Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

AnimeIsTrash
Jun 30, 2018

some plague rats posted:

Who knew pyf was such a hub of genocide denial

lmfao hootington was right

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

AnimeIsTrash
Jun 30, 2018

speaking off I found out that 10 years ago d&d actually had a thread where they talked about if the Obama administration should “accept” the Armenian genocide

https://forums.somethingawful.com/showthread.php?threadid=3275915&userid=0&perpage=40&pagenumber=1

I like this post in particular

tristeham
Jul 31, 2022
holy poo poo lol

KirbyKhan
Mar 20, 2009

Soiled Meat
Lmfao thinking you can rely on Turkey.

Fat-Lip-Sum-41.mp3
Nov 15, 2003
excuse me helldump?

fart simpson
Jul 2, 2005

DEATH TO AMERICA
:xickos:

AnimeIsTrash posted:

speaking off I found out that 10 years ago d&d actually had a thread where they talked about if the Obama administration should “accept” the Armenian genocide

https://forums.somethingawful.com/showthread.php?threadid=3275915&userid=0&perpage=40&pagenumber=1

I like this post in particular

:mmmsmug:

Lib and let die
Aug 26, 2004

some plague rats posted:

They called you a mod?

hosed up. Chain probe into oblivion.

Salean
Mar 17, 2004

Homewrecker

Incredible stuff from those other forums. Almost can't believe it happened, but clearly it did. Kinda like the holodomor in that way

speng31b
May 8, 2010

some plague rats posted:

pyf genocide denial

Futanari Damacy
Oct 30, 2021

by sebmojo
For someone who never posts there I hear a lot about PYF and everything I hear leads me to believe shutting it down would improve everyone's mental health :hai:

John Charity Spring
Nov 4, 2009

SCREEEEE

Homeless Friend posted:

my fav cspam genocide drama is easily rguy's position being the position of the UN years later lmfao. slow cooked to perfection

he's still mentioned pretty regularly as 'the genocide apologist admin', it always makes me laugh

gradenko_2000
Oct 5, 2010

HELL SERPENT
Lipstick Apathy

speng31b posted:

pyf genocide denial

Kampuchea

Futanari Damacy
Oct 30, 2021

by sebmojo

KirbyKhan posted:

Lmfao thinking you can rely on Turkey.

Türkiye. Stop deadnaming. :colbert:

Fat-Lip-Sum-41.mp3
Nov 15, 2003

speng31b posted:

pyf genocide denial

white genocide

Frosted Flake
Sep 13, 2011

Semper Shitpost Ubique

Majorian seems to have gotten much cooler in the intervening 10 years, did something happen?

PiratePrentice
Oct 29, 2022

by Hand Knit
We weren't all 40 year old war nerds 10 years ago, lots of people were somewhat younger liberals or (in my case) left-Communists, which is only slightly better lol

PiratePrentice has issued a correction as of 18:36 on Jan 1, 2023

AnimeIsTrash
Jun 30, 2018

Frosted Flake posted:

Majorian seems to have gotten much cooler in the intervening 10 years, did something happen?

yes but its still a funny post

some plague rats
Jun 5, 2012

by Fluffdaddy

Lib and let die posted:

They called you a mod?

hosed up. Chain probe into oblivion.

The really offensive part is he called me an american

some plague rats
Jun 5, 2012

by Fluffdaddy

AnimeIsTrash posted:

lmfao hootington was right

what???

tristeham
Jul 31, 2022

some plague rats posted:

you should destroy him imo

some plague rats
Jun 5, 2012

by Fluffdaddy

tristeham posted:

you should destroy him imo

I mean in fairness he did give me some great ideas for new threads

CRAZY KNUCKLES FAN
Aug 12, 2022

by Fluffdaddy

some plague rats posted:

Lol give him a 2 week vacation for fun jokes

indigi
Jul 20, 2004

how can we not talk about family
when family's all that we got?
can anyone explain what the holodomor even is anymore? people use the term Willy nilly, it's the new gaslighting

indigi
Jul 20, 2004

how can we not talk about family
when family's all that we got?

Homeless Friend posted:

my fav cspam genocide drama is easily rguy's position being the position of the UN years later lmfao. slow cooked to perfection

what was this story

Frosted Flake
Sep 13, 2011

Semper Shitpost Ubique

indigi posted:

can anyone explain what the holodomor even is anymore? people use the term Willy nilly, it's the new gaslighting

The Thing that made doing the Holocaust not only good but self-defence.

Grimnarsson
Sep 4, 2018

indigi posted:

It is confusing sometimes in that is the Holodomor the specifically Ukrainian portion of the Soviet Union wide famine in 1931-33 or does it refer to the whole famine? Often it seems that the way the term is used it refers to the famine in Ukraine in such a way that there wasn't a famine elsewhere in the USSR while also counting the deaths from all across the USSR as having been Ukrainians in Ukraine. I have no problem with Ukrainians commemorating the famine as it affected them but an international recognition should include all the victims.

PiratePrentice
Oct 29, 2022

by Hand Knit

Grimnarsson posted:

It is confusing sometimes in that is the Holodomor the specifically Ukrainian portion of the Soviet Union wide famine in 1931-33 or does it refer to the whole famine? Often it seems that the way the term is used it refers to the famine in Ukraine in such a way that there wasn't a famine elsewhere in the USSR while also counting the deaths from all across the USSR as having been Ukrainians in Ukraine. I have no problem with Ukrainians commemorating the famine as it affected them but an international recognition should include all the victims.

it's literally just a nazi conspiracy theory that we are forced to engage with because we live in a white supremacist empire that not only inspired the nazis but also accepted a shitload of them into our political, scientific, and military apparatuses

a bunch of ukrainians starved during the worldwide famine at the time, aid was sent to them by the rest of the USSR but people were starving everywhere and it wasn't enough to save everyone

e: wait this is the thread for discussing how the holodomor definitely happened.

it definitely happened, disregard the previous

PiratePrentice has issued a correction as of 22:18 on Jan 1, 2023

Dixon Chisholm
Jan 2, 2020

Grimnarsson posted:

its when stalin lined up 100 million ukrainians and ran them over with a steamroller

Orange Devil
Oct 1, 2010

Wullie's reign cannae smother the flames o' equality!

Frosted Flake posted:

The Thing that made doing the Holocaust not only good but self-defence.

Unfortunate but necessary.

Orange Devil
Oct 1, 2010

Wullie's reign cannae smother the flames o' equality!

Dixon Chisholm posted:

its when stalin lined up 100 million ukrainians and ran them over with a steamroller

That's the Rollodomor.

i say swears online
Mar 4, 2005

rolled o'er 'em more

some plague rats
Jun 5, 2012

by Fluffdaddy

Dixon Chisholm posted:

It took nine years. His greatest work. What a sense of duty the man had

AnimeIsTrash
Jun 30, 2018

how about a holodomor but for indians

vikramodor

Dixon Chisholm
Jan 2, 2020

AnimeIsTrash posted:

how about a holodomor but for indians

vikramodor

churchhill heard your call echo through time

Dixon Chisholm
Jan 2, 2020
putting millions of ukrainians in school buses and crushing them with gravedigger and bigfoot

redneck nazgul
Apr 25, 2013

Dixon Chisholm posted:

putting millions of ukrainians in school buses and crushing them with gravedigger and bigfoot

it got stalin a seat at the UN but he only needed the edge

i say swears online
Mar 4, 2005

redneck nazgul posted:

it got stalin a seat at the UN but he only needed the edge

lmfao

some plague rats
Jun 5, 2012

by Fluffdaddy
THIS WEEKEND ONLY, ITS THE HOLODOMOR domor domor

World War Mammories
Aug 25, 2006