Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

mcmagic
Jul 1, 2004

If you see this avatar while scrolling the succ zone, you have been visited by the mcmagic of shitty lib takes! Good luck and prosperity will come to you, but only if you reply "shut the fuck up mcmagic" to this post!
i hope the jets lose next week. better draft pick and gently caress helping the steelers or the pats get in the playoffs.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

pasaluki
Feb 27, 2008

THIS WHAGON HAS NO BREAKS! I HAVE THE HEART OF THE BUUFALO the strength OF THE MOUNTAIN, THE FURY OF THE THUNDER AND MY WILL IS UNBREAKABLE! I will not surrender to KNOW ONE
https://finheaven.com/threads/week-18-playoff-picture.376545/

Yes Dolfans are simping for the Bills to win their next two games. You guys are suddenly so supportive of us and our quest to get the #1 seed and it's great to see!

Shimrra Jamaane
Aug 10, 2007

Obscure to all except those well-versed in Yuuzhan Vong lore.

pasaluki posted:

Yes Dolfans are simping for the Bills to win their next two games. You guys are suddenly so supportive of us and our quest to get the #1 seed and it's great to see!

:hmmyes:

Phobeste
Apr 9, 2006

never, like, count out Touchdown Tom, man

mcmagic posted:

i hope the jets lose next week. better draft pick and gently caress helping the steelers or the pats get in the playoffs.

well i hope the jets win. they're a likeable little organization and i think some late season success is just the ticket to invigorate the organization and its fans heading into an important offseason

Amy Pole Her
Jun 17, 2002

pasaluki posted:

I can’t imagine a bigger self own than admitting you’re digging through the dregs of an opposing teams lovely message board for an.. own? I guess? but uh okay got em!

stuker
Jul 9, 2003

pasaluki posted:

Lance of Llanwyln posted:

How sad this will be, if the Patriots wind up the only AFC East team that wins this week.

pasaluki
Feb 27, 2008

THIS WHAGON HAS NO BREAKS! I HAVE THE HEART OF THE BUUFALO the strength OF THE MOUNTAIN, THE FURY OF THE THUNDER AND MY WILL IS UNBREAKABLE! I will not surrender to KNOW ONE

Amy Pole Her posted:

I can’t imagine a bigger self own than admitting you’re digging through the dregs of an opposing teams lovely message board for an.. own? I guess? but uh okay got em!

Its not an own I thought you guys were really rooting for us but I guess not sheesh

We probably will lose now too I guess...

Cavauro
Jan 9, 2008

i don't like the dolphins rooting against me. but i deserve it after all the guff i gave them the other day, even as a joke.

Redeye Flight
Mar 26, 2010

God, I'm so tired. What the hell did I post last night?

Nodoze posted:

Jets and Dolphins about to be playing each other on dueling 5 game losing streaks

The sound of Dueling Banjos grows louder and louder to try and drown out the roar of the approaching waterfall.

pasaluki
Feb 27, 2008

Finheaven must be for optimistic Dolfans who have playoff aspirations and hope. This place must be the other place.

stuker
Jul 9, 2003

my thinking is that the dolphins 100% are not going to win a game in the postseason without tua at qb, even if events next week get us there. if tua is playing in that hypothetical, obviously i'll root for him but the health concerns are going to make it very hard to feel good about anything-- our pass protection was poo poo against bad teams, things won't be getting any easier.

Diva Cupcake
Aug 15, 2005

I was headed back from the Cape so I’m lucky to have not watched most of that abomination but the 4th and 2 punt down by 2 scores was coward poo poo. I don’t think it’ll happen but if Payton or Harbaugh were willing to come to a team without a QB I’d be ok with Saleh going. They won’t want to though and I’m not really ok with firing him for some lovely OC.

Remember when we really didn’t want Mike McCarthy or Doug Pederson? lol

Diva Cupcake
Aug 15, 2005

Remember when Todd Monken lost out to Adam Gase? I’d like to have him back as well.

mcmagic
Jul 1, 2004

If you see this avatar while scrolling the succ zone, you have been visited by the mcmagic of shitty lib takes! Good luck and prosperity will come to you, but only if you reply "shut the fuck up mcmagic" to this post!

Diva Cupcake posted:

I was headed back from the Cape so I’m lucky to have not watched most of that abomination but the 4th and 2 punt down by 2 scores was coward poo poo. I don’t think it’ll happen but if Payton or Harbaugh were willing to come to a team without a QB I’d be ok with Saleh going. They won’t want to though and I’m not really ok with firing him for some lovely OC.

Remember when we really didn’t want Mike McCarthy or Doug Pederson? lol

Maybe they can convince Payton that Streveler is a Kirkland brand Taysom Hill...

Amy Pole Her
Jun 17, 2002

pasaluki posted:

Its not an own I thought you guys were really rooting for us but I guess not sheesh

We probably will lose now too I guess...

You don’t want our Indian curse on your soul

TheBizzness
Oct 5, 2004

Reign on me.
Look what happens every time the Jets fans root for the Dolphins and vice versa.

The only thing we should ever agree on is gently caress the Pats.

Diva Cupcake
Aug 15, 2005

There’s like a range of 8 draft picks between winning and losing next week. I’m ok with a Jets loss.

mcmagic
Jul 1, 2004

Diva Cupcake posted:

There’s like a range of 8 draft picks between winning and losing next week. I’m ok with a Jets loss.

They are gonna win. 100%.

mcmagic
Jul 1, 2004

We were all fooling ourselves when we got behind hiring a defensive coach. Defense doesn't matter.

Bellmaker
Oct 18, 2008

Chapter DOOF

mcmagic posted:

We were all fooling ourselves when we got behind hiring a defensive coach. Defense doesn't matter.

Defense matters but it's not enough when you have the 30ish ranked offense

Breece Hall stays healthy and the Jets are at least the 5 seed

mcmagic
Jul 1, 2004

It's kinda funny (more depressing) how this Jet defense is basically the same as the Rex era where they have great coverage in the corners but dogshit LB and safety play so they get killed by TE's and RB's and they don't ever take the ball away let alone score points on defense. Time is a flat circle with this joke franchise.

Phobeste
Apr 9, 2006

I just want my jets bros to root for their team. Live in the moment my friends, dont consier the consequences

syzpid
Aug 9, 2014

Phobeste posted:

I just want my jets bros to root for their team. Live in the moment my friends, dont consier the consequences

I hope if the Pats make the playoffs, they keep Patricia as OC

mcmagic
Jul 1, 2004

syzpid posted:

I hope if the Pats make the playoffs, they keep Patricia as OC

They should keep proven winner and playoff QB Mac Jones too.

Phobeste
Apr 9, 2006

I deny thy poison pill hopes (I think mac could be ok with a different coordinator though) and jumbly request of the LORD that he strike fat "matt" patricia "the [rword] [rword]" down with a bolt of heavenly lightning forthwith as a reward for my faith

Cavauro
Jan 9, 2008

what are some things your teams have done to help them defeat the buffalo bills?

Nodoze
Aug 17, 2006

If it's only for a night I can live without you

Cavauro posted:

what are some things your teams have done to help them defeat the buffalo bills?

Will a crazy wind storm into existence

mcmagic
Jul 1, 2004

The Dolphins are going to cockblock the Jets at QB this offseason which is what I was worried about last offseason lol.

tarbrush
Feb 7, 2011

ALL ABOARD THE SCOTLAND HYPE TRAIN!

CHOO CHOO

mcmagic posted:

The Dolphins are going to cockblock the Jets at QB this offseason which is what I was worried about last offseason lol.

I don't see how. Y'all have cap space and picks. None of the QBs you care about are playing for cheap

mcmagic
Jul 1, 2004

tarbrush posted:

I don't see how. Y'all have cap space and picks. None of the QBs you care about are playing for cheap

The cap isn't real. The Dolphins have to go for it anyway while they have Hill and Waddle. And they should.

mcmagic fucked around with this message at 16:18 on Jan 2, 2023

Professor Funk
Aug 4, 2008

WE ALL KNOW WHAT NEEDS TO HAPPEN
Remember when Jets fans were worried about the MLF hire because he might get hired as a HC within 2 years????

Diva Cupcake
Aug 15, 2005

I don’t know if Armando Salguera has any sources other than speculation but I highly doubt this.

quote:

NFL sources don’t expect coach Robert Saleh to be the fall guy here.

But general manager Joe Douglas cannot be feeling awesome about an evaluation from ownership that is surely coming. If there is change afoot with the Jets, it would likely begin at the GM spot.

Professor Funk
Aug 4, 2008

They need to can Saleh and Douglas together, whether that's this year or next year (or later on). It took the organization 10 years to get themselves properly aligned and they shouldn't get the GM/HC misaligned again.

We're going to know pretty quickly if Saleh is serious about saving his future with the organization by how he handles the MLF situation. MLF is Saleh's close friend, but he clearly isn't working as OC. If Saleh chooses to ride it out with MLF for one more year because they're buddies, that's probably his death knell.

sirtommygunn
Mar 7, 2013

mcmagic posted:

They are gonna win. 100%.

Yeah the meaningless win immediately after the Jets are eliminated from the playoff hunt is practically mandatory. They're going to destroy the Dolphins somehow.

Diva Cupcake posted:

I don’t know if Armando Salguera has any sources other than speculation but I highly doubt this.

I don't understand how anybody looks at this year and says "the GM that just had a historically great draft is the only problem here"

sirtommygunn fucked around with this message at 16:38 on Jan 2, 2023

Professor Funk
Aug 4, 2008

I think Douglas is very much a mixed bag. He nailed the 2022 draft but his FA classes beyond DJ Reed and a few other guys are garbage. Corey Davis? Ghost (sorry Metapod). Carl Lawson? Had a few nice moments but for the most part made no impact post injury (which was unlucky, so harder to pin it on Douglas). Whitehead? Liability. Tomlinson? One of the worst guards in the league this year. Berrios? A total catastrophe getting paid like one of the best ST players in the NFL. The list goes on, and the Jets are going to need to clean up some of that bad money this year.

Professor Funk fucked around with this message at 16:47 on Jan 2, 2023

pasaluki
Feb 27, 2008

Nodoze posted:

Will a crazy wind storm into existence

Bills are weak to fire and wind but resist ice.

Professor Funk posted:

Carl Lawson? Very little juice post-injury

That injury really sucked. He was about to have a big year that year. :(

With Douglas the only thing that would make me hesitate to fire him is 2022 will be considered a legendary draft for the Jets.

Is it a monkey on a typewriter situation where the Jets had so many picks that they happened to get such great players this year, or has Douglas really figured out how to draft?

TheBizzness
Oct 5, 2004

Reign on me.
Tua is going to be the Dolphins QB next year with a Baker or Minshew type backing him up.

Although Ross has proven he’s much more willing to go for it than Woody has.

Amy Pole Her
Jun 17, 2002

TheBizzness posted:

Tua is going to be the Dolphins QB next year with a Baker or Minshew type backing him up.

Although Ross has proven he’s much more willing to go for it than Woody has.

This is what makes the most sense to me in terms of realism.

Kurgarra Queen
Jun 11, 2008

GIVE ME MORE
SUPER BOWL
WINS
It would be hilarious if the Jets won next week, because it would gently caress over the Jets and the Dolphins. Just the ultimate in AFC East also-ran crab-bucketing.

The Jets really need to land a QB - it's by far their most glaring weakness. Whether that means trading for Carr or signing some one like Jimmy G or even Baker, or comedy option of the awkward Geno or Darnold reunions they need at least a bridge-level QB. The defense has flaws but it's more than good enough. Dump Zach Wilson, he has serious flame-out energy (maybe McDaniels is dumb enough to think he can salvage him?), maybe take a flier on someone in the draft, keep Mike White around as a backup (he's pretty decent, as backup QBs go.) I don't love the coaching staff and I hate the GM, from an objective standpoint. As a Bills fan, please run it back.

The Dolphins have the serious issue of a QB with franchise potential who has potentially career-derailing durability issues. And they won't have the high pick or cap space to land a lot of premium talent without being very good and/or lucky. The huge losing streak is concerning, but too early to panic over McDaniel. Might need to shake things up though, especially defensively.

And, the Patriots? Please promote Matt Patricia, ya'll haven't suffered enough yet.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

mcmagic
Jul 1, 2004

Professor Funk posted:

I think Douglas is very much a mixed bag. He nailed the 2022 draft but his FA classes beyond DJ Reed and a few other guys are garbage. Corey Davis? Ghost (sorry Metapod). Carl Lawson? Had a few nice moments but for the most part made no impact post injury (which was unlucky, so harder to pin it on Douglas). Whitehead? Liability. Tomlinson? One of the worst guards in the league this year. Berrios? A total catastrophe getting paid like one of the best ST players in the NFL. The list goes on, and the Jets are going to need to clean up some of that bad money this year.

Douglas is a flat out bad GM. That doesn't mean they can do any better but he isn't good. There are some hits but there are WAYYYYYYYYY more misses and he completely hosed up the no 2 pick in the draft. That is what gets GMs fired.

There is like a 75% chance they are both fired next year. All they are going to do this offseason is waste time which is what this franchise is very good at. But unless they can get Payton or Harbaugh I'm not sure what the point is because Woody would gently caress up the new hire anyway.

mcmagic fucked around with this message at 17:51 on Jan 2, 2023