Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Beeswax
Dec 29, 2005

Grimey Drawer
https://twitter.com/JoannaNewSum41/status/1608886353676365829

https://twitter.com/lizardmancer/status/1608640943640707073

https://twitter.com/ettingermentum/status/1608635137201410050

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

freeedr
Feb 21, 2005

Organza Quiz posted:

Tbh knowing he's holding himself up like that with just one arm is more impressive to me than it being actual magic.

He isn’t. The support goes through that sleeve and under his clothes and then he holds onto the handle to make it look like he’s holding himself up

Arsenic Lupin
Apr 12, 2012

This particularly rapid💨 unintelligible 😖patter💁 isn't generally heard🧏‍♂️, and if it is🤔, it doesn't matter💁.

Still requires a pretty amazing core, though. Even when your torso is fully supported, doing a flying Superman pose with your arms and legs isn't easy.

repiv
Aug 13, 2009

the simple versions of that trick just have a solid platform hidden under their clothes, but that one requires a more complex rig with a flexible harness to allow him to change poses

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=0_RmI80NEHY

Atticus_1354
Dec 10, 2006

barkbarkbarkbarkbarkbarkbarkbarkbarkbarkbarkbarkbarkbarkbarkbarkbarkbarkbarkbarkbarkbarkbarkbarkbarkbarkbarkbarkbarkbarkbarkbarkbarkbarkbarkbarkbarkbarkbarkbarkbarkbarkbarkbarkbarkbarkbarkbarkbarkbarkbarkbarkbarkbarkbarkbarkbarkbarkbarkbarkbarkbarkbarkbarkbarkbarkbarkbarkbarkbarkbarkbarkbarkbark

Konar posted:

Are your webcams that you actively monitor abandoned bags of dog poo poo public, so we can all look? Big Nextdoor energy coming off this post

If you dont believe me you can volunteer at trail cleanups like the people who are cleaning up the poop bags that are getting left behind. Clean up your dogs poop in public places. Putting it in plastic before you leave it isn't better.

projecthalaxy
Dec 27, 2008

Yes hello it is I Kurt's Secret Son

pr0 tip:

If you have no dog this not happen

Alan Smithee
Jan 4, 2005

A man becomes preeminent, he's expected to have enthusiasms.

Enthusiasms, enthusiasms...

HenryJLittlefinger
Jan 31, 2010

stomp clap

Mister Speaker posted:

but it's right in their name.

Counterpoint: The Eagles of Death Metal

Subjunctive
Sep 12, 2006

✨sparkle and shine✨

Mister Speaker posted:

Somewhat related: I once got in an argument with someone who insisted Metallica wasn't a metal band. I get that standards change and maybe what they do wouldn't necessarily be 'as metal' as a modern metal band, but it's right in their name.

I offer you “fool’s gold”.

Mister Speaker
May 8, 2007

WE WILL CONTROL
ALL THAT YOU SEE
AND HEAR
^ touché

HenryJLittlefinger posted:

Counterpoint: The Eagles of Death Metal

Every Josh Homme project sounds like it's named after some unfunny in joke that a bunch of teenage potheads chuckled at for far too long like Beavis & Butthead. I don't think that's too far from the truth, actually.

Also isn't the other guy in EoDM some kind of CHUD?

SimonChris
Apr 24, 2008

The Baron's daughter is missing, and you are the man to find her. No problem. With your inexhaustible arsenal of hard-boiled similes, there is nothing you can't handle.
Grimey Drawer
https://twitter.com/AnnaSavory/status/1609284130352599044

Dachshundofdoom
Feb 14, 2013

Pillbug

Mister Speaker posted:

Also isn't the other guy in EoDM some kind of CHUD?

Homme's a big-time abuser, there's basically no one with anything good to say about him, and it's safe to assume anyone who associates with him willingly is also horrible or at least very stupid (I'll categorize Dave Grohl in #2 for the AIDS denialism poo poo he hopes everyone has forgotten about). I think Homme is a phenomenal musician but he's also a loving bastard.

Mister Speaker
May 8, 2007

WE WILL CONTROL
ALL THAT YOU SEE
AND HEAR

Dachshundofdoom posted:

Homme's a big-time abuser, there's basically no one with anything good to say about him, and it's safe to assume anyone who associates with him willingly is also horrible or at least very stupid (I'll categorize Dave Grohl in #2 for the AIDS denialism poo poo he hopes everyone has forgotten about). I think Homme is a phenomenal musician but he's also a loving bastard.

I know Homme's a huge jerk, it's sort of part of his swagger. I saw QotSA at a huge outdoor venue; there were some fans in the mosh pit bouncing around a beach ball. In between songs he said "throw that fuckin' ball up here" and popped it with a pocket knife. That's small potatoes, but it also made me remember that time he kicked a female photographer in the face. I didn't know about the abuse stuff though, that's a bummer. Never learn about your idols.

I was talking more about Hughes, the other guy in EoDM, and yeah it turns out he's a huge CHUD. He railed against the March For Our Lives (anti-gun violence demonstrations in the wake of the Parkland mass shooting), is a Trump supporter, and I think has said some questionable stuff about Muslims. Not sure if he was always like that, or surviving the Bataclan massacre broke his brain.

Pocket Billiards
Aug 29, 2007
Jesse 'The Devil' Whatshisname from EoDM said some silly chud poo poo after the terrorist attack at their concert.

greazeball
Feb 4, 2003

Josh Homme peaked with Kyuss

Hugoon Chavez
Nov 4, 2011

THUNDERDOME LOSER

Mister Speaker posted:

I know Homme's a huge jerk, it's sort of part of his swagger. I saw QotSA at a huge outdoor venue; there were some fans in the mosh pit bouncing around a beach ball. In between songs he said "throw that fuckin' ball up here" and popped it with a pocket knife. That's small potatoes, but it also made me remember that time he kicked a female photographer in the face. I didn't know about the abuse stuff though, that's a bummer. Never learn about your idols.

I was talking more about Hughes, the other guy in EoDM, and yeah it turns out he's a huge CHUD. He railed against the March For Our Lives (anti-gun violence demonstrations in the wake of the Parkland mass shooting), is a Trump supporter, and I think has said some questionable stuff about Muslims. Not sure if he was always like that, or surviving the Bataclan massacre broke his brain.

I saw QOTSA (and I still love the band) at a big festival here in Madrid, and Homme kept insisting for the people in the pit to bring the vip area barricades down and get in. No one wanted to do it because a) the vip seats weren't any better than the general pit and b) it's Spain so only a third of people really understood what he was saying. Dude got massively pissy and I'm pretty sure they cut their set short after it. gently caress Hommes (I'll go see them again this year because I'm a loving idiot)

Hughes is a big chud but I almost understand (which is not excusing) them going stupid after the Bataclam. Being a chud and a drug abuser makes me think he probably hasn't done any therapy and experiencing something like that will gently caress you up good. To be fair to them, I went to a show a bit against my better judgement and there were just talking about loving one another and having a good time, 0 chud poo poo. It was a good show, too.

Grohl strikes me as being a boomer that ignores anything that doesn't affect him directly or is inside his music bubble. Besides their weird AIDS thing I don't think I've ever seen Foo Fighters talk about any political topic.

Beve Stuscemi
Jun 6, 2001

Someone in the marketing department at manscaped is either getting fired or promoted

https://twitter.com/manscaped/status/1607790900247429120?s=46&t=yVd1gijWYkmoPPzDlGJ1zQ

Autisanal Cheese
Nov 29, 2010

Jim Silly-Balls posted:

Someone in the marketing department at manscaped is either getting fired or promoted

https://twitter.com/manscaped/status/1607790900247429120?s=46&t=yVd1gijWYkmoPPzDlGJ1zQ

great post-username combo

Lazy_Liberal
Sep 17, 2005

These stones are :sparkles: precious :sparkles:
isn't it normal to have five spherical green nuts

darkwasthenight
Jan 7, 2011

GENE TRAITOR

Mister Speaker posted:

Not really met Jesse but I've worked with their crew and yeah there's still something not quite right there. Seems he was fairly dirtbag libertarian (all the guns and drugs but no taxes type) till Bataclan and then went fruit loops off the deep end for a while. By all accounts he seems to be dealing with it better these days now he's not drinking. The other band members are lovely.

MokBa
Jun 8, 2006

If you see something suspicious, bomb it!

Jim Silly-Balls posted:

Someone in the marketing department at manscaped is either getting fired or promoted.

I don't know if you listen to many podcasts but Manscaped's entire marketing strategy is to be as explicit about what their product is for as possible. They will literally have the hosts say "shave your ball pubes" and whatnot. This is surprisingly tactful for them.

SiKboy
Oct 28, 2007

Oh no!😱

MokBa posted:

I don't know if you listen to many podcasts but Manscaped's entire marketing strategy is to be as explicit about what their product is for as possible. They will literally have the hosts say "shave your ball pubes" and whatnot. This is surprisingly tactful for them.

I assume he's referring to the slogan "Groom now, pay later" rather than the shrubs.

The Wicked ZOGA
Jan 27, 2022

Guys the advert is loving hilarious!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

MokBa
Jun 8, 2006

If you see something suspicious, bomb it!

SiKboy posted:

I assume he's referring to the slogan "Groom now, pay later" rather than the shrubs.

Despite how terminally online I am, I didn't even think about that. Can't let the chuds ruin perfectly normal words, dammit!

The Saddest Rhino
Apr 29, 2009

Put it all together.
Solve the world.
One conversation at a time.

Imagine shaving 5 balls at a cliff

Dick Trauma
Nov 30, 2007

God damn it, you've got to be kind.
https://twitter.com/newschannelnine/status/1609901497193480195?s=20&t=nMtw0mcxXy-mCR3f4-Pflg

https://twitter.com/EelectricMiguel/status/1609898597838950401?s=20&t=nMtw0mcxXy-mCR3f4-Pflg

Dick Trauma has a new favorite as of 16:01 on Jan 2, 2023

tight aspirations
Jul 13, 2009

My fave 60s Batman onomatopoeia was "Kerrr-Thammy". But Wa-Pow is a-class too.

Milo and POTUS
Sep 3, 2017

I will not shut up about the Mighty Morphin Power Rangers. I talk about them all the time and work them into every conversation I have. I built a shrine in my room for the yellow one who died because sadly no one noticed because she died around 9/11. Wanna see it?
I wanna watch samurai jack now

EL BROMANCE
Jun 10, 2006

COWABUNGA DUDES!
🥷🐢😬

SiKboy posted:

Great, now we’re gonna have a barrage of people who’ve never paid more than $10 for a haircut claim they’re going to boycott a service they’ve never used.

Atticus_1354
Dec 10, 2006

barkbarkbarkbarkbarkbarkbarkbarkbarkbarkbarkbarkbarkbarkbarkbarkbarkbarkbarkbarkbarkbarkbarkbarkbarkbarkbarkbarkbarkbarkbarkbarkbarkbarkbarkbarkbarkbarkbarkbarkbarkbarkbarkbarkbarkbarkbarkbarkbarkbarkbarkbarkbarkbarkbarkbarkbarkbarkbarkbarkbarkbarkbarkbarkbarkbarkbarkbarkbarkbarkbarkbarkbarkbark

MokBa posted:

Despite how terminally online I am, I didn't even think about that. Can't let the chuds ruin perfectly normal words, dammit!

I feel like Chud has lost all meaning. How is groom a chud word?

projecthalaxy
Dec 27, 2008

Yes hello it is I Kurt's Secret Son

Atticus_1354 posted:

I feel like Chud has lost all meaning. How is groom a chud word?

Grooming has become popular in certain circles for "an LGBT person is talking to a child or near a child or alive at all"

Lobok
Jul 13, 2006

Say Watt?

EL BROMANCE posted:

Great, now we’re gonna have a barrage of people who’ve never paid more than $10 for a haircut claim they’re going to boycott a service they’ve never used.

Hey, don't blame me if my barber didn't budge on the price for years. $9.99 for manscaping was a steal on a student's income.

Deformed Church
May 12, 2012

5'5", IQ 81

Yeah but even before that it meant "actual paedos setting children up for abuse" so it's still one to be a little careful around. I'd have though the context (an advert for pube maintenace equipment) would have been clear enough to escape that, but the tweet's deleted so what do I know?

Atticus_1354
Dec 10, 2006

projecthalaxy posted:

Grooming has become popular in certain circles for "an LGBT person is talking to a child or near a child or alive at all"

And what about this advertisement looks like that instead of the meaning it's had for years and years? Blaming everything on nameless faceless chuds just makes me think people don't remember the point of the boy who cried wolf.

HenryJLittlefinger
Jan 31, 2010

stomp clap

projecthalaxy posted:

Um actually grooming means when a child knows that gay exists

Oh wait you covered that with alive at all

HenryJLittlefinger has a new favorite as of 17:06 on Jan 2, 2023

Snowy
Oct 6, 2010

A man whose blood
Is very snow-broth;
One who never feels
The wanton stings and
Motions of the sense

Lobok posted:

$9.99 for manscaping was a steal on a student's income.

You have a barber that’ll shave your junk for :10bux:???

Link pls

Blackula Vs. Tarantula
Jul 6, 2005

😤I am NOT Captain_Redbeard🧔

Atticus_1354 posted:

And what about this advertisement looks like that instead of the meaning it's had for years and years? Blaming everything on nameless faceless chuds just makes me think people don't remember the point of the boy who cried wolf.

I think what people mean is that, while groom has meant attend to hygiene and appearance, or prepare for sexual exploitation, for years, recently people on the far right have expanded it so much they use it to refer to anything they don't like, much like woke. Expanding the meaning so aggressively muddies the water to the point that even an add for hair clippers seems questionable.

And considering how many figures on the far right turn out to actually be sexual groomers, this is at least partly intentional

Lobok
Jul 13, 2006

Say Watt?

Groomer is dogwhistling slurs against queer people and woke is dogwhistling slurs against non-whites.

Sir Lemming
Jan 27, 2009

It's a piece of JUNK!

Mister Speaker posted:

To be fair, I think the abuse stuff is technically only "alleged" at this point, in a domestic lawsuit brought by his ex-wife which doesn't seem to have been definitively resolved. That being said, based on his past behavior I can definitely imagine him losing his temper and being too rough with people which could potentially rise to the level of abuse. He obviously has substance issues to put it mildly (I mean, apparently he was medically "dead" at one point back around 2012) and he doesn't seem willing to do what needs to be done to really deal with them. He seems to think he's too good to get sober. He did apologize pretty genuinely about kicking that photographer and I think it was in fact an accident, but mostly because he also appeared to be sloppy drunk, and it takes more than tearful apologies to actually fix that.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Beastie
Nov 3, 2006

They used to call me tricky-kid, I lived the life they wish they did.

Nick Olivieria got in a standoff with Las Vegas SWAT. All of The Desert Sessions were done by absolute maniacs