Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

ZeusCannon
Nov 5, 2009

BLAAAAAARGH PLEASE KILL ME BLAAAAAAAARGH
Grimey Drawer

Sunk Dunk posted:

whats your favorite movie involving motorsports

Ronin

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Beastie
Nov 3, 2006

They used to call me tricky-kid, I lived the life they wish they did.

Hell yeah True Lies

ponzicar
Mar 17, 2008
E.T. was really the worst thing to happen to children's movies. Not because the movie itself is bad (it is a classic), but because it became the default format for every lazy filmmaker who knows that kids have very low standards. There's the direct rip offs (Mac and Me, Nukie) and then a million others where instead of finding an alien, the kids find a magic gremlin (voiced by Dom Deluise) or a bigfoot, or a talking skateboard (voiced by Dom Deluise), or a genie.

Criss-cross
Jun 14, 2022

by Fluffdaddy

ponzicar posted:

Not because the movie itself is bad (it is a classic)

Classically bad, maybe.

RealityWarCriminal
Aug 10, 2016

:o:
Shut up, penisbreath.

Sunk Dunk
Apr 14, 2021
his breath only smells like penis due to the penis he was eating

Prurient Squid
Jul 21, 2008

Tiddy cat Buddha improving your day.
But is the talking skateboard radical and totally tubular?

Blue Raider
Sep 2, 2006

poisonpill posted:

One of her favorite movies is Maverick? I think I’m in love

Movie loving owns

stephenthinkpad
Jan 2, 2020
I kind of want to send in a Monique G tape. Better money spent than paying for behind the scene video on Patreon. What is the best MonG movie hasn't been covered by RLM?

Sunk Dunk
Apr 14, 2021

Pham Nuwen
Oct 30, 2010

Sunk Dunk posted:

whats your favorite movie involving motorsports

The Paperboy

edit: sorry just re-read, you said motorsports, my bad.

kalel
Jun 19, 2012

monique gabrielle is going to rend this thread asunder. let's get back to what really matters: the last Jedi is the best star wars film, thank you rian "lol jk" johnson

mutantIke
Oct 24, 2022

Born in '04
Certified Zoomer
The best Star Wars movie is the Family Guy specials played back to back to back

poisonpill
Nov 8, 2009

The only way to get huge fast is to insult a passing witch and hope she curses you with Beast-strength.

stephenthinkpad posted:

I kind of want to send in a Monique G tape. Better money spent than paying for behind the scene video on Patreon. What is the best MonG movie hasn't been covered by RLM?

She was in three "high school guys try to lose their virginity" genre of movies, send these. I mean, technically Bachelor Party also counts, but it's a real movie.

https://www.imdb.com/title/tt0089304/?ref_=ttls_li_tt
Hot Moves
R
1h 25m
Comedy
Four Venice Beach boys make a pact to lose their virginity before beginning their senior year of high school.

https://www.imdb.com/title/tt0088800/?ref_=ttls_li_tt
The Big Bet
R
1h 30m
Comedy
Romance
A 17-year-old high school student who's obsessed with sex tries to seduce both his beautiful older neighbor and the shy new girl in school over a bet, only to end up falling in love.

https://www.imdb.com/title/tt0104879/?ref_=ttls_li_tt
Miracle Beach
R
1h 28m
Comedy
Romance
A down-on-his luck beach bum asks a cute female genie to help him seduce the woman of his dreams only to realize that he might be looking in the wrong place.

poisonpill
Nov 8, 2009

The only way to get huge fast is to insult a passing witch and hope she curses you with Beast-strength.

Was it really that hard to get laid in the 80s, that there are, like, a thousand movies about guys forming pacts and asking genies for sex? If anything, I feel like it might have been easier

RealityWarCriminal
Aug 10, 2016

Not of This Earth is a great Jay movie but I don't remember her in it, probably a cameo. it's another piece of the Jim Wynorski filmography.

X JAKK
Sep 1, 2000

We eat the pig then together we BURN

mutantIke posted:

The best Star Wars movie is the Family Guy specials played back to back to back

I think the world is ready for a new Spaceballs.

Rod Hoofhearted
Jun 18, 2000

I am a ghost

poisonpill posted:

https://www.imdb.com/title/tt0104879/?ref_=ttls_li_tt
Miracle Beach
R
1h 28m
Comedy
Romance
A down-on-his luck beach bum asks a cute female genie to help him seduce the woman of his dreams only to realize that he might be looking in the wrong place.

Miracle Beach is crazy, because there’s two cuts - a boner comedy R-rated cut starring Dean Cameron (who did a bunch of boner comedies at the time and was in the Always Sunny episode where they go to a ski resort expecting a boner comedy experience), and then there’s a PG cut that focuses more on the genie played by Ami Dolenz (The Monkees Mickey Dolenz’s daughter) that’s supposed to be, like, a romantic movie for teenage girls maybe?

And either HBO or Showtime would run the PG version during the day and then the R-rated version at night.

Just a very weird experiment in trying to make one movie appeal to two completely different audiences. :shrug:

Rod Hoofhearted
Jun 18, 2000

I am a ghost

poisonpill posted:

Was it really that hard to get laid in the 80s, that there are, like, a thousand movies about guys forming pacts and asking genies for sex? If anything, I feel like it might have been easier

I had a really hard time getting laid in the 80s, but then I was also under 10 the entire time.

Don’t forget Weird Science where they use computers and dolls to create a woman to have sex with them. A movie way ahead of it’s time there.

mallratcal
Sep 10, 2003

stephenthinkpad posted:

Start flooding them with Munchie tapes and see if Munchie can become the next Nukie.

X JAKK
Sep 1, 2000

We eat the pig then together we BURN
Make Gremlins 3 starring Forster and Lady Gremlin's freak half gremlin baby (played by Warwick Davis) and Gizmo voiced by Vin Diesel has to beat them in a street race and teach them about family.

Outpost22
Oct 11, 2012

RIP Screamy You were too good for this world.
RLM 2023: Monique Gabrielle Appreciation Station

Regrettable
Jan 5, 2010

Outpost22 posted:

RLM 2023: Monique Gabrielle Appreciation Station

:haibrow:

JediTalentAgent
Jun 5, 2005
Hey, look. Look, if- if you screw me on this, I shall become more powerful than you can possibly imagine, you rat bastard!
Monique with blonde hair looks a lot like Rhonda Shear from USA Up All Night. I think here IMDB said she appeared in an episode of that, too.

ponzicar posted:

E.T. was really the worst thing to happen to children's movies. Not because the movie itself is bad (it is a classic), but because it became the default format for every lazy filmmaker who knows that kids have very low standards. There's the direct rip offs (Mac and Me, Nukie) and then a million others where instead of finding an alien, the kids find a magic gremlin (voiced by Dom Deluise) or a bigfoot, or a talking skateboard (voiced by Dom Deluise), or a genie.

Could the same thing be said about Back to the Future? Once that movie was huge, there seemed to be a long running trend of making movies where fantasy and sci-fi time/space displacement occurs with 'modern real world' settings and characters? Lots of culture clash and confusion.

Granted, not the first media to do that, but BTTF feels like it gave someone a shorthand of "...but with something like Back to the Future fish-out-of-water comedy gimmick!?" even for things that really didn't need it.

"What if He-man, but he we pull a Back to the Future where ends up stuck on our world and time!" or "What if Beastmaster, but it's Back to the Future!"

arsenicCatnip
Dec 23, 2022

:33< i KNOW, i was speaking metafurrikitty :33

Feel like it happens with a lot of movies. Something really good / popular sets the trend, and the imitators follow trying to capture lightning in a bottle.

Think a good modern example is the amount of failed cinematic universes trying to capture the MCU money.

JediTalentAgent
Jun 5, 2005
Hey, look. Look, if- if you screw me on this, I shall become more powerful than you can possibly imagine, you rat bastard!
Monique Gabrielle is the new Bowsette.

I say we start a petition to get her cast as voice of Bowsette in SMB2 movie.

That DICK!
Sep 28, 2010

JediTalentAgent posted:

Monique Gabrielle Bowsette.
gently caress..... gently caress!

Hackers film 1995
Nov 4, 2009

Hack the planet!

jfc. im a sad pervert but this is next level bleak.

edit
happy new year, thread i read the most for some reason ban jenny posters

lobsterminator
Oct 16, 2012

Hackers film 1995 posted:

jfc. im a sad pervert but this is next level bleak.

I'd ask for an eyebrow print.

JediTalentAgent
Jun 5, 2005
D-did they... (looks around cautiously) ...make any eyebrow prints? I'm asking for a friend. He has broviphilia.

Rod Hoofhearted
Jun 18, 2000

I am a ghost

The classic “elevator pitch” is a real thing, and the most successful way of getting Hollywood producers interested in a project is to say, “<wildly successful movie 1> meets <wildly successful movie 2>!”

The second most successful way to get made is to pitch, “<wildly successful movie>, but <different circumstance>.”

“Dances With Wolves, but on a different planet!”

“Harry Potter, but with Greek gods!”

“Superman, but fascist!”

Vakal
May 11, 2008

So the card with the lip prints says photo by 'Monique Gabrielle', but the nipple card says photo by 'John Copeland'.

I'm assuming that means some random fat guy pressed his boob against that card.

JediTalentAgent
Jun 5, 2005
Looked on ebay and the other side might have had a photo. There's at least one Monique card up for auction now with a single bid, so I'm not sure which one of us is buying it.

edit: drat, there's even an official Monique model kit?

JediTalentAgent fucked around with this message at 20:49 on Jan 1, 2023

Hackers film 1995
Nov 4, 2009

Hack the planet!

I;m thinking about thos Eyebrows

poisonpill
Nov 8, 2009

Rod Hoofhearted posted:

Miracle Beach is crazy, because there’s two cuts - a boner comedy R-rated cut starring Dean Cameron (who did a bunch of boner comedies at the time and was in the Always Sunny episode where they go to a ski resort expecting a boner comedy experience), and then there’s a PG cut that focuses more on the genie played by Ami Dolenz (The Monkees Mickey Dolenz’s daughter) that’s supposed to be, like, a romantic movie for teenage girls maybe?

And either HBO or Showtime would run the PG version during the day and then the R-rated version at night.

Just a very weird experiment in trying to make one movie appeal to two completely different audiences. :shrug:

Now that’s what I call efficiency!!

Weirdly enough, the music industry rediscovered this a few years ago. They take a song, say, it’s a modern tweeter pop song. You can play it on top40 stations. Now hire Snoop to come in and spit a few verses, you can use those to get rotation on more stations. The singer used to be a country/Christian artist, so you cut those verses and maybe dial back the beat to get rotation on those stations, too.

mallratcal
Sep 10, 2003

I thought Monique did a lot more horror movies than she was. Didn’t know she was in so many soft core movies.

Hackers film 1995
Nov 4, 2009

Hack the planet!

poisonpill posted:

Now that’s what I call efficiency!!

Weirdly enough, the music industry rediscovered this a few years ago. They take a song, say, it’s a modern tweeter pop song. You can play it on top40 stations. Now hire Snoop to come in and spit a few verses, you can use those to get rotation on more stations. The singer used to be a country/Christian artist, so you cut those verses and maybe dial back the beat to get rotation on those stations, too.

i remember watching some thing about shania twain and that period when she had a couple quadruple platinum records or whatever and they used to completely change the production of the music (and keep her same vocals) depending on the country of release to get wider appeal. im glad she made a bazillion dollars but man it really showed how that music was just “music product” and not at all about art

Wolfsheim
Dec 23, 2003

"Ah," Ratz had said, at last, "the artiste."
The Nukie video made me want to watch BttF so my SO and I watched the first two last night and my hot take is that BttF2 is pretty bad

I remember it being rough but like 90% of the movie is just him interacting with Biff and frankly Biff isn't an interesting enough character to warrant that kind of screen time

The movie also ends with a commercial for BttF3 'coming summer 1990' even on the current streaming version which made me lol

stephenthinkpad
Jan 2, 2020
I went to her IMDB page and pressed sort by rating, all of the videos on the top are playboy penthouse videos. Basically 90s version of onlyfans.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

RealityWarCriminal
Aug 10, 2016

mallratcal posted:

I thought Monique did a lot more horror movies than she was. Didn’t know she was in so many soft core movies.

the California film scene is a spectrum