Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

TheGreyGhost
Feb 14, 2012

“Go win the Heimlich Trophy!”

Ornery and Hornery posted:

I was told that Stroud crumpled in the face of pressure. I was told that Stroud failed when plays break down.

I was told lies!!!

His running ability and decisiveness today were insane, but it does fit the beat reporters indicating that he was absolutely a different dude after the Michigan game. Down your starting TE for most of the game and then your WR1 in a game winner situation and you still essentially had a chance. He made some really really bad pressure checks but nothing that killed them (I was actually at this game so I’ll probably go back and watch the tape once I’m over the bizarre game management at the end)

People have always overstated his freaking out though. He processes fine after the snap, it’s almost always that he misses a check at the line before the play. He runs backwards but like…with his arm I’m fine with it.

Bryce looked good today too. Showed pretty good follow through which had me thinking some of his fluttering this year was the injury.

I…find myself very very happy with this QB class and the likely next one. NFL development is never guaranteed, but it feels like we’re going to be over the Covid bump on this at least.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

a neat cape
Feb 22, 2007

Aw hunny, these came out GREAT!

no! Stroud to Seahawks :mad:

Seattle should take Carter

Nervous
Jan 25, 2005

Why, hello, my little slice of pecan pie.

a neat cape posted:

Seattle should take Carter

Stroud to Seahawks:mad::hawksin::colbert:

Doltos
Dec 28, 2005

🤌🤌🤌
I said Stroud was the #1 for a reason

epic bacon
Sep 19, 2022

the CJ in CJ Stroud stands for Choke Job

The Big Jesus
Oct 29, 2007

#essereFerrari

epic bacon posted:

the CJ in CJ Stroud stands for Choke Job

The J actually don’t stand for anything. Not a single J in his name. Fraud.

Henchman of Santa
Aug 21, 2010
Is Dorian Thompson-Robinson worth a flyer on at all?

The Puppy Bowl
Jan 31, 2013

A dog, in the house.

*woof*

The Big Jesus posted:

The J actually don’t stand for anything. Not a single J in his name. Fraud.

Junior?

The Big Jesus
Oct 29, 2007

#essereFerrari

He’s the fourth so I guess junior junior junior

Ornery and Hornery
Oct 22, 2020

TheGreyGhost posted:

His running ability and decisiveness today were insane, but it does fit the beat reporters indicating that he was absolutely a different dude after the Michigan game.

What is their reasoning? Seems like a silly narrative. As much as I wish otherwise, in real life people don't just suddenly go super Saiyan.

kiimo
Jul 24, 2003

I'm a Kansas fan and what do you think about Jalon Daniels next draft Doltos?

Ornery and Hornery
Oct 22, 2020

The 90s cartoon X-men Wolverine-laying-in-bed meme, but it’s me looking at cj stroud

TheGreyGhost
Feb 14, 2012

What is their reasoning? Seems like a silly narrative. As much as I wish otherwise, in real life people don't just suddenly go super Saiyan.

He’s essentially never been the “rah rah” guy on that offense. Going into the year that was JSN and Paris Johnson. If I’m being blunt about it, he’s always had the problem of being a little too honest about the business and almost necessary coping of the sport, whereas the lead up and post game of this were a lot more stereotypical “gave my all, would never go anywhere else” type poo poo that coaches tend to like. He still played a hell of a game so whatever attitude he had I’m fine with.

One of Justis Mosqueda or Charles McDonald called him QB3 by the time draft season is over with which is the stupidest draft brain poo poo I’ve heard in a while but also totally believable. Bryce’s improvisation is going to convince a team to take a flyer on him keeping things alive on a bad roster early. Levis has the big arm reclamation project and athleticism (even if his placement just isn’t in the same universe as Young/Stroud right now). CJ being a pinpoint dude just isn’t as sexy to the draft hype world because his arm is merely very good to great.

Also, please don’t fall for Max Duggan. He’s just a slightly more capable Ehlinger.

DTR feels like a dude who might be an okay backup on athleticism for a team that can keep him clean like Huntley but he still sprays the ball a lot past 10 yards which is going to annoy some coaches.

Ornery and Hornery
Oct 22, 2020

He’s pinpoint sexy to me, op.

I hope the rest of the teams let mr cj enjoy an apathetic life up here in the overcast PNW with the seattle Seahawks.

Ornery and Hornery
Oct 22, 2020

Who is the Daniel Faalele of this class?

I’m talking just a bear of a man. Paul Bunion vibes. Mitts the size of tennis rackets.

SIAKI IKA DT BAYLOR is around 360 pounds. A good start.

TheGreyGhost
Feb 14, 2012

Who is the Daniel Faalele of this class?

I’m talking just a bear of a man. Paul Bunion vibes. Mitts the size of tennis rackets.

SIAKI IKA DT BAYLOR is around 360 pounds. A good start.

Dawand Jones if he comes out. Right down to the inconsistent pass sets and being almost too big to play OT

Ornery and Hornery
Oct 22, 2020

J Carter has 6 sacks in 3 regular seasons.

What.

Cavauro
Jan 9, 2008

he has like 60 pressures but qbs throw the ball or slide and get sacked elsewhere pretty often when the rusher comes up the middle like that. made this up. never seen the guy in my life. never will

a neat cape
Feb 22, 2007

J Carter has 6 sacks in 3 regular seasons.

What.

He's really good

wandler20
Nov 13, 2002

How many Championships?
Mock from ESPN:

quote:

1. Houston Texans (2-13-1)

Bryce Young, QB, Alabama

The Davis Mills experiment has run its course, and it's time for general manager Nick Caserio to find the face of this franchise. Young, the 2021 Heisman Trophy winner, has outstanding poise and accuracy and would give the Texans an immediate-impact quarterback with the potential to change the trajectory of the team. He was excellent against Kansas State in the Sugar Bowl, throwing five touchdown passes and completing 71.4% of his throws.

Caserio is still trying to collect talent following last offseason's trade of Deshaun Watson, and Houston does have another first-round pick. It'd be smart to immediately get Young some help on offense.

Biggest needs: QB, WR, EDGE, OL

2. Chicago Bears (3-13)
Jalen Carter, DT, Georgia

The Bears are still in the early stages of their roster reconstruction and lack marquee talent on both sides of the ball. General manager Ryan Poles should take the best prospect available. And since Chicago ranks last in the league in sacks (20) -- and their leader in sacks is safety Jaquan Brisker (four) -- improving along the defensive front should be at the top of this team's priorities list this offseason.

Carter would give the Bears a rock solid 3-technique tackle up the middle. Remember that last offseason, Poles' first big signing was adding tackle Larry Ogunjobi, whose deal was rescinded because of a failed physical. There's still a large hole in the middle of the defense.

Biggest needs: DL, OL, WR

3. Seattle Seahawks (via 4-12 DEN)
Will Anderson Jr., OLB, Alabama

Seattle is in need of massive improvements up front, and Anderson would help shore up a weakness. His ability to wreak havoc and force offenses off-schedule is an element the Seahawks don't have on their roster, and defensive tackle Poona Ford is a pending free agent. Anderson's versatility and pass-rushing ability would give the Seahawks an immediate starter off the edge who can rack up double-digit sacks each season. He has averaged roughly two tackles for loss and a sack per game over the past two years.

Biggest needs: DT, EDGE, C

4. Arizona Cardinals (4-12)
Tyree Wilson, DE, Texas Tech

Arizona has several important offseason decisions ahead, particularly with general manager Steve Keim not around the team while on a health-related leave of absence. One thing is clear about this roster, though: It lacks young talent on both the offensive (43 sacks allowed, 23rd) and defensive (32 sacks, 27th) lines. With J.J. Watt retiring and Zach Allen set to become a free agent, the Cardinals have to find edge rushers who can start immediately.

After cruising to back-to-back seasons with 15 tackles for loss and seven sacks, Wilson would be an ideal fit in the Cards' three-man front, filling the void at end or outside linebacker. A towering presence at 6-foot-6 and 275 pounds, Wilson fits the physical profile the team has drafted early in previous years.

Biggest needs: OL, DL, CB

5. Indianapolis Colts (4-11-1)
C.J. Stroud, QB, Ohio State

The Colts have played musical chairs at quarterback since the abrupt retirement of Andrew Luck in 2019, which means they could be aggressive in this draft to trade up for the guy they want. In this scenario, the music officially stops, and the team secures its QB of the future in Stroud, a traditional pocket passer who has clean footwork and solid body mechanics. In an offense that already has building-block players like Jonathan Taylor, Michael Pittman Jr. and Quenton Nelson, Stroud would have early help as Indianapolis builds around his skill set.

He finished 2022 second in the FBS in Total QBR (88.8) and TD passes (41), whereas Indianapolis' 37.8 QBR and 15 TD throws are both bottom-six numbers.

Biggest needs: QB, OL, CB

6. Detroit Lions (via 5-11 LAR)
Bryan Bresee, DT, Clemson

The Lions have quickly turned into one of the most exciting teams in the league, but their defense still requires a lot of work. Detroit allows 6.3 yards per play and 398.7 yards per game, both last in the NFL. The defensive front has promising young playmakers in Aidan Hutchinson, Alim McNeill and James Houston, but adding Bresee would give the Lions a stout run defender up the middle. He would fit into Detroit's scheme right away as a 1- or 3-technique, and I already see a pro-ready arsenal of pass-rush moves to complement his heavy hands against the run.

Biggest needs: DL, CB, LB

7. Las Vegas Raiders (6-10)
Will Levis, QB, Kentucky

It seems the Derek Carr era is over in Las Vegas, so coach Josh McDaniels will be searching for a new signal-caller. I wouldn't be surprised if the Raiders look toward the veteran market for their solution, considering there will be a good deal of pressure in the building to win in 2023, but Levis' excellent physical traits could prove too intriguing to pass up. At 6-3 and 232 pounds, he has a huge arm and some power-rushing ability on QB keepers, but his turnover woes and poor decision making have been constant issues (23 interceptions over the past two seasons).

Biggest needs: QB, OL, DL

8. Atlanta Falcons (6-10)
Myles Murphy, DE, Clemson

Atlanta will look to shore up both the offensive and defensive lines this spring, and Murphy would be a big part of that. He could play multiple spots in defensive coordinator Dean Pees' 3-4 scheme. At 6-5 and 275 pounds, Murphy is a pressure generator with a full arsenal of pass-rush moves. The Falcons have only gotten pressure on 20.6% of opponent dropbacks this season (last in the NFL), so I really like Murphy's fit alongside Grady Jarrett. Atlanta hasn't seen a player reach double-digit sacks in a season since Vic Beasley had 15.5 in 2016.

Biggest needs: DL, CB, OL

9. Carolina Panthers (6-10)
Anthony Richardson, QB, Florida

Most scouts around the league agree that Richardson will be one of the toughest evaluations in this cycle. I could see him going in this range as the third or fourth quarterback off the board, but it also wouldn't be surprising to see him fall to Day 2. He only has 13 starts with middling production (24-15 TD-to-INT ratio) on his résumé, but the physical traits are eye-popping. His ceiling is really, really high.

A lot of questions loom in Carolina this offseason, and one of the biggest is the future outlook under center. Richardson will need patience, proper development and a franchise that avoids constant staff turnover. If the Panthers can maximize him, they can stabilize their QB position. Only Houston has a worse QBR over the past three years than Carolina (32.9).

Biggest needs: QB, CB, LB

10. Tennessee Titans (7-9)
Peter Skoronski, OT, Northwestern

Tennessee has needs at multiple spots along the offensive line, and Skoronski can play all five positions. Despite more than 2,200 snaps at left tackle over his career, there will be some debate about whether he projects better inside or outside. But regardless of where he ends up -- I think he's a tackle -- Skoronski's balance, toughness and physicality as a blocker fit well with the Titans' downhill scheme. Tennessee has allowed 45 sacks this season (tied for seventh-most) and can always use top-tier run-blockers to open things up for Derrick Henry.

Biggest needs: WR, OL, TE

11. Philadelphia Eagles (via 7-9 NO)
Jared Verse, DE, Florida State

The Eagles rely on strength in the trenches, and with Javon Hargrave, Brandon Graham, Fletcher Cox, Robert Quinn, Ndamukong Suh and Linval Joseph all scheduled to become unrestricted free agents, they will need help on defense. Verse is primarily a 5-technique, so he wouldn't be a true fix for the team's biggest need of a defensive tackle alongside Jordan Davis, but his combination of powerful hands, first-step explosion and finishing ability would help keep the NFL's best pass-rush unit strong amid the potential losses. Verse picked up nine sacks and 30 pressures this season for the Seminoles.

Biggest needs: DT, CB, S

12. Houston Texans (via 7-9 CLE)
Quentin Johnston, WR, TCU

Houston has to continue to collect talent at key positions, but it has the flexibility to take a true best-player-available approach with its second first-round selection after landing quarterback Bryce Young atop the board. And I see the Texans adding a big pass-catcher for him before Day 1 is over. Pairing the 6-4 Johnston with Brandin Cooks, John Metchie III and Nico Collins would give them a much-improved receiver room, and Johnston's catch radius and big-play ability provides Houston with something that isn't currently on the roster. He has gone over 1,000 yards this season, while the Texans are still looking for someone to crack 600.

Biggest needs: QB, WR, EDGE, OL

13. New York Jets (7-9)
Paris Johnson Jr., OT, Ohio State

General manager Joe Douglas has shown an emphasis on drafting premium positions in Round 1, and we've already seen a lot of promise from the Jets' 2022 class. New York could now look to the offensive line, with Mekhi Becton and Alijah Vera-Tucker returning from injury and George Fant set to hit free agency. Johnson is a potential early starter with experience at guard and tackle, and like Skoronski, he's a fit on the outside in the NFL -- which is where the Jets need an infusion of young talent. He has quick feet and strong hands both as a pass protector and run blocker.

Biggest needs: QB, OL, LB

14. Washington Commanders (7-8-1)
Joey Porter Jr., CB, Penn State

Offensive line could be the way to go here, but with the top cornerback still available, it's an easy choice for Washington. Porter has the potential to be an early high-end starter, and at 6-2 and 200 pounds, he's a long and rangy player who isn't afraid to get physical. His aggressiveness can be a gift and curse -- he can get caught out of position and grabby at times -- but his ball skills and savviness in getting hands in throwing windows (11 pass breakups) are standout traits. Pairing him with Benjamin St-Juste would give the Commanders a promising young duo on the perimeter.

Biggest needs: OL, CB, QB

15. New England Patriots (8-8)
Broderick Jones, OT, Georgia

The Pats' offensive tackle situation has been plagued by injuries and inconsistent play, and Isaiah Wynn is scheduled to become a free agent in the offseason. After only starting four games before this season, Jones has solidified himself as one of the best offensive lineman prospects in this class, allowing zero sacks so far. He's only a redshirt sophomore, but I see Jones as the most mobile of the linemen available. His combination of foot quickness as a pass protector and strength as a run blocker have helped him unlock the next stage of his development, and he'd provide Bill Belichick with a young option to build around at left tackle.

Biggest needs: OT, WR, LB

16. Seattle Seahawks (8-8)
Trenton Simpson, ILB, Clemson

We already got the Seahawks arguably the best prospect in the class in Anderson, and now they land a versatile linebacker who thrives in numerous alignments and can get after the quarterback. Simpson can make an impact as a stack linebacker or bring pressure off the edge, and he's an ideal fit for Seattle's scheme. The Seahawks might still be in the playoff hunt, but this defense has allowed 5.6 yards per play and only gotten pressure 27.9% of the time (both rank 23rd). So doubling up on the front seven makes sense here, especially since Simpson can help as a pass-rusher (12.5 career sacks).

Biggest needs: DT, EDGE, C

17. Pittsburgh Steelers (8-8)
O'Cyrus Torrence, G, Florida

Pittsburgh just invested a first-round pick in quarterback Kenny Pickett, so improving the protection around him is important. The Steelers have historically gravitated toward wide-bodied interior blockers, and Torrence fits the mold at 6-foot-5, 347 pounds. And he uses that frame extraordinarily well in multiple areas, displaying a skill set that translates well to the Steelers' power-running scheme. And he has enough short-area quickness to be dependable in pass protection, evidenced by just two sacks allowed over nearly 3,000 career snaps.

Biggest needs: OL, CB, DT

18. Detroit Lions (8-8)
Bijan Robinson, RB, Texas

The improved play of Jared Goff has quieted the need to draft a quarterback of the future, but the key to sustained success from Goff will be keeping top-tier firepower around him. The D'Andre Swift-Jamaal Williams duo has been exciting this season, but it's possible neither running back is in the team's long-term plans. Swift has battled durability issues and enters the final year of his deal in 2023, while Williams is set to become a free agent this offseason. Robinson would be a significant upgrade after rushing for 1,580 yards and 18 touchdowns in 2022. His contact balance and short-area quickness are superb, but he also has dependable hands and can be deployed as a receiver from many alignments.

Biggest needs: DL, CB, LB

19. Green Bay Packers (8-8)
Michael Mayer, TE, Notre Dame

Mayer fits exactly what the Packers ask of their tight ends as an outstanding pass-catcher and serviceable blocker. He could join receivers Christian Watson and Romeo Doubs to form a solid trio of targets for Aaron Rodgers. Mayer's ability to win against contested man coverage and find the holes against zone defenses makes him an intriguing prospect, and he now has back-to-back seasons with at least 800 receiving yards and seven trips to the end zone.

Biggest needs: S, TE, OL

play
0:31
Michael Mayer hauls in TD catch for the IrishMichael Mayer tops off an 80-yard drive for Notre Dame with a touchdown catch as the Fighting Irish cut it to 10-7.

20. Tampa Bay Buccaneers (8-8)
Kelee Ringo, CB, Georgia

After a national title-clinching pick-six last January, all eyes were on Ringo entering this season, but he had an up-and-down campaign. Landing in a scheme that plays a heavy amount of zone coverage will be key to his success at the next level, and the Bucs use zone 64.3% of the time (sixth-most). Plus, cornerbacks Sean Murphy-Bunting and Jamel Dean are both free agents after this season. Ringo is speedy and physical, and he has great 6-2, 210-pound size. He picked off two passes and broke up 10 more this season.

Biggest needs: CB, OL, DT

21. Jacksonville Jaguars (8-8)
Christian Gonzalez, CB, Oregon

Tyson Campbell is a budding star at cornerback, but the Jaguars have struggled to find consistency on the other side. Gonzalez is a smooth mover who can mirror and match receivers in man-to-man coverage but also turn his back to the sideline and be reliable in zone looks. He has high-level instincts and trusts his eyes when reading passing concepts. Gonzalez recorded a career-high four interceptions this season, too.

Biggest needs: CB, WR, DL

22. New York Giants (9-6-1)
Jordan Addison, WR, USC

A big decision looms for New York with quarterback Daniel Jones, but if he returns next season, the Giants have to give him better targets on the perimeter. The wide receiver room combined for 11.5 yards per catch (26th), and Isaiah Hodgins is the leading pass-catcher still under contract next season (351 yards). Addison is a smooth and nuanced route runner, and his ability to play both outside and in the slot helps a team clearly lacking talent at the position. He caught 59 passes for 875 yards and eight TDs this season, and the Giants would get a potential WR1 before a mini run on receivers here.

Biggest needs: WR, LB, CB

23. Baltimore Ravens (10-6)
Jaxon Smith-Njigba, WR, Ohio State

The Ravens haven't been shy about drafting receivers (eight over the past five drafts, including two first-rounders), but they really need one to work out long-term. Over the past three seasons, Baltimore is last in the NFL in WR receiving yards by a good margin (5,551, more than 800 yards shy of the next-worst team). After playing mostly in the slot during his career with the Buckeyes, Smith-Njigba is an ideal fit here in a pass offense centered around concepts built off the run game. Smith-Njigba only appeared in three games this season after battling a hamstring injury, but he went for more than 1,600 yards in 2021.

Biggest needs: WR, CB, DL

24. Los Angeles Chargers (10-6)
Jalin Hyatt, WR, Tennessee

I see Hyatt as the missing element in this offense. The Chargers need a vertical threat who can stretch the third level of the defense, and the Biletnikoff Award winner averaged 18.9 yards per catch in 2022. Hyatt is a player who can break open a game in an instant, and teaming him up with Keenan Allen and Mike Williams provides Justin Herbert with a high-caliber supporting cast. Herbert's 6.8 yards per attempt ranked 26th in the NFL this season, down from 7.5 (11th) in 2021. But Hyatt's downfield ability can help turn that back toward the top of the league.

Biggest needs: WR, DT, TE

25. Minnesota Vikings (12-4)
Cam Smith, CB, South Carolina

General manager Kwesi Adofo-Mensah showed in his first draft in Minnesota that he values initial quickness, and after the Vikings struggled mightily in pass defense this season (7.8 yards allowed per attempt, 31st in the NFL), they will be seeking defensive backs who show good burst and can make plays on the ball. Smith checks those boxes and has experience in the slot and on the outside. He has four picks and 17 pass breakups over the past two seasons, too. Patrick Peterson and Chandon Sullivan are on expiring deals, and Cameron Dantzler Sr. will be entering the final year of his contract in 2023, so cornerback depth will be a spot to watch.

Biggest needs: CB, WR, DL

26. Cincinnati Bengals (11-4)
Lukas Van Ness, DE, Iowa

Four corners and three offensive tackles are already off the board, so I'm looking at the edge rush, where more value lies. Trey Hendrickson and Sam Hubbard are both under contract through at least 2024, but having waves of pass-rushers is never a bad thing. Van Ness has yet to register a college start -- he's only a redshirt sophomore -- but has still totaled 13 sacks in a heavy rotation over two seasons. He's a heavy-handed run defender and powerful pass-rusher, which aligns with what Cincinnati covets off the edge.

Biggest needs: CB, OL, EDGE

27. Denver Broncos (via MIA/12-4 SF)
Darnell Wright, OT, Tennessee

The main focus of the offseason should be centered around Russell Wilson and correcting what went wrong during his first season in Denver. That starts with better protection after the Broncos allowed 61 sacks through 16 games (most in the NFL). Wright has continued to improve every time he has stepped on the field, and I think he will be a big riser as we get closer to April. There are some scouts who feel he is the best right tackle in this year's crop, and he'd be a Day 1 starter for Denver. His core strength and power allow him to easily generate movement at the point of attack and halt pass-rushers at the peak of his pass sets.

Biggest needs: OT, EDGE, CB

28. Dallas Cowboys (12-4)
Devon Witherspoon, CB, Illinois

Rookie DaRon Bland broke out this season with five interceptions, but the Cowboys could still use CB2 depth opposite Trevon Diggs, especially with Anthony Brown set to hit free agency. Witherspoon checks every box on the Dan Quinn cornerback checklist; he's 6-foot, is scheme-versatile and steps up as a run defender. Witherspoon has continued to climb up draft boards, and I think he can rise even more over the next few months. He kept opponents to a 29.8% completion percentage and 3.2 yards per attempt this year as the nearest defender.

Biggest needs: DT, WR, CB

29. Buffalo Bills (12-3)
Brian Branch, S/CB, Alabama

The Bills don't have many glaring holes, but Jordan Poyer will be a free agent, and Micah Hyde will be entering the final year of his deal in 2023. Branch fits as a 6-foot interchangeable defensive back who can play in the slot or a traditional strong safety role. And with Taron Johnson occupying slot duties, Branch could be deployed as a movable playmaker in this defense. He had 90 tackles, 12 tackles for loss, seven pass breakups, two interceptions, three sacks and nine run stops in 2022.

Biggest needs: G, C, WR, S

30. Kansas City Chiefs (13-3)
BJ Ojulari, OLB, LSU

The Chiefs could enter the offseason with question marks at both tackle spots, but the value is better here for a defensive end. Frank Clark might be headed out of town, and Carlos Dunlap was only on a one-year deal. Even after drafting George Karlaftis in 2022, the Chiefs still need players in the front seven who can generate consistent pressure. Ojulari's specialty is getting to the quarterback, thanks to great flexibility, bend and burst to corner. He'd be best used as a standup outside linebacker, though he could slot in right away opposite of Karlaftis as Kansas City's weakside end.

Biggest needs: OT, DL, S

31. Philadelphia Eagles (13-3)
Clark Phillips III, CB, Utah

The James Bradberry signing has been huge for the Eagles, but he's only on a one-year deal. And with the Eagles having multiple key players with expiring contracts, Bradberry could price himself out of Philadelphia. The Eagles haven't selected a cornerback in Round 1 since 2002 (Lito Sheppard), but with limited cap flexibility, general manager Howie Roseman will have to find key starters at premium positions through the draft. Phillips is a savvy corner who would slot in immediately opposite Darius Slay. He had six interceptions for the Utes this season.

Biggest needs: DT, CB, S

Kalli
Jun 2, 2001

A tackle AND he's named Jones? Hell yeah.

Metapod
Mar 18, 2012
Oh drat we get the 10th pick if we lose hotdamn give me that tackle

BlindSite
Feb 8, 2009

Id shoot myself in the loving face if we took Richardson.

FizFashizzle
Mar 30, 2005

BlindSite posted:

I’d put my head between the gun and your face.

The Puppy Bowl
Jan 31, 2013

A dog, in the house.

*woof*
A WR known for smooth route running and inside/outside versatility that lacks elite physical traits and is coming off a season ending leg injury? Does this dude know Rashod Bateman is already on the Ravens roster?

TheGreyGhost
Feb 14, 2012

The raiders replacing Derek Carr with a guy who is essentially a less proven Derek Carr is uh…sure McDaniels-y

Alaois
Feb 7, 2012

BlindSite posted:

a neat cape
Feb 22, 2007

Good mock. Give me Hyatt

Diva Cupcake
Aug 15, 2005

Snap call either Skoronski or Paris Johnson Jr. Yes please.

Ornery and Hornery
Oct 22, 2020

a neat cape posted:

Good mock. Give me Hyatt

Yeah! Herbie needs da speeds

Ornery and Hornery
Oct 22, 2020

TheGreyGhost posted:

The raiders replacing Derek Carr with a guy who is essentially a less proven Derek Carr is uh…sure McDaniels-y

A boat’s a boat. But the mystery box could be anything! Even a boat!

kiimo
Jul 24, 2003

a neat cape posted:

Good mock. Give me Hyatt

I'd kill myself

Cavauro
Jan 9, 2008

BlindSite posted:

kiimo posted:

I'd kill myself

i'll whoop my rear end

The Puppy Bowl
Jan 31, 2013

A dog, in the house.

*woof*

quote:

7. Draft O-Line. Always warms the heart to see them beefy boys.

ShakeZula
Jun 17, 2003

Nobody move and nobody gets hurt.

I support any mock that has the Colts getting Stroud without having to trade up.

a neat cape
Feb 22, 2007

kiimo posted:

I'd kill myself

How come

Carlosologist
Oct 13, 2013

Revelry in the Dark

If the Giants are running a similar offense to Daboll’s Buffalo offense, then I think at some point they’d need to add a true outside threat instead of another slot receiver. If Shepard and Robinson come back from their injuries then the depth at receiver is much stronger. Are there any receivers that match that archetype in this draft?

Roasted Donut
Aug 24, 2007

NWA WHITE POWERRR!!!!
11. Philadelphia Eagles (via 7-9 NO)
Jared Verse, DE, Florida State

The Eagles rely on strength in the trenches, and with Javon Hargrave, Brandon Graham, Fletcher Cox, Robert Quinn, Ndamukong Suh and Linval Joseph all scheduled to become unrestricted free agents, they will need help on defense.

lmao how the gently caress did the eagles let their entire defensive line corps hit free agency all at the same time

kiimo
Jul 24, 2003

I coveteth Hyatt and the last thing I want is loving Herbert chucking it all over the field to him in our division

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Ornery and Hornery
Oct 22, 2020

Draft draft draft draft draft

Thinking about big line players