Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Milo and POTUS
Sep 3, 2017

I will not shut up about the Mighty Morphin Power Rangers. I talk about them all the time and work them into every conversation I have. I built a shrine in my room for the yellow one who died because sadly no one noticed because she died around 9/11. Wanna see it?

No :(
That's what google thought too

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

meme
Oct 7, 2009

But it's a pretty good way to get someone to spend money on buying you an av and sig. Maybe I should be really obnoxious and get an upgrade myself

Moral of the story: be careful what you wish for.

You are welcome.
A blog called something like “My last acid trip” where people shared their experiences with drugs and psychedelics up until they decided they’d gotten everything from them they needed, or had dealt with personal issues that caused them to need drugs, or something.

I swear it existed, I found it when I was like 15, had just started smoking weed and was looking up stuff about drugs

Dr. Quarex
Apr 18, 2003

I'M A BIG DORK WHO POSTS TOO MUCH ABOUT CONVENTIONS LOOK AT THIS

TOVA TOVA TOVA
If it is not Enigma it is Deep Forest and if it is not Deep Forest it is MYTHICAL

Not really but man chanting and minimalist electronic grooves are a very small subset of pre-2005ish-music

JediTalentAgent
Jun 5, 2005
Hey, look. Look, if- if you screw me on this, I shall become more powerful than you can possibly imagine, you rat bastard!

F_Shit_Fitzgerald posted:

I'm not sure if this exists or not: when I was a fairly young kid (early '90s), I remember watching a concert of the Boston Pops or something like that on the TV where they did the 'Typewriter Song'. I could swear that there was a live picture-in-picture screenshot of someone playing Tetris, but I've never managed to find any evidence of this.

If you search Youtube, one of the first videos that pop up is a concert of Tetris music with live gameplay of Tetris, but I don't think this is what I remember; it's too recent.

Not Tetris, but is this it?
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=DqiGWAGdHSA&t=875s

Arivia
Mar 17, 2011

Dr. Quarex posted:

If it is not Enigma it is Deep Forest and if it is not Deep Forest it is MYTHICAL

Not really but man chanting and minimalist electronic grooves are a very small subset of pre-2005ish-music

Other ideas: Single Gun Theory, Dead Can Dance remixes, early Delerium

Picayune
Feb 26, 2007

cannot be unseen
Taco Defender

Milo and POTUS posted:

No :(
That's what google thought too

This made me think of Era, although, yeah, hard to say.

Umbra
Jul 9, 2003
Sweet Sassy Molassy.

Mustached5thGrader posted:

I saw some hbo movie or something as a young teen about an unexpected house guest who seduces the whole family. It wasn’t a soft core, it was a thriller. Dude was a redhead and I imagine him looking like the redhead dweeb from American psycho. There was a scene where he’s in the hot tub with the family’s son?

Could be the movie The Guest? Don't remember a hot tub scene though, but it's been awhile.

https://www.imdb.com/title/tt2980592/

Milo and POTUS
Sep 3, 2017

I will not shut up about the Mighty Morphin Power Rangers. I talk about them all the time and work them into every conversation I have. I built a shrine in my room for the yellow one who died because sadly no one noticed because she died around 9/11. Wanna see it?
gonna take a crack at an artist or maybe an album name. Kinda vaguely classical languages sounding like lyceum or something. This is not the metal band, just what I kinda sorta remember from eons ago. Somewhere in that ballpark

Raluek
Nov 3, 2006

WUT.
was it E.S. Posthumous, whose first album is Unearthed, and each track on that album is a name of an ancient city?

not all of the tracks are super chant-y, but some of the other details fit

Raluek fucked around with this message at 12:04 on Jan 1, 2023

Arivia
Mar 17, 2011

Milo and POTUS posted:

gonna take a crack at an artist or maybe an album name. Kinda vaguely classical languages sounding like lyceum or something. This is not the metal band, just what I kinda sorta remember from eons ago. Somewhere in that ballpark

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Lycia_(band) maybe?

Milo and POTUS
Sep 3, 2017

Frayed knot. God it's frustrating how many songs you forget in your life or hear just the once and never find out their provenance

blinkeve1826
Jul 26, 2005

WELCOME TO THE NEW DEATH
I don’t know it’d be any of these but a few possibilities from my own dalliances with the genre around the same time:

-Adiemus, most known for their song of the same name that was featured in the Pure Moods CD commercials that were constantly on Nickelodeon in the late 90s for whatever reason. Composer of Karl Jenkins is behind Adiemus and worth a listen as well
-My first guess was E Nomine though I feel like the German chanting/Latin choral bits would’ve been memorable if it was them
-Era was already mentioned but seconding them, they often came up as mislabeled “E Nomine” tracks during my searches for the latter
-“L or A” made me think, maybe Lesiem—their track Fundamentum was making the rounds on Limewire/Kazaa/etc. around that time
-Other unlikely but still possibilities include Magna Canta, Lacrimosa, and Imperio

Dewgy posted:

Just thought of a new one! Right before the pandemic and shortly into it, I was getting this really good Korean soy sauce from my local grocery store, good enough that I went through two big bottles of it relatively quickly, and then they stopped stocking it.

The name wasn’t in English, I know it was Korean, and it had a red label with some kind of little cartoon shrine kid on it. (He had a rope headband on, so I think it was a shrine kid anyway.)

Only other notable quality I remember was it had stevia extract in it, which was kind of surprising, but it did have a weird kind of sweetness to it which makes sense.

Is this on the right track? https://www.sempio.com/market/ganjang/12
샘표 (pronounced “Sempyo”) has red label soy sauce but not sure about the rest. Can you remember anything else about it? What the bottle or label looked like, etc.?
Edit: The ingredients do indeed include stevia, this is probably it!

blinkeve1826 fucked around with this message at 13:08 on Jan 1, 2023

Mustached5thGrader
Oct 1, 2011

My mother won't let me grow a goatee.

Umbra posted:

Could be the movie The Guest? Don't remember a hot tub scene though, but it's been awhile.

https://www.imdb.com/title/tt2980592/

Probably would be more helpful if I listed a year. This was the late 90s maybe early 2000s

Milo and POTUS
Sep 3, 2017

blinkeve1826 posted:

I don’t know it’d be any of these but a few possibilities from my own dalliances with the genre around the same time:

-Adiemus, most known for their song of the same name that was featured in the Pure Moods CD commercials that were constantly on Nickelodeon in the late 90s for whatever reason. Composer of Karl Jenkins is behind Adiemus and worth a listen as well
-My first guess was E Nomine though I feel like the German chanting/Latin choral bits would’ve been memorable if it was them
-Era was already mentioned but seconding them, they often came up as mislabeled “E Nomine” tracks during my searches for the latter
-“L or A” made me think, maybe Lesiem—their track Fundamentum was making the rounds on Limewire/Kazaa/etc. around that time
-Other unlikely but still possibilities include Magna Canta, Lacrimosa, and Imperio

샘표 (pronounced “Sempyo”) has red label soy sauce but not sure about the rest. Can you remember anything else about it? What the bottle or label looked like, etc.?

I'm pretty sure it was lesiem. Thanks. God what a weird thing to remember out of nowhere

Dewgy
Nov 10, 2005

~🚚special delivery~📦

blinkeve1826 posted:

Not the same brand unfortunately, but if I come across this I’ll give it a shot, it sounds good anyway!

E: I’m about 95% sure it’s this brand but not the low sodium version:

Double E: It’s Assi brand soy sauce, it’s considered cheap garbage, and they changed the label recently I think. Happy new year! :toot:

Dewgy fucked around with this message at 19:29 on Jan 1, 2023

Gasmask
Apr 27, 2003

And if thou gaze long into an abyss, the abyss will also gaze into thee
Looking for a video I think made by a goon where he narrated and animated penis enlargement spam he received.

I think it started with him sitting at his computer and yelling ‘reveal your secrets!’ at it. It then used phrases such as ‘are you ready for MEGADICKS’ and contained some of the weird non sequitur stuff that was common in spam back in the day.

F_Shit_Fitzgerald
Feb 2, 2017

I'm not sure, actually. That's interesting! It doesn't ring any bells but it could be something I watched when I was a kid. Do you know when it aired?

torgo
Aug 13, 2003

Fun Shoe

Gasmask posted:

Looking for a video I think made by a goon where he narrated and animated penis enlargement spam he received.

I think it started with him sitting at his computer and yelling ‘reveal your secrets!’ at it. It then used phrases such as ‘are you ready for MEGADICKS’ and contained some of the weird non sequitur stuff that was common in spam back in the day.

Mildly :nws: for giant cartoon penis
Email Cartoon

I think you are also remembering parts of another cartoon they made. It involved various dildos, including a giant dildo rocket called Dongpocalypse. I can't seem to find that one.

Gasmask
Apr 27, 2003

And if thou gaze long into an abyss, the abyss will also gaze into thee

torgo posted:

Mildly :nws: for giant cartoon penis
Email Cartoon

I think you are also remembering parts of another cartoon they made. It involved various dildos, including a giant dildo rocket called Dongpocalypse. I can't seem to find that one.

Yes that’s the one awesome thank you!

JediTalentAgent
Jun 5, 2005
Hey, look. Look, if- if you screw me on this, I shall become more powerful than you can possibly imagine, you rat bastard!

F_Shit_Fitzgerald posted:

I'm not sure, actually. That's interesting! It doesn't ring any bells but it could be something I watched when I was a kid. Do you know when it aired?

I think 1994-1995.

It's possible the Tetris footage might have been used in place of the Penn and Teller game footage at some point for one reason or another. (Concerns of PBS showing blowing up cartoon rabbits from the Penn and Teller game, for example.) A PIP version of someone playing Tetris over some unused orchestra footage might have been a quick fix and kept the 'video game' angle.

Arsenic Lupin
Apr 12, 2012

This particularly rapid💨 unintelligible 😖patter💁 isn't generally heard🧏‍♂️, and if it is🤔, it doesn't matter💁.

The wineglass on the left came with the house, and I love it. I've broken two, and I want to buy more, but it's vintage. 5 1/4" high, hollow stem, and the grape design is pressed glass, not cut glass.

The tumbler on the right has a story. On our honeymoon in 1981, we dropped by the first Dansk outlet we'd ever seen. It had these plastic tumblers 9cm/3.5in high. They came in one of two colors, a deep blue-purple or clear. You can see that they have facets pressed into them. We went back to that outlet about once a year, and we bought more and more. Then Dansk stopped carrying them/making them. What with time passing, we have only one that's still usable. Can anybody figure out the search terms to find it?

Thank you, thank you.

Hirayuki
Mar 28, 2010

Arsenic Lupin posted:

The tumbler on the right has a story. On our honeymoon in 1981, we dropped by the first Dansk outlet we'd ever seen. It had these plastic tumblers 9cm/3.5in high. They came in one of two colors, a deep blue-purple or clear. You can see that they have facets pressed into them. We went back to that outlet about once a year, and we bought more and more. Then Dansk stopped carrying them/making them. What with time passing, we have only one that's still usable. Can anybody figure out the search terms to find it?
I have good news and bad news...

https://tenondesign.com/products/four-vintage-dansk-skal-lowball-glasses-by-gunnar-cyren

Arsenic Lupin
Apr 12, 2012

This particularly rapid💨 unintelligible 😖patter💁 isn't generally heard🧏‍♂️, and if it is🤔, it doesn't matter💁.

Good find! I would actually have paid that, the glasses are so drat good. I've set up "Dansk lowball glass" as a saved search on ebay, thank you for the link.

Hirayuki
Mar 28, 2010

Arsenic Lupin posted:

Good find! I would actually have paid that, the glasses are so drat good. I've set up "Dansk lowball glass" as a saved search on ebay, thank you for the link.
"Skal" and "Gunnar Cyren" might help, too. Good luck--they're very nice!

HelloIAmYourHeart
Dec 29, 2008
Fallen Rib
If you are on facebook, I suggest posting the wineglass in the group "ATOMIC LIVING: Mid-Century Modern Madness of the Atomic Age". Those people are scary good at identifying glassware.

Arsenic Lupin
Apr 12, 2012

But the wineglass isn't midcentury modern?

HelloIAmYourHeart
Dec 29, 2008
Fallen Rib
There's a lot of general vintage-y stuff in there.

Hell, there's probably another group specifically for vintage glassware.

Sweaty IT Nerd
Jul 13, 2007

I used to get a Viet yellow curry powder that had whole bay leaves in there. I think they changed the recipe but I don't read Viet so I never knew what it was called.

Kosmo Gallion
Sep 13, 2013
Around 2002 or so I was very much into slasher films like Halloween and Friday the 13th. I would read a lot of fan written scripts, most of which were really bad. But there was one Halloween script that I remember being really good. It had a subtitle like a Silent Hill game, something like Halloween: Shattered Memories, but not that. The script was a basic Halloween slasher but the twist came towards the end when Michael Myers used a gun to shoot somebody, revealing that it wasn't Michael under the mask but a crooked female news reporter named Autumn who was looking to restart the murders in Haddonfield and get the exclusive. Eventually the real Michael turned up and killed her.

I may have downloaded it off Kazaa or Limewire because I was using them at the time. It's also possible it was hosted on FridayThe13thFilms.com because there used to be a pretty decent community around that website.

mr_mojo
Mar 12, 2005

Kosmo Gallion posted:

Around 2002 or so I was very much into slasher films like Halloween and Friday the 13th. I would read a lot of fan written scripts, most of which were really bad. But there was one Halloween script that I remember being really good. It had a subtitle like a Silent Hill game, something like Halloween: Shattered Memories, but not that. The script was a basic Halloween slasher but the twist came towards the end when Michael Myers used a gun to shoot somebody, revealing that it wasn't Michael under the mask but a crooked female news reporter named Autumn who was looking to restart the murders in Haddonfield and get the exclusive. Eventually the real Michael turned up and killed her.

I may have downloaded it off Kazaa or Limewire because I was using them at the time. It's also possible it was hosted on FridayThe13thFilms.com because there used to be a pretty decent community around that website.

Got to be this: https://www.simplyscripts.com/scripts/PastTenseOriginal.pdf

Kosmo Gallion
Sep 13, 2013

That's it. I remember the title. Thank you so much for finding it.

Camo Guitar
Jul 15, 2009
A catalogue of Citadel Miniatures from the late 80s early 90s. I used to buy the lead miniatures from Mind Games in Melbourne CBD Aus and I'd love to look back on them (and I'm secretly hoping someone has recreated the range with printable .stl files now)

yaffle
Sep 15, 2002

Flapdoodle

Camo Guitar posted:

A catalogue of Citadel Miniatures from the late 80s early 90s. I used to buy the lead miniatures from Mind Games in Melbourne CBD Aus and I'd love to look back on them (and I'm secretly hoping someone has recreated the range with printable .stl files now)
Like this? http://www.solegends.com/citcat1989/cat1989p000-02.htm
I have a print catalogue from around that time.

I'm looking for the name of a very high end piece of image manipulation software that pre-dates photoshop - as I recall it was a hardware/software bundle - a custom built computer that only ran this software.

Deep Glove Bruno
Sep 4, 2015

yung swamp thang

yaffle posted:

I'm looking for the name of a very high end piece of image manipulation software that pre-dates photoshop - as I recall it was a hardware/software bundle - a custom built computer that only ran this software.

you thinking of silicon graphics aka SGI?

yaffle
Sep 15, 2002

Flapdoodle

Deep Glove Bruno posted:

I don't think so, this was just for 2d stuff. (I might be wrong).

Sweaty IT Nerd
Jul 13, 2007

Deep Glove Bruno posted:

That was my first thought too.

Snowglobe of Doom
Mar 30, 2012

sucks to be right

Camo Guitar posted:

Oh poo poo I used to hang out in that exact Mind Games store back in the 90s as well. I also used to get the MilSims mailorder catalogues which were pretty great and had a lot of illustrations, if someone has uploaded scans of those they'd have a lot of what you're looking for plus a whole lot more

E: there's some miniature painting threads in the Trad Games subforum, they might be able to help you out

Camo Guitar
Jul 15, 2009

yaffle posted:

I may have the dates wrong - I'm looking for the non GW based stuff that Citadel used to cast - usually one piece complete with base (sometimes square, sometimes oval depending on the model, all metal and no plastic to slot into)
From memory they came in a translucent bag with a blue cardboard piece and staple up top, not the foam backed GW stuff.

Edit: These were all generic minis like wood elves, ghouls, pirates, the occasional space stuff etc.

Snowglobe of Doom
Mar 30, 2012

sucks to be right

Camo Guitar posted:

From memory they came in a translucent bag with a blue cardboard piece and staple up top, not the foam backed GW stuff.

Dang that's some real oldskool stuff, they stopped using baggies and started using blister packs around 1982

https://www.collecting-citadel-miniatures.com/wiki/index.php/Packaging

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Camo Guitar
Jul 15, 2009

Snowglobe of Doom posted:

Dang that's some real oldskool stuff, they stopped using baggies and started using blister packs around 1982

https://www.collecting-citadel-miniatures.com/wiki/index.php/Packaging

Holy poo poo - I was born in 80 and didn't start getting into these until 87 or so when you could still buy them in baggies (they had a great wall of them). I still remember them being available at one shop when I took to a solo trip to Adelaide and that would have been early 2000s.
Unless I'm thinking of a different company but the Citadel logo definitely strikes a chord. Hmm..

Edit: After delving down the rabbit hole that is the Lost Mini Wiki, it looks like I'm confusing things with Inqusition Minis which were made here in Australia. Sold in baggies from the early 90s with both blue and yellow cardboard tops. I've found a few that I owned back in the team - pretty rough by today's standards but what a Flashback!

Got there in the end, thanks Goons!

Camo Guitar fucked around with this message at 10:21 on Jan 6, 2023