Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

BrainDance
May 8, 2007

Disco all night long!

People keep saying they're inferior where is any evidence they're substantially inferior?

I don't know I'm not an immunologist but people say they're inferior but then the data people post shows a full course of 3 shots being close enough that it seems like splitting hairs.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Imperialist Dog
Oct 21, 2008

"I think you could better spend your time on finishing your editing before the deadline today."
\
:backtowork:
https://news.rthk.hk/rthk/en/component/k2/1623289-20211208.htm

Biontech gives you great protection first dose, Sinovac you'll need 3.

HK gov originally was going to keep the manufacturer secret so you wouldn't know which one you would get, which predictably lowered confidence even further

Herstory Begins Now
Aug 5, 2003
SOME REALLY TEDIOUS DUMB SHIT THAT SUCKS ASS TO READ ->>

BrainDance posted:

People keep saying they're inferior where is any evidence they're substantially inferior?

I don't know I'm not an immunologist but people say they're inferior but then the data people post shows a full course of 3 shots being close enough that it seems like splitting hairs.

it's more that the evidence that they're equal is pretty thin and decidedly not neutral. still i think it's kinda immaterial precisely where they stack up when the failing at hand isn't related to vaccine efficacy, it's related to vaccine policy.

Grand Fromage
Jan 30, 2006

L-l-look at you bar-bartender, a-a pa-pathetic creature of meat and bone, un-underestimating my l-l-liver's ability to metab-meTABolize t-toxins. How can you p-poison a perfect, immortal alcohOLIC?

There's also no bivalent or just omicron-focused version, at this point both the Chinese and original mRNA vaccines are fairly ineffective since they're vaccinating for a disease strain which no longer exists.

Who knows when they'll start doing omicron boosts. The US offered to send vaccines but China refused. Face much more important than people's lives.

Okuteru
Nov 10, 2007

Choose this life you're on your own

Grand Fromage posted:

There's also no bivalent or just omicron-focused version, at this point both the Chinese and original mRNA vaccines are fairly ineffective since they're vaccinating for a disease strain which no longer exists.

Who knows when they'll start doing omicron boosts. The US offered to send vaccines but China refused. Face much more important than people's lives.

There is Paxlovid available, but you need to be over 60 (or a well connected party member).

Grand Fromage
Jan 30, 2006

L-l-look at you bar-bartender, a-a pa-pathetic creature of meat and bone, un-underestimating my l-l-liver's ability to metab-meTABolize t-toxins. How can you p-poison a perfect, immortal alcohOLIC?

Yeah Korea and Japan are restricting Paxlovid to olds only too. It's dumb as poo poo.

BrainDance
May 8, 2007

Disco all night long!

Imperialist Dog posted:

Biontech gives you great protection first dose, Sinovac you'll need 3.

Yeah but, Sinovac is a 3 dose vaccine. You get the 3 doses.

That seems like saying "ibuprofen is an inferior NSAID if you take 50mg of it compared to 500mg acetaminophen"

Criss-cross
Jun 14, 2022

by Fluffdaddy

BrainDance posted:

Yeah but, Sinovac is a 3 dose vaccine. You get the 3 doses.

That seems like saying "ibuprofen is an inferior NSAID if you take 50mg of it compared to 500mg acetaminophen"

It's a two-dose vaccine, though. Seems your weird comparison doesn't make any sense at all!

ninjoatse.cx
Apr 9, 2005

Fun Shoe

BrainDance posted:

I posted the study on the last page. Does everyone have me on ignore

GoutPatrol
Oct 17, 2009

*Stupid Babby*

ninjoatse.cx posted:

yes

McGavin
Sep 18, 2012

Please don't quote people on my ignore list, :thanks:

Devils Affricate
Jan 22, 2010

BrainDance posted:

Pretty sure there was a study done on this. Anyone got the link?

BrainDance
May 8, 2007

Disco all night long!

Criss-cross posted:

It's a two-dose vaccine, though. Seems your weird comparison doesn't make any sense at all!

I don't know why you're being a dick, like ok sorry like I said I'm not an immunologist, which is why I was asking. I just know that Sinovac was pushed here as something you get 3 shots of.

If you have trouble with that comparison, I don't know what to tell you. It was not hard to read.

You take more ibuprofen than that... Just like you don't get just 1 shot of any of the vaccines.

ninjoatse.cx posted:

Yeah I had looked at it, and that's part of why I was thinking that, cuz the study says "Three doses of either vaccine offered very high levels of protection against severe or fatal outcomes" and the charts seemed to basically show both of the vaccines they studied were really/near equally effective at stopping people from dying at 3 shots, which is what I figured mattered.

BrainDance fucked around with this message at 05:20 on Jan 1, 2023

Devils Affricate
Jan 22, 2010
Pretty sure Criss-cross was just goofing around

Empty Sandwich
Apr 22, 2008

goatse mugs
a fine video from the OSHA thread:

PurpleXVI posted:

Found on Discord, had to upload it to youtube since it's just slightly too long for Imgur.

Enjoy an exciting new experiment in chicken preparation.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Df_h1HIqNdQ

snergle
Aug 3, 2013

A kind little mouse!

the prc's sadism knows no bounds. you starve china of games then release gwent!? gross

kind of suprised they didnt get the league card game its decent depending on meta but they correct poo poo metas fast enough and tencent owns like 90% of riot or some poo poo.

snergle fucked around with this message at 01:11 on Jan 2, 2023

Booty Pageant
Apr 20, 2012
the latest western tcm i am hearing about is taking pepcid to prevent the cytokene storm

Methylethylaldehyde
Oct 23, 2004

BAKA BAKA

Booty Pageant posted:

the latest western tcm i am hearing about is taking pepcid to prevent the cytokene storm

It's not TCM unless it comes from the Chinese region of Taiwan, otherwise it's sparkling nonsense.

Porfiriato
Jan 4, 2016

Empty Sandwich posted:

a fine video from the OSHA thread:

Lol A+ attempted repurposing of a popcorn cannon.

https://youtu.be/XbbROe8xOZQ

Booty Pageant
Apr 20, 2012

Methylethylaldehyde posted:

It's not TCM unless it comes from the Chinese region of Taiwan, otherwise it's sparkling nonsense.

but what if the paper has all chinese names attached??? :thunk:

Methylethylaldehyde
Oct 23, 2004

BAKA BAKA

Booty Pageant posted:

but what if the paper has all chinese names attached??? :thunk:

Is a wine French if it's made in Australia, but the vineyard is called Chateau De Cul?

Booty Pageant
Apr 20, 2012

Methylethylaldehyde posted:

Is a wine French if it's made in Australia, but the vineyard is called Chateau De Cul?

it's french for whoever can't read product of australia

Marcade
Jun 11, 2006

Who are you to glizzy gobble El Vago's marshmussy?

Sounds like a vin/vin situation to me.

Ghostlight
Sep 25, 2009

maybe for one second you can pause; try to step into another person's perspective, and understand that a watermelon is cursing me

Booty Pageant posted:

it's french for whoever can't read product of australia
oh so it's intended for domestic consumption

WarpedNaba
Feb 8, 2012

Being social makes me swell!

Marcade posted:

Sounds like a vin/vin situation to me.

I want to harm you.

Nam Taf
Jun 25, 2005

I am Fat Man, hear me roar!

That reminds me of the “south eastern Australian” wine that the really bougie Wanda hotel I used to stay in had laying around in their restaurant. I assume it was just the blended dregs of whatever mega-wineries they could buy on the cheap, sold under some arbitrary brand.

eSports Chaebol
Feb 22, 2005

Yeah, actually, gamers in the house forever,
gently caress it, I wanna try the gutter wine

Grand Fromage
Jan 30, 2006

Great Wall is the worst wine I've ever had. Truly vile. Grape kool-aid with enough sugar in it to make a spoon stand up would be less sweet.

Shumagorath
Jun 6, 2001

Porfiriato posted:

how the gently caress is that legal

Megillah Gorilla
Sep 22, 2003

If only all of life's problems could be solved by smoking a professor of ancient evil texts.

Bread Liar
Because assploded popcorn is loving amazing.

BrassRoots
Jan 9, 2012

You can play a shoestring if you're sincere - John Coltrane

eSports Chaebol posted:

gently caress it, I wanna try the gutter wine

Australia also commits the mortal sin, they put metabisulphite into the vino. Gives me a loving headache.

vanity slug
Jul 20, 2010

Jiayang Fan wrote a good article on wineries in China: https://www.newyorker.com/magazine/2018/03/12/can-wine-transform-chinas-countryside
There's actually some decent stuff but all you'll usually get is Great Wall

LordArgh
Mar 17, 2009

Nap Ghost

Grand Fromage posted:

Great Wall is the worst wine I've ever had. Truly vile. Grape kool-aid with enough sugar in it to make a spoon stand up would be less sweet.

there should be a wine brand called grape wall of china

Kharnifex
Sep 11, 2001

The Banter is better in AusGBS

BrassRoots posted:

Australia also commits the mortal sin, they put metabisulphite into the vino. Gives me a loving headache.

It could be the egg, fish, nuts etc as well? nah...

Empty Sandwich
Apr 22, 2008

goatse mugs

Porfiriato posted:

thank you! I was wondering what the gently caress that device was for.

Nam Taf posted:

That reminds me of the “south eastern Australian” wine that the really bougie Wanda hotel I used to stay in had laying around in their restaurant.

there's a short Python bit on Australian table wines that I listened to a lot as a kid:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=RbOZccv9ym8&t=12s

I was really surprised to learn that Wagga Wagga is a real place

ninjoatse.cx
Apr 9, 2005

Fun Shoe

Empty Sandwich posted:

:same:

Tree Bucket
Apr 1, 2016

R.I.P.idura leucophrys

Empty Sandwich posted:

It's the next town over from where I live. It has 70k people, which in Australian terms is a city and in Chinese terms is a village

McGavin
Sep 18, 2012

The US has Walla Walla, so I don't understand why Wagga Wagga is so farfetched.

Nigmaetcetera
Nov 17, 2004

borkborkborkmorkmorkmork-gabbalooins

McGavin posted:

The US has Walla Walla, so I don't understand why Wagga Wagga is so farfetched.

Ours has onions, yours has werewolves. YES WE REMEMBER THOSE BOOKS WHAT MAKES YOU WE'D FORGET!?

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

McGavin
Sep 18, 2012

Nigmaetcetera posted:

Ours has onions, yours has werewolves. YES WE REMEMBER THOSE BOOKS WHAT MAKES YOU WE'D FORGET!?

Canada would never name a place something that stupid. :lofty::canada: