Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.
Clive?
Clive
a
Clive
View Results

Enderzero
Jun 19, 2001

The snowflake button makes it
cold cold cold
Set temperature makes it
hold hold hold

History Comes Inside! posted:

Yeah the paddles work, they’ve been making them forever.

It’s basically a stock controller with a custom wiring job to add the paddles, same way you got DS4’s or 360 controllers with paddles before Sony and MS released the real ones.

tuo posted:

That's an eXtremeRate Rise PS5 kit.

Yeah, I got this kit and installed it. Works great! The paddles are metal and click satisfyingly. Programming the buttons is just the slightest bit finicky but it’s not an issue in practice. Install was delicate but not too bad and now I can dodge and move the camera at the same time which is good because I’ve never been able to claw hand a controller like you bumper jumper weirdos.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

exquisite tea
Apr 21, 2007

Carly shook her glass, willing the ice to melt. "You still haven't told me what the mission is."

She leaned forward. "We are going to assassinate the bad men of Hollywood."

Cid: Hold L2 against a flurry of incoming attacks to generate a block chain! You know, blockchains can be quite useful and practical for many situations...

Geo Fixer
Jan 10, 2012

"Freedom lies in being bold."
-Robert Frost

FlamingLiberal posted:

Square-Enix is doubling-down on the crypto bullshit and saying the kinds of things that gamblers say when they think they can make back all of that money they lost with one last roll

https://twitter.com/VGC_News/status/1609883123562549250?s=20&t=noMeP5W7oSej2N2-R2dH5Q

Bad news: Square-Enix is going bankrupt
Good news: Sony's buying Square-Enix :getin:

Volte
Oct 4, 2004

woosh woosh

Geo Fixer posted:

Bad news: Square-Enix is going bankrupt
Good news: Sony's buying Square-Enix :getin:
Bad news: Sony's buying Square-Enix just so they can make prestige Final Fantasy and Tomb Raider TV shows

exquisite tea
Apr 21, 2007

Carly shook her glass, willing the ice to melt. "You still haven't told me what the mission is."

Square-Enix doesn't own Tomb Raider anymore, it and Deus Ex were sold off to some holding group and I think Crystal Dynamics then bought back the rights themselves.

acksplode
May 17, 2004

Enderzero posted:

Yeah, I got this kit and installed it. Works great! The paddles are metal and click satisfyingly. Programming the buttons is just the slightest bit finicky but it’s not an issue in practice. Install was delicate but not too bad and now I can dodge and move the camera at the same time which is good because I’ve never been able to claw hand a controller like you bumper jumper weirdos.

Am I reading it right that you need to do some soldering to remap L3/R3? How much of a pain is that? Trying to decide if going through the effort of installing this kit is a less pathetically obsessive way to get back buttons than sticking with my dualexpense preorder.

Sakurazuka
Jan 24, 2004

NANI?

exquisite tea posted:

Square-Enix doesn't own Tomb Raider anymore, it and Deus Ex were sold off to some holding group and I think Crystal Dynamics then bought back the rights themselves.

Embracer Group own CD and all the western SE IPs they sold off. They just announced a new Tomb Raider game published by... Amazon??

BeanpolePeckerwood
May 4, 2004

I MAY LOOK LIKE SHIT BUT IM ALSO DUMB AS FUCK

fridge corn posted:

But what does it taste like

sweat

exquisite tea
Apr 21, 2007

Normal or Tali's

BeanpolePeckerwood
May 4, 2004

beefswelling backpaddles, girdershape of ecstasy

tuo
Jun 17, 2016

exquisite tea posted:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=arCITMfxvEc&t=133s

fridge corn
Apr 2, 2003

NO MERCY, ONLY PAIN :black101:

Volte posted:

Bad news: Sony's buying Square-Enix just so they can make prestige Final Fantasy and Tomb Raider TV shows

I would watch a prestige final fantasy show no matter how bad it was

Arist
Feb 13, 2012

who, me?

fridge corn posted:

Thundercracker
Jun 25, 2004

Proudly serving the Ruinous Powers since as a veteran of the long war.
College Slice
Got Mechwarrior 5 : Mercanaries on sale and it's actually good? Like they perfectly captured the feeling of the old mercs game on PC but it's intuitive to play.

Enderzero
Jun 19, 2001

The snowflake button makes it
cold cold cold
Set temperature makes it
hold hold hold

acksplode posted:

Am I reading it right that you need to do some soldering to remap L3/R3? How much of a pain is that? Trying to decide if going through the effort of installing this kit is a less pathetically obsessive way to get back buttons than sticking with my dualexpense preorder.

Yep, that’s right. Mapping those buttons is optional though, I chose not to do it so I can’t speak to the difficulty. I only ever need to remap face or sometimes trigger buttons so it was good enough for my needs.

RareAcumen
Dec 28, 2012

fridge corn posted:

I think the downtime and characters interacting was the part of 15 that people liked, so more of that would probably be fun for a lot of people, in between Ignis carving off slabs of meat the size of steamrollers from a Behemoth they hunted or whatever.

FlamingLiberal
Jan 18, 2009

Would you like to play a game?

Sakurazuka posted:

Embracer Group own CD and all the western SE IPs they sold off. They just announced a new Tomb Raider game published by... Amazon??
also they are actually working on a new Deus Ex game, which is nice to hear after SE abruptly smothered the last trilogy and didn't finish it

Feels Villeneuve
Oct 7, 2007

Setter is Better.
SE I think never really knew how to handle the western studios and I think selling them off was probably for the best for everyone involved

Sakurazuka
Jan 24, 2004

NANI?

Feels Villeneuve posted:

SE I think never really knew how to handle the western studios and I think selling them off was probably for the best for everyone involved

Well except the couple of mobile divisions that Embracer immediately shut down lol

Feels Villeneuve
Oct 7, 2007

Setter is Better.
Hitman Go was pretty fun, rip

acksplode
May 17, 2004

Enderzero posted:

Yep, that’s right. Mapping those buttons is optional though, I chose not to do it so I can’t speak to the difficulty. I only ever need to remap face or sometimes trigger buttons so it was good enough for my needs.

Bummer, I have a stick clicking allergy and I solder with a 4 year old's motor skills. Dualexpense it is. Imagine if Sony made a little $25 back button attachment haha. That would be so crazy

cubicle gangster
Jun 26, 2005

magda, make the tea

Shrecknet posted:

we lose money on every sale, but we'll make it up in volume :shepicide:

It's dumb but if your business plan is longer term than a single product, you can use it to show how strong your brand is to get more funding (which will definitely make the next one profitable!!)

It's basically a pyramid scheme, borrowing from the future to pay the past, but that's almost all business these days.

I'm right at the very end of zeros last escape now, I reckon I've got an hour or two left. What a fantastic game! Can't wait to see how the last plot threads wrap up. Would've been better on the DS/vita but I'm glad they ported it so I could finally play it.

cubicle gangster fucked around with this message at 22:22 on Jan 2, 2023

BeanpolePeckerwood
May 4, 2004

sony i will gladly pay you tuesday for a dualexpense today

BeanpolePeckerwood
May 4, 2004

FlamingLiberal posted:

Square-Enix is doubling-down on the crypto bullshit and saying the kinds of things that gamblers say when they think they can make back all of that money they lost with one last roll

https://twitter.com/VGC_News/status/1609883123562549250?s=20&t=noMeP5W7oSej2N2-R2dH5Q

the NFTs will continue until morale improves

Blind Rasputin
Nov 25, 2002

Farewell, good Hunter. May you find your worth in the waking world.

Yeah I’m like, capital Not enjoying dark souls so far. The animations for using estus, sword swings, hell tons of stuff, are just so drat slow. And the camera loves getting stuck on things. Like the Capra demon? Enter the door, camera gets stuck in the door sill and fog, dogs attack like mad, I wtf out and die. In other ways, because of its rudimentaryness, it feels super easy in places. A lot of big enemies or big armored knights that I know would eat my lunch in DS3 has such an obvious move set you can just bait out and attack repeatedly until they die. I really want to enjoy this but man.

Sakurazuka
Jan 24, 2004

NANI?

That's the official Capra Demon experience

BeanpolePeckerwood
May 4, 2004

Blind Rasputin posted:

Yeah I’m like, capital Not enjoying dark souls so far. The animations for using estus, sword swings, hell tons of stuff, are just so drat slow. And the camera loves getting stuck on things. Like the Capra demon? Enter the door, camera gets stuck in the door sill and fog, dogs attack like mad, I wtf out and die. In other ways, because of its rudimentaryness, it feels super easy in places. A lot of big enemies or big armored knights that I know would eat my lunch in DS3 has such an obvious move set you can just bait out and attack repeatedly until they die. I really want to enjoy this but man.

Play Demon's Souls instead, either version.

Volte
Oct 4, 2004

woosh woosh

Blind Rasputin posted:

The Capra door thing is legitimately bad, and it's new in the Remastered version. In PTDE, the fog dissipates quicker and you're not stuck staring at a white screen for the first second of the fight.

haveblue
Aug 15, 2005

Toilet Rascal
There are some boss fights where the camera is intentionally your enemy, and they're all the worst, and Capra Demon is worst of all of them

pumped up for school
Nov 24, 2010

Kilometers Davis posted:

So I got a new puppy and I love her to death but she’s completely disrupted my Gamer Time because puppies are very demanding and time consuming. I can’t be into something like Ragnarok right now. Just can’t sink into the flow of it. What should I play? I’m thinking games I don’t need to “lock” into to feel like I’m engaged. Stuff that’s fine to pause a lot in, come back to. Spend 15 minutes in or 2 hours but without feeling like I NEED that commitment. I don’t really want big plots or long immersive scenes and whatnot. I’m thinking stuff like sports games, hack and slash games, arcade shooters, honestly turn based rpgs might work. Any ideas?

What did you end up doing for this? I'm kind of in a similar boat (snatch 15-30 minutes once or twice a day. Then maybe 2 hour block once per week). I am not feeling Tactics Ogre like I'd hoped. My last couple of battles were hour-long, and walking away and coming back mid-battle to it just didn't work as well as I'd thought it might.

fridge corn
Apr 2, 2003

*me struggling to uncurl the fingers on the monkeys paw* oh no you dont!!!

tuo
Jun 17, 2016

To this day I have never defeated the Capra Demon fair and square. I prefer to believe that the common cheese for it is how it should be dealt with lob dung over the fog

fridge corn
Apr 2, 2003

Theres another cheese where you can kite him around the room buy running up stairs and dropping down or something which gives you some time to take the dogs out? I used this method, but requires you to be able to make to the stairs first

TheDarkFlame
May 4, 2013

You tell me I didn't build that?

I'll have you know I worked my fingers to the bone to get where I am today.
Hades is good as it's a series of short fights and encounters you can pause whenever and I think the game autosaves after every room so you can easily put the game down either to sort things out or go do something else.

Oscar Wild
Apr 11, 2006

It's good to be a G

fridge corn posted:

Theres another cheese where you can kite him around the room buy running up stairs and dropping down or something which gives you some time to take the dogs out? I used this method, but requires you to be able to make to the stairs first

I usually do this and use firebombs.

Oscar Wild fucked around with this message at 23:23 on Jan 2, 2023

SubponticatePoster
Aug 9, 2004

Every day takes figurin' out all over again how to fuckin' live.
Slippery Tilde

fridge corn posted:

Yeah, throw on something high-poise and just rush the stairs. Alternatively go in naked and fastroll to them abusing i-frames all the way.

tuo posted:

To this day I have never defeated the Capra Demon fair and square. I prefer to believe that the common cheese for it is how it should be dealt with lob dung over the fog
This is canon. OG DS also had a cheese where you could arrow him to death through a tiny gap between the fog gate and the wall but they patched that out.

...!
Oct 5, 2003

I SHOULD KEEP MY DUMB MOUTH SHUT INSTEAD OF SPEWING HORSESHIT ABOUT THE ORBITAL MECHANICS OF THE JAMES WEBB SPACE TELESCOPE.

CAN SOMEONE PLEASE TELL ME WHAT A LAGRANGE POINT IS?
Isn't there supposed to be a PS5 version of Spider Man 1? Why can't I find it, goddammit?!

Arist
Feb 13, 2012

who, me?

...! posted:

Isn't there supposed to be a PS5 version of Spider Man 1? Why can't I find it, goddammit?!

It's an add-on to the PS5 version of Miles Morales.

veni veni veni
Jun 5, 2005

tuo posted:

Only stick drift I had within couple of weeks of use was my OG DualSense. Since it varies so much and seems to be a problem with a lot of manufacturers, I assume it might also be due to bad batches of sticks. Similar to the (really crappy) Joycons. I had some go bad within weeks, while others hold up after years. I really hope the modular approach from the Edge becomes standard in more expensive custom controllers so you don't have to RMA / are hosed after warranty runs out. Then again, depends on how long they hold up. If they go "just buy a new module" on a controller that's still under warranty, it would also be a bad thing.

I think they addressed drift on a software level cause I had 3 in a row that all got drift around launch. The last one I didn’t bother to return. I just threw it in the closet and got a new one. I couple of months ago I pulled it out and updated it. I use it all the time and it has zero drift. It was bad too. Pretty much unusable.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

man nurse
Feb 18, 2014

Arist posted:

It's an add-on to the PS5 version of Miles Morales.

I super don’t understand how this works, because it’s not like it’s dlc you install onto MM. It is a separate game in your library and everything. Is there really no upgrade option from PS4 spidey or even a way to buy it standalone?

Do you seriously just need to like, say, borrow a copy of PS5 MM to even get the option to buy it?