Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Scrub-Niggurath
Nov 27, 2007

Can fel barrage and mark of scorn hit immune enemies? Like if I play the jailer and have more than 10 hp will the spells aim for the jailer and deal no damage or will they just ignore him and hit my face?

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

AnacondaHL
Feb 15, 2009

I'm the lead trumpet player, playing loud and high is all I know how to do.

Scrub-Niggurath posted:

Can fel barrage and mark of scorn hit immune enemies?

Yes

Scrub-Niggurath posted:

Like if I play the jailer and have more than 10 hp will the spells aim for the jailer and deal no damage or will they just ignore him and hit my face?

the former

Oenis
Mar 15, 2012
Hit legend with Frost DK, didn't even really try.

AAECAfHhBAaXoATE9gTEgQXipAXLpQXMpQUMlrcE7eME9eME/uMEguQEk+QEueYEh/YEtIAFtYAFk4EFopkFAA==

Lots of options to find lethal even against tanky matchups. The meta is okay, but I find it hard to be passionate about it because these aggressive, burn-y metas don't really do anything for me. I liked it better when renathal, druids and blood DKs reigned supreme.

Starsfan
Sep 29, 2007

This is what happens when you disrespect Cam Neely

Scrub-Niggurath posted:

Can fel barrage and mark of scorn hit immune enemies? Like if I play the jailer and have more than 10 hp will the spells aim for the jailer and deal no damage or will they just ignore him and hit my face?

One of the guys in the world championships had the Jailer in his slow druid deck just for this reason I think

(Denying fell barrage face damage)

Starsfan fucked around with this message at 22:59 on Dec 26, 2022

Doctor Spaceman
Jul 6, 2010

"Everyone's entitled to their point of view, but that's seriously a weird one."
Just can't find something to get to work for D10 to D5. Evolve Shaman and Spell Demon Hunter should be viable but I struggle to make them work.

Doctor Spaceman fucked around with this message at 14:36 on Dec 28, 2022

fanny packrat
Mar 24, 2018

Doctor Spaceman posted:

Just can't find something to get to work for D10 to D5. Evolve Shaman and Spell Demon Hunter should be viable but I struggle to make them work.

What are you facing? New VS report tomorrow, so that should give some idea of the shape of the meta.

I did most of that section of ladder with freeze/burn mage, but I can't imagine it looks the same now.

Doctor Spaceman
Jul 6, 2010

fanny packrat posted:

What are you facing? New VS report tomorrow, so that should give some idea of the shape of the meta.
Rogues seem to be the nasty combination of frequency and efficacy in my matchups.

Scholtz
Aug 24, 2007

Zorchin' some Flemoids

The turn where I played both of my Shudderlings (with a Brann on the board), then completed the quest, got a golden Brann, and then played my golden Shudderling was beautiful :allears:

Strawberry Panda
Nov 4, 2007

Breakfast Defecting, Slow Dick Touching, Root Beer Barreling SwagVP

Doctor Spaceman posted:

Same. I keep facing dumb Implocks.

Starsfan
Sep 29, 2007

I wish I had detailed advice for you guys but I am just getting back into the game myself and I don't know enough about the meta or what will work.

I do think people get in the trap of thinking they need to play a tier 1 deck and looking at VS or HR and saying "Quest DH is the best I'm going to try that" when it's not necessarily going to do any better for you than a tier 2 or 3 deck that is more similar to what you've used before. It takes hundreds of games to learn some of the more complex decks so If you are chasing the stats you might actually be hurting your results in the short term.

I think you should pick a deck that looks like you'll enjoy playing, figure out what the core cards are and what can be played around with, and then make adjustments if you find yourself struggling into a certain type of match up.

I've been playing frost DK because it's cheap and it reminds me a lot of other burn decks I've piloted before and I've been getting good results. I dont have Astalor (seems like im the only one) or school teachers but ive just thrown in some other DK cards and its fine. People get caught up on having a perfect deck when in reality most cards are marginal and making substitutions is only going to result in a measurable difference over hundreds of games. I do wish I had astalor though lol.

Just play what's fun (so you'll keep playing rather than it becoming a slog) and you guys will get there next month or the month after that. I have no doubt.

Starsfan fucked around with this message at 20:58 on Dec 29, 2022

Shockeh
Feb 24, 2009

Now be a dear and
fuck the fuck off.
Brann/Spitter/Devour, full OTK, ignoring Taunts & board state. (Lifestealed back to 30) Delete loving Brann Blizzard, he’s a dumb oval office of a card.

RatHat
Dec 31, 2007

A tiny behatted rat👒🐀!
https://twitter.com/TL_Bunnyhoppor/status/1608737877206405121?s=20&t=7G0uwksAd6eNpWWrMXQXUg

We're probably getting mini-set news soon, likely along with the new battlegrounds season

AnacondaHL
Feb 15, 2009

RatHat posted:

https://twitter.com/TL_Bunnyhoppor/status/1608737877206405121?s=20&t=7G0uwksAd6eNpWWrMXQXUg

We're probably getting mini-set news soon, likely along with the new battlegrounds season

lmao Bunnyhopper isn't a big enough content creator to get card reveals, he's the 2022 world champion. There was only one thing this case could have contained

https://twitter.com/TL_Bunnyhoppor/status/1608833443911303170

also has a fantastic sense of humor :v:

Boatswain
May 29, 2012
The concoction Rogue is lowkey goated when whirlkick rogue is the vibe :suicide:

Jezza of OZPOS
Mar 21, 2018

GET LOSE❌🗺️, YOUS CAN'T COMPARE😤 WITH ME 💪POWERS🇦🇺
I think i just need to bite the bullet, dust some wild legendaries and craft some varient of rogue because they all look like theyre having lots of fun. I know we're ages from rotation yet but i still feel sketchy about just blowing dust as a f2p player when the whole meta will dramatically change in a few months.

Sandwolf
Jan 23, 2007

i'll be harpo

Boatswain posted:

The concoction Rogue is lowkey goated when whirlkick rogue is the vibe :suicide:

:bighow:

Boatswain
May 29, 2012

Jezza of OZPOS posted:

I think i just need to bite the bullet, dust some wild legendaries and craft some varient of rogue because they all look like theyre having lots of fun. I know we're ages from rotation yet but i still feel sketchy about just blowing dust as a f2p player when the whole meta will dramatically change in a few months.

Rogue is by far my favourite class and the recent sets have some staples (Concoctions, Crabtoa, the 1-cost cantrips, the new legendary et cetera) that will remain staples into the next year of standard 2023.

Jezza of OZPOS
Mar 21, 2018

yeah looking at the current VS list I'm missing a few legendaries from sunken city and lich king and I crafted those for a deck. Only legendary I dont have that is rotating out is Maestra and while I can absolutely see the value she brings to the deck I'm comfortable not using her for a few months. I dont know much about how the deck plays, but i'm trying to figure out what takes her spot. I'm not concerned about being insanely competitive with the deck but her utility is so unique that its hard for me to really feel comfortable with anything. I threw a tooth of nefarian in there because it has some synergy and is the same mana cost but ultimately there's probably something better. If anyone has any good suggestions I'd love to hear it

### thief rogue
# Class: Rogue
# Format: Standard
# Year of the Hydra
#
# 2x (0) Preparation
# 1x (0) Shadow of Demise
# 2x (0) Shadowstep
# 2x (1) Blackwater Cutlass
# 1x (2) Astalor Bloodsworn
# 2x (2) Jackpot!
# 2x (2) Potion Belt
# 1x (2) Potionmaster Putricide
# 2x (2) Reconnaissance
# 2x (2) Serrated Bone Spike
# 2x (2) Sketchy Stranger
# 1x (2) Tooth of Nefarian
# 2x (4) Swiftscale Trickster
# 2x (5) Contraband Stash
# 1x (5) Queen Azshara
# 2x (5) Wildpaw Gnoll
# 1x (6) Crabatoa
# 1x (7) Tess Greymane
# 1x (8) Shadowcrafter Scabbs
#
AAECAaIHCPuKBPmsBNi2BNu5BMygBeigBYukBeKkBQu9gAT2nwT3nwS6pAT7pQTspwTVtgT13QSS3wT58QTfoAUA
#
# To use this deck, copy it to your clipboard and create a new deck in Hearthstone

AnacondaHL
Feb 15, 2009

If you don't have Maestra you should probably also cut Wildpaw Gnolls.

vS lists will sometimes come with flex card suggestions, which is the case here, so Tooth and/or Wicked Stabs would be the replacements.

Obfuscation
Jan 1, 2008
Good luck to you, I know you believe in hell
Without Maestra, you probably want to drop the Gnolls too

RatHat
Dec 31, 2007

A tiny behatted rat👒🐀!
Might want to cut the Gnolls, they’re pretty bad without Maestra

PneumonicBook
Sep 26, 2007

Do you like our owl?

Ultra Carp
I think the whole reason for the Gnolls in that deck is the discount they get from Maestra. Without her you probably want to cut them.

Jezza of OZPOS
Mar 21, 2018

Oh they discount based on rogue cards before you transform into rogue? Is that the deal? They seem to work ok but yeah thats a huge improvement. Will try it without gnolls and see how i go

RatHat
Dec 31, 2007

A tiny behatted rat👒🐀!

Jezza of OZPOS posted:

Oh they discount based on roghe cards before you transform into rogue? Is that the deal? They seem to work ok but yeah thats a huge improvement

Yep. Each Rogue card you draw when disguised discounts them by 1, which is why you should mulligan for the tradable weapon. Concoctions count as Rogue cards too so using Potion belt when you’re disguised is 2 mana off the Gnolls

bravesword
Apr 13, 2012

Silent Protagonist
Potion Belt is actually a three-mana discount, each Concoction and the mixed Concoction counts as a separate card.

It's real dumb, but the Maestra/Gnoll interaction has been consistently dumb since the day it was printed. Gnoll really should have been changed to "non-Rogue class card" ages ago, but it's close enough to rotation now that they'll probably just leave it.

Mayveena
Dec 27, 2006

People keep vandalizing my ID photo; I've lodged a complaint with HR
Anyone have a list for the undead aggro druid that's out there?

Doctor Spaceman
Jul 6, 2010

Sinful Scythe Demon Hunter is pretty fun. Super strong but also not easy to pilot.

fanny packrat
Mar 24, 2018

Doctor Spaceman posted:

Sinful Scythe Demon Hunter is pretty fun. Super strong but also not easy to pilot.

I unpacked the scythe in my ranked rewards. Can't wait to learn it!

Doctor Spaceman
Jul 6, 2010

fanny packrat posted:

I unpacked the scythe in my ranked rewards. Can't wait to learn it!

Between the quest, the scythe, Jace, Kurtrus and the relics (all of which are useful, none of which are required) there are a lot of combinations for viable DH decks at the moment.

Doctor Spaceman fucked around with this message at 15:17 on Jan 1, 2023

Chernabog
Apr 16, 2007

I just realized there are 10 free packs in the shop as a holiday special, just in case anybody else missed them like I did.

Desert Bus
May 9, 2004

Take 1 tablet by mouth daily.

Chernabog posted:

I just realized there are 10 free packs in the shop as a holiday special, just in case anybody else missed them like I did.

I don't have this wtf

World War Mammories
Aug 25, 2006

it just worked for me, on the american server if that matters

Chernabog
Apr 16, 2007

I'm also in Americas. Dunno if that's related.

victorious
Jul 2, 2007

As a youth I prayed, "Give me chastity and continence, but not yet."

Chernabog posted:

Are these the same free packs that were gifted a couple of weeks ago?

Oh, just found the post, I must have got them from the shop. They've been available for almost 3 weeks.

Sloppy
Apr 25, 2003

Imagination will often carry us to worlds that never were. But without it we go nowhere.

In Americas, not seeing it. Was it at the top of the store or hidden in layers somewhere?

spaced ninja
Apr 10, 2009

Toilet Rascal
It’s buried pretty far down on the store page. After all the bundles before e the single packs.

Beasteh
Feb 12, 2012

I'M QUESTIONING MY EXISTENCE AND THIS IDIOT JUST WANTS TO PEE OFF A WALL

lol i legit just did 36 damage to this BBB DK who decked me out, made sure to generate 2x shockspitters from my selective breeders early on just in case

i'd juiced my spitters up to 9 damage each so two of those plus brann got me there

(he discovered three blood boils and two vampiric blood that game so i feel like the bullshit i beat him with was deserved for making me sit through it)

Luff
Jul 11, 2006

Congratulations on not getting fit in 2011!
I didn't climb to legend for a couple of months and just got my 11th star back anyway? Cool that it works that way when you're not playing much

Starsfan
Sep 29, 2007

Luff posted:

I didn't climb to legend for a couple of months and just got my 11th star back anyway? Cool that it works that way when you're not playing much

The stars aren't based on rank, they are based on your performance in the mmr system.. I just made a new account in November of last year and after getting through the initiate ranks I was awarded 3 stars and then after December I was awarded 10 stars despite not playing standard that much and only getting to gold 5.

But yeah, it is nice that you can take a few months off from the game and retain your rating in the system.. I know there is some decay but it's pretty quick to overcome.

**I guess i'll put this out there as a PSA, don't know how many people it will apply to since I don't expect there's alot of new players to the game coming in, but the Hearthstone devs recently changed the way the stars are awarded for new accounts to be much harsher in the first month.. Like I think TrumpSC in his last new account f2p to legend run was awarded 4 or 5 stars after the initiate ranks despite always being a high legend player. The reason they did this is because it became apparent earlier in the year that new account MMR was kind of bugged to the point where you could end up with a very inflated legend ranking after going through initiate ranks and getting awarded an 11 star bonus.. like there was some guy who was a notable stream sniper (and a borderline pro player but not typically that highly rated) who kept on getting accounts banned and kept on debuting at top 5 legend with his new accounts. People were concerned that some of the pro tournaments with entry requirements of achieving a certain ranking on ladder could be compromised by lower skilled players abusing this strategy so from what I can tell Blizzard changed the new account MMR to deflate your star bonus until you play a certain number of games or at least until the 2nd month on ladder.

All this is to say don't be discouraged if you come back to the game after a long while or make a new account and get a much lower than expected star bonus, the bonus you get in your 2nd month will likely be much more reflective of your performance.

Starsfan fucked around with this message at 19:27 on Jan 3, 2023

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Chernabog
Apr 16, 2007

Love when I'm playing my very good complete-the-manathirst-quest deck in casual and my opponent playing braindead aggro still needs to spend three hours on every single turn.