around committing to an action now (charging up brain burst, or a staff effect) and then trying to deploy it several seconds later. This game is entirely about speed of reaction time, but all of the class's best tools are supposed to be time commitments. That would be fine if it was a push-your-luck mechanic but half credit isn't worth much on staves and nothing on brain burst.

I kinda like the charge times on psyker because it gives me a good reason to slide dodge all over the place, all the time. I do it so much more on that class than any other.

MuffinsAndPie
May 20, 2015

They should make brain burst like sunder mind from Caves of Qud specifically

Damn Dirty Ape
Jan 23, 2015

I love you Dr. Zaius

Another way to temporarily make the Psycher better is just to remove like 20 guns from its loot pool. I just can't be bothered to log in my 30 psycher and sort through a dozen autoguns for every staff I see.

big cummers ONLY
Jul 17, 2005

I made a series of bad investments. Tarantula farm. The bottom fell out of the market.

I got a Ripper Mk V with perfect 380 stats, 80 in all four stats you want, but I think this gun might just be dogshit because I am reloading too much for how little this thing is helping me. How do I use the ripper correctly? Seems like every time I use it, it would be better to have been using a Rumbler or my melee.

juggalo baby coffin
Dec 2, 2007

How would the dog wear goggles and even more than that, who makes the goggles?

I upgraded my favorite Antax axe and got loving Limbsplitter, god drat it. WTB undo button.

what the weapon whose gimmick is always oneshotting small stuff needed was something that makes it better at oneshotting (but not enough for big boys) and worse at literally everything else

big cummers ONLY posted:

I got a Ripper Mk V with perfect 380 stats, 80 in all four stats you want, but I think this gun might just be dogshit because I am reloading too much for how little this thing is helping me. How do I use the ripper correctly? Seems like every time I use it, it would be better to have been using a Rumbler or my melee.

i also have a perfect 380 rippergun mk v w the continuous fire buff trait and bleed on critical hits and it is still bad as far as i can tell so you are not alone

Cease to Hope
Dec 12, 2011

big cummers ONLY posted:

afaict by not using the V. except for a couple good or funny blessings, rolls can't make a bad weapon good

S.J.
May 19, 2008

Just who the hell do you think we are?

juggalo baby coffin posted:

what the weapon whose gimmick is always oneshotting small stuff needed was something that makes it better at oneshotting (but not enough for big boys) and worse at literally everything else

i also have a perfect 380 rippergun mk v w the continuous fire buff trait and bleed on critical hits and it is still bad as far as i can tell so you are not alone

The MkV is loving trash, yeah.

Vargs
Mar 27, 2010

I hate every Ogryn gun that isn't the Rumbler. The kickback is probably the single worst weapon in the game. The automatics have an effective range slightly longer than melee, chew through ammo, and take forever to reload. The grenade gauntlet at least functions in its role but is so incredibly poo poo at it compared to guns that serve that same role on other classes. Only the rumbler does something unique/valuable and does it fairly well.

Internet Explorer
Jun 1, 2005

I can't disagree more. The grenade gauntlet is amazing.

S.J.
May 19, 2008

The kickback and the Ripper Mk V are the only genuinely bad Ogryn guns. The others are great.

Kith
Sep 17, 2009

You never learn anything
by doing it right.

If the Kickback reloaded twice as fast as it does, it'd be good. Or if it could get a "reload while stowed" perk.

big cummers ONLY
Jul 17, 2005

I made a series of bad investments. Tarantula farm. The bottom fell out of the market.

I also got a 380 rumbler, imperfect stat distribution but the more I play, the less I think that's going to matter much. What perks/ blessings do people like on this thing?

Pharmaskittle
Dec 17, 2007

arf arf put the money in the fuckin bag

Played a couple rounds of heresy for the first time with pubbies the other night, went fine. Felt like I was doing a slightly disproportionate amount of the work, but that's ogryn life baby

Chillgamesh
Jul 29, 2014

I just no-reg'd Volley Fire

My vet yelled KILLSHOT DRILLS ENGAGED and the fwoosh sfx of activating the skill played but it didn't actually trigger and I had to hit the button again

Jerkface
May 21, 2001

HOW DOES IT FEEL TO BE DEAD, MOTHERFUCKER?

The rumbler and the heavy stubber are great i go back and forth on them while leveling.

The heavy stubber FUCKS its so cool

Khizan
Jul 30, 2013

I am continually underwhelmed by this thing. To nail a special with it you have to pull it out and wait for that to finish, then you have to hold right click to turn it into a ranged weapon and wait for it to be ready to fire, and then you can finally pull the trigger on something, except by then you don’t need to do it anymore because the veteran has already dropped them with their Kantrael XII, so you pull out your knife again.

IMO the gauntlet mostly just lets an ogryn do a mediocre job of potting specials that shouldn’t actually be their responsibility in the first place.

terrorist ambulance
Nov 5, 2009
Nah it's quick to draw and fire, accurate, and can knock down anything other than a monstrosity. It's good op

Jerkface
May 21, 2001

HOW DOES IT FEEL TO BE DEAD, MOTHERFUCKER?

The grenade gauntlet is dumb because i thought it was the ogryn punching a bad guy with a live grenade that explodes but instead it's just a weird knife glove that shoots grenades

Mzbundifund
Nov 5, 2011

I'm afraid so.

Jerkface posted:

The grenade gauntlet is dumb because i thought it was the ogryn punching a bad guy with a live grenade that explodes but instead it's just a weird knife glove that shoots grenades

Try the special attack.

S.J.
May 19, 2008

Khizan posted:

I am continually underwhelmed by this thing. To nail a special with it you have to pull it out and wait for that to finish, then you have to hold right click to turn it into a ranged weapon and wait for it to be ready to fire, and then you can finally pull the trigger on something, except by then you don’t need to do it anymore because the veteran has already dropped them with their Kantrael XII, so you pull out your knife again.

IMO the gauntlet mostly just lets an ogryn do a mediocre job of potting specials that shouldn’t actually be their responsibility in the first place.

There's almost no delay between taking it out and firing it, you don't have to actually wait to just hold right click and nail something.

Cease to Hope
Dec 12, 2011

Jerkface posted:

it does do that but unfortunately the punch explosion attack is slow as gently caress and does worse damage than shooting most of the time

Valtonen
May 13, 2014

Tanks still suck but you don't gotta hand it to the Axis either.
The grenade gauntlet is the most ogryn weapon.

Fire 1: punch.
Fire 2: shoot a grenade.
Fire 3? punch AND shoot a grenade at what you just punched. When in doubt, do both.

big cummers ONLY
Jul 17, 2005

Been trying to level my psyker in Malice and it's not going well! There seems to be an inverse level of skill compared to how many cash shop items someone is wearing. Which means Fatshark is probably making a ton of cash off that cash shop.

Damn Dirty Ape
Jan 23, 2015

I love you Dr. Zaius

My malice experience lately has been my party instantly scattering in every direction even when there are no grims or scrips to be found. I've also had quite a few battle-psychers who insist on charging ahead of everyone and meleeing everything.

Oh and one of my last groups had an entire group full of 'extraction point heroes' standing outside of the ship just blasting away rather than getting in and ending the loving mission.

Internet Explorer
Jun 1, 2005

Making the crafting grind suck and then spreading out the ingredients all over the map was a poor decision, that's for sure.

DAD LOST MY IPOD
Feb 3, 2012

Fats Dominar is on the case

Valtonen posted:

The grenade gauntlet is the most ogryn weapon.

Fire 1: punch.
Fire 2: shoot a grenade.
Fire 3? punch AND shoot a grenade at what you just punched. When in doubt, do both.

true, but it's very hard to give up the heavy stubber mostly because when you let it rip on a Crusher or Mauler it sounds like someone threw a bag of pennies in a washing machine

skaianDestiny
Jan 13, 2017

beep boop

Making the crafting grind suck and then spreading out the ingredients all over the map was a poor decision, that's for sure.

TBH I just want Heresy and Damnation to have notably higher plasteel counts. As it stands they have barely higher plasteel than Malice. Having twice as much plasteel as payout than now (where you get roughly 180-200 plasteel if you scour everything) is a good start.

Internet Explorer
Jun 1, 2005

Case in point, the dude who was just a good 45 second run from our group, gets jumped on by a hound, then his only reaction is to key up in voice with a disappointed "you guys didn't loot everything back here." After we wiped from that "before your next match make sure to loot everything before you go on."

lol

Ra Ra Rasputin
Apr 2, 2011

Typical Pubbie posted:

Because the thread kept singing its praises, I've been playing with the revolver on my zealot, and I think I get it now. It can pop weaker enemies, but to make the weapon work you have to use its stagger as pocket CC. Knock a tough enemy on its rear end and then combo into melee. Save your bullets.

With the revolver swapping so fast I'm theorizing that a macro to press 2 > left click > 1 to get off a shot and swap back to your melee instantly could be useful.

I recently tried some runs with the bolter on zealot with how much everyone praises it, absolutely hated it, wildly inaccurate, takes more shots than you'd expect to snipe things and it takes so long to take out that your toughness buff from bleeding enemies will disappear and in the time it takes to equip I could of just ran over and stabbed the guy.
I much preferred the shotgun over bolter, it wasn't as killy but it comes out quickly and has so much stagger you can use it to knock down a poxburster leaping at you instead of shoving it or just as a quick interrupt for something potentially deadly outside of stab range.

Improbable Lobster
Jan 6, 2012

"From each according to his ability" said Ares. It sounded like a quotation.
Buglord

It's like an exploding sniper rifle

mllaneza
Apr 28, 2007

Veteran, Bermuda Triangle Expeditionary Force, 1993-1952

Ra Ra Rasputin posted:

I recently tried some runs with the bolter on zealot with how much everyone praises it, absolutely hated it, wildly inaccurate, takes more shots than you'd expect to snipe things and it takes so long to take out that your toughness buff from bleeding enemies will disappear and in the time it takes to equip I could of just ran over and stabbed the guy.

Try a better bolter, mine is accurate enough that I can hit any target I can see.

Kokoro Wish
Jul 23, 2007

Post? What post? Oh wow.
I had nothing to do with THAT.
Another thing with the Grenade Gauntlet is that even the uncharged melee strikes it does count as Heavy Attacks that come out at Light Attack speeds, which trigger one of the two of the Ogryn's toughness recharge Feats if you use them.

kazr
Jan 28, 2005

Kokoro Wish posted:

Another thing with the Grenade Gauntlet is that even the uncharged melee strikes it does count as Heavy Attacks that come out at Light Attack speeds, which trigger one of the two of the Ogryn's toughness recharge Feats if you use them.

Rumbler is the same. Applies the bleed talent as well

Cease to Hope
Dec 12, 2011

Kokoro Wish posted:

i don't think this is true, although i guess i could test it more. they don't trigger the bleeds for the second tier feat.

kazr posted:

Rumbler is the same. Applies the bleed talent as well

movespecial on all ranged weapons triggers the bleed feat and the first-tier feat though. for the grenade gauntlet's movespecial, it's triggered by the punch but not the explosion.

kazr
Jan 28, 2005

Ruh roh

Grognan
Jan 23, 2007

by Fluffdaddy

big cummers ONLY posted:

I also got a 380 rumbler, imperfect stat distribution but the more I play, the less I think that's going to matter much. What perks/ blessings do people like on this thing?

the one that sticks nades to monstrosities is nice

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Ra Ra Rasputin
Apr 2, 2011

mllaneza posted:

Try a better bolter, mine is accurate enough that I can hit any target I can see.

Is there much better than this?