Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.
(Thread IKs: GhostofJohnMuir)

GhostofJohnMuir
Aug 14, 2014

anime is not good
wishing everyone in dadchat the best in the coming new year navigating whatever fresh hell reality will spring on us

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Tesseraction
Apr 5, 2009

yes happy new year and may your dogs be unbothered by explosions in the sky

GhostofJohnMuir
Aug 14, 2014

anime is not good
i hope there's a special place in hell for people who post 60fps videos of animation which was originally in 23fps. may their eyes melt out of their skulls

Tesseraction posted:

yes happy new year and may your dogs be unbothered by explosions in the sky

too late, our households giant puppy was thoroughly disturbed. and we were sure the rain was going to prevent fireworks

Megillah Gorilla
Sep 22, 2003

If only all of life's problems could be solved by smoking a professor of ancient evil texts.

Bread Liar

exmarx posted:

rest in peace pope benedict xvi.

The Rat Pope can burn in hell like he loving deserves.

He was a homophobic paedophile-enabler and, if there is a god, I hope he finds a new level of hell for anyone like Ratzinger who did everything they could to protect the monsters who raped the children in their care.

Rappaport
Oct 2, 2013

He was literally the chief of the Inquisition for a while there, I'm sure those guys have their own pool of boiling sulfur down there

a strange fowl
Oct 27, 2022

catholicism is an evil nation of evil men

Furnaceface
Oct 21, 2004

GhostofJohnMuir posted:

and we were sure the rain was going to prevent fireworks

If I have learned anything in my time on this planet its that not even the world ending will stop Americans from firing off guns or explosives.

Also I hope this new year brings you all joy and good things. We need at least one good year to break up this downward spiral of insanity.

exmarx
Feb 18, 2012

The experience over the years
of nothing getting better
only worse.
oh right, the gay pope is the one going to hell :rolleyes:

Megillah Gorilla
Sep 22, 2003

If only all of life's problems could be solved by smoking a professor of ancient evil texts.

Bread Liar
The guy who referred to homosexuals as an "Intrinsic moral evil" is the one you're stanning for?

He was only "the gay pope" insomuch as he hated us and considered us subhuman.

Creamythighs
Dec 28, 2022

exmarx posted:

oh right, the gay pope is the one going to hell :rolleyes:

lol

GhostofJohnMuir
Aug 14, 2014

anime is not good
apparently i'm going to have to do formal public speaking for the first time since i was a student. please pray that i don't throw up on myself (or pray that i do if you think that would be funnier)

cinci zoo sniper
Mar 15, 2013

GhostofJohnMuir posted:

apparently i'm going to have to do formal public speaking for the first time since i was a student. please pray that i don't throw up on myself (or pray that i do if you think that would be funnier)

i hope you follow the steps of americas greatest public speakers, and set it all up at a cozy landscaping shop

Tesseraction
Apr 5, 2009

a strange fowl
Oct 27, 2022

GhostofJohnMuir posted:

what are you speaking about? if it's environmental management, just getting up there and puking endlessly until they drag you off-stage sounds like a great way to get the point across

Tesseraction
Apr 5, 2009

welcome to my ted talk on the environment

*drops trou, then guts*

visceril
Feb 24, 2008

Tesseraction posted:

welcome to my ted talk on the environment

*drops trou, then guts*

XR protests getting hardcore

a strange fowl
Oct 27, 2022

i had a dream last night that someone hacked my account and posted in every forum that ariel sharon was worse than hitler and i started getting angry emails from mossad

GhostofJohnMuir
Aug 14, 2014

anime is not good

a strange fowl posted:

what are you speaking about? if it's environmental management, just getting up there and puking endlessly until they drag you off-stage sounds like a great way to get the point across

it would be the most impactful way to get the point across, but i want them to keep inviting me back so i can continue to ride the free finger sandwich and cookie train

cinci zoo sniper posted:

i hope you follow the steps of americas greatest public speakers, and set it all up at a cozy landscaping shop

unfortunately there is a real lack of adult bookstores in my area, so i could never fully replicate the true experience

GoutPatrol
Oct 17, 2009

*Stupid Babby*

today is Watergate day in class

students are not as interested in watching recordings of Nixon tapes as I am

GhostofJohnMuir
Aug 14, 2014

anime is not good
but the nixon tapes are comedy gold?

GhostofJohnMuir
Aug 14, 2014

anime is not good
http://nixontapes.org/emk/476-014_clipa.mp3

i mean, what are wrong with the kids these days?

Rappaport
Oct 2, 2013

GoutPatrol posted:

The kids are Not Alright :smith:

V. Illych L.
Apr 11, 2008

ASK ME ABOUT LUMBER

GoutPatrol posted:

it's interesting in a way how *unscandalous* watergate is by today's standards

like, can you imagine trump going down over something like watergate? or biden, for that matter

Tesseraction
Apr 5, 2009

V. Illych L. posted:

or biden, for that matter

https://twitter.com/mviser/status/1613602275657646094

(more seriously this won't go anywhere but lol come the gently caress on)

a strange fowl
Oct 27, 2022

gojm let us write the speech for you. what is it about

Captain_Maclaine
Sep 30, 2001

Every moment that I'm alive, I pray for death!

GoutPatrol posted:

I got a chance to listen to the Kennedy office tapes back in grad school and my god how they have degraded in the intervening decades. I was missing every third or fourth word.

GoutPatrol
Oct 17, 2009

*Stupid Babby*

Yeah I gotta find the videos made with subtitles, and not the auto ones YouTube makes.

They do enjoy the Hagar pants video though.

GhostofJohnMuir
Aug 14, 2014

anime is not good

a strange fowl posted:

gojm let us write the speech for you. what is it about

it's about fish and how we should be nice to them

Rappaport
Oct 2, 2013

quote:

"It's fatal liberality," says Ehrlichman. "And with its use on television, it has such leverage."

Nixon asks Ehrlichman to consider northern California. "You know what's happened."

"San Francisco has just gone clear over," says Ehrlichman.

"But it's not just the ratty part of town," says Nixon. "The upper class in San Francisco is that way. The Bohemian Grove (an elite, secrecy-filled gathering outside San Francisco), which I attend from time to time. It is the most faggy goddamned thing you could ever imagine, with that San Francisco crowd. I can't shake hands with anybody from San Francisco."

Nixon finishes things off by turning into an observer of ladies' fashions.

"Decorators. They got to do something. But we don't have to glorify it," says Nixon. "You know one of the reasons fashions have made women look so terrible is because the goddamned designers hate women. Designers taking it out on the women. Now they're trying to get some more sexy things coming on again."

"Hot pants," says Ehrlichman.

"Jesus Christ," murmurs the president.

All Dick really wanted was to stop war :smith: If it weren't for those god drat Kennedy kids :argh:

cinci zoo sniper
Mar 15, 2013

https://www.nytimes.com/2023/01/13/world/australia/new-zealand-egg-shortage.html

maybe norway can send their experts to help out

GhostofJohnMuir
Aug 14, 2014

anime is not good
give the chickens an inch and they'll take a mile

Tesseraction
Apr 5, 2009

what's this handful of wanks joke in the Ukraine thread title about kals?

cinci zoo sniper
Mar 15, 2013

Tesseraction posted:

what's this handful of wanks joke in the Ukraine thread title about kals?

Rinkles posted:

Is a tank without treads formally a tank?

Pablo Bluth posted:

The t in tank clearly stands for tread, making the AMX-10 RC a wank instead....

Tesseraction
Apr 5, 2009

lol, that's better than what I'd assumed - that someone had typoed tank and it had stuck

like this classic bit of electoral mastery https://twitter.com/guardian/status/1405280153949720579

GhostofJohnMuir
Aug 14, 2014

anime is not good
based on everything i've seen of him, i have a suspicion that he simply is one of the clintons

a strange fowl
Oct 27, 2022

GhostofJohnMuir posted:

it's about fish and how we should be nice to them
my children and brethren in the earth

every day, millions of fish enter the hearts and mouths of america. most americans have never even seen a fish, nor water, the medium in which they perform. they have little understanding of water, and every single last one of them is doomed to die in the desert that awaits us all. but you can be kind to the fish in your lives. wherever you see a fish, whether that be in a tank, in an aquarium, press it to your lips and kiss it in thanks for its existence. my dear children, i hope that you all live to see the day of humanity's extinction. i will not, for i am destined to die battling a wildfire. until that day, just know that the fish are always with us, and they will remember how we treated them in their hour of need. i am the ghost of john muir and my word is law

Pirate Radar
Apr 18, 2008

You're not my Ruthie!
You're not my Debbie!
You're not my Sherry!

This was a keen prediction of what everyone is arguing with that guy on Twitter about

Cease to Hope
Dec 12, 2011
this was worth the wait

BougieBitch
Oct 2, 2013

Basic as hell
Is there a unions thread somewhere here or in A/T? I went hunting and couldn't find it or anything adjacent in the first two pages, and it looks like even the DSA thread has been dead a year.

I generally find CSPAM a bit abrasive/meme-y, but if that's where to look then I'll take a link

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

cinci zoo sniper
Mar 15, 2013

BougieBitch posted:

Is there a unions thread somewhere here or in A/T? I went hunting and couldn't find it or anything adjacent in the first two pages, and it looks like even the DSA thread has been dead a year.

I generally find CSPAM a bit abrasive/meme-y, but if that's where to look then I'll take a link

You can just “necro” a thread or start a new one here, if you’d like, but I believe that C-SPAM indeed has a workforce organising thread