Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.
Bills? Bengals?
This poll is closed.
Bills 9 23.68%
Bengals 7 18.42%
Billgals 9 23.68%
Bengills 13 34.21%
Total: 25 votes
[Edit Poll (moderators only)]

Good soup!
Nov 2, 2010

Dango Bango posted:

Just heard about this and came to the GDT after flipping on the broadcast. Holy poo poo this is awful.

I managed to tune in moments before it happened :(

Winkie01 posted:

This is Goodel's JFK moment. How has nothing been announced by now from the hospital?

takes a while for any of that information to be made public

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Bellmaker
Oct 18, 2008

Chapter DOOF

Grem posted:

At this point the delay is so long you have to loving call it, it'd be crazy that make them play.

At this point it’s probably an injury risk on top of the emotional bullshit just call it

trilljester
Dec 7, 2004

The People's Tight End.
Thank god this didn't happen during the Nickaledeon broadcast.

Rags to Liches
Mar 11, 2008

future skeleton soldier

Tim Whatley posted:

Goodell has a chance to not be Vince loving McMahon and he better take it

fsif
Jul 18, 2003

Cavauro posted:

doesn't matter but if you were selecting the worst possible crew to sit and talk about this it would definitely include schefter

Tayter Swift
Nov 18, 2002

Pillbug

Fate Accomplice posted:

holy poo poo a disability insurance ad listing the worst ways to be injured or die gently caress off

they really should just be running the weather forecast or tour de france highlights or something right now, why the hell would advertisers want to be in this

Quiet Feet
Dec 14, 2009

THE HELL IS WITH THIS ASS!?

Game is done just loving call it already.

Shimrra Jamaane
Aug 10, 2007

Obscure to all except those well-versed in Yuuzhan Vong lore.

Grem posted:

At this point the delay is so long you have to loving call it, it'd be crazy that make them play.

You now run into a similar situation with the Super Bowl 47 blackout where the teams needed like a half hour to warm up. And that was a FUNNY delay reason.

sharknado slashfic
Jun 24, 2011

In case anyone was wondering, twitter is firing up the vaccine debate. Don't read twitter.

Impossibly Perfect Sphere
Nov 6, 2002

They wasted Luanne on Lucky!

She could of have been so much more but the writers just didn't care!

Fabricated posted:

I forget the name of the phenomenon but you're hit in the chest in the right way at the exactly the right time it can cause cardiac arrest and you just drop on the spot. It doesn't have to be very hard either.

commotio cordis

quote:

Commotio cordis (Latin, "agitation of the heart") is an often lethal disruption of heart rhythm that occurs as a result of a blow to the area directly over the heart (the precordial region) at a critical time during the cycle of a heart beat, producing what is termed an R-on-T phenomenon that leads to the condition. It is a form of ventricular fibrillation (V-Fib), not mechanical damage to the heart muscle or surrounding organs, and not the result of heart disease. The survival rate is 58%, which is an increase in comparison to years 1993–2012, where only 34% victims survived. This increase is likely caused by the prompt CPR, access to defibrillation and higher public awareness of this condition.[1]

Commotio cordis occurs mostly in boys and young men (average age 15), usually during sports, most frequently baseball, often despite a chest protector. It is usually caused by a projectile, but can also be caused by the blow of an elbow or other body part. Being less developed, the thorax of an adolescent is likely more prone to this injury given the circumstances.

wandler20
Nov 13, 2002

How many Championships?
gently caress, every time Suzy starts talking it sounds like she's about to announce be passed away. Stop that poo poo.

EvilBlackRailgun
Jan 28, 2007

Quiet Feet posted:

Game is done just loving call it already.

GD_American
Jul 21, 2004

LISTEN TO WHAT I HAVE TO SAY AS IT'S INCREDIBLY IMPORTANT!
Am I being uncharitable to Goodell in believing that one of the multiple threads of thought probably going through his head right now is resuming this tomorrow as a test balloon for post-CFB season Tuesday night games?

Mcqueen
Feb 26, 2007

'HEY MOM, I'M DONE WITH MY SEGMENT!'

Soiled Meat
Can no one get goodell on the horn to call this poo poo? This is brutal

TheAlmightyFrog
Oct 7, 2007

squeeeak

Jaxyon posted:

hospitals don't release info that quick

Also wouldn't it be up to the family to release any information?

Kalli
Jun 2, 2001

Seriously call the game already.

trilljester posted:

Patrick Live commentating during an injury would be remarkably dark television.

haljordan
Oct 22, 2004

the corpse of god is love.

How will this injury affect Kevin McCarthy's bid for speaker of the House

Spaced God
Feb 8, 2014

All torment, trouble, wonder and amazement
Inhabits here: some heavenly power guide us
Out of this fearful country!

trilljester posted:

holy poo poo i needed this laugh thank you

Wiltsghost
Mar 27, 2011

wandler20 posted:

gently caress, every time Suzy starts talking it sounds like she's about to announce be passed away. Stop that poo poo.

i thought the exact same thing

Shimrra Jamaane
Aug 10, 2007

Obscure to all except those well-versed in Yuuzhan Vong lore.

trilljester posted:

My mind is sick and I immediately thought of the Challenger Disaster airing live in basically every classroom in the country because of the Teacher Goes to Space thing about it.

chamois
Oct 24, 2010

theyre not gonna play the game tonight there's no reason to get mad that they might

RestingB1tchFace
Jul 4, 2016

Opinions are like a$$holes....everyone has one....but mines the best!!!

The Dave posted:

I’m pretty sure Peyton would be reviewing all 22 from all of yesterdays games to fill the time while Eli goes “aw shucks you just can’t do that Peyt”.

Think of the ratings.

Abugadu
Jul 12, 2004

1st Sgt. Matthews and the men have Procured for me a cummerbund from a traveling gypsy, who screeched Victory shall come at a Terrible price. i am Honored.

trilljester posted:

Patrick probably better than Schefter at this point

Crazy Ted
Jul 29, 2003

Cat Hassler posted:

Send everyone home what the gently caress
It wouldn't surprise me if there are people who'd rather stay in the stadium to just get updates there.

trilljester posted:

:stare:

TheGreyGhost
Feb 14, 2012

“Go win the Heimlich Trophy!”
How bad does it have to be for Adam loving Schefter to be openly telling you no one cares about this game anymore.

Tim Whatley
Mar 28, 2010

https://twitter.com/realskipbayless/status/1610101204687949827?s=46&t=leBUWIEPGGwWxt4vz8vKLw

The worst person

MJeff
Jun 2, 2011

THE LIAR

trilljester posted:

They also would've shown the replay but would've dubbed "MY LEG!!" over it.

Answers Me
Apr 24, 2012
Surely there’ll be a certain point by which it’ll be too late into the night to finish the game, for a million different logistical reasons, and so they’d have to call it for that at least soon

TheKevman
Dec 13, 2003
I thought Mad Max: Fury Road was
:mediocre:
so you should probably ignore anything else I say

My timing is loving great I tuned in the play before

This is the loving worst

whos that broooown
Dec 10, 2009

2024 Comeback Poster of the Year
Get shefter off the loving air

Relentlessboredomm
Oct 15, 2006

It's Sic Semper Tyrannis. You said, "Ever faithful terrible lizard."

GD_American posted:

Am I being uncharitable to Goodell in believing that one of the multiple threads of thought probably going through his head right now is resuming this tomorrow as a test balloon for post-CFB season Tuesday night games?

no that seems perfectly in keeping with his character. im just holding out hope that he sees an opportunity to make himself look like a saint

CapnAndy
Feb 27, 2004

Some teeth long for ripping, gleaming wet from black dog gums. So you keep your eyes closed at the end. You don't want to see such a mouth up close. before the bite, before its oblivion in the goring of your soft parts, the speckled lips will curl back in a whinny of excitement. You just know it.

GD_American posted:

Assuming he's thinking about postponing the game at all, for any reason, is more charity than he deserves

Cpt. Mahatma Gandhi
Mar 26, 2005

Literally everyone on ESPN is like, “yo there is no way you can play this game,” so I honestly can’t see how the NFL let’s it go on. I know greed and revenue and all that but letting it continue would be a PR nightmare

whos that broooown
Dec 10, 2009

2024 Comeback Poster of the Year

TheKevman posted:

My timing is loving great I tuned in the play before

Way to go, jackass

wilderthanmild
Jun 21, 2010

Posting shit

Grimey Drawer
What are even the logistics of cancelling the game? Never play it and two teams only played 16 games? Call it a draw? Play it tomorrow? Squeeze it in later?

Honestly, if a player died on the field I don't know if I even think next weekend's game should be played as normal, but maybe I'm overreacting?

AndrewP
Apr 21, 2010

I turned on The Office because I can't deal with it

haljordan
Oct 22, 2004

the corpse of god is love.

I wonder if they cut off beer sales in the stadium

Excelzior
Jun 24, 2013

oh my god gently caress this guy

I know its a character but this is too far

pasaluki
Feb 27, 2008

THIS WHAGON HAS NO BREAKS! I HAVE THE HEART OF THE BUUFALO the strength OF THE MOUNTAIN, THE FURY OF THE THUNDER AND MY WILL IS UNBREAKABLE! I will not surrender to KNOW ONE

trilljester posted:

Thank you for the laugh

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Bellmaker
Oct 18, 2008

Chapter DOOF

more soulless than Schefter :stare: