Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.
(Thread IKs: Captain Foo)
How do you feel about Archnemesis mods on rares?
Incredibly fun, I love them!
They're alright
Needs more work
Almost as much fun as shoving a red hot nail under my fingernail
Other (post below)
View Results

KirbyKhan
Mar 20, 2009

Soiled Meat
This league was a good league to Chaos recipe, the league mechanic is very stingy with actual low level currency rewards. Like running 8 maps to get a chance at 6 chaos, bad value. I skipped the chaos recipe league start chore and I was starving for orbs during that first week. Harvest was a good league for chaos recipe, I remember it was handy for the crafting mechanic. But I think the side mechanics like delve and heist just popcorn currency out the wazoo.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

KirbyKhan
Mar 20, 2009

Soiled Meat
But I dunno, fiddling with valuable things to sell is a mugs game. I sold one thing this league so far. I've got a growing bundle of things that tft would take, but ugh that's so much clicking and I already have enough player power to do the thing I wanna do.

Herstory Begins Now
Aug 5, 2003
SOME REALLY TEDIOUS DUMB SHIT THAT SUCKS ASS TO READ ->>
I have sold zero items this league and it owns

Drakyn
Dec 26, 2012

An oddly large amount of my cash this league so far has come from slapping '~10c' on my entire uniques tab. Just a steady trickle of change mixed with the odd big lucky strike of selling something I know for a fact I'll never use.
Also I'm now up to 2.3k intellect and am hoping soon I'll hit an inflection point where CoCh Whispering Ice deals enough damage in Sanctum that it won't matter that it obscures everything within 400 feet of me. I still haven't won a run because of that.
...and because I'm bad at sanctum.
...and because 'every time you get an affliction, get a random affliction' is a little too spicy even for "get 100 inspiration when you get an affliction.' Going through random doors with 30% faster monsters that can't be slowed can gently caress you up fast if you're not very good i.e. me. Blew through like 900 inspiration in three rooms and died on the room before the floor 4 boss.

goferchan
Feb 8, 2004

It's 2006. I am taking 276 yeti furs from the goodies hoard.
My rule is that if I misclick and pick up some random rare then maybe God wanted me to have it and I should ID it just to be sure (it's never good)

Big Mad Drongo
Nov 10, 2006

You miss all the mirror-tier ilvl78 rings you don't ID!

whypick1
Dec 18, 2009

Just another jackass on the Internet
You never know if that item on the ground might be worthy of a "Dang yo" until you ID it.

facepalmolive
Jan 29, 2009
Also open every tiny chest on the ground; you miss all the shots at the I-picked-up-a-mirror-from-a-chest that you don't take!

Second Hand Meat Mouth
Sep 12, 2001

facepalmolive posted:

Also open every tiny chest on the ground; you miss all the shots at the I-picked-up-a-mirror-from-a-chest that you don't take!

ya if I think about a chest at all I have to go open it so I try to pretend they don't exist

Stux
Nov 17, 2006

https://i.imgur.com/OiXD5ig.mp4
:greencube:

Umbreon
May 21, 2011

This is exactly how I found my first and only div orb.

McFrugal
Oct 11, 2003

Fister Roboto posted:

Alright here's a POE syntax puzzle for you: how do Sidhebreath, Mark of the Red Covenant, and Melee Splash Support interact?

Sidhebreath: Minions deal no non-cold damage
Mark of the Red Covenant: Raging Spirits deal fire-only splash damage
Melee Splash: Melee attacks deal splash damage

My interpretation is that MotRC allows the skulls do fire splash damage, but it doesn't prevent them from doing splash damage of other damage types. If that's true, then by combining all three they should be able to do cold splash damage, right?

SRS converts 100% phys to fire.
Sidhebreath converts 50% phys to cold.
Mark of the Red Covenant allows fire damage to splash.
Melee Splash is its own splash effect, which allows all damage to splash.
These all happen, but the conversion is above 100% which means the damage percentages have to be reduced to add up to 100%. They are both reduced by 33%, so ~67% to fire,~ 33% to cold.
After conversion, all non-cold damage is then removed due to wearing Sidhebreath.

Then end result is that Mark of the Red Covenant's splash doesn't work since it's fire only and isn't converted to cold, but melee splash works. Unfortunately you're also doing only 33% of SRS's base damage unless you can convert more of that phys to cold. I dunno if MofRC is a good paired with Sidhebreath but I guess if you want less SRS doing more damage it's nice?

...wait, damage conversion on the skill is supposed to always apply at full value. Does SRS have an exception, because the skill doesn't explicitly state the damage conversion?

McFrugal fucked around with this message at 07:14 on Jan 2, 2023

Traitorous Leopard
Jul 20, 2009

facepalmolive posted:

You should actually do this in the Kirac harbinger memory maps that convert all the loot. Idk how the loot conversion works, but it thinks those chests are actually fairly valuable and you get a not-insignificant amount of valuable drops from them. I haven’t run a ton and I’ve actually gotten a 3-stack of fracturing shards from one.

Coincidentally those memories are a fantastic option for low-effort farming and also early league atlas filling

Qwertycoatl
Dec 31, 2008

Fister Roboto posted:

Also speaking of testing, here's something important to keep in mind for Sanctum: when you take an Accursed Pact, the negative part of it is applied first. Normally this isn't an issue, but today I was presented with a pact that gave me a +200 max resolve boon in exchange for -25% max resolve. I had 316 max resolve, so if it was positive first, I would have ended up with 387, and instead I got 437.

Ask me about "Gain 3 random boons"/"You can't gain boons"

Yolomon Wayne
Jun 10, 2014

You call it "The Big Bang", but what really happened is
Grimey Drawer
Do i need a specialized build for the "complete simulacrum" challenge, or is it "just" for 20 waves?

whypick1
Dec 18, 2009

It's 30 waves, and yes. 100% Delirious kicks in at around wave 20, and 80% monster damage reduction and 30% increased monster damage means you need a good mix of offense and defense, especially when both bosses show up to tag team you.

Herstory Begins Now
Aug 5, 2003
SOME REALLY TEDIOUS DUMB SHIT THAT SUCKS ASS TO READ ->>
unless you're playing a particularly strong build that shits on simulacrums or otherwise both has good defense and a shitload of offense, getting an easy wave 30 completion is largely down to rng of not getting a double boss spawn in the last wave or two

Captain Foo
May 11, 2004

we vibin'
we slidin'
we breathin'
we dyin'

whypick1 posted:

You never know if that item on the ground might be worthy of a "Dang yo" until you ID it.

Haha

External Organs
Mar 3, 2006

One time i prank called a bear buildin workshop and said I wanted my mamaws ashes put in a teddy from where she loved them things so well... The woman on the phone did not skip a beat. She just said, "Brang her on down here. We've did it before."
I think it would be extremely funny if they boosted drop rare rolls somehow without telling people

Zmej
Nov 6, 2005

I wish they would reimplement the lucky rolls on talismans and expand it to other drops, like maven invitations or something

nexous
Jan 14, 2003

I just want to be pure
Put the smart loot tag on some rare loot piñatas, which will subsequently never get picked up because lol rares

External Organs
Mar 3, 2006

One time i prank called a bear buildin workshop and said I wanted my mamaws ashes put in a teddy from where she loved them things so well... The woman on the phone did not skip a beat. She just said, "Brang her on down here. We've did it before."
Atlas keystone: Obsessive Wisdom

+10% chance for dropped rares to generate using smart rolls
100% less item quantity
All Items require 40 scrolls of wisdom to identify

DaveWoo
Aug 14, 2004

Fun Shoe

External Organs posted:

Atlas keystone: Obsessive Wisdom

+10% chance for dropped rares to generate using smart rolls
100% less item quantity
All Items require 40 scrolls of wisdom to identify

Serious talk, I would absolutely take significantly reduced item quantity in exchange for "rare items can drop well rolled and identified".

euphronius
Feb 18, 2009

Players: give us smart drops !

Ggg: here is ruthless mode

KirbyKhan
Mar 20, 2009

Soiled Meat

euphronius posted:

No Safe Word
Feb 26, 2005

I still think smart rolls on drops would be a band-aid on the fact that garbage mod tiers shouldn't exist on lvl 86+ items.

"Let me just block all the bad mod pools with fossils so I can get life and +res on this 86 base"
*gets +3 life, +6% cold res*

marshalljim
Mar 6, 2013

yospos
It would not take long for ssf players to notice any significant change to dropped rares.

wemgo
Feb 15, 2007

Herstory Begins Now posted:

I have sold zero items this league and it owns

I have never sold anything (worth less than 5 div/exalt) in this game and im happy as a clam

Erulisse
Feb 12, 2019

A bad poster trying to get better.

euphronius posted:

I'd come back to poe if ruthless had smart loot on for the few shits that do drop.

goferchan
Feb 8, 2004

It's 2006. I am taking 276 yeti furs from the goodies hoard.
I sold some stuff first couple days to like, scrape the chaos together for a Tabula Rasa, but now 25 chaos is about the lowest amount i'd get out of bed for, and I'm not rich by any means (though perhaps I would be if that weren't my policy)

docbeard
Jul 19, 2011

You people are the reason I can't ever buy any useful 1C gear.

Arivia
Mar 17, 2011

docbeard posted:

You people are the reason I can't ever buy any useful 1C gear.

i have a quad tab full of white high level bases and random jewels marked for 1c sell you can have some of those if you want

Yolomon Wayne
Jun 10, 2014

Grimey Drawer
anyone know if skin of the lords keeps the socket colors from skin of the loyal if upgraded?

trying to get into poison srs without getting the goddamn dagger chayula is adamant of not giving me, but i got a grasping mail with 60% minion poison and a skin plus a blessing from a breachstone.
While the grasping mail of course wont link, the skin would be good as it is but even better when upgraded, but then it might gently caress the sockets and/or brick with the keystone.

whypick1
Dec 18, 2009

Wki article on Blessings posted:

Quality, sockets, and socket colours of the initial item will be maintained, as well as any influenced status.

Yolomon Wayne
Jun 10, 2014

Grimey Drawer
Oh thanks, id never have thought to check the blessings entry, just the one for the actual armor.

Carados
Jan 28, 2009

We're a couple, when our bodies double.

Sometimes you shock so hard the enemies do more damage to you.

graynull
Dec 2, 2005

Did I misread all the signs?
If you suffered a severe head injury and decided it would be a wise use of time to try a poison bladestorm build, which acendancy would you gravitate towards? I was considering occultist for some profane bloom to help clear, or perhaps pathfinder for master tox.

totalnewbie
Nov 13, 2005

I was born and raised in China, lived in Japan, and now hold a US passport.

I am wrong in every way, all the damn time.

Ask me about my tattoos.

goferchan posted:

I sold some stuff first couple days to like, scrape the chaos together for a Tabula Rasa, but now 25 chaos is about the lowest amount i'd get out of bed for, and I'm not rich by any means (though perhaps I would be if that weren't my policy)

You're on the right track. My lowest dump tab is now at 39c. My time is valuable!

Mentat Radnor
Apr 24, 2008

~Water flowers every day~
I had 3 stash tabs full of random influenced rares that I scooped up and ID'd after bosses. Blanket listed the tabs at 100c and sold six of them just today. None of them had great rolls, I don't understand why people are paying me for junk but cool.

I've also sold four ilvl 44 unique uncorrupted belts for nearly a divine each, to chumps trying to ancient orb magebloods. My drop luck may suck, but there's money to be found in strange places in this game.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

totalnewbie
Nov 13, 2005

I was born and raised in China, lived in Japan, and now hold a US passport.

I am wrong in every way, all the damn time.

Ask me about my tattoos.

Mentat Radnor posted:

I had 3 stash tabs full of random influenced rares that I scooped up and ID'd after bosses. Blanket listed the tabs at 100c and sold six of them just today. None of them had great rolls, I don't understand why people are paying me for junk but cool.

They're bases for maven or woke orbs.