Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

NotJustANumber99
Feb 15, 2012

somehow that last av was even worse than your posting

Tesseraction posted:

have you tried pulling your head out first to allow space for it to leave

look i dont want to make a big deal out of it but its really not ok to offer unqualified medical advice online

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Only Kindness
Oct 12, 2016

Wizard Master
Mar 25, 2008

What are your blokes thoughts on the NHS crisis with supposedly 500 deaths per week

Comrade Fakename
Feb 13, 2012

Wizard Master posted:

What are your blokes thoughts on the NHS crisis with supposedly 500 deaths per week

Seems bad OP. Though it’s improved by the knowledge that it will probably happen, no one important will die, all the newspapers will downplay it, and it will be absolutely unacceptable and deeply immoral to directly blame any politician for those deaths. Except Jeremy Corbyn.

feedmegin
Jul 30, 2008

Wizard Master posted:

Mostly I think you shouldn't be in this thread with your shtick.

Jedit
Dec 10, 2011

Proudly supporting vanilla legends 1994-2014

Wizard Master posted:

Things are looking up, then? Even excluding COVID, the Tories have averaged more than 26,000 excess deaths a year since 2010. The really hard winter we had in 2016 killed 27,000 all by itself.

Gonzo McFee
Jun 19, 2010

Wizard Master posted:

Wizard. Master.

Surprise T Rex
Apr 9, 2008

Dinosaur Gum
Another goon reporting in with The Cold That’s Going Around.

Started with a bit of a cough and has now progressed to feeling like a balloon is being inflated in my sinuses. Eyes won’t stop streaming and sneezing fits abound. The chesty cough is still pretty rough but manageable.

Father in law had it a while ago and hasn’t managed to shift his cough yet after about 2 months, hoping I can get over this a bit quicker than that tbh.

Diet Crack
Jan 15, 2001

Microplastics posted:

Other symptoms have come and gone - runny nose (was brief), bunged up sinus, feeling cold (most of the time). For 4 of the nights (not in a row) I've woken up in sweats. I didn't even feel hot or cold (just sodden). And for the past two days a disgusting smell&taste (which I can't describe) has pervaded my whole mouth/throat/sinus, like I can somehow smell the virus laden phlegm sitting there, rotting. Nothing gets rid of it, it spoils everything I eat.

Inspect your tonsils and look for any discolouration or white streaks - you may also have some tonsilliths forming and they loving reek. When I get sick I tend to find my mouth gets really dry when sleeping and there will be this film of gross poo poo on the roof of my mouth. This may be what's happening to you but it's getting down the back of your throat and inbetween your teeth and gums. Make sure you floss extensively and use a pick if you have one (the metal hook things dentists use, I highly recommend these)

Everyone should make sure you're taking plenty of Vit C and D during this winter. I get a sneaking suspicion that now all the money has switched hands and we had to save the economy to turbofuck it, there's been so many strain mutations on covid that it's not being detected anymore because no one really loving cares. Transmissions have been continuing all this time and it only really takes one variance of the virus to go from "ah it's managed" to "oh gently caress it's killing everyone" - and if my biology classes taught me anything, it's inherently a good chance for viruses to mutate when infecting. :tinfoil:

Couple that with everyone freezing to death and not getting adequate nutrition because we're too busy lining the pockets of the Lords and Peer cunts of this world and it's not exactly a healthy outlook.

tldr: gently caress this dumb country

Diet Crack fucked around with this message at 14:46 on Jan 2, 2023

Barry Foster
Dec 24, 2007

What is going wrong with that one (face is longer than it should be)
Whatever this thing is, the sheer virulence of it is remarkable. Usually if someone in a household has a cold, it'll get one or two others, maybe. One person brought this in, ten people came out sick.

Anyway I think I'm over the acute part of it, but I'm coughing up a lot of gunk and have a general background malaise that is probably a chest infection, which I'm pretty prone to anyway. My partner, meanwhile, is still in the absolute thick of it.

Stay safe everyone, and take care of yourselves.

OwlFancier
Aug 22, 2013

Me going to work having somehow not caught anything since 2019.

https://i.imgur.com/oJrkRQp.mp4

I have to at some point, I am eventually going to get murdered by something, but either I am getting everything asymptomatically or I have the immune system of a god.

Szmitten
Apr 26, 2008
Conversely, after the household got colds for Christmas the last two years, we seem to be fine this year, even a week after having people round for a change.

Side note, I've been gargling warm saltwater to clean my mouth to fight tonsil stones, but since I've been doing it, every time my parents caught a cold that spread between them (happened at least 2-3 times this year) it completely skipped me every time, when it wuold previously just catch all of us. So yeah, saltwater gargles good, whether tonsils are fine or not.

Microplastics
Jul 6, 2007

:discourse:
It's what's for dinner.

OwlFancier posted:

Me going to work having somehow not caught anything since 2019.

https://i.imgur.com/oJrkRQp.mp4

I feel I now need to visit your place of work to see everyone wearing this uniform

Guavanaut
Nov 27, 2009

Looking At Them Tittys
1969 - 1998

Toilet Rascal
That's just "every English crown court, still" for some reason.

sebzilla
Mar 17, 2009

Kid's blasting everything in sight with that new-fangled musket.

My partner's been ill as poo poo for the past few weeks but I'm pretty much unscathed somehow. Slight throat developing in the past day or two though so maybe this is it, just in time to go back to work.

Deathslinger
Jul 12, 2022

I've lost my voice since NYD so I've had to delay the start of my new job, until I can get better and actually say words

this sucks

Dead Goon
Dec 13, 2002

No Obvious Flaws

My friend has been ill for what seems like a month now, and their partner has been the same for about a week less. I usually pop round for a coffee in the morning before they start work, and I think I might have started to come down with something, maybe?

My hearing in one ear has been terrible since Christmas day, and I feel like my head is underwater, or you know, that feeling you get when you've been swimming, and you get water in your ear? I had a bit of a sore throat last week for a day or two, but that didn't really turn into anything. I feel a bit like Schrödinger's cold, as long as I don't observe or measure, I'll be fine.

Diet Crack
Jan 15, 2001

Funnily enough I had a mild sore throat behind the nose develop yesterday which has evolved into some fluish symptoms like aches and aforementioned swampy head. I don't feel too bad though, but I guess something is really making the rounds now.

Just in time for the NHS to not cope with it after everyone begins developing symptoms post christmas/nye and starts commuting. Fun times.

Microplastics
Jul 6, 2007

It's what's for dinner.
I can't wait for my kid to go back to nursery on Thursday and collect the latest round of diseases from Christmas family mixings

Just kill me now

Lady Gaza
Nov 20, 2008

Microplastics posted:

I can't wait for my kid to go back to nursery on Thursday and collect the latest round of diseases from Christmas family mixings

Just kill me now

I forgot this might happen :(

We’ve all just recovered from the cold/coughs too.

Bobby Deluxe
May 9, 2004

Diet Crack posted:

Funnily enough I had a mild sore throat behind the nose develop yesterday which has evolved into some fluish symptoms like aches and aforementioned swampy head.
Yeah that's how mine started, particularly the sore throat behind the nose thing.

Diet Crack
Jan 15, 2001

It's how I always know I'm getting sick, it always begins with a scratchy sore throat up in the sinuses behind the nose. Then it evolves into coughs, headaches, malaise and the general lurgy feel. Then the aches start, which I have a few of in my shoulders today. Just hoping it doesn't descend down on to the chest is all.

bessantj
Jul 27, 2004

Just been caught in a YouTube Shorts rabbit hole for the last 2 hours. Only started the first vid because it was one of those Alex Jones 40k edits and gently caress me it was a diet of Joe Rogan, Peterson, that Andrew Tate fella and some assorted people with opinions on women. If you listen to these people the only thing men have to offer in a relationship is money and the only thing women have is their virginity. If there are young men out there that agree with these people then really they're calling their own mothers and/or sisters whores.

sebzilla
Mar 17, 2009

Kid's blasting everything in sight with that new-fangled musket.

The co-Leader of the Green Party liked my tweet saying Labour could get in the bin lmao

Unkempt
May 24, 2003

...perfect spiral, scientists are still figuring it out...
Have to say that videogameChat was better than phlegmChat tbh.

Have a new year cat.

Mebh
May 10, 2010

Done nothing but clean and cook all day for 2 weeks and play some games into the wee hours to destress. I'd like my holiday now.

Bobby Deluxe
May 9, 2004

Unkempt posted:

I would genuinely be interested to see a longer discussion on it, but I think it would have to be in D&D with D&D rules* because outside of this subforym and particularly this thread, everyone who approaches the subject is absolutely derranged, and I include myself in that.

*5th edition, obviously

Tesseraction
Apr 5, 2009

back in my day if sonic lost his rings a man would break my shins with a bat and we learned to play properly back then not like the youth of today with their fall nights or whatever

OwlFancier
Aug 22, 2013

Can't believe the green party would engage in carla denial.

Microplastics
Jul 6, 2007

It's what's for dinner.

Unkempt posted:

me rn

Private Speech
Mar 30, 2011

I HAVE EVEN MORE WORTHLESS BEANIE BABIES IN MY COLLECTION THAN I HAVE WORTHLESS POSTS IN THE BEANIE BABY THREAD YET I STILL HAVE THE TEMERITY TO CRITICIZE OTHERS' COLLECTIONS

IF YOU SEE ME TALKING ABOUT BEANIE BABIES, PLEASE TELL ME TO

EAT. SHIT.

Mebh posted:

Done nothing but clean and cook all day for 2 weeks and play some games into the wee hours to destress. I'd like my holiday now.

Very much the same feelings.

Well work isn't too bad I guess.

crispix
Mar 28, 2015

Grand-Maman m'a raconté
(Les éditions des amitiés franco-québécoises)

Hello, dear

sebzilla posted:

The co-Leader of the Green Party liked my tweet saying Labour could get in the bin lmao

they've been caught before claiming exactly this kind of tweet is a "death threat" :nono:

Brendan Rodgers
Jun 11, 2014

crispix posted:

they've been caught before claiming exactly this kind of tweet is a "death threat" :nono:

"Get in the bin" was formally banned from the football subforum for years. It is simply too versatile a phrase. It begins to take over all communication.

crispix
Mar 28, 2015

Grand-Maman m'a raconté

Hello, dear
i suppose you miss out on much more potent phrases such as away and take your face for a shite

Guavanaut
Nov 27, 2009

Looking At Them Tittys
1969 - 1998

Toilet Rascal

bessantj posted:

YouTube Shorts
I keep getting these ones that are usually like some woman radio host claiming to offer 'relationship advice' but under the thin veneer of that it's all reactionary garbage, like how you have to fill some narrow range of roles or all women will leave you or feminists are untrustworthy or whatever.

I'm not even sure who this poo poo is for, I'm guessing men whose bullshit detectors kick in automatically when they see some divorced domestic violence enthusiast or conspiracy theory gym bro alpha claiming to know 'what women want' but still fall for the pretty Fox news anchor propagating utter shite?

Tesseraction
Apr 5, 2009

I just things like Stavros standup shorts or this

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=892UephbUv0

Jedit
Dec 10, 2011

Proudly supporting vanilla legends 1994-2014

Unkempt posted:

Gets up your nose, does it?

Microplastics
Jul 6, 2007

It's what's for dinner.
Whoever recommended hot ribena, I love you

crispix
Mar 28, 2015

Grand-Maman m'a raconté

Hello, dear
i'm using a newly upgraded home-computer and i haven't installed an adblocker yet and youtube is showing me pregnancy testing kit adverts

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

crispix
Mar 28, 2015

Grand-Maman m'a raconté

Hello, dear
used to get mostly grammarly and sometimes muslim singles :/