Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Mordiceius
Nov 10, 2007

If you think calling me names is gonna get a rise out me, think again. I like my life as an idiot!

Arist posted:

think you posted this in the wrong thread, champ

Goddamnit. That's what I get for doing distracted stoned posting.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Crackerjack
Nov 7, 2004
crackalackin

Slippery Tilde
Fashion report: The New Year's outfit is the bee's knees/10. The jacket looks especially nice when dyed and--Oh poo poo..! Is that... Nashu Mhakaracca, the best character in the game, standing right behind me?

Thundarr
Dec 24, 2002

The downside of the armor is that many of the past year's helmets don't match it very well, even when dyed! Oh well, at least the armor looks great on it's own.

Dareon
Apr 6, 2009

by vyelkin

It is very easy to trip over namazu at my height.

goblin week
Jan 26, 2019

Absolute clown.

someone get this poor man a fantasia holy poo poo

FuturePastNow
May 19, 2014

Year of the bnuuy

https://twitter.com/Nova_Crystallis/status/1609348585484689408

TheWorldsaStage
Sep 10, 2020

Thundarr posted:

Lol that "now is a good time to find a new home" is one of the fortune results.

Good luck to housing hunters in 6.3.

Thank you :unsmith:

Mordiceius posted:

Goddamnit. That's what I get for doing distracted stoned posting.

You should see my post edit count when I'm stoned posting

Wrestlepig
Feb 25, 2011

my mum says im cool

Toilet Rascal

new set is good

Dareon
Apr 6, 2009

by vyelkin

Wrestlepig posted:

new set is good

Because nothing says "grace and elegance" like a Roegadyn in full o-yoroi and a ridiculous hat.

Kerrzhe
Nov 5, 2008

happy new year everyone!! let's see my fortu---

oh dear :ohdear:

TheWorldsaStage
Sep 10, 2020

Kerrzhe posted:

happy new year everyone!! let's see my fortu---

oh dear :ohdear:

You're doing better than me! Severe misfortune or some poo poo lol

jjac
Jun 12, 2007

What time is it?!

Stunned and in shambles long enough for the expression to reset

hopeandjoy
Nov 28, 2014

Idk guys have you just tried getting good? :smugdog:

Twibbit
Mar 7, 2013

Is your refrigerator running?

hopeandjoy posted:

Idk guys have you just tried getting good? :smugdog:

Try better

biceps crimes
Apr 12, 2008

FuturePastNow
May 19, 2014

First try :smuggo:

Zeruel
Mar 27, 2010

Alert: bad post spotted.
You are like little baby, watch:

W.T. Fits
Apr 21, 2010

Ready to Poyozo Dance all over your face.
https://twitter.com/WT_Fits/status/1609391492514152448?t=QfTscnSwYJ1h1EsTGpOS3Q&s=19

Cleretic
Feb 3, 2010

Ignore my posts!
I'm aggressively wrong about everything!

I think the gist of mine is 'be patient, but that doesn't mean good poo poo's gonna happen'.

Dareon
Apr 6, 2009

by vyelkin

Cleretic posted:

I think the gist of mine is 'be patient, but that doesn't mean good poo poo's gonna happen'.

"Expect long queue times"

Onean
Feb 11, 2010

Maiden in white...
You are not one of us.
I'm surprised at just how many options there are for the categories. I shouldn't be, because that's the point of these kinds of things and the CBU3 team are usually pretty good at delivering a suitably dense amount when it comes to things like this (I'm particularly remembering the letters in a bottle from the anniversary event the first year I started playing), but it's still nice to see.

I wonder how they pair up between JP and the other languages. Are they largely translations, or did each localization team have to write their own?

Yapping Eevee
Nov 12, 2011

STAND TOGETHER.
FIGHT WITH HONOR.
RESTORE BALANCE.

Eevees play for free.

I took this fortune as "forget the Cactpot, go outwit the pubbies in Frontline".

And so I did.

Antivehicular
Dec 30, 2011

I wanna sing one for the cars
That are right now headed silent down the highway
And it's dark and there is nobody driving And something has got to give

Cleretic posted:

"give the ERP venues a rest for a while, boss"

Sanguinia
Jan 1, 2012

~Everybody wants to be a cat~
~Because a cat's the only cat~
~Who knows where its at~

Happy New Year from the world of the Stormblood LP!

Ziddar
Jul 24, 2003

Time Travel: Not Even Once

okay maybe a few times

How do you do, fellow samurai?

Also, my last map dungeon of the year has brought a new strange friend.

GloomMouse
Mar 6, 2007

Year of the Peacock Dragon Goat Horse Bird

Vitamean
May 31, 2012

ok i pull up

IthilionTheBrave
Sep 5, 2013
Just gonna interrupt all the fortunes talk to say that holy crap people weren't kidding about Bozja. That's fast XP, poetics, and it all feels fairly frantic except for occasional lulls in the skirmishes. I both love and somehow slightly dislike it.

DACK FAYDEN
Feb 25, 2013

Bear Witness

IthilionTheBrave posted:

Just gonna interrupt all the fortunes talk to say that holy crap people weren't kidding about Bozja. That's fast XP, poetics, and it all feels fairly frantic except for occasional lulls in the skirmishes. I both love and somehow slightly dislike it.
yeah, it's both the fastest xp 71-90 and a way to cap poetics almost faster than anything else (unless you're harvesting new player bonuses I think it's #1)

Regalingualius
Jan 7, 2012

We gazed into the eyes of madness... And all we found was horny.

IDK, I think joining the Centurio Hunts discord and realm-hopping to kill S-ranks and A-rank trains might be the fastest method, but it’s admittedly not as consistent.

Tamba
Apr 5, 2010

Guess we're not clearing P8S tonight

Onean
Feb 11, 2010

Maiden in white...
You are not one of us.
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=b22FOdWvuYw

Dragongem
Nov 9, 2009

Heroes of the Storm
Goon Tournament Champion

After 392 frontlines, I have found the perfect frontline that can never be topped. I'm dying at the fact that I had 16 kills and I was fifth place on my team.

Dragongem fucked around with this message at 18:46 on Jan 1, 2023

Thundarr
Dec 24, 2002

Dragongem posted:

After 400+ frontlines, I have found the perfect frontline that can never be topped. I'm dying at the fact that I had 16 kills and I was fifth place on my team.

That astro was wildin out, jfc

SirPhoebos
Dec 10, 2007

WELL THAT JUST HAPPENED!

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=KOaeDHeJ80I

Mainwaring
Jun 22, 2007

Disco is not dead! Disco is LIFE!

Dragongem posted:

After 392 frontlines, I have found the perfect frontline that can never be topped. I'm dying at the fact that I had 16 kills and I was fifth place on my team.

Holy poo poo, be careful about posting that or you could wind up in The Hague

Martman
Nov 20, 2006
Probation
Can't post for 45 minutes!
It's impressive that still took 14 minutes. I imagine both of the enemy teams were just pushing your base right from the start and never stopped?

biceps crimes
Apr 12, 2008

i just started doing frontlines roulette for leveling up and i feel like i'm in a zerg rush and am mashing buttons. i play objectives and follow along but the combat is ehh. any recommendations for guides or anything on how to git gud?

Thundarr
Dec 24, 2002

biceps crimes posted:

i just started doing frontlines roulette for leveling up and i feel like i'm in a zerg rush and am mashing buttons. i play objectives and follow along but the combat is ehh. any recommendations for guides or anything on how to git gud?

Always keep an eye on the map so you can pinch enemy teams or avoid pinches, as well as get a head start on moving to objectives. Knowing when to press an attack and when to retreat can only really come from experience though.

Battle High is a *huge* buff, so getting it early and keeping it can make a real difference. Especially if a few other people on your team also get it and stick together as a mini murderball. Just be careful not to get too greedy and lose it by overextending yourself and getting swarmed.

If nobody is using /a to try to herd your team, feel free to give it a shot. Even if you are just calling out nearby objectives or saying "mid in 30 seconds" or whatever, it'll probably improve your team's performance over dead silence.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

SuperKlaus
Oct 20, 2005

Fun Shoe

Dareon posted:

Because nothing says "grace and elegance" like a Roegadyn in full o-yoroi and a ridiculous hat.

Well the hat is the hat but I think the new set could work well for a Tale of Genji dancer. Genji was beautiful and danced a-plenty. I meant to do such a glam earlier but didn't see proper beautiful flowing robes for DNC like you can get on casters. So, armor it is.