Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

IUG
Jul 14, 2007

That channel and videos have no views. Is this your account or something?

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Poo In An Alleyway
Feb 12, 2016

IUG posted:

That channel and videos have no views. Is this your account or something?

No, the YouTube algorithm vomited up one of his AC videos today, I guess because I've already watched pretty much every other Animal Crossing channel, and I ended up going down a rabbit hole of watching him play the game in the most bizarre way.

Poo In An Alleyway
Feb 12, 2016

TheWorldsaStage
Sep 10, 2020

drat right Dotty

Tender Bender
Sep 17, 2004

I logged in to pick up some New Years stuff and... They didn't even put in a 2023 arch :effort: . Really a shame how quickly they dropped support for this, especially with how well it sold.

Rageaholic
May 31, 2005

Old Town Road to EGOT

I'm still gonna be spending New Year's Eve with my animal buddies and doing the countdown in Animal Crossing for like the 3rd year in a row :shobon: It's not like I have any other plans.

Blackbelt Bobman
Jul 17, 2004

I don't need friends! I've been
manipulatin' you since the start!
All so I can something,
something X-Blade!

Tender Bender posted:

I logged in to pick up some New Years stuff and... They didn't even put in a 2023 arch :effort: . Really a shame how quickly they dropped support for this, especially with how well it sold.

Eh they supported it for two years including large paid DLC, seems pretty usual for console games these days. They only had plans for one year originally but added the second year & paid DLC due to the success. (and COVID causing them not to be able to implement features as quickly as they wanted)

effika
Jun 19, 2005
Birds do not want you to know any more than you already do.
Yeah, it was disappointing they didn't knock out a few more arches. Might make some custom panels.

Spellman
May 31, 2011

I just wish they followed their own model from New Leaf, & also Splatoon 2, and continued with minor updates and events—even a few weeks ago they gave us back our Splatfest T with Ability Doubler and it can be other ink colors :shittypop:

Poo In An Alleyway
Feb 12, 2016

Rageaholic posted:

I'm still gonna be spending New Year's Eve with my animal buddies and doing the countdown in Animal Crossing for like the 3rd year in a row :shobon: It's not like I have any other plans.

Same. I did TT ahead by an hour so I can celebrate midnight in the game then celebrate midnight IRL with goonhusband though

GATOS Y VATOS
Aug 22, 2002

Tender Bender posted:

Awww I was hoping for a new arch- I haven't played in months but the New Years celebration has become a thing for me. :sigh:

Well I might log in to see how overgrown everything is anyway.

edit: what is interesting though is that they set up 12 years of Lunar New Year's animal figures.

Eiba
Jul 26, 2007

GATOS Y VATOS posted:

edit: what is interesting though is that they set up 12 years of Lunar New Year's animal figures.
Those are very rare drops from Katrina's luck purification ritual. So technically they didn't put anything in the game you couldn't access before they abandoned it a year ago.

I'm sad they couldn't at least put extra numbers in too! It's normal for a game to be produced and then it just exists, but Animal Crossing isn't just a game, it's a little world you live in! It needs new life every now and then.

Oh well. At least it's not the microtransaction hell of pocket camp. I wish there were a middle ground though.

B33rChiller
Aug 18, 2011

Hell I'm excited. I've only been playing since just before Halloween, with my 5yo daughter, and she set her character birthday for Jan1, so we're going to have some fun tonight and see what happens tomorrow too.

effika
Jun 19, 2005
Stay up or set the clock ahead to close to midnight. It's fun!

Tender Bender
Sep 17, 2004

Blackbelt Bobman posted:

Eh they supported it for two years including large paid DLC, seems pretty usual for console games these days. They only had plans for one year originally but added the second year & paid DLC due to the success. (and COVID causing them not to be able to implement features as quickly as they wanted)

Technically the last update was about a year and a half after the game launched. And there's still a bunch of furniture missing that was in the 3ds game, as well as stuff like store upgrades and other things that seemed like they'd be on their way but just... Wasn't.

Animal Crossing is one of those series where it's supposed to feel alive for a LONG time, and they pay it forward by building that goodwill with players so the next console entry people buy in on the strength of the series reputation.

effika posted:

Stay up or set the clock ahead to close to midnight. It's fun!

Yeah it's super cute. Due to being shut in because of COVID my girlfriend and I celebrated New Years 2020 on the island and it's genuinely one of my favorite memories from that year.

Tender Bender fucked around with this message at 09:21 on Jan 1, 2023

Chieves
Sep 20, 2010

I also feel like we wouldn't quite be at this point of "game's dead and over with" had it not been released right as COVID hit. That was among the most perfect storms I've ever seen for a game launch, and I don't see how any company could keep up with the absolute avalanche of hours people put into the game early 2020.

TheWorldsaStage
Sep 10, 2020

I want all the furniture that's in the mobile game. Maybe in the next console installment

Morter
Jul 1, 2006

:ninja:
Gift for the grind, criminal mind shifty

Swift with the 9 through a 59FIFTY
Brewster wishing me a Happy New Year is very sweet. :shobon:

Poo In An Alleyway
Feb 12, 2016

Morter posted:

Brewster wishing me a Happy New Year is very sweet. :shobon:

I’m gonna have to get his amiibo so I can make him a nice vacation house

Nessa
Dec 15, 2008

TheWorldsaStage posted:

I want all the furniture that's in the mobile game. Maybe in the next console installment

I just looked up the furniture in the mobile game, and wow, there’s a lot of it that I’d want in New Horizons. So many cute bookcases! We have so little in the way of bookcases.

Echo Chamber
Oct 16, 2008

best username/post combo

Nessa posted:

I just looked up the furniture in the mobile game, and wow, there’s a lot of it that I’d want in New Horizons. So many cute bookcases! We have so little in the way of bookcases.
I just want the dryer.

DEEP STATE PLOT
Aug 13, 2008

Yes...Ha ha ha...YES!

i started playing this again after being randomly recommended a new horizons video on youtube. i've decided to totally revamp my town in a totally different direction that what i was originally trying to do, as i stopped playing before due to being totally dissatisfied with how my ideas were shaking out. i'm already liking my new ideas way more than what i was trying to do before and will post some pictures here when it is done (which will be...a while)

if anyone else is either coming back or is still active and wants to hang out some time, my info is in the friend code database in the op.

Poo In An Alleyway
Feb 12, 2016

DEEP STATE PLOT posted:

i started playing this again after being randomly recommended a new horizons video on youtube. i've decided to totally revamp my town in a totally different direction that what i was originally trying to do, as i stopped playing before due to being totally dissatisfied with how my ideas were shaking out. i'm already liking my new ideas way more than what i was trying to do before and will post some pictures here when it is done (which will be...a while)

if anyone else is either coming back or is still active and wants to hang out some time, my info is in the friend code database in the op.

I love seeing players coming back to the game after a long absence. I on the other hand never left and have accrued an amount of Bells that is far too much for one player to spend if you'd like some free money

Morter
Jul 1, 2006

Poo In An Alleyway posted:

I love seeing players coming back to the game after a long absence. I on the other hand never left and have accrued an amount of Bells that is far too much for one player to spend if you'd like some free money

I'll take a cool mill because I keep trying to keep myself at 15m and i keep hovering at 14.8k because something cool and 6 figures shows up.

Like yeah, I could just sell a lot of produce/food but...it takes time I don't have. :negative:

Echo Chamber
Oct 16, 2008

best username/post combo
While most of the activity on the Raccoon Goons discord server is for non-ACNH activity at this point, there's still definitely regular players like me on there.

Echo Chamber fucked around with this message at 01:35 on Jan 6, 2023

Eiba
Jul 26, 2007

I've been playing since launch and I still don't have messy bed hair. I just can't stay away for long enough.

I really want messy hair, but I refuse to time travel!

Morter
Jul 1, 2006

Wintertime Fishing Tourney today

Poo In An Alleyway
Feb 12, 2016

Morter posted:

Wintertime Fishing Tourney today

I just ignored CJ and went about my business laughing at my villagers persistently failing to catch fish

HaB
Jan 5, 2001

What are the odds?
So the Purple Creep is around 80% coverage now.

I think I am running into some issues with how the game spawns things now. It's clear that Rocks, the Money spot, and anything that drops from a tree spawn before flowers do. So I would have a tree that only needed one more Purple spawn to be removed, but it would drop a twig there instead. I solved the tree drops by laying 8 sticks around one of my coconut trees and I haven't seen any spawn since. Rocks are more annoying than anything else, because it's difficult to get them to spawn where you want them. I have a single spot I grow money trees in, since literally the only thing I buy is watering cans and the occasional shovel, so I usually just leave the spot where it is until the day I harvest the tree, then I replant in that same spot.

The biggest problem is: I only have a handful of non-purple flowers left on the island in general (maybe 30-40?), almost all Windflowers, because IIRC, they were my native flower. But it seems like the game might be trying to "even out" how many flowers of each color spawn, because the day after precipitation, I get almost exclusively NON-purple spawns.

I have been playing close attention over the last 4 post-precipitation days, and in all but 1, I didn't get a single Purple spawn, while getting 8-10 others. For the 1, I got a single Purple spawn and 8-10 others.

Does anyone know if I am just having bad RNG or if the flowers DO try to even out colors somehow?

Poo In An Alleyway
Feb 12, 2016

I feel like it's been brought up in the thread before (possibly by me) but there's a YouTube animator named Densle who's been making these amazing ACNH 3D animated videos with a running plot about a player who mercilessly abuses his villagers until they begin fighting back. Today's the premiere of the final part of the story for now, that we know of. Here's the playlist of the entire series so far, I highly recommend watching them all as, including the upcoming video which will run to almost 30 minutes, it's basically a cinematic-length story.

https://www.youtube.com/playlist?list=PLxQhSYU39PpJWgM5qC2Eo2gBOXDyNpCTn

IUG
Jul 14, 2007

I feel like it's been brought up in the thread before (possibly by me) but there's a YouTube animator named Densle who's been making these amazing ACNH 3D animated videos with a running plot about a player who mercilessly abuses his villagers until they begin fighting back. Today's the premiere of the final part of the story for now, that we know of. Here's the playlist of the entire series so far, I highly recommend watching them all as, including the upcoming video which will run to almost 30 minutes, it's basically a cinematic-length story.

https://www.youtube.com/playlist?list=PLxQhSYU39PpJWgM5qC2Eo2gBOXDyNpCTn

I finally got to finish this, and it ruled. Thanks for sharing.

gregday
May 23, 2003

Who’ll hang a noose on the goose-stepping goons from Berlin?

The Star-Spangled Man with a Plan!

Poo In An Alleyway
Feb 12, 2016

gregday posted:

Who’ll hang a noose on the goose-stepping goons from Berlin?

The Star-Spangled Man with a Plan!

He truly is America's rear end

Maximum Tomfoolery
Apr 12, 2010

Started New Horizons about two weeks ago, somehow got three penguins already, so I guess that's what this island is all about now.

Turnip prices are likely to spike tomorrow (Wednesday) morning (CST); if anyone still plays this game and wants in, check the Raccoon Goons Discord.

Improbable Lobster
Jan 6, 2012

"From each according to his ability" said Ares. It sounded like a quotation.
Buglord
I gotta play more, pretty up my island

Morter
Jul 1, 2006

Occasionally I hop in a couple times a month to check out the Able Sisters and fish. Fishing is relaxing and nice, compared to most other games (Stardew Valley's energy bar and time limits :argh: ). I don't do much else. I have everyone's photo and I'm swimming in bells. It's truly the resort/relaxation it marketed itself to be (in universe).

Turbinosamente
May 29, 2013

Lights on, Lights off

Morter posted:

Occasionally I hop in a couple times a month to check out the Able Sisters and fish. Fishing is relaxing and nice, compared to most other games (Stardew Valley's energy bar and time limits :argh: ). I don't do much else. I have everyone's photo and I'm swimming in bells. It's truly the resort/relaxation it marketed itself to be (in universe).

Yeah I also can't get into Stardew or Rune Factory but I love me some Animal Crossing. I just popped back into nh since my boyfriend got back into it as well. He rerolled his island though.

B33rChiller
Aug 18, 2011

I'm slowly plunking away at building up something, but keep getting distracted by going fishing. That was my favourite part of new leaf. Coming back from the island with 150k worth of sharks each night.
I'm really late to the party, but having fun just chilling, catching bugs, playing dressup with my daughter. Feel like I shouldn't rush through building stuff up.

effika
Jun 19, 2005
I log in trying to get my last DIYs, but mostly it's to try on outfits. I love that part.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Poo In An Alleyway
Feb 12, 2016

Still tipping away at my island almost 3 years in. I very recently started revamping several large chunks of the island due to some serious frame drops in certain spots that were worse during golden hour for some reason.