Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Ragnar Gunvald
May 13, 2015

Cool and good.
Not had a single extraction today. Had my arse handed to me every game and lost all my decent gear. Almost out of cash so going to be just taking a pistol and trying to loot what I can now to replace everything. Ugh. Pretty annoyed about how poo poo I've been today actually

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Shumagorath
Jun 6, 2001
Can you scav into Factory and extract with what you have on you for cash?

I won’t lie; DMZ has been the perfect Tarkov and Division 1 Dark Zone crossover for me, and it’s nice not to be flat broke while simultaneously gated by queue times. Unfortunately the gunplay is paintball.

Ragnar Gunvald
May 13, 2015

Cool and good.
Yeah, I tend to go to interchange though as I find I have more time to try and work out what's valuable. I don't come out of factory with too much each time. It's just the games I've had today I've had bad extractions or spawns or just ran into people etc.

It's all entirely on me for rushing or thinking I can take more than I can, missing someone etc etc

Actually I've been on lighthouse more than interchange recently for scav. I saw a video about the chalet being really good for loot but I've yet to see anything even close to what was in that video.

Shumagorath
Jun 6, 2001
The main draw for Factory is you get fast rep and use your starting load out / cash equivalent to go back out as a PMC. It’s a garbage map for loot.

Chopstix
Nov 20, 2002

I used to scav on lighthouse, and kill the raiders and their poo poo for really decent loot, despite the risk. However this patch I have yet to play scav on it due to 25min wait

Fart Car '97
Jul 23, 2003

Chopstix posted:

I used to scav on lighthouse, and kill the raiders and their poo poo for really decent loot, despite the risk. However this patch I have yet to play scav on it due to 25min wait
Because there are tons and tons of people waiting to do the same

Ragnar Gunvald
May 13, 2015

Cool and good.

Shumagorath posted:

The main draw for Factory is you get fast rep and use your starting load out / cash equivalent to go back out as a PMC. It’s a garbage map for loot.

What do you mean by fast rep?

Dr. Clockwork
Sep 9, 2011

I'LL PUT MY SCIENCE IN ALL OF YOU!
Spawn in, run to exfil and vendor whatever you had on you. You get fence rep for each scav extraction.

Ragnar Gunvald
May 13, 2015

Cool and good.
Oh right, it's not much though right? I read it was easier to use the paid for exfils. I'm actually in the negative right now because I've panicked a few times and not been able to tell the difference between AI and players. Welp.

Nidhg00670000
Mar 26, 2010

We're in the pipe, five by five.
Grimey Drawer
Just make sure the raid timer is at 12:59 or less (for factory). Run through counts only time from raid start, so if your scav spawns late raid, you literally can't get a run through even if you'd somehow extract the same second you spawn in.

Rep is +0.01 for every successful scab extraction.

hazzlebarth
May 13, 2013

Ragnar Gunvald posted:

Oh right, it's not much though right? I read it was easier to use the paid for exfils.

It's 0.01 per succesful extract. In comparison, you get 0.25 for using each car extract the first time, halved each time you use it.

quote:

I'm actually in the negative right now because I've panicked a few times and not been able to tell the difference between AI and players. Welp.

You also aren't allowed to kill player Scavs without provocation. Only PMCs and player Scavs who previously shot at another Scav are fair game.

Ragnar Gunvald
May 13, 2015

Cool and good.
Yes, I learnt about scav on scav action the hard way, was only accidental tbh as I was so jumpy the first day or so that I played.

I wasn't aware the extract rep halved each time too, so, is extracting as a scav the best and only real way to keep leveling your rep with fence? I briefly saw something about raising his level to be really worth it.

CaptainEO
Sep 24, 2007

Found Something Great Here
My go-to place for earning a living wage as a scav is Reserve at night. It's extremely rare to run into players or hostile scavs, generally you have enough time to hit a few good loot spots, and not everything will be gone by the time you get there. The control room will probably be ransacked, but check Knight, helicopter pad, and the buildings around it. Radome tower can also be good (people seem to be missing the unlocked guard room by the gate with safe/computer).

I tried to hit Interchange a few times but it seems like this early in the wipe, all the good stuff gets hoovered up by PMCs by around 25min.

Question: is there any knowledge around scav spawn rate in different raids? Some raids (on the same map) seem very "hot" or "cold" in terms of scav density. For instance, I was on Woods yesterday and saw zero scavs in the northeast village and none even around scav house.

hello internet
Sep 13, 2004

CaptainEO posted:

Question: is there any knowledge around scav spawn rate in different raids? Some raids (on the same map) seem very "hot" or "cold" in terms of scav density. For instance, I was on Woods yesterday and saw zero scavs in the northeast village and none even around scav house.

Yeah it seems pretty random. I'll have raids where I maybe see one or two scavs and then the next one I will literally be under siege as 15 keep coming towards me.

Ragnar Gunvald
May 13, 2015

Cool and good.
How do you know what's "good" to pick up? Esp when I don't have access to the flea market yet

tokenbrownguy
Apr 1, 2010

dozens of hours of play.

real answer is watch one of the hundred videos on youtube or just figure it out.

Bussamove
Feb 25, 2006

Eventually you just get a feel for it. Make a list of what hideout items you’ll need to upgrade stuff to start. Gunpowder is always handy, as are meds/food.

Ammo is a mess and best done with a guide until you get to know the good/serviceable from bad.

Futaba Anzu
May 6, 2011

GROSS BOY

Chopstix posted:

i sort of got that notion reading a little bit up on lighthouse, is it still worth running as a pmc? i haven't played since they added lighthouse and streets, what's the general feel of how lucrative to worthwhile they are running? in addition to that, are there any major shakeups in regards to the old maps over whether what is worth running?

Rahu
Feb 14, 2009

let me just check my figures real quick here
Grimey Drawer
Old maps seem mostly unchanged as far as I can tell.

Killing rogues on lighthouse as a PMC is a pretty good way to make money and a great way to level up. Once you know a route it is pretty easy to get a minimum of 5 kills which are each worth individually more experience than normal scavs, and they will probably all be headshot kills.

This early in the wipe there will be probably be other people going for it though, so I can't say it is a great idea right now.

edit: When you see someone else going for it is also a great opportunity to go for a sbih if you can sneak around them.

Rahu fucked around with this message at 07:57 on Jan 3, 2023

Ragnar Gunvald
May 13, 2015

Cool and good.
On EU servers I've seen very few PMCs on lighthouse,. Everyone seems to playing streets as there is a metric poo poo load of loot on streets but it's exceptionally busy so extracting is much harder than anywhere else Ive been.

I've yet to play on customs though as Ive avoided it so far so can't compare the 3 yet.

Real Cool Catfish
Jun 6, 2011

Ragnar Gunvald posted:

Yes, I learnt about scav on scav action the hard way, was only accidental tbh as I was so jumpy the first day or so that I played.

I wasn't aware the extract rep halved each time too, so, is extracting as a scav the best and only real way to keep leveling your rep with fence? I briefly saw something about raising his level to be really worth it.

You get rep for taking down PMC’s as well. Always be running towards the sound of gunfire, it is the scav way.

Kikas
Oct 30, 2012

Ragnar Gunvald posted:

Not had a single extraction today. Had my arse handed to me every game and lost all my decent gear. Almost out of cash so going to be just taking a pistol and trying to loot what I can now to replace everything. Ugh. Pretty annoyed about how poo poo I've been today actually

Pistol only/scav runs on woods can lead to riches now, if you know where to look.

Kikas
Oct 30, 2012

Ragnar Gunvald posted:

Rumour has it, there is something behind the wall now if you find the sledgehammer.

Tagillas sledgehammer?

giZm
Jul 7, 2003

Only the insane equates pain with success

Kikas posted:

Tagillas sledgehammer?
No it's a different one, Tagilla's doesn't work.

Only registered members can see post attachments!

Futaba Anzu
May 6, 2011

GROSS BOY

Kikas posted:

Pistol only/scav runs on woods can lead to riches now, if you know where to look.

Do tell

Shannow
Aug 30, 2003

Frumious Bandersnatch

Since it got the expansion, woods has been hands down the best place for loot. Guns/ammo in the USEC camp along with the resource crates for hideout and barter goods, gold chains and ammo in the North village (last run I did I got 5 chains) and treasure in the church, and treasure under the beds in car extract village, plus all the tools and food that spawn there.

Nidhg00670000
Mar 26, 2010

We're in the pipe, five by five.
Grimey Drawer
Plus a shitload of stashes.

Bussamove
Feb 25, 2006

Scav Bunker is also good for valuables, as is the collection of portables near it— lots of chains and very occasionally a physical bitcoin.

Tabletops
Jan 27, 2014

anime

Shannow posted:

Since it got the expansion, woods has been hands down the best place for loot. Guns/ammo in the USEC camp along with the resource crates for hideout and barter goods, gold chains and ammo in the North village (last run I did I got 5 chains) and treasure in the church, and treasure under the beds in car extract village, plus all the tools and food that spawn there.

Best place for loot is a pretty insane exaggeration when light house existed (rip) and interchange is still wild

hello internet
Sep 13, 2004

Literally every map has good loot.

Futaba Anzu
May 6, 2011

GROSS BOY

Shannow posted:

oh, i knew about most of that but i didn't know loot spawns under the beds, i'll be sure to check under them in the future.

Tabletops posted:

Best place for loot is a pretty insane exaggeration when light house existed (rip) and interchange is still wild

on the topic of interchange, does it no longer spawn a bunch of quest food items in the back of goshan like tushonka and whatnot? i've ratted in there a couple of times and noticed a very clear lack of items there this wipe, or at least way way not as much as it being The Spot like two wipes ago when I last played

Incoming Chinchilla
Apr 2, 2010
Not had a chance to play yet. Have there been any general improvements to the game such as sound bugs, matching times, performance etc?

Shannow
Aug 30, 2003

Frumious Bandersnatch

Tabletops posted:

Difference is you very rarely need to fight anyone taking that perimeter route, i seldom come across anyone, even early wipe

Futaba Anzu posted:

oh, i knew about most of that but i didn't know loot spawns under the beds, i'll be sure to check under them in the future.

There's a shack to the side of the sunken church, inside it is a duffle bag and a tent, the tent can spawn bitcoins and such, directly behind the church theres a stash inside the door of the ruined shack, with another treasuse spawn next to it. Also, on the boat you cross to get into the church.

Dollas
Sep 16, 2007

$$$$$$$$$
Clapping Larry

Incoming Chinchilla posted:

Not had a chance to play yet. Have there been any general improvements to the game such as sound bugs, matching times, performance etc?

scavs seem to perform better in the sense that you have about 1 second to headshot them or else you die

William Henry Hairytaint
Oct 29, 2011

hello internet posted:

Literally every map has good loot.

:hmmyes:

The only one that used to not was Woods but like the others said the expansion solved that very much

Bussamove
Feb 25, 2006

Every map has good loot but some is more annoying to get than others. I haven’t played in a while like I said but Shoreline is my least favorite map for that. There’s good stiff but most of it is in heavily trafficked areas with huge swaths of nothing in between. Plus you need a nightmare mess of keys to get the good stuff in Resort.

To paraphrase:

quote:

Shoreline is my least favorite map

Kikas
Oct 30, 2012

giZm posted:

No it's a different one, Tagilla's doesn't work.

Okay, found this just laying at the back of Goshan. Had to run to KIBA to find someone dead with a ScavBP, the loving thing is 5x2 :popeye: We'll see what's behind that wall.

Copper For Lyfe
Jun 1, 2011
Played my first raids of the wipe with the usual team mates last night, after having not played since July. Died my very first raid to friendly fire.

The Tarkov Experience.

Shumagorath
Jun 6, 2001
Tarkov TV’s friendly fire series was what sold me on this game.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Ragnar Gunvald
May 13, 2015

Cool and good.

Tabletops posted:

Lighthouse no good now? I got my first gold skull ring on there today which was a nice find.

I've dug myself out of the financial hole I was in too, I'm back to having a decent amount of gear again but nothing amazing... I want to try and save up for that stash box so stash management is a bit easier..

Where can I get 4x or 8x scopes from somewhat reliably? The only way I can get them right now is looting I think. I want to practise with bolt actions a little before I have to go to iron sights for the quest..