Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Inceltown
Aug 6, 2019

Shout out to the secret for 0 total healing in classic. MVP was the engage blessing that gave me stupid amounts of shielding.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Razakai
Sep 15, 2007

People are afraid
To merge on the freeway
Disappear here
Yknoe what I would pay money for? Inbuilt mod tools for making your own classes/monsters etc. Just Lego together a class out of numbers and keywords.

Tann
Apr 1, 2009

Razakai posted:

Yknoe what I would pay money for? Inbuilt mod tools for making your own classes/monsters etc. Just Lego together a class out of numbers and keywords.

This is actually coming next update, but maybe not how you expect/want!
`statue-p=aaa:2a2:20-i=seedling-i=terrarium-n=moss`

Tunicate
May 15, 2012

My brother bounced off the free tutorial super hard, might be good to have a little handholding to explain "what the sides do and why i would want to reroll them"

Rookoo
Jul 24, 2007
If I get the choice to upgrade between two heroes, i.e. Cultist>Glacia & Student>Jester and don't, for example, want a Glacia on my team, will upgrading the student instead reroll the upgrade for the Cultist the next time it comes around, or is it stuck to Glacia?

Angry Diplomat
Nov 7, 2009

Winner of the TSR Memorial Award for Excellence In Grogging
It's totally random each time.

Sacrificial Toast
Nov 5, 2009

In most modes, you're guaranteed to never see the same upgrade option again. I think Custom Party mode is the only one that overrides it.

LifeLynx
Feb 27, 2001

Dang so this is like looking over his shoulder in real-time
Grimey Drawer
I had Hexia on 1 HP and poisoned, so she was going to die. I could have killed her with a Burst, but it would have killed one of my two remaining heroes with mana burn, so I hit end turn. She died - but not before summoning a demon that ended the run. Lesson learned, always take the shot!

While I'm here: tier list for starting blessings in Blursed mode?

silvergoose
Mar 18, 2006

IT IS SAID THE TEARS OF THE BWEENIX CAN HEAL ALL WOUNDS

S: Bolt, extra item slot

Razakai
Sep 15, 2007

People are afraid
To merge on the freeway
Disappear here
Fun tier: +1 item slots/level, +2 item level, so you can get cooler loot.

Angry Diplomat
Nov 7, 2009

Shrink is S-tier for sure, as is Weak Monsters. Anything that reduces the max hp of monsters is a huge boon. Archers et al being 1hp trash means you can slam Burn to wipe out the majority of some hallway fights

Skyl3lazer
Aug 27, 2007

[Dooting Stealthily]

I just wish I could share my save across devices (all android)

Tunicate
May 15, 2012

Anyone else feel like the inability to trigger pristine or engage makes +empty max hp more of a detriment than a benefit

Arzaac
Jan 2, 2020

Kinda but it mostly just means I avoid putting +empty max HP on heroes with pristine. I still like those items for any heroes that really need more HP (especially anyone with pain sides).

Tunicate
May 15, 2012

Arzaac posted:

Kinda but it mostly just means I avoid putting +empty max HP on heroes with pristine. I still like those items for any heroes that really need more HP (especially anyone with pain sides).

I'm thinking particularly of the blessings, where it's partywide and impossible to turn off

Arzaac
Jan 2, 2020

Oh, yeah, thats fair, it ends up being pretty awkward.

Better than hero rite, at least. :v:

Inceltown
Aug 6, 2019

Is there a list of secrets anywhere? I've got 16 and wondering just how many I've missed.

Angry Diplomat
Nov 7, 2009

Losing easy access to Pristine is a pain but those blessings usually come with pretty huge upsides. +x to incoming heals is loving nuts with Vine, Salve, or any of the mass-heal spells. It's pretty beastly with Regen too, letting you easily overpower most poison effects.

Dr. Stab
Sep 12, 2010
👨🏻‍⚕️🩺🔪🙀😱🙀

Inceltown posted:

Is there a list of secrets anywhere? I've got 16 and wondering just how many I've missed.

IIRC there's around 45.

Onmi
Jul 12, 2013

If someone says it one more time I'm having Florina show up as a corpse. I'm not even kidding, I was pissed off with people doing that shit back in 2010, and I'm not dealing with it now in 2016.
Anyone got a tip on the 35 turn achievement? I cannot seem to manage it.

Tunicate
May 15, 2012

Onmi posted:

Custom easy, start with 3 cultists, 1 mage, 1 student. Prioritize dps over everything else.

Dr. Stab
Sep 12, 2010
👨🏻‍⚕️🩺🔪🙀😱🙀

Tunicate posted:

Custom easy, start with 3 cultists, 1 mage, 1 student. Prioritize dps over everything else.

That achievement is for classic mode.

Junpei
Oct 4, 2015
Probation
Can't post for 11 years!
Heaven Mode really helps.

Inceltown
Aug 6, 2019

Heaven mode is the only way I would have tried for the 30 or 25 ones. Even 35 on easy was a tight game. If you want to get it on easy then it's just a matter of plugging away until you get some good blessings that synch up with your heavy dps team. All these easy turn things boil down to "I don't need to live, they need to die" and build your team accordingly.

Tunicate
May 15, 2012

Dr. Stab posted:

That achievement is for classic mode.

oooh right. lemme see if I can find my classic winner in the history

Tunicate posted:

well, managed 32-turns on easy classic. Essence thief / essence capture / boss smash for blessings, sandstorm+++ for curses (damage at the end of the second turn doesn't matter if you win first)

biggest luck was avoiding slates, basalt, and the slime queen - there just isn't enough DPS to be able to beat them

yeah it's just go full glass cannon

kill yourself and others repeatedly for max power

Tunicate fucked around with this message at 05:28 on Jan 1, 2023

CraigSlice
Sep 23, 2005
: )
How you unlock heaven mode?

Dr. Stab
Sep 12, 2010
👨🏻‍⚕️🩺🔪🙀😱🙀

CraigSlice posted:

How you unlock heaven mode?

Beat brutal in any mode.

Duderclese
Aug 30, 2003
I'm the gay younger brother of UnkleBoB and Buddha Stalin

Onmi posted:

I accidentally got it on my first hard win. As everyone else had said the key is prioritizing alpha striking. Burn them into the ground and you don't need a turn two.

Onmi
Jul 12, 2013

If someone says it one more time I'm having Florina show up as a corpse. I'm not even kidding, I was pissed off with people doing that shit back in 2010, and I'm not dealing with it now in 2016.
I've managed to get to 20 on Hard like 4 times and just CANNOT clutch it out.

EDIT:

Man I do not like EITHER of these choices.

EDIT 2: Finally

Onmi fucked around with this message at 17:19 on Jan 1, 2023

New Leaf
Jul 24, 2013

Dragon Balls? Are they tasty?
Congrats Tann, you made Kotaku's "Amazing Games You Probably Missed in 2022". https://kotaku.com/2022-goty-underrated-hidden-gems-best-games-1849936105/slides/8

Hammer Bro.
Jul 7, 2007

THUNDERDOME LOSER

Nuh-uh! I found it like three days ago.

Congrats on the good game that people like enough for their wives to bellyache about it around the New Year's table.

Inceltown
Aug 6, 2019

Onmi posted:

I've managed to get to 20 on Hard like 4 times and just CANNOT clutch it out.

EDIT:

Man I do not like EITHER of these choices.

EDIT 2: Finally

I'd take the Stalwart here and try for stuff that helps with the shielding.

Tunicate
May 15, 2012

I'd say i reject t3 upgrades in about a third of my runs

Tunicate fucked around with this message at 03:49 on Jan 2, 2023

Angry Diplomat
Nov 7, 2009

Stalwart fuckin rules actually. Sure their damage utility is uhhh not great (one damage face and it knocks them out for a turn??) but their multi-target shielding and strong, reasonably reliable cleansing is loving incredible. If the rest of your party can dish out the damage you need, Stalwart will keep them alive to do it. I would even say they're better at it than Valkyrie when you're dealing with lots of multi-target attacks (Valk still reigns supreme at chumping massive single-target nukes though)

Fitzy Fitz
May 14, 2005

Stalwart has some great combos with items

Kuros
Sep 13, 2010

Oh look, the consequences of my prior actions are finally catching up to me.
Oh poo poo, there's a thread for this game. Wonderful!

I picked it up after seeing a streamer play it and I've really enjoyed the gameplay loop.

Half of Dracula
Oct 24, 2008

Perhaps the same could be
Armorer usually blows out any of the gray T3s for me

Skyl3lazer
Aug 27, 2007

[Dooting Stealthily]

Really? I find it to be generally weak.

Angry Diplomat
Nov 7, 2009

Armorer has extremely strong synergy with certain classes but is middling outside of that. It can be pretty solid endgame grey depending on what other heroes you have.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Onmi
Jul 12, 2013

Now it's time for Unfair and what is a 'good' set of curses?