Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Powerful Two-Hander
Mar 10, 2004

Mods please change my name to "Tooter Skeleton" TIA.

sadus posted:

it’s like Elon hired the makers of star citizen to make it, I had to tell the last teslabro who suggested getting one

flashback to the old thread title of "car citizen" lmao

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Kazinsal
Dec 13, 2011

rjmccall posted:

are we talking about the old roadster or the new one

because the old roadster that was just a lotus with an electric drivetrain was a really fun car, the acceleration felt nuts

turns out when the bulk of the car isn't made by the stupidest techbros on the planet, the car is mostly functional!

FMguru
Sep 10, 2003

peed on;
sexually
https://twitter.com/KT_So_It_Goes/status/1609733355322634240

Endless Mike
Aug 13, 2003

Beeftweeter posted:

i see them all the time but i have no idea what model year any of them are because they all look practically the same

they technically don't have model years and other than a refresh of the model s, all changes are running so any time you need a repair done they have to find out exactly when your car was built to see what backordered parts they have to wait six months for

FMguru
Sep 10, 2003

peed on;
sexually
also what up page 1991

albums released in 1991: nevermind, blue lines, achtung baby, out of time, ten, metallica, de la soul is dead, the low end theory, the white room

p dece year imho

mobby_6kl
Aug 9, 2009

by Fluffdaddy

FMguru posted:

also what up page 1991

albums released in 1991: nevermind, blue lines, achtung baby, out of time, ten, metallica, de la soul is dead, the low end theory, the white room

p dece year imho

A year after the the pinnacle of human aesthetic and creative output, but still not too bad!

I didn't realize they were released ten days apart, holy poo poo

Tesseraction
Apr 5, 2009

mobby_6kl posted:

A year after the the pinnacle of human aesthetic and creative output, but still not too bad!

I didn't realize they were released ten days apart, holy poo poo

painkiller's title track is still one of the greatest tracks in metal to this day imo

kitten smoothie
Dec 29, 2001

dc3k posted:

he daily drives a model s plaid and preordered the roadster iirc. i think he's still a pretty big fanboy

I thought Brownlee’s roadster reservation was one of the bunch from the “if enough people order a production car through your referral link you’ll get a free roadster” promotion

which at this point sounds like it’ll be a nice sequel to that Pepsi points Harrier jet documentary

Trillhouse
Dec 31, 2000

yr supposed to half-fill the bucket with water so the rats all drown but they can't/won't show that in ads. i guess an ad for a bucket full of live rats is more effective than an ad for a bucket full of dead rat sludge.

outhole surfer
Mar 18, 2003

dead rat sludge is the name of my metal disney soundtrack cover band

kitten smoothie
Dec 29, 2001

nudgenudgetilt posted:

dead rat sludge is the name of my metal disney soundtrack cover band

performing at chuck e cheese

fart simpson
Jul 2, 2005

DEATH TO AMERICA
:xickos:

Trillhouse posted:

yr supposed to half-fill the bucket with water so the rats all drown but they can't/won't show that in ads. i guess an ad for a bucket full of live rats is more effective than an ad for a bucket full of dead rat sludge.

years ago on chinese internet i saw an ad for some kind of electric device that killed rats by electrocution and the ad was a real picture of like 50 dead rats on a concrete floor lol

DX24TB1
Dec 30, 2022
The Chinese has no time for any rat fuckery - straight to business

Beeftweeter
Jun 28, 2005

OFFICIAL #1 GNOME FAN
rats

p i l e d

h i g h

Mr. Nice!
Oct 13, 2005

bone shaking.
soul baking.

Trillhouse posted:

that reminds me of the baltimore rat dumpster.

TheMightyBoops
Nov 1, 2016

Does anyone know how to shut the rat bucket off? I have all the rats I need.

Mr. Nice!
Oct 13, 2005

bone shaking.
soul baking.

TheMightyBoops posted:

Does anyone know how to shut the rat bucket off? I have all the rats I need.

auto shutoff ratbucket?
no. more rats!

Improbable Lobster
Jan 6, 2012

"From each according to his ability" said Ares. It sounded like a quotation.
Buglord

Trillhouse posted:

nah man that one there is a free pet machine

infernal machines
Oct 11, 2012

we monitor many frequencies. we listen always. came a voice, out of the babel of tongues, speaking to us. it played us a mighty dub.
i considered doing this to deal the mice in my garage, who have discovered my grass seed and royally hosed up the place, but then i realized there's not much i'm going to be able to do with a bucket full of dead mice

Cerv
Sep 14, 2004

This is a silly post with little news value.

put them in with your food waste bin to go to the municipal anaerobic digestion plant?
save the planet

mobby_6kl
Aug 9, 2009

by Fluffdaddy

Tesseraction posted:

painkiller's title track is still one of the greatest tracks in metal to this day imo
:hmmyes: though tbh the whole album is extremely solid. Same for RiP.

Trillhouse posted:

Just wait until someone combines the bucket with a Polytron

chestnut santabag
Jul 3, 2006

aw dang I missed 1990, the year that the ANC (and many other organisations) were unbanned and Mandela released from prison

Tesseraction
Apr 5, 2009

chestnut santabag posted:

aw dang I missed 1990, the year that the ANC (and many other organisations) were unbanned and Mandela released from prison

musk misses the years before that

hobbesmaster
Jan 28, 2008

infernal machines posted:

i considered doing this to deal the mice in my garage, who have discovered my grass seed and royally hosed up the place, but then i realized there's not much i'm going to be able to do with a bucket full of dead mice

sounds like you need a cat

Beeftweeter
Jun 28, 2005

OFFICIAL #1 GNOME FAN

Tesseraction posted:

musk misses the years before that

lol

chestnut santabag
Jul 3, 2006

In 1991, the Population Registration Act was repealed which kinda abolished racial classification, the legal basis of apartheid

Not a Children
Oct 9, 2012

Don't need a holster if you never stop shooting.

HugeGrossBurrito posted:

This is the story of when they had to evacuate a city block in Baltimore because of a smell I made.

We were starting construction on a new restaurant location they were expanding and I was the GM for the new location so we got to work clearing out the mess left by the last restaurant. They were a bakery and out back there was a dumpster. They closed two years before. Not sure why it was there considering this alley basically has no street access other than a tiny door for I assume fire code reasons. Honestly I don’t know how they got it in there we had to cut it up with a torch to get rid of it.

It was full of dough and water we figured we could use the dumpster for something so we got to work tipping it over to get the water out. It was not water it was liquified rat. Hundreds of liquified rats. The three of us all began projectile vomiting immediately, before my brain could process the smell. It was a smell so strong you could feel it deep inside your chest and no amount of vomiting made it go away.
There were so many goddamn rat bones. They snuck in to eat the rotting dough and got stuck and drowned in what I’m assuming was a combination of rain water and soup made of their friends.

Covered in vomit and rat juice we did our best to regain our composure we went to the front of the building and tried to smoke cigarettes but they just tasted like death. It had been about a minute since we tipped the dumpster over and we heard screaming from around the corner. You see we weren’t the only ones projectile vomiting in fact most of the people on the street were and those that weren’t were running and screaming. Everywhere you looked people were wrenching I watched a little old lady get down on her knees and just erupt into a planter.

Then the fire department and the police and ambulances showed up. They cleared out everyone they could so they could hose down the streets and eventually came to the scene of the crime. A firefighter vomited into to his respirator. This got everyone including us into a vomitous fervor again but at least we were in the alley behind the restaurant to hide our shame.

“I’ve been a cop in Baltimore city for 30 years and I found a dead body that had been sitting in a vacant house for a month last week and this smells worse”

After a day of professional cleanup the city didn’t blame us because it was the trash of the previous owner. My wife made me take the train home instead of my car because I had a stench that literally woke nodding heroin addicts and made them move to another car. My wife made me strip in the yard and sprayed me with a hose. The clothes were destroyed, I even had to buy a new phone because it always carried the faintest hint of death smell. That was the worst thing I have ever smelled and I pray to god I never smell anything worse.

My personal theory is that there was still active yeast in the dough and it was fermenting the sugars from the rat corpses.

Shumagorath
Jun 6, 2001
Baltimore.txt

akadajet
Sep 14, 2003

I’ve killed like 25 rats in my attic last year. if I could just get them all in a bucket or one go that’d be a huge win.

Jonny 290
May 5, 2005

[ASK] me about OS/2 Warp

akadajet posted:

I’ve killed like 25 rats in my attic last year. if I could just get them all in a bucket or one go that’d be a huge win.

Powerful Two-Hander
Mar 10, 2004

Mods please change my name to "Tooter Skeleton" TIA.

sometimes you're the bucket, sometimes you're the rat

Ultraklystron
May 19, 2010

Unsafe At Every Speed

kitten smoothie posted:

I thought Brownlee’s roadster reservation was one of the bunch from the “if enough people order a production car through your referral link you’ll get a free roadster” promotion

which at this point sounds like it’ll be a nice sequel to that Pepsi points Harrier jet documentary

Oh, then he'll probably get his if it ships at all , but no one else who isn't an influencer like him will get theirs that way. However, they didn't send him (of all people) a cherry picked, extra QC'd Plaid, or if they did, their quality is more dire than expected. Either way, it has resulted in at least a couple videos pointing how his Plaid is not as nice as any of other electrics he's been testing for the past year for the same/less money, and also how autopilot is sketchy, so I'm sure the roadster, if it's ever made and shipped at all, will be the same story. As it stands, Brownlee already cancelled his Cybertruck pre-order and just bought a Rivian as a filming truck instead.

Still, it's also a bit like watching cult deprogramming, video review by video review. Also, that seems to be consistent across the tech YouTuber space. LTT's car reviewers now regularly point out how/why [given EV] is better than [similar Tesla] and more worth your money [if it's in stock].

Ultraklystron fucked around with this message at 18:17 on Jan 2, 2023

Tesseraction
Apr 5, 2009

this is about to be repeated when the next people take over the remains of the twitter office and open the toilet door

Roosevelt
Jul 18, 2009

Tony Pizzuto Says Hello

infernal machines posted:

find some yaks blood and give them to satan

infernal machines
Oct 11, 2012

we monitor many frequencies. we listen always. came a voice, out of the babel of tongues, speaking to us. it played us a mighty dub.

Cerv posted:

put them in with your food waste bin to go to the municipal anaerobic digestion plant?
save the planet

i have a compost pile, i just don't necessarily want it full of mouse bones

infernal machines
Oct 11, 2012

hobbesmaster posted:

sounds like you need a cat

the garage is a bit small for a cat

Roosevelt posted:

find some yaks blood and give them to satan

i assume they're already working for him

infernal machines fucked around with this message at 18:29 on Jan 2, 2023

Cat Face Joe
Feb 20, 2005

goth vegan crossfit mom who vapes

Powerful Two-Hander posted:

sometimes you're the bucket, sometimes you're the rat

we're all just rats in god's half full bucket of water

Achmed Jones
Oct 16, 2004

even though i say gently caress it
i am still just a rat in a bucket

devmd01
Mar 7, 2006

Elektronik
Supersonik
in case anyone hasn't read the rat dumpster story, :nms:

HugeGrossBurrito posted:

This is the story of when they had to evacuate a city block in Baltimore because of a smell I made.

We were starting construction on a new restaurant location they were expanding and I was the GM for the new location so we got to work clearing out the mess left by the last restaurant. They were a bakery and out back there was a dumpster. They closed two years before. Not sure why it was there considering this alley basically has no street access other than a tiny door for I assume fire code reasons. Honestly I don’t know how they got it in there we had to cut it up with a torch to get rid of it.

It was full of dough and water we figured we could use the dumpster for something so we got to work tipping it over to get the water out. It was not water it was liquified rat. Hundreds of liquified rats. The three of us all began projectile vomiting immediately, before my brain could process the smell. It was a smell so strong you could feel it deep inside your chest and no amount of vomiting made it go away.
There were so many goddamn rat bones. They snuck in to eat the rotting dough and got stuck and drowned in what I’m assuming was a combination of rain water and soup made of their friends.

Covered in vomit and rat juice we did our best to regain our composure we went to the front of the building and tried to smoke cigarettes but they just tasted like death. It had been about a minute since we tipped the dumpster over and we heard screaming from around the corner. You see we weren’t the only ones projectile vomiting in fact most of the people on the street were and those that weren’t were running and screaming. Everywhere you looked people were wrenching I watched a little old lady get down on her knees and just erupt into a planter.

Then the fire department and the police and ambulances showed up. They cleared out everyone they could so they could hose down the streets and eventually came to the scene of the crime. A firefighter vomited into to his respirator. This got everyone including us into a vomitous fervor again but at least we were in the alley behind the restaurant to hide our shame.

“I’ve been a cop in Baltimore city for 30 years and I found a dead body that had been sitting in a vacant house for a month last week and this smells worse”

After a day of professional cleanup the city didn’t blame us because it was the trash of the previous owner. My wife made me take the train home instead of my car because I had a stench that literally woke nodding heroin addicts and made them move to another car. My wife made me strip in the yard and sprayed me with a hose. The clothes were destroyed, I even had to buy a new phone because it always carried the faintest hint of death smell. That was the worst thing I have ever smelled and I pray to god I never smell anything worse.

My personal theory is that there was still active yeast in the dough and it was fermenting the sugars from the rat corpses.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

polyester concept
Mar 29, 2017

good god lol I love stories like that