Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Johnny Joestar
Oct 21, 2010

Don't shoot him?

ColdPie posted:

Less than twelve weeks left in 2022.

i feel like people are forgetting that the presentation said 'everything is going to be released within a year's time of this broadcast' and not 'everything is going to be released in 2022'

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Skrill.exe
Oct 3, 2007

"Bitcoin is a new financial concept entirely without precedent."

Johnny Joestar posted:

i feel like people are forgetting that the presentation said 'everything is going to be released within a year's time of this broadcast' and not 'everything is going to be released in 2022'

Followed by a brief pause and then, “but of course, that doesn’t include Silksong.”

Waltzing Along
Jun 14, 2008

There's only one
Human race
Many faces
Everybody belongs here

Johnny Joestar posted:

What about the poo poo shoes?

ColdPie
Jun 9, 2006

Johnny Joestar posted:

What? Really?

Oh no...

CAPT. Rainbowbeard
Apr 5, 2012

My incredible goodposting transcends time and space but still it cannot transform the xbone into a good console.
Lipstick Apathy

Bogart posted:

The promise.

HAS BEEN MADE

Cactus
Jun 24, 2006

Eight months to go.

Waltzing Along
Jun 14, 2008

There's only one
Human race
Many faces
Everybody belongs here

Cactus posted:

Eight months to go.

Until the delay announcement?

Toxic Fart Syndrome
Jul 2, 2006

*hits A-THREAD-5*

Only 3.6 Roentgoons per hour ... not great, not terrible.

...the meter only goes to 3.6...

Pork Pro
One of the fun things about getting older is that I have become extremely Zen about release dates. :smug:

...but I am also realizing that it might flip if I get old enough... :ohdear:

Mymla
Aug 12, 2010
Once I hit 70 I'm gonna spend most of my time writing angry letters to game devs about how they better release their game before I die.

RCarr
Dec 24, 2007

Time for a surprise New Year’s midnight drop

Waltzing Along
Jun 14, 2008

There's only one
Human race
Many faces
Everybody belongs here
Don't spoil the surprise.

On a serious note, I just hope it's actually finished when it comes out, unlike Sports Story which is a mess.

Bogart
Apr 12, 2010

by VideoGames
The promise has been made.

Cartoon Man
Jan 31, 2004

Nothing has changed you fools. Silksong release date: Bapanada!

Arrhythmia
Jul 22, 2011
It releases tomorrow.

Cactus
Jun 24, 2006

We'll be playing Hades 2 before we're playing Silksong. And then we won't need Silksong anymore.

Toxic Fart Syndrome
Jul 2, 2006

*hits A-THREAD-5*

Only 3.6 Roentgoons per hour ... not great, not terrible.

...the meter only goes to 3.6...

Pork Pro

Cactus posted:

We'll be playing Hades 2 before we're playing Silksong. And then we won't need Silksong anymore.

Mods!?!?

Cactus
Jun 24, 2006

Alright happy new year to everyone in this Silksong shitposting thread and may 2023 be the year of multiple amazing games to play.

GimmickMan
Dec 27, 2011

Steam says my most played game of 2022 was Hollow Knight, and that was just from the struggle of getting the final 4 achievements. I fear that if Silksong were to come out early in the year, I will simply not play anything else until 2024.

Argue
Sep 29, 2005

I represent the Philippines
In Silksong, I just got to the Elder Millipede but I can't figure out how to avoid his stupid thousand needles attack; I've tried dashing through it, and I've tried using Hornet's silkbind move, but the last dozen or so needles still gently caress me over. Anyone got any tips?

YggiDee
Sep 12, 2007

WASP CREW
If you parry only the shining needles they deflect into the wall, and you can apply silk to make a defensive net

(Also turn off super-archives, you're posting in the past :ssh:)

Wheeee
Mar 11, 2001

When a tree grows, it is soft and pliable. But when it's dry and hard, it dies.

Hardness and strength are death's companions. Flexibility and softness are the embodiment of life.

That which has become hard shall not triumph.

Cactus posted:

We'll be playing Hades 2 before we're playing Silksong. And then we won’t need Silksong anymore.

ban+30 this sick filth

Bogart
Apr 12, 2010

by VideoGames
Is it 2023 in Australia yet? I know they get an extra hour that's supposed to be used to reflect on their crimes, but I don't remember if that accounts for DST.

Feels Villeneuve
Oct 7, 2007

Setter is Better.
cant believe we're in the Year of Silksong, again

Ristolaz
Sep 29, 2005

By completely blowing off my BS you have passed the first trial
The game hasn't stopped giving. It hasnt started either but thats ok

guppy
Sep 21, 2004

sting like a byob
The pandemic will continue until Silksong is released

ilmucche
Mar 16, 2016

What did you say the strategy was?

Waltzing Along posted:

Don't spoil the surprise.

On a serious note, I just hope it's actually finished when it comes out, unlike Sports Story which is a mess.

Sports story is already out??

Cartoon Man
Jan 31, 2004

ilmucche posted:

Sports story is already out??

Yes but it’s busted and broken as all gently caress and not a fun game even if it wasn’t glitching out. Lemme go find the best post about it from the Nintendo thread that describes the experience.

Cartoon Man
Jan 31, 2004

Rotten Red Rod posted:

Edit: Got my refund from Nintendo, was surprisingly easy.

I've heard some people got refunds for Sports Story from the subreddit, and I'm working on getting one myself now. Putting aside bugs and performance issues, I just want to illustrate how stupidly designed this game is by detailing what you need to do before you ever play your first round of golf:

You start the game on a beach, which is a map that has no golf course.
Buy a Beach Sandy for Coach. You also need to buy a Sandy Wedge while you're here. The game does not tell you this.
Next you need to buy an orange juice for Coach. To do this you need to trade an orange token for an orange. To get an orange token you need to complete a punchcard by doing 3 golf challenges. To complete golf challenges you need to wander around and talk to the 3 people with crossed arrow quest icons over their heads. The game does not tell you this.
Once you trade for the orange, you need to take it to the juice bar. Which is in the middle of the water. The game does not tell you where it is, you need to wander aimlessly until you realize you can swim and then stumble across it.
Now you need to play volleyball for no reason at all. It lasts a very short time and you will lose horribly because you don't get any sort of tutorial or game explanation at all, and it controls like crap even if you do know how to do it.
Then suddenly pirates attack because lol random or something. Their cannon will knock loose the club stuck in the sand so you can pick it up. The game does not tell you this.
You're told to load and fire the cannon that's on the right side of the map (but only with the cannon ball that's right next to it, not the others. The game does not tell you this).
The pirates back down and compliment your golf skills even though you didn't do anything golf related to stop them, and ask you to join their crew. You don't because you have to check in at your hotel. I guess this is supposed to be funny but it's really undercooked.
Next you go to the mall and have to buy a putter and get your sports license. Both things are unnecessarily drawn out and not funny.
Finally, you go to Rustling Vale, which is an actual golf course. The clubhouse area is labyrinthine, confusing, and so full of assets the game chugs, sometimes even when you're trying to make a golf swing.
First you need to save a cat by going through a maze infested with bees. At the end of the maze, there's a duck and a frog. You need to throw the duck away because the frog is scared of the duck, and the frog is the cat's friend, and the cat won't move without you holding the frog. The game does not tell you any of this.
You get a cob loaf for saving the cat, which you exchange for an axe, and a quest to find a Pristine Wood Chip.
The lumberjacks think the pristine wood chip is in a bird house surrounded by bees. You need to pick up a piece of flint a bird drops, and give it to a lumberjack to light a bush on fire (the game does not tell you this, of course) so you can hit a flaming golf ball at the bird house to scare the bees. The birdhouse has a golden egg in it.
You also need to use the flaming bush to smoke out the beehive from the cat quest. The game does not tell you this. You then need to use the hive to scare away the yakuza member nearby.
You need to do a soccer challenge by talking to someone near the windmill, who just says "My ball went over the fence. But we can still have fun." For this challenge you are expected to use 3 pinecones as soccer balls and the iron gate to the north as a goal. The gate is not in view of the quest giver so it's hard to tell what it's even referring to, pine cones are not mentioned at all (you just have to walk into one by accident, which your character starts dribbling), it's the first time the soccer mechanics have come up, and it's possible to softlock by kicking the pinecones into spots you can't retrieve them from, and they don't reset when the challenge fails. Oh, and it's timed. (At least you can cheese it by using the same pine cone three times).

This is where I gave up. I checked on guides online and apparently I was pretty close to my first round of golf, but... Ugh, I just don't care anymore.

Humor is subjective and all, but I thought the rap battle was one of the funniest moments of that game. The absurdity of the existence of "golf hooligans" combined with the actually surprisingly well written raps on both sides had me busting up.

That said if you're at the pro tour, you've pretty much already hit the best moments of the game, and you can put it aside now if you're really not enjoying it.

And then there’s this:

https://twitter.com/David_Strathdee/status/1608608574120554497

Bapanada

Quantum of Phallus
Dec 27, 2010

maybe they should have spent less time making a secret room and more time fixing their game

ilmucche
Mar 16, 2016

What did you say the strategy was?
That's really disappointing. Golf story had a lot of charm and wit to it, even if it was very easy.

scary ghost dog
Aug 5, 2007
golf story has less polished gameplay than barkley gaiden

ymgve
Jan 2, 2004

:dukedog:
Offensive Clock
why are you talking about sports games in the thread for unreleased games

Cartoon Man
Jan 31, 2004

ymgve posted:

why are you talking about sports games in the thread for unreleased games

The real Sports Story is unreleased, there’s some alpha build of it going around that you can pay for early access.

Frankston
Jul 27, 2010

Golf Story was pretty lame and it only got so popular because it was the first game to come out on the Switch for about six months after it launched.

lih
May 15, 2013

Just a friendly reminder of what it looks like.

We'll do punctuation later.
hollow knight was an absolutely gigantic success for a tiny dev team and there's little reason to think that any of the usual pressures (usually: "we ran out of money" or "higher-ups say we HAVE to release by a certain date") that cause games to be unfinished on launch apply here. they were happy to go silent for years after the announcement so i don't think they really feel much pressure to rush development.

Pigbuster
Sep 12, 2010

Fun Shoe
https://twitter.com/Xbox/status/1609974732748881922

the (new) promise...

Feels Villeneuve
Oct 7, 2007

Setter is Better.
Phil....... Please

hatty
Feb 28, 2011

Pork Pro
The promise, RENEWED

Bogart
Apr 12, 2010

by VideoGames
Bill Gates Release Hollow Knight Silk Song

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

The Zombie Guy
Oct 25, 2008

Bogart posted:

Bill Gates Release Hollow Knight Silk Song

*Monkey paw finger curls*

Silksong is released as a Minecraft mod.