Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Toxic Mental
Jun 1, 2019

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Zokari
Jul 23, 2007

[THEATRICAL PRODUCTION]

priznat
Jul 7, 2009

Let's get drunk and kiss each other all night.
Nuuuukieeeeeeeeee

Space Kablooey
May 6, 2009

Gutcruncher posted:

I’ve been buying a whole bunch of g-kids ghibli blurays. I know most of those are on hbo max too but lol at assuming they’ll be there tomorrow. Don’t know how I hadn’t seen Porco Rosso until now!

Porco Rosso rules but like almost every Ghibli movie it nosedives at the end

That DICK!
Sep 28, 2010

stillvisions
Oct 15, 2014

I really should have come up with something better before spending five bucks on this.

Origami Dali posted:

the tape is over 80k now. What a world

The bidder is doing it all for the Nukie.

RealityWarCriminal posted:

I hope they do Space Cop 2 in 10 years and Len kabasinski directs and Linnea qiigley and barbara crampton are in it and it's dedicated to Mike

Before that I want a Space Cop: Special Edition where they add musical numbers and more unconvincing CG in to the original and release it again.

ProperCoochie posted:

Let's not overthink it. American audiences get massive nostalgia boners for anything that references the past.

Godfather 1: 1940-50s!!!!!!!!

Godfather 2: 1940-50s!!!!!!!!!!!! PLUS 1900 PLUS 1920s OMG it must be twice as good!!!

Lots of posts discussing the appeal of Back to the Future but nobody mentioned the huge boon of ~THE 1950'S~ It's that simple, THE PAST = AMAZING AND GOOD. And of course Robert Zem did the same thing with Forrest Gump. 50s boners 60s boners 70s boners 80s boners = one of the biggest films of all time.

Idiot audiences wanting something to point and cheer over and say I KNOW WHAT THAT IS or I REMEMBER THAAAT applies to decades too, not just star wars droids.

Maybe the big mistake WW 1984 made was not making it in a slightly later timeframe so parents would want to take their kids and show them how they fake-remember growing up in the 90s.

Usu Kai Ken
Oct 2, 2021
The past in godfather was poo poo lol. Like the entire point of 2 was that Vito did his best to improve the situation for his family and Michael ruined it by driving his away

Sunk Dunk
Apr 14, 2021
it's crazy we live in a world when 80k is disposable income for some individuals, should start thinking about doing something about that

Offler
Mar 27, 2010

stephenthinkpad posted:

The first person who sent RLM the first Nukie tape in 2013 was a time traveler.

https://twitter.com/redlettermedia/status/384757991108390912?s=20

He single handedly started the biggest butterfly effect in order to circumvent the darkest timeline.

In the new timeline, the Nukie tape will sell for over 200k USD and forever change the landscape of the VHS collector market. Mike will eventually quite being a content creator and go on the create "Nukiecoin"'.

Future Movie idea - A kid whose life was saved at the children's hospital thanks to RLM's donation learns about this as an adult and decides to find out who sent the first Nukie tape to RLM so that he can thank them in person. But to find out who sent the tape, he must visit a Milwaukee old age home where it is said that "Crazy" Mike Stoklasa lives.

Milo and POTUS
Sep 3, 2017

I will not shut up about the Mighty Morphin Power Rangers. I talk about them all the time and work them into every conversation I have. I built a shrine in my room for the yellow one who died because sadly no one noticed because she died around 9/11. Wanna see it?
lol Mike's never gonna be old

Offler
Mar 27, 2010

Milo and POTUS posted:

lol Mike's never gonna be old

Hey, I've read enough mythology to know that the gods will make sure that someone who laughs that hard and that often at the elderly will ironically live to 115.

stillvisions
Oct 15, 2014

I really should have come up with something better before spending five bucks on this.

Offler posted:

Future Movie idea - A kid whose life was saved at the children's hospital thanks to RLM's donation learns about this as an adult and decides to find out who sent the first Nukie tape to RLM so that he can thank them in person. But to find out who sent the tape, he must visit a Milwaukee old age home where it is said that "Crazy" Mike Stoklasa lives.

They then have to rescue him because his mad cackling at all the old patients has him locked in a dementia ward, requiring the kid to assemble all the old team. Using props and disguises from Space Cop they manage to engineer a daring escape, bringing Mike back to a re-creation of the original office to try and jog his memory.

Once rescued, however, he reveals his forgetting was a ruse, as *he* actually sent the original tape to the group as a joke, and his entire career was built on that lie. The team is crestfallen by this revelation, but then a video surfaces of all the tributes of children saved by the video surface, and everyone realizes that nobody gives a gently caress about truth in online content creation and they go off to make a new video together about the joy that Nukie brought them all. The joy of Nukie is shared with the world and the kid goes home happy.

The final twist is then revealed once the kid goes home that the tribute video of all the children was a fake made by the RLM crew, and everyone was in on it, and the touching tribute video generates millions of views and ad revenue for a secret astroturfing campaign for Disney's Nukie Cinematic Universe, coming soon to theatres everywhere.

Cubone
May 26, 2011

Because it never leaves its bedroom, no one has ever seen this poster's real face.

Toxic Mental posted:

hm

yeah that's a good one

Sunk Dunk
Apr 14, 2021
drat renner ran himself over with a beast.

we should all download the renner app in solidarity

priznat
Jul 7, 2009

Let's get drunk and kiss each other all night.
I don't know why but local news radio here is leading with the Renner story every news break and who really cares. Slow news day I guess. Hope he's ok but sheesh.

stephenthinkpad
Jan 2, 2020
I didn't even realize Nukie was a South African production. Can Disney even find the rights holder to buy it or they have to do that thing to copyright free IP? Disney's Tim Burton's Nukie.

Sydney Bottocks
Oct 15, 2004

Sunk Dunk posted:

drat renner ran himself over with a beast.

we should all download the renner app in solidarity

Isn't that the thing Wendy and Danny escaped in when they fled the Overlook Hotel? Maybe it was haunted too :ghost:

Gripweed
Nov 8, 2018
Women are wonderful animals, they should be making music and writing novels about having a complex relationship with your mother.

Sydney Bottocks posted:

Isn't that the thing Wendy and Danny escaped in when they fled the Overlook Hotel? Maybe it was haunted too :ghost:

He was trying to ghost ride the plow

Your Gay Uncle
Feb 16, 2012

by Fluffdaddy
Sick on the couch and watching stuff update 2023: figured since I was just going to lay on the couch I might as well finish Rings of Power. Got bored and started watching Two Towers instead. I'm alway happy when the little tree guy on fire puts himself out at the end.

Rings of Power spoiler
thanks for changing the title card to Mordor, how else is one to realize the blighted hellscape with a giant volcano in the midde was Mordor

Sunk Dunk
Apr 14, 2021
ive found shocking footage of the jeremy renner incident

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=pbeim9rTcEc

Randarkman
Jul 18, 2011

Rings of Power really just felt like a waste of time.

Keromaru5
Dec 28, 2012

Pictured: The Wolf Of Gubbio (probably)

This avatar made possible by a gift from the Religionthread Posters Relief Fund

stephenthinkpad posted:

The first person who sent RLM the first Nukie tape in 2013 was a time traveler.

https://twitter.com/redlettermedia/status/384757991108390912?s=20

He single handedly started the biggest butterfly effect in order to circumvent the darkest timeline.

In the new timeline, the Nukie tape will sell for over 200k USD and forever change the landscape of the VHS collector market. Mike will eventually quite being a content creator and go on the create "Nukiecoin"'.
Plot twist: that same time traveler is the one who buys it, and every copy of Nukie that RLM shredded was actually the same copy, sent back in time to strategic moments to build up interest in Nukie and produce an ever more spectacular wood chipper pile. Yes, even the ones with different covers.

Endless Trash
Aug 12, 2007

Randarkman posted:

Rings of Power really just felt like a waste of time.

Next season might be better if they don’t insist that almost all of the characters have a secret identity that must be revealed before any actual plot can happen.

Cubone
May 26, 2011

Because it never leaves its bedroom, no one has ever seen this poster's real face.

Keromaru5 posted:

Plot twist: that same time traveler is the one who buys it, and every copy of Nukie that RLM shredded was actually the same copy, sent back in time to strategic moments to build up interest in Nukie and produce an ever more spectacular wood chipper pile. Yes, even the ones with different covers.
what is this, Triangle? :mmmhmm:

this joke is for all you fans of the 2009 horror film Triangle

reignofevil
Nov 7, 2008
Mike is gonna be 100 and he's gonna die from slipping on a banana peel into william shatner's open grave (it was open that day for unrelated reasons) and when he goes chest to chest with the rotten remains one last whispered utterance of "loser kid" will be knocked free of shatner's long dead rib cage, held there as much by the rigor mortis as anything. Mike will then expire gracefully in repose upon his hero.

Origami Dali
Jan 7, 2005

Get ready to fuck!
You fucker's fucker!
You fucker!
i wonder how much of shatner's money has been lost in crypto by his handlers

Arc Hammer
Mar 4, 2013

Got any deathsticks?

"And now, making a difference for young victims of gun violence."

stillvisions
Oct 15, 2014

Origami Dali posted:

i wonder how much of shatner's money has been lost stolen in crypto embezzlement by his handlers elder abuse

Fixed that for you...

Usu Kai Ken
Oct 2, 2021
He can’t be that poor considering he’s rejected every single podcast offer from millionaire Mike Stoklasa

Assepoester
Jul 18, 2004
Probation
Can't post for 10 years!
Melman v2
Choose your fighter

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=dPoaN2XROk8
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=eFYUX9l-m5I

Assepoester fucked around with this message at 21:39 on Jan 2, 2023

Nice Guy Patron
Jun 29, 2015
I learned today that they're remaking left behind with Kevin sorbo. Or someone who looks like him.

Usu Kai Ken
Oct 2, 2021
Honestly the scariest part of M3gan isn’t her uncanny valleyness or bloodlust. It’s the fact that she’s clearly based on Elizabeth Olsen. Because that’s exactly the kind of thing that irl techbro creeps would do

ZeusCannon
Nov 5, 2009

BLAAAAAARGH PLEASE KILL ME BLAAAAAAAARGH
Grimey Drawer

A strange game. The only way to win is not to play

Gripweed
Nov 8, 2018
Women are wonderful animals, they should be making music and writing novels about having a complex relationship with your mother.
M3gan looks like it could be good.

Sunk Dunk
Apr 14, 2021

AARD VARKMAN
May 17, 1993

Searching was a fun watch, I'm sure this "sequel" by two first time directors will also be good

Barry Bluejeans
Feb 2, 2017

ATTENTHUN THITIZENTH
"From the minds behind" or any variance thereof is a near-guarantee of a dogshit film

Usu Kai Ken
Oct 2, 2021
And plus M3gan doesn’t even have the real mastermind behind Malignant, Ingrid Bisu

Gripweed
Nov 8, 2018

Usu Kai Ken posted:

And plus M3gan doesn’t even have the real mastermind behind Malignant, Marina Mazepa

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

RealityWarCriminal
Aug 10, 2016

:o:
Glad to see Tom Hanks has finally retired and can now phone it in in every performance