Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Everyone
Sep 6, 2019

by sebmojo

Sockser posted:

I don't care about Mobius
I WANT MORBIUS

Mobius gives us Owen Wilson, possibly on a Jet-ski.

Morbious gave us Jared Leto with fangs.

Mobius is clearly the the better choice.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

tsob
Sep 26, 2006

Chalalala~
The answer is obviously Morbius; Owen Wilson with fangs, on a jet-ski.

Lunatic Sledge
Jun 8, 2013

choose your own horror isekai sci-fi Souls-like urban fantasy gamer simulator adventure

or don't?
"wow, plasma" - Mobrius

Yvonmukluk
Oct 10, 2012

Everything is Sinister

Technically not MCU related, but check out the lower right:

We're getting Spectacular Spidey back! :neckbeard:

Technowolf
Nov 4, 2009

Yvonmukluk posted:

Confirmed:

https://twitter.com/AzzyTheEggyfr/status/1605237551605772301

tsob
Sep 26, 2006

Chalalala~

Yvonmukluk posted:

Is that Mary Jane as Spider-Woman in the front of the crowd? I suppose it's not shocking there'd be some minor alternate universe where she was Spider-man, but I'd never heard of it before. Some fun stuff in that picture though, even on a pretty cursory glance:

• Mary Jane Spider-Woman
  • Scarlet Spider
  • Spider-Man 2099
  • Carnage Spider-Man
  • The Amazing Bag-Man
  • Jessica Drew Spider-Woman
  • Web-Slinger (Cowboy Spider-Man)
  • Julia Carpenter Spider-Woman
  • Spider-Gwen
  • Spider-Punk
  • Spider Armor Mk I

I love that Spider-Punk has a different art style even in the poster. There are also quite a few in there that I don't recognize, but are just fun designs.

• Spider-Man in a business suit
  • Spider-Man in what looks like a varsity jacket or bowling shirt or something
  • Spider-Man in cold weather gear
  • Spider-Man in some kind of post apocalyptic, almost Fallout style helm
  • I think I see a Spider-Man with a sombrero too

I don't see Captain Universe Spider-Man, but he's one of the other ones that I'd expect to see there, since there are so many other minor variations present. The background of some of those crowd scenes will be a joy for some nerds to pore over to find tiny easter eggs.

FlamingLiberal
Jan 18, 2009

Would you like to play a game?

Is Spider-Man Noir not coming back for this

swickles
Aug 21, 2006

I guess that I don't need that though
Now you're just some QB that I used to know

FlamingLiberal posted:

Is Spider-Man Noir not coming back for this

He right above paperbag head Spiderman

Sivart13
May 18, 2003
I have neglected to come up with a clever title
how many spidermans is too many spidermans

Technowolf
Nov 4, 2009

Sivart13 posted:

how many spidermans is too many spidermans

Not enuff dakka Spida-Manz

MokBa
Jun 8, 2006

If you see something suspicious, bomb it!

Unbreakable Kimmy Schmidt was surprisingly prescient.

howe_sam
Mar 7, 2013

Creepy little garbage eaters

tsob posted:

Is that Mary Jane as Spider-Woman in the front of the crowd? I suppose it's not shocking there'd be some minor alternate universe where she was Spider-man, but I'd never heard of it before. Some fun stuff in that picture though, even on a pretty cursory glance:

Technically she's, uh, Spinnerette from the very fun Spider-Man: Renew Your Vows series.

twistedmentat
Nov 21, 2003

Its my party
and I'll die if
I want to

tsob posted:

[*]Spider-Man in what looks like a varsity jacket or bowling shirt or something

I think thats the version where Flash Thompson becomes Spider-Man rather than Peter.

tsob
Sep 26, 2006

Chalalala~

twistedmentat posted:

I think thats the version where Flash Thompson becomes Spider-Man rather than Peter.

That makes sense; my guess was it was a Flash Thomspon character, just because he has a bulkier build in general, and the varsity jacket isn't really the kind of thing you expect on a nerdy kid like Pete.

Oasx
Oct 11, 2006

Freshly Squeezed
I hope the minor spider-characters are less comedy relief in this movie.

Lord_Magmar
Feb 24, 2015

"Welcome to pound town, Slifer slacker!"

Oasx posted:

I hope the minor spider-characters are less comedy relief in this movie.

I hope we get spiders-man as comedy relief.

live with fruit
Aug 15, 2010

Arist posted:

I don't think it was ever in doubt that Mobius would be returning, but yes, good to see more of him. As for me, I'm excited for more Eugene Cordero (upgraded to series regular!) and Ke Huy Quan.

Numerous Mobiuses. At least two.

Infinitum
Jul 30, 2004

Morebiuses

Rarity
Oct 21, 2010

~*4 LIFE*~

MokBa posted:

Unbreakable Kimmy Schmidt was surprisingly prescient.

Oh no does this mean there's an Entourage 2? :ohdear:

Gonz
Dec 22, 2009

"Jesus, did I say that? Or just think it? Was I talking? Did they hear me?"

Infinitum posted:

Morebiuses

Morebiuses Drinking A 40 In A Death Basket

The Grumbles
Jun 5, 2006

Yvonmukluk posted:

Is that Spider-Ma'am just above bagman, do we think? That's the real crucial variant imo.

edit: wait no, that's a cowboy hat, not a bonnet.

kiminewt
Feb 1, 2022

Is that spider-man above Suit Spider-Man the one from the Unlimited series?

Sivart13
May 18, 2003
I have neglected to come up with a clever title

Sivart13 posted:

I haven't watched the Werewolf By Night behind-the-scenes yet but it's funny that it's the exact same runtime as WBN itself
I finally got around to watching this ("Director by Night") and it's totally bizarre. Just 50 minutes of the director's (Anthony Giacchino) blabbing about how Michael Giacchino made home movies as a kid with his pals.

Very crummily edited IMO, it has two awful scenes where the documentarian is in the car talking to his mom on the phone about what he should put in the documentary.

It's nice to have something that mixes it up from the traditional Assembled format ("everyone had a great time working on this movie and the characters and writing and special effects are so good and Marvel is perfect") but I found it hard to sit through. There's a reason people don't like to sit around and watch other people's home movies.

From the very limited amount of BTS content in the doc, I think the set with all the monster heads is really cool and I wonder if they would consider releasing a color version of the film since it was clearly shot in color.

Mr. Nemo
Feb 4, 2016

I wish I had a sister like my big strong Daddy :(
I guess Hawkeye season 2 is delayed now?

thrawn527
Mar 27, 2004

Thrawn/Pellaeon
Studying the art of terrorists
To keep you safe

Mr. Nemo posted:

Yeah, they’re not saying exactly what happened, but something while he was using a snowblower?

The Dave
Sep 9, 2003

Maybe the full details are only available on the Jeremy Renner app.

Giant Tourtiere
Aug 4, 2006

TRICHER
POUR
GAGNER

thrawn527 posted:

Yeah, they’re not saying exactly what happened, but something while he was using a snowblower?

Snow *plow*, from what I read on the Guardian. Sounds like he was trying to clear a sledding hill for his kids and I guess things went wrong and he got hurt, which sounds like a very comics Hawkeye sort of situation honestly.

thrawn527
Mar 27, 2004

Thrawn/Pellaeon
Studying the art of terrorists
To keep you safe

evenworse username posted:

Snow *plow*, from what I read on the Guardian. Sounds like he was trying to clear a sledding hill for his kids and I guess things went wrong and he got hurt, which sounds like a very comics Hawkeye sort of situation honestly.

Oh poo poo, you’re right. It was a snowplow. My mistake.

Mr. Nemo
Feb 4, 2016

I wish I had a sister like my big strong Daddy :(
I’m goijg to guess it’s an Atlanta situation and it flipped over and fell on him.

I hope he recovers as well as podsible.

Beyond tje weird app thing i havent heard anything terrible about him, and even then no need to wish him harm

Arist
Feb 13, 2012

who, me?

He's done some unhinged poo poo, but I still don't wish he was dead or anything

Hobo Clown
Oct 16, 2012

Here it is, Baby.
Your killer track.

Hopefully he's okay and can release more of his small-batch celebrity hot sauce

Nikumatic
Feb 13, 2012

a fantastic machine made of meat

Arist posted:

He's done some unhinged poo poo, but I still don't wish he was dead or anything

no one who's heard his music would say that!

Technowolf
Nov 4, 2009

https://twitter.com/DanSlott/status/1609723510443708419

Infinitum
Jul 30, 2004

quote:

TMZ is reporting new details about Renner's accident. According to eyewitness interviews, Renner was plowing near his Tahoe home when the Snowcat he was operating rolled over, running over his leg and causing significant blood loss. A neighbor, who is a doctor, applied a tourniquet and treated the injury until paramedics could arrive. The police are also reportedly treating the area as a crime scene and have impounded the Snowcat since safety features on the vehicle should have prevented such an incident from happening.

Well this doesn't sound great

twistedmentat
Nov 21, 2003

Its my party
and I'll die if
I want to

Mr. Nemo posted:

I guess they could make it 100% the Kate (and Yelena) show? I always thought season 2 should be season 0 of a Young Avengers show.

But yea, Renner seems like a shithead irl but he's shown to be able to be a really good Hawkeye. I hope he can recover.

FlamingLiberal
Jan 18, 2009

To my knowledge, Marvel has not said either way if Hawkeye is getting a second season. They have been pretty quiet about the TV stuff in general.

TwoPair
Mar 28, 2010

Pandamn It Feels Good To Be A Gangsta
Grimey Drawer

twistedmentat posted:

I guess they could make it 100% the Kate (and Yelena) show? I always thought season 2 should be season 0 of a Young Avengers show.

But yea, Renner seems like a shithead irl but he's shown to be able to be a really good Hawkeye. I hope he can recover.

I mean I'm pretty sure in-universe Hawkeye is supposed to be retired. He says that he came out of it in Civil War. So I'm sure if Renner is unfortunately too hosed up for action scenes and can't come back he can just be a support character for Kate.

Make him the Old Bruce Wayne to Kate's Hawkeye Beyond

twistedmentat
Nov 21, 2003

Its my party
and I'll die if
I want to

TwoPair posted:

I mean I'm pretty sure in-universe Hawkeye is supposed to be retired. He says that he came out of it in Civil War. So I'm sure if Renner is unfortunately too hosed up for action scenes and can't come back he can just be a support character for Kate.

Make him the Old Bruce Wayne to Kate's Hawkeye Beyond

Yea, hence the Young Avengers season 0 idea. Something happens and Kate realizes she can't handle it herself but she's doesn't have the connections and Clint is unavailable for some reason, so she goes and seeks out other young heroes who aren't attached.

FlamingLiberal
Jan 18, 2009

I mean Kate is also Hawkeye in the comics, so just have her do that for Season 2

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Technowolf
Nov 4, 2009

Was Renner rumored to be in any of the upcoming movies?