Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

mweber
Dec 24, 2003
“Wait, you got sober on 4/20?”
“Yeah.”
“You fuckin’ rear end in a top hat.”

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Alaois
Feb 7, 2012

everybody loved Pierre, and his big dick

KICK BAMA KICK
Mar 2, 2009

"For music with beat, poetry and anger but none of the misogynistic violence, check out the work of Chicago artist Common."

Offler
Mar 27, 2010
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=5H2YKSypyj8

Punkin Spunkin
Jan 1, 2010
"I've made a conscious decision not to drink or do drugs. It's wicked cool. Sometimes it's just better to NEVER EVER leave your own reality and NEVER once escape to an alternate dreamscape of peace and happiness. Oh you passing the jay around? I'm alright with that, I don't need that. I'd hate to have uncontrollable fits of laughter that would last forty five minutes to an hour and fifteen for no reason. And it only costs like fifteen bucks? I'm cool, I'll save my money, I'm totally cool. I'll get a Dasani Water and drink that instead. MMMM this is delicious!"

mcvey
Aug 31, 2006

go caps haha

*Washington Capitals #1 Fan On DeviantArt*
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=yeTx-D3ZM10&t=95s

Beastie
Nov 3, 2006

They used to call me tricky-kid, I lived the life they wish they did.

I love that Seth's SW cantina music is "Do the Hustle"

Lampsacus
Oct 21, 2008

May I have a link to the discord? Or is it through their patreon, of which I am a member?

little munchkin
Aug 15, 2010
I bruise easily, see for yourself.

little munchkin
Aug 15, 2010

little munchkin posted:

“We were jamming. We were sweating. We got tribal on it. We danced to it. I was DJing this Brazilian music. Having a baby is a bloody, pukey, sweaty, primeval thing. I said ‘Come here little man.’ I saw the penis and I screamed that we’d been right all along about him being a boy.”

lol

Offler
Mar 27, 2010

Steven Tyler - paraphrased posted:

Three times I've cried together with my partner as we climaxed, and all three times they got pregnant.

I felt fairly confident when I started writing the quote, but right away I felt that it's missing many words and phrases that gives it that authentic celebrity-spiritual-ego-L.A. flavor. So you'll have to mentally pepper in some yourselves as you see fit.

KICK BAMA KICK
Mar 2, 2009

958, Black List scripts and 959, sciti Christmas parade, some of my favorite annual segments.

GraPar
Jun 2, 2011
It's not Christmas until I've heard an update about Captain Tom Bristol from Under the Black Ensign

mweber
Dec 24, 2003
“…the white man calls her flute playing…”
“Nobody has ever written that. No one should ever have written that.”
“…wind.”

mweber fucked around with this message at 18:18 on Jan 2, 2023

JethroMcB
Jan 23, 2004

We're normal now.
We love your family.
"Sorry I am giving you all this poo poo/it just helps to write out what's in the mind of a lunatic"
"...gently caress YOU, man! Give me that. [Seth is handed the original copy] Oh my God, it actually says that."

mistermojo
Jul 3, 2004

night night sleepy joe. sleep tight sleepy joe

Offler
Mar 27, 2010

GraPar posted:

It's not Christmas until I've heard an update about Captain Tom Bristol from Under the Black Ensign

Is this the parade he always appears in?

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=jW8cCMM_2FM

The video showed up in a thread here because of the NFT-float in the first minutes. I tried clicking around a bit looking for pirate ships or something, as I have no Idea what the float should look like. I didn't find anything but I didn't look very hard either. It's really long and I don't even know if this is the right parade.

General Dog
Apr 26, 2008

Everybody's working for the weekend

Offler posted:

Is this the parade he always appears in?

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=jW8cCMM_2FM

The video showed up in a thread here because of the NFT-float in the first minutes. I tried clicking around a bit looking for pirate ships or something, as I have no Idea what the float should look like. I didn't find anything but I didn't look very hard either. It's really long and I don't even know if this is the right parade.

Nah, Rose Bowl parade is New Year’s Day (or maybe Jan 2 sometimes); I believe the Scientology one is the Hollywood Christmas Parade.

Here’s our man from a past year

...and here he is up close this year starting at 56:25

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=rvLV-FA_WPs&t=3384s

General Dog fucked around with this message at 02:35 on Jan 3, 2023

Kevin DuBrow
Apr 21, 2012

The uruk-hai defender has logged on.
Seth is a weirdo who walks into the Scientology center or calls the number listed on some insane screed handed to him on the street just out of curiosity and I love him for it

KICK BAMA KICK
Mar 2, 2009

Like I can imagine gliding past any sort of supernatural contrivance in the right social context but I feel strongly that if I was asked to believe that Captain Tom Bristol from Under the Black Ensign was a beloved figure in popular culture, at that point I would bolt.

General Dog
Apr 26, 2008

Everybody's working for the weekend
Betty Boop, Mighty Mouse, and Herbie the Love Bug also made appearances this year, who all seem like plausible Scientologists to me.

Offler
Mar 27, 2010

Kevin DuBrow posted:

Seth is a weirdo who walks into the Scientology center or calls the number listed on some insane screed handed to him on the street just out of curiosity and I love him for it

I love that Jonathan gets sort of stressed for real when Seth tells his story of going on a tour through a bunch of exhibits with a Sci-ti guide that's constantly asking probing questions.

Offler
Mar 27, 2010

General Dog posted:

Nah, Rose Bowl parade is New Year’s Day (or maybe Jan 2 sometimes); I believe the Scientology one is the Hollywood Christmas Parade.

Thank you!

The Wiggly Wizard
Aug 21, 2008

The cosmic coincidences segment was perfect Jonathan bait

Boatswain
May 29, 2012
I wish someone would make a supercut of all xenomorph/hippie poo poo they've featured (including the weird festivals and Jah's breakdown).

Kevin DuBrow posted:

I love him so much.

mcvey
Aug 31, 2006

go caps haha

*Washington Capitals #1 Fan On DeviantArt*
So at first, a Native American exploration that led you in to a Rastafar-i-a identity.

...Yeah.

Yeah... yeah, duh.

C-Euro
Mar 20, 2010

:science:
Soiled Meat

KICK BAMA KICK posted:

958, Black List scripts and 959, sciti Christmas parade, some of my favorite annual segments.

I would definitely watch the movie about the couple whose gender reveal party causes the apocalypse, but maybe just on streaming.

Come to think of it, I wonder how the rise of movies directly put out by streaming services has affected the rate at which these Blacklist movies get made. I remember looking through an actual Blacklist from a few years ago for synopses that I recognize but those docs are looooooooong.

General Dog posted:

I gotta be honest, all these years I thought that Captain Tom Bristol was a Star Trek-style space captain, not a sea pirate captain. I just assumed that he was a sci-fi character because of the whole L Ron Hubbard thing!

JethroMcB
Jan 23, 2004

We're normal now.
We love your family.

C-Euro posted:

Come to think of it, I wonder how the rise of movies directly put out by streaming services has affected the rate at which these Blacklist movies get made. I remember looking through an actual Blacklist from a few years ago for synopses that I recognize but those docs are looooooooong.

I posted it this time last year but produced scripts from 2016 alone: Free Guy; Hotel Artemis; Bad Education; America: The Motion Picture; I, Tonya; Villains; Late Night; Mother; I Think We're Alone Now; O2; The Post; Life Itself.

I know Amazon was involved with Late Night and Life Itself but they still got theatrical releases. Bad Education wound up as an HBO production, O2 and America: The Motion Picture were Netflix originals.

JethroMcB fucked around with this message at 07:12 on Jan 3, 2023

MechaSeinfeld
Jan 2, 2008

KICK BAMA KICK posted:

Probably will never get tired of Seth yelling ‘your movie su-uh—ucks’

jackhunter64
Aug 28, 2008

Keep it up son, take a look at what you could have won

Offler posted:

I love that Jonathan gets sort of stressed for real when Seth tells his story of going on a tour through a bunch of exhibits with a Sci-ti guide that's constantly asking probing questions.

'Under occupation I wrote down professional podcaster and the guy said 'What's that?''

JethroMcB
Jan 23, 2004

We're normal now.
We love your family.

Following up on myself. Produced Black List entries from the past five years, with streamers listed where applicable:

2017: Breaking News in Yuba County, The Mother (Upcoming Netflix release about a female assassin), Kate (Also Netflix, and ALSO about a female assassin), Ballerina (Upcoming John Wick spin-off about A FEMALE ASSASSIN COME UP WITH A NEW IDEA HOLLYWEIRD), Greenland, BIOS (Became that Tom Hanks robot movie for Apple TV+) (Though the one that made me laugh the hardest going through the 2017 list was The Man From Tomorrow about "visionary entrepreneur" Elon Musk.)

2018: King Richard, Promising Young Woman, Covers (Released as The High Note), Meet Cute (Peacock), Queen and Slim, The Half of It (Netflix)

2019: Don't Worry Darling, The Unbearable Weight of Massive Talent, 8-Bit Christmas (HBO Max), The Menu, The Cabin at the End of the World (Retitled as Knock at the Cabin and releasing in 2023)

2020: Emancipation (Apple TV+)

It doesn't appear that streaming has really impacted how many of the scripts get produced. What's more important to note is how many of these are not good!

mcvey posted:

So at first, a Native American exploration that led you in to a Rastafar-i-a identity.

...Yeah.

Yeah... yeah, duh.

Marsha saying "I thought Rastafani was something Jonathan made up" is one of the biggest laughs this show has ever given me

KICK BAMA KICK
Mar 2, 2009

JethroMcB posted:

What's more important to note is how many of these are not good!
It's said when it was started the Black List was, sure, ultimately a way for agents or whoever to promote scripts they had some stake in, but it was at least pretty selective for a while; then it just ballooned to what it is now.

Still wondering about this one from iirc 2014:

quote:

"Frisco: A fortysomething pediatric allergist who specializes in hazelnut and is facing a divorce learns lessons in living from a wise-beyond-her-years terminally-ill 15-year-old patient when she crashes his weekend trip to a conference in San Francisco."
Wonder if it's this that just says "in development", anyone got IMDBPro?

mweber
Dec 24, 2003
For a good year or two, around 9 or 10 years old, I thought I might be the reincarnation of Elvis.

GraPar
Jun 2, 2011
Thank you for your Black List service.

960: Jonathan getting scammed on adult webcams in 2002 is so early as to be impressive.

Binowru
Feb 15, 2007

I never set out to be weird. It was always other people who called me weird.

General Dog posted:

drat. I know most pirate fiction is derivative of Blackbeard, but jeeeez. Captain Tom Bristol is just literally Blackbeard the pirate.

mweber
Dec 24, 2003

Binowru posted:

drat. I know most pirate fiction is derivative of Blackbeard, but jeeeez. Captain Tom Bristol is just literally Blackbeard the pirate.

Got Under the Black Ensign from the library. Not sure it would even qualify as a book, since the story itself is about 65 pages long, including illustrations. The other 40 or so pages include a forward, glossary, a preview of another book, a bio of L. Ron, and 8 pages that just list other stories he wrote.

KICK BAMA KICK
Mar 2, 2009

mweber posted:

Got Under the Black Ensign from the library. Not sure it would even qualify as a book, since the story itself is about 65 pages long, including illustrations. The other 40 or so pages include a forward, glossary, a preview of another book, a bio of L. Ron, and 8 pages that just list other stories he wrote.
lmao that loving rules

Lampsacus
Oct 21, 2008

The Wiggly Wizard posted:

The cosmic coincidences segment was perfect Jonathan bait
Which episode is this from? And which recent episodes have some Jonathan woo woo stuff?

The Wiggly Wizard
Aug 21, 2008

Lampsacus posted:

Which episode is this from? And which recent episodes have some Jonathan woo woo stuff?

The show notes for 958 has “meaningful coincidences” which is the segment I misnamed. Not sure specifically which other episodes have woo woo but he’s ramped it up A LOT since he started smoking weed in the last couple months.

E:

The Wiggly Wizard posted:

In the same episode he reveals this (952) he goes on a rambling metaphysical rant for the first time in a long time

The Wiggly Wizard fucked around with this message at 16:18 on Jan 6, 2023

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Professor Latency
Mar 30, 2011

Seth called me back tonight. Left a message asking what he thought of The White Lotus. Verdict: good. Also chatted about Nathan Fielder and similar stuff that blurs reality and fiction. Recommended to me Paul T Goldman which seems right in the same ballpark.