Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Randalor
Sep 4, 2011

Regallion posted:

None of you are freaking out about the right thing - WHY is BURNER, a LORD, wounded and in rival cult's territory? What the gently caress managed to wound burner this bad?

Red almost cremated herself by accident when we first met her. The main thing is helping our friend when she needed it. Besides, she is close to Dancer/Blue, and one of her envoys was here as well. Out of all of the "Lords in an rival lord's territoy", Burner is the one that makes the most sense to be in Dancer's territory.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Dr_Gee
Apr 26, 2008

taiyoko posted:

I'm just so aaaaaaaa at the fact that it would have been so easy to just finish off Burner, but they don't know Red is Burner, so they're happy at being able to rescue her. And crying in advance at the heartbreak they're going to feel when they finally find that out.

nah i'm 93% sure [____] is clear that Red = Burner = who we're Off To Monolith about. "...all you can think about isn't 'I need to kill her now and secure my safety'..."

like, that also just doesn't matter - our friend is hurt and we're in a position to help and our Intent to Protect What Is Ours and our desire to know that camp was real matters, in this moment, even more than Smierca

Black August
Sep 28, 2003

The 7th posted:

You're part of a small group now. Five of you. You all know each other in degrees by the circumstances of how you came to the Island, and you all find a bond in your unshown hesitance over Melinda's promise. The bond was not yet Lordly, but it was still intense under the starry tropics. You were exploring with a mermaid volleyball announcer with as many health problems as you. You were talking frank about the drug roads you've been down with a gardener from a great walled lakebowl supercity. You were talking up this brute gregarious dryad, out of the Great Wilds and into the entice of Melinda, who was crazy from her chance to learn so much about the sciences. The dryad - learning about the manyfacet gemstone that was the new world's access to the fundaments of all things. There was not just the solar worship, oh no. There was the solar songs, the solar prayers, the solar magics, the solar psychic wavelengths, the solar maths, the solar chemistry; no end in sight for the loving mastery of such an all-powerful holy. Oh, she was so happy. She was so eager to educate. The Island had a lot of wonderful displacements- the functional geothermal plant, the abandoned oil-harvest off the shore, the intense flora and fauna; all of it sacred backdrop to the populated coasts which would be soon flowers of trade, study, healing. You thought healing would be great. If the promise of the trade routes is true and you stay here, then there's finally an open road for information and goods to circular around from the major three known powers... so maybe there's promise of a future where you're healed or more. But you're not worried about any of that right now, because this dryad. She's a nut. Party animal. Unreasonably smart. Still doesn't know social norms better than 50% at best. Will not shut up about solar wind physics or how to pray to the Sun with a smile to make a cut stop bleeding, but she's doing it with her grass hair shaking wild and a glass of greenwine gesturing, and you can't stop listening to her weird plant-brained social energy and soon you've learned three interesting facts, two of which will make sleep more difficult for the rest of your life.

She loves to chat you. Can't stop hanging off of the gardener. Is still trying to figure out the mermaid, which is where you've come in a few times with the save.

When grandma speaks though, she shuts up and listens.

Black August
Sep 28, 2003

Diamond Dreaming posted:

Hn.

DIAMOND DUSTED ANXIETY: [10%] [Huh?]

Oh, dammit. You slept. No, that's okay. It's okay. The last of diamond is still there on your weary neurons, dim glitterine in silver hall, the mushrooms blossoming God-lovely with the color of gemdust. It contains the fright-pressure of waking up gently, and you assess. Door into the (your) apartment? Closed. No Shatty. That was a coin toss. Thank goodness. Inhale, let your lungs pop and gurgle. Oh it's a miracle of love to know your lungs work so much better in sleep now with all the bubbles in them. Those moments where you suffocate from freezing up or nightmares or anxiety attacks don't leave you anywhere near as hosed up and unwell as before. You pat the parasite, who remains asleep since your heart didn't scream-scare it awake when you came to. It undulates, ruby filled with diamond light, sated on clean waters you ripped from the sink before you passed out on the couch.

Oh, right. Red! Bedroom door across from you, wide open. Is she there? What time is it? Dimgray, but well before dawn. You did sleep early. You stand stiffly and look, and confirm Red still wrapped in her blankets and your shroud, rested on the bed. Think. Last night. What was the last drive inside the diamond before that couchrest? You did one thing first. You triaged. You bandaged. You used that little medical tank. You hooked it up to your neck and you operated the intakes, and began to cast your bubbleblooding spells. How did it go?

(Bubbleblood II) 10(+3) [3]+[2]+[5] = 10 - Success [By 3]!
Tank Fills With: 2d+3 HP = 11 HP!

(Bubbleblood II) 10(+3) [2]+[1]+[3] = 6 - Success [By 7]!
Tank Fills With: 2d+7 HP = 16 HP!

Red heals for 27 HP!

You were so far inside the diamond's grace. You just sat there and held her hand and told her everything you were going to do to help and how the tank worked, and that you had learned so much since you graduated Camp and you survived to grow because of her and Blue. The tank, oh, it's evil little chemical windows were such a liquid-hypnotic boil of greens to convince you the spells had been processed. And then it was done. Two places were recommended. Either the back or side of the neck, or directly into the heart in emergency. Red took it right on her neck. God, God save, the flood and sound and horrorsight of the tank flooding her, and the soundless scream. She had torn it out, dropped it shaking, and held your hand until you wrapped her up and took away your shroud to cover her. You told her that it's her turn to sleep.

The couch was so soft and comfortable. You can see why the old clown likes to crash it so much. You wish you could keep sleeping, but you honestly had enough and want to be ready for what's next. The last glossing is going to fade, and it needs to fuel your absolute best of confidence. First thing is stretching out the awful cracks and tears. Wake up your achey body. You look out the windows towards the southeast, staring with crusty vision at the grays obscuring the distance. Looks... weird over there, actually. Wall of clouds over some irregular forest. It's already light rain today, with heavy promise in coming later.

Look at you. Look at how nice it is to have your own living space. Is this what it's like? All this space and please of design? But it has to be warbase for now. You go to the other bathroom first, and then to the little kitchen to suck down some more of the sating gemclear water. Nice to wake up without feeling so sick you could vomit. You wander up to your pack and go through it, proudly setting out the massive case for the Buster while also draping out the new suit you accidentally made from the nuclear wine. Dawn will be soon. You want Red to keep sleeping, so now is a good time to wash up. Shadowlight legs carry you past her with stealth, popping into the main bathroom. Oh, wow. It- was it really like this last time? You thought it was something to do with that pill. The beautiful of all this pearlescent, the shades of tourmaline and ultraviolet. It smells so nice in here. You play with the sink for a bit and then get to the shower itself, setting it to Ideal and shucking your suit. You get an idea, though. The new suit you're not going to touch for fear of messing with its fragile chemagics, and the Kadath suit you can leave alone since it self-cleans. But your suit... you drag it off and then into the shower with you. You can do a real sloppymess wash of it, followed by the juryrigged dryclean of wrapping it in Red's shroud until it eats up all the moisture. Easy easy. So you drop the worry and jump in, shivering for just a second as the water's temperature wildly vacillates to start by matching your body temperature, before a slow comfortable escalation.

You stare to the ceiling, lost in the aquatic music striking the gemstone mirrorpanes. Slay of Solar... the vast hell of the Sunburner Cult. Their horrible might of physics. You're really left with no choice but the gamble that's been brewing in your heart since you slept last night; if Red is hurt and messed up, there must be some reason for it, and you need to see if you can capitalize on it. But really, inside the shower tourmaline, you can admit that you need to get it over with. You need to tell Red what you are and see if she's going to kill you. You're sick at the idea of it, tormented, but the diamond has blooded you with memory of the emerald that is your heart, and the hope that at least a neutrality can be reached. So you have to. You must. You owe it to her and you can't live with the anxiety to come from withholding the truth. You're not going to kill her, obviously; even in a death confrontation of the worst, you'll just run. She counts for the promise. She always will.

The rest of the shower is a loss of thought to sound and heat. You have to ride the last last black-sky single sparkle of diamond still over you, so you can force yourself into this. You get out, wring out your suit, and then think twice and crank the temp of the water to superhigh and leave the suit to sit under the powerflow for a while. You look around and frown. poo poo. No more of those magic towels! And the ones you had were left back at the hideout for Kwiat's roosting. Dammit. It's fine. You just wander out quiet and peek, and see Red is still a lump of crumpled masked lump, so you totter over and grab off your shroud with a summoning wave of your hand, wrapping it over you as you walk out and redress in your newest - the chem-stink suit goes on again with its cheap skin-tickling sensation, and you tighten the bowtie as you redress yourself to wear the shroud Knight style instead of wraithing about. The sword and gun go military in wear, and you blink at yourself in the other bathroom's tiny mirror. Hm. A pretty lovely take on the Kadath version. You stick with the feather charm. Your other relics can remain packed until you have a better idea of what you're getting into.

Is it time? The final sparkle of diamond mind. You walk out and pray; here comes the ere of day.

Dawn.

THE TWENTY-NINTH DAY
1ST OF THE NEW MONTH
ANXIETY: [ X ][20%] [Red.]
HP: [ 30 / 30 ]
FP: [ 15 / 15.▒ ]

It's been a whole month. So you're going to start it right. There's nothing to prepare for breakfast besides raw rations, but you'll skip that and leave it for the road. No appetite... you wish you had some coffee at the least, though. It'd help this. Instead, you prepare some water, go back to reset the shower to 'Ideal', wrap up your suit in the shroud, and then begin the process of the inevitable. You walk over, lean down, and gently shake Red. Hey. Red. Wake up. Red?

You arm is grabbed hard, but the strength is gone quickly and you're left with a skewed blank mask staring at you. Her body slumps into relax. You reassure nervously, telling her that it's just you; she's safe! The burned dryad sits up slowly, cracking her neck. Her robe was left as a blanket tucked under the others, so she gets up in her Camp shirt and shorts. She walks at first with a slow limp and hunch, before she forces out the worst muscle pains with an application of tree-like stretches and some cheats with her hand heating up. It seems she managed to get some sort of bloodspell working in her sleep, fueled by the dump of healing your tank gave her. She's not 100%, but she's already walking woozily and with arms cartwheeling to get the feeling back. You tell her that a shower is ready, and she responds with a stare before she walks into the open door bathroom, and blithely walks right into the active shower. She spends about a minute staring at the wall, still dressed, before she stumbles out (almost slipping but able to grab the stall door) and then waits a second on the mat. Then there's a great puft of heated airs, and she's blowndry instantly with an absurd puff of her strawgrass hair. Well, poo poo. There goes your hope to have some time to think through how to approach this. But it's too late. You have to lead into it right, so you start with an ask of the obvious;

Red, what happened? Why are you hurt so bad?

The dryad cultist slumps her head up to look at you, and she adjusts her mask to be worn right. She walks over and looks at her robe, and then puts it on - but by tying it around her waist instead of throwing it on. She wanders out to the living room and stares around for a bit, before she notices the glass dancepad. She wanders up to it and steps on it with focus, jerking her leg back when it lights up hard enough to nearly burst the complex wish mechanisms. She kicks it again but gently, waving you over. The lights in the squares can do a lot of complex things... and with some rough focus and twisting, Red is able to make each panel form rudiment words for you to read.

MARKED FOR DEATH

You- what, why? You didn't think that was even a thing. Aren't the cults unbreakable? Why is your cult trying to kill you?!

THINK I BETRAYED THEM

Oh. But why? You didn't, right?

YEAH I KINDA DID

You did?! How? You kneel and read, looking to her blank mask as she gestures.

MANY BAD DUMB STUFF
WENT TO HOLY LAND
PRESERVED HERETIC THOUGHTS
ASKED WEIRD QUESTIONS
MYSTERIOUS DREAMS
ABSTAINED FROM SOME DESTRUCTIONS
ETC ETC

Oh. Well that's-

LAST STRAW WAS BLEEDER

ANXIETY: [ X ][ X ][30%] [Stomach hurts...]

Bleeder?

THINK I KILLED HIM

But-

I DIDN'T KILL HIM

N-

EITHER WAY DEATH MARKED
NOT SAFE FOR YOU
I NEED TO GO
YOU SAVED MY LIFE
THANK YOU MOONLIGHT

She's gathering her spilled things and rucksacks. She's getting ready to leave. She's going to walk out and you could say nothing save 'goodbye'. But-

ANXIETY: [ X ][ X ][ X ][40%] [Say something.]

「Lionheart」

ANXIETY: [ X ][ X ][ X ][ X ][50%] [My body is burning. I have to say something.]

「WL 20」

ANXIETY: [ X ][ X ][ X ][ X ][ X ][60%] [It's your fault. You have to say it.]

「Solar Shroud」

ANXIETY: [ ! ][ ! ][ ! ][ ! ][ ! ][ ! ][70%] [She's our Counselor! We can trust her!]

「Camp Champ!」

ANXIETY: [ !! ][ !! ][ !! ][ !! ][ !! ][ !! ][ !! ][80%] [CONFESS!]

I KILLED BLEEDER.

Red stops in the middle of pushing some cute little keychain-sized jerry cans into her pocket. She points at you, and you nod your head frantic. Heart screaming. Body vilelight with white hot horror. Me. Me. Me. I did. I did. I did. But she walks to the glass and lights the words.

I DON'T BELIEVE IT
IT'S OKAY I'LL SURVIVE
DON'T COVER FOR ME

The horror-heat becomes a vile drive of proofneed. No! You DID! LOOK. LOOK AT THIS, RED. SEE?

Your suit is torn open with fury. You stare at her grimacing. Tears in your eyes. You've pulled your shirt open to reveal it - the awfultrue of that sevenpoint scar, the scythe's tip venting to the nightmare that was your soul. You KNOW she can see it, as a witch. You know she can see that one of the scars is blossomed, brilliant with a hue not found in Heaven's rainbow.

Look at it, Red.
Look at this proof.
Look at the murder of a Lord.

Her response is clear. She's fallen back and sat down awkward, staring at the scar with body language limp. She can see. She knows proof. You, Lordslayer. The light of dawn pierces the windows, dimmest rainy bluegrays casting shadows over the soft of the sullen room. This is it. Execution pending. You wait a beat and then close up the suit, adjusting your bowtie with sweaty stinging fingers. Red is still just looking at you, and you sniff and find a rag to blow your nose on, since doing it on her shroud like you usually would is bad. Despite the killready necessity, you've lost the edge, and your hands are nowhere near your gun or blade in ready. No, when Red finally moves, it's just to press a hand to the glass and shine words of pale light.

WHY

...you sit down across from your Counselor and sniff again, and realize you've had no chance to tell anyone. Of the deepest truth you live under the white shadow of, absolute. You tell her that- you tell her, true, that Death demands a debt of you. You tell Red that you're here because Śmiercią will tear your soul apart if you don't bring her the souls of the Lords of the Island. You- you have one. You have it, by your right of slay, and you can't stop. You can't! Śmiercią is all-powerful! You tell Red you're sorry, you're so sorry they blame her for it. You start to hyperventilate and sweat hard enough to feel sick, stumbling over thoughts and words to try to explain everything all at once. You startle when Red sits up and takes your hand, the other holding the glass floor to spell out-

CALM DOWN IT'S OK

ANXIETY: [ X ][ X ][ X ][40%] [I don't want to do this.]

You lean down and bubble your lungs, spitting bile and coughing out with tears as you steady yourself back. You sniff hard and shake your head, and stammer it out plain- you're going to kill Red's Lord, you're going to sneak down to her Megalith and kill her, and you don't want to kill Red so please please PLEASE just pretend we didn't see each other and you'll make it obvious you're the killer and then she'll be cleared and it'll all work out just like that and please don't hate me-

Your other hand is taken. You stop and make a weird whining noise, overwhelmed and vulnerable, and you let Red pull you down and over into a kneel with her. She uses her deluxified gift-shroud to wipe your face and gives you time to compose yourself. When you do, she motions to the glass for you to read.

YOU NEED BURNER'S SOUL

You cough and swallow, and nod your head with conviction. Yes. You do. Red inhales and bows her head for a while, and all you can imagine is disappointment and hate. But then she looks at you, and touches the glass, and you look together at her words.

I WILL HELP YOU

[Red has joined your party!]

Nea
Feb 28, 2014

Funny Little Guy Aficionado.
god i cannot wait to see where this goes

Aabcehmu
Apr 27, 2013

Confusion As a Natural State of Being
She's still Red, not Burner?

Hm. I wonder if maybe we're going to pull some sort of disjunctive trick, pull her apart into two people, one with the lordsoul and one with the friendship? Since there's already some sort of weird duality going on between camp and non-camp reality.

Black August
Sep 28, 2003

In regards to the Rethreader, the character is not willing to use it just yet, wishing to wait until they've tried the Zolty Zuit and seen what the situation down in the Nuclear is like. Especially since the Zolty Zuit is cursed, which could be a potential issue; this is the same reason they don't want to try using the Deluxifier on it either, in case its risky magics improve but also come with a more powerful curse. The White Belt refuses DX due to its innate mundane nature. The Oilstained Shield doesn't seem to register as valid for the DXing. Moloch Buster is trapped inside the case. The rest doesn't qualify. Which leaves the question to be asked now or at the next major pit stop-

Do you deluxe? Or deluxe you don't?

Voting ends in the AM.

Aabcehmu posted:

She's still Red, not Burner?

'Red' is who she wishes to be when with the character, yes.

JT Jag
Aug 30, 2009

#1 Jaguars Sunk Cost Fallacy-Haver
Voted Old Suit, it's been established that it has a super-long upgrade tree, and deluxifying is probably part of it

Aabcehmu
Apr 27, 2013

Went with Kadath Regalia > Alzisian because I'm a little hosed up and want to know what happens.

Marluxia
May 8, 2008

Yeah Impact being high and text being red makes it pretty impossible NOT to take.

Aabcehmu
Apr 27, 2013

High impact doesn't necessarily mean positive impact! But I am a very curious cat.

taiyoko
Jan 10, 2008

Gonna be interesting to see what happens when they run into any other sunburners along the way...

Regallion
Nov 11, 2012

Vote for rethreader +, i'm sure being able to sew better will be beneficial.
Also please stop picking cursed-rear end poo poo, we already have enough dark curses up our rear end to last us a lifetime, which, at this rate, is estimated at about 5 days or so.

PepperedMoth
Apr 8, 2022

Less salt, more pepper.
:ohdear:

I'm the edge of my seat to see how this progresses. Poor Red. Poor Tyrant Child.

Deluxifier-wise--though I'm curious about Alzisian, I voted for the Rethreader, myself; since it's a multi-use upgrader tool, upgrading it seems like it would provide repeated benefits.

FAT BATMAN
Dec 12, 2009

Hell no, man, I wanna see what a deluxe uplink can do! I love sending down orbital strikes!

Also there’s no doubt in my mind that Kadath Regalia’s upgrade is some disgustingly corruptive power.

taiyoko
Jan 10, 2008

I forgot to mention earlier that I absolutely love how Red's name for them is Moonlight :kimchi:

Rubix Squid
Apr 17, 2014
AAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAA :ohdear:

What do I need to sacrifice to dread lord RNG to gain favor for our dear tyrant child and Red?

Randalor
Sep 4, 2011

I voted for the Regalia, worst case scenario, we can suitify it into the old suit.

pumpinglemma
Apr 28, 2009

DD: Fondly regard abomination.

Yeah, I think using the deluxifier on Kadath is just going to end with something horrifyingly cursed - we’ll be better off using it on the rethreader for permanently-enhanced upgrades. Also, holy poo poo this entire update was gold. But not the Hell End type of gold. Tourmaline, perhaps.

Randalor
Sep 4, 2011

I guess my one question I'd... Did Red join us to help us, or to kill us? I'm hoping that our low kill-count helps convince her that we're just doing this because we have to, not because we're a murder-hobo psychopath.

Dr_Gee
Apr 26, 2008
was hella torn between rethreader and regalia. voted regalia because +1 to what everyone else has said about sheer curiosity

also i legit teared up a little at this update A++++ excellent update S+ amazing counseling

pumpinglemma
Apr 28, 2009

If she was going to kill us, she’d probably have done it right then. There’s a possibility she wants to use us to clear her name with the Sunburners (or just to survive them) and will betray us afterwards, but I think it’s more likely she knows some way of getting all or part of a lord’s soul without hurting the lord too much and she genuinely wants to help us (and save the other lords from us) without killing us. There have been persistent hints that she has some hidden knowledge of what’s going on behind the curtain, and this could all feed in.

Also, I really want to see the player’s take on this. Allying with Burner has got to be one for the Blue Book for sure.

Captain Foo
May 11, 2004

we vibin'
we slidin'
we breathin'
we dyin'

Voted rerethreader

Podima
Nov 4, 2009

by Fluffdaddy
Holy poo poo what a great twist. Excellent update!

Black August
Sep 28, 2003

VOTING CLOSED - My Summer Deluxe

Nothing. Let's save it for later in this walk, or for after it ends. - 1
Black Blade DX [Small] - 0
Ashtheft DX [Mid] - 1
Revolver DX [Mid] - 0
Old Suit DX [Small] - 3
Kadath Regalia DX [Large] - 10 -> Ā̦́L̞̄́Z̳̚͘Ĩ͚͝S̢͍̎I̭̾̀Ą̼̄N̴̩͊
Life Tank DX [Small] - 0
Field Kit DX [Mid] - 0
Shovel DX [Large] - 0
Reathreader DX [Mid] - 9
My First Uplink DX [Large] - 2

...LOADING

Regallion
Nov 11, 2012

welp.
PS: add "Acquiring the MCD" to our TO-DO list. No need to murder all of their rank and file, a lot of them are likely just tryin to survive in this hellworld, but the board and top management should absolutely go the way of the dinosaurs.

Captain Foo
May 11, 2004

we vibin'
we slidin'
we breathin'
we dyin'

Welp

Randalor
Sep 4, 2011

No whammy no whammy no whammy...

Marluxia
May 8, 2008

This is gonna be fun.

The Deluxifier is a multi use item anyway iirc so hopefully we can upgrade rethreader next time without being distracted by other items.

PetraCore
Jul 20, 2017

👁️🔥👁️👁️👁️BE NOT👄AFRAID👁️👁️👁️🔥👁️

Marluxia posted:

This is gonna be fun.

The Deluxifier is a multi use item anyway iirc so hopefully we can upgrade rethreader next time without being distracted by other items.
I think it's one-use but Ol' Napp presumably has them to sell frequently.

Black August
Sep 28, 2003

[It really happened.]

[She's still Allied. She's still acting like a Counselor.]

[It isn't improbable at all to meet a Lord outside of their domain, especially Burner, who was one of the most mobile after Bleeder. But to see her at the apartments, to see her so badly hurt and tired- and now just another party member, on the quest for her slay. What IS this? Who is waiting down in her Megalith; or does it stand empty? The screen for Ally Mutual Relations reveals another bizarrity; although the character is Allied to Burner and Friendly with the Sunburners, Burner herself was listed as the Sunburners being Murderous towards her! How? What provoked that to happen, all the way back at the Camp?]

[The question then comes- Kill Burner.]

[She'd take a few hits while Allied before she'd go hostile. The new nuke-suit isn't on, but with total brute force and not much luck... she'd be dead without having to go anywhere near her Megalith. But, then, would that work? Not the assault, but the flags and mechanics; would it resolve right? This wasn't acting particularly glitchy, since Burner was following with perfectly fine pathing and every option for an Ally available. What if... she was just left alive, as an Ally, and then walked to Megalith? What happens then? Does an Event wait? Will it be a glitch or softlock? Will Burner go Murderous with the right flag trip and instantly nuke? It's unbearable no matter which option is used. But leaving her alive is too strong to disagree with. She's injured, so it's a simple matter of carrying her to the apartments. Getting into the elevator without the passphrase is simple; all the Lords are coded such that any cult-powered place or object will NOT impede them, so they can chase you around without you being able to wish up permanent walls or something. So the doors simply open, and then she's deposited on the bed with an Ally-order to rest and heal until over 80%. This is sped up a great deal with a few strong healing rolls, which fills the new relic to use on her.]

[Morning comes and... she's still Allied. She's ready to follow you on walk. She'll have to be ordered to hide, stay, or leave-and-return-later a lot to avoid her own cult, but it'll be worth the unique of having the Fifth Lord march to her own death. Before a leave it's just a matter of suiting up right and using items; but then something interesting comes up again. The Kadath suit, made from Kadath silk. That much was known, plenty of scatters of information about it. But what the Blue Book doesn't reveal at all is what happens if the silk or its possible suit is deluxified. So the plate is attached, and what comes of it is logical;]

[Something made of what lies beyond Kadath.]

pumpinglemma
Apr 28, 2009

:ohdear:

Captain Foo
May 11, 2004

we vibin'
we slidin'
we breathin'
we dyin'

Aabcehmu
Apr 27, 2013

I am very excited.

Rubix Squid
Apr 17, 2014

Marluxia
May 8, 2008

:sickos:

Arcanuse
Mar 15, 2019

Deimos. Deeiiimooos. How will you like our new suit, I wonder.
Kadath was not enough, not enough. But the new one ought do the trick.

tFUCKINGmesis
Oct 5, 2011
Little concerned that the suit might get up and walk away while everyone's talking about it.

Randalor
Sep 4, 2011

Hey, if it's getting up to go gently caress up MC&D, I'm all for it. We have some spare equipment we can give it too,

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Aabcehmu
Apr 27, 2013

It’d be pretty fun if we went from a party of 1 to a party of 3 with our party members being ‘one of the primary bosses of the game’ and ‘a suit that we upgraded until it self-animated’