Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

copy
Jul 26, 2007

trying to jack off posted:

there is no way on earth that i will beat dds by the end of the month

i believe in you

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Plebian Parasite
Oct 12, 2012

I'm gonna give it my best shot but PS2 means I can't game from work.

Pablo Nergigante
Apr 16, 2002

Not only will I beat DDS, I will go to dental school and get my DDS by the end of the month

symbolic
Nov 2, 2014

same. are the boss trophies at least progression trophies like in DQ1? would prolly be able to nab a couple if so

Sub-Actuality
Apr 17, 2007

symbolic posted:

same. are the boss trophies at least progression trophies like in DQ1? would prolly be able to nab a couple if so

at least one of them is definitely a middle-point trophy (Cerberus), haven't played it so I don't know how far along the others are

sourdough
Apr 30, 2012

I'm going to kill the demifiend or die trying

In Training
Jun 28, 2008

If anybody beats demifiend in a month they're nuts. You have to beat the game twice just to unlock the fight and then grind to max level for another 30 hours and then the fight itself is like a hour long where any turn could mean the end if RNG fucks you up.

trying to jack off
Dec 31, 2007

copy posted:

i believe in you

its not going to happen, i still have to play the regular gameclub games so if anything is longer than x that will take up most of my gaming time for when i can be settle in for an rpg. theres no way im getting in 10 hours a week on top of that lol

symbolic
Nov 2, 2014

In Training posted:

If anybody beats demifiend in a month they're nuts. You have to beat the game twice just to unlock the fight and then grind to max level for another 30 hours and then the fight itself is like a hour long where any turn could mean the end if RNG fucks you up.

hmmm. ive decided to throw a brick at EE's skull

absolutely anything
Dec 28, 2006

~As for dreams, she has enough and more to spare~

In Training posted:

i see. thank you. looking forward to the rest of the impmas 2023 unearned trophies as well.

Sub-Actuality
Apr 17, 2007

In Training posted:

lol jesus

trying to jack off
Dec 31, 2007

its seriously feels so insurmountable i dont even want to start, i was thinking it would run for longer than a month so it was a just a chill thing you could dip into casually over time.

Srice
Sep 11, 2011

MMX and DDS are both extremely formative games for me so I'm looking forward to replaying them for the first time in ages :cheerdoge:

Trophy Case

Mega Man X:

: Finish the game

: Find all the Armor Upgrades

: Find all Sub Tanks and Heart Tanks

: Hadouken!

Legend of Oasis:

: Awaken the first 3 Elemental Spirits (Water, Fire, Earth)

Digital Devil Saga:

: Defeat Cerberus

: Beat the game

Pikmin 2

: Pay off the debt

Battle Mania Daiginjou

: Beat the game on Normal or Hard with either the 1 or 2 Way Shot
: Beat the game on Normal or Hard with the 8 Way Shot

Prince of Persia

: Unleash the Shadow Prince
: Beat the game (SNES)

Ace Combat 3: Electrosphere

: Beat the game (See one ending)

Out Zone

: Clear the first loop

The Legend of Zelda: A Link to the Past

: Confront and defeat Agahnim at the top of Hyrule Castle
: Get all the heart containers

The Legend of Zelda: The Minish Cap

: Find all four elements

Srice fucked around with this message at 12:52 on May 5, 2023

Pablo Nergigante
Apr 16, 2002

symbolic posted:

hmmm. ive decided to throw a brick at EE's skull

It’s super effective!

That Little Demon
Dec 3, 2020

In Training posted:

It’s not that bad honestly. Maybe 70 hours. Totally doable in a month

Evil Eagle
Nov 5, 2009

In Training posted:

You don't have to beat the game twice and you keep all your mantras on NG+. That last part is true though

That Little Demon
Dec 3, 2020
I’m not gonna let EE be the only one who does this lol

welcome
Jun 28, 2002

rail slut

That Little Demon posted:

I’m not gonna let EE be the only one who does this lol

I am.

In Training
Jun 28, 2008

Evil Eagle posted:

You don't have to beat the game twice and you keep all your mantras on NG+. That last part is true though

Doesn't the fight only unlock on hard mode and in the final dungeon? Or am I misremembering.

Evil Eagle
Nov 5, 2009

In Training posted:

Doesn't the fight only unlock on hard mode and in the final dungeon? Or am I misremembering.

DDS1 has no hard mode, you might be thinking about something in DDS2 but you can still start on hard mode in that game

trying to jack off
Dec 31, 2007

That Little Demon posted:

It’s not that bad honestly. Maybe 70 hours. Totally doable in a month

dont forget about the regular gameclub games, i think my pick is like 7 hours on hltb

Evil Eagle
Nov 5, 2009

Anyway Demi-Fiend is only there for the true nuts, the game itself is fairly short for a SMT game

symbolic
Nov 2, 2014

Srice posted:

MMX and DDS are both extremely formative games for me so I'm looking forward to replaying them for the first time in ages :cheerdoge:

welcome, Srice :cheerdoge:

Lunchmeat Larry
Nov 3, 2012

I've been thinking about playing DDS for years but I'm still playing P5 and will not be playing two SMT games at the same time lol, albeit two very different ones

In Training
Jun 28, 2008

Evil Eagle posted:

DDS1 has no hard mode, you might be thinking about something in DDS2 but you can still start on hard mode in that game

So I was. I was conflating the two. Hell maybe I'll give it a shot, I have a file I could load up in NG+...

Sub-Actuality
Apr 17, 2007

That Little Demon
Dec 3, 2020

Lunchmeat Larry posted:

I've been thinking about playing DDS for years but I'm still playing P5 and will not be playing two SMT games at the same time lol, albeit two very different ones

Just drop P5

Srice
Sep 11, 2011

symbolic posted:

welcome, Srice :cheerdoge:

greetings

Lunchmeat Larry posted:

at least you don't gotta manage all that much with your party in DDS so imo juggling both is doable

copy
Jul 26, 2007

Pablo Nergigante posted:

It’s super effective!

*pokedex voice* evil eagle: dog type pokemon

In Training
Jun 28, 2008

DDS is the closest to like a final fantasyt smt. You just have a party that levels up with skill trees. No monster collecting or fusing, just pure Action.

welcome
Jun 28, 2002

rail slut

copy posted:

Lol

Pablo Nergigante
Apr 16, 2002

copy posted:

Lol

welcome
Jun 28, 2002

rail slut

In Training posted:

DDS is the closest to like a final fantasyt smt. You just have a party that levels up with skill trees. No monster collecting or fusing, just pure Action.

Oh. I feel both bummed and relieved lol.

Lunchmeat Larry
Nov 3, 2012

In Training posted:

Oh right, might give it a go then

Leadthumb
Mar 24, 2006

I've never played one of these so it's probably gonna take me like 80 hours just to beat it lol. Can I get this on switch or ps4?

PS this post is impervious to Flames because of the flame proofer. :)

Leadthumb
Mar 24, 2006

welcome posted:

Oh. I feel both bummed and relieved lol.

PS this post is impervious to Flames because of the flame proofer. :)

symbolic
Nov 2, 2014

copy posted:

lol christ

Fungah!
Apr 30, 2011

copy posted:

lol

symbolic
Nov 2, 2014

In Training posted:

oh huh ok. the whole compendium and fusing mechanics were partly why i put down P4G since i felt overwhelmed so im game

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

That Little Demon
Dec 3, 2020

Leadthumb posted:

I've never played one of these so it's probably gonna take me like 80 hours just to beat it lol. Can I get this on switch or ps4?

https://cdromance.com/ps2-iso/shin-megami-tensei-digital-devil-saga-usa/