Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Roasted Donut
Aug 24, 2007

NWA WHITE POWERRR!!!!
Really awful stuff.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Quiet Feet
Dec 14, 2009

THE HELL IS WITH THIS ASS!?

Black Lighter posted:

I'm not an expert on this, but my mom died a few weeks ago after a cerebral hemorrhage and her vitals were ok but she couldn't breathe without a tube and was never going to again. So, until we get further word, news like this could be good or bad or neutral, I guess.

Sorry man, that's awful. :(

sheri
Dec 30, 2002

GOOD TIMES ON METH posted:

You don't do CPR on someone with a pulse

Right. If they have a pulse but aren't breathing you only do the breathing part. No pulse = chest compressions too.

FistEnergy
Nov 3, 2000

DAY CREW: WORKING HARD

Fun Shoe

Koirhor posted:

If he’s intubated I’m assuming he isn’t breathing on his own, hopefully it’s precautionary for something otherwise he could be brain dead.

Yeah this could be the first step on a long and careful road to recovery, or it could be non recoverable.

BigBallChunkyTime
Nov 25, 2011

Kyle Schwarber: World Series hero, Beefy Lad, better than you.

Illegal Hen
Nothing will happen, but if there was any justice, heads would roll over the attempt to restart the game after five minutes

Taerkar
Dec 7, 2002

kind of into it, really

I. M. Gei posted:

He also wasn't breathing on his own for some time, which makes me wonder if his brain didn't get oxygen during that time.

Hopefully they were getting him air early.

Dango Bango
Jul 26, 2007

Ryan Clark is fascinating right now

Cthulu Carl
Apr 16, 2006

aperion posted:

Isn't that where Antonio Brown also got concussed into someone horrible by Vontaze Burfict? God what a wretched history that place has.

It's also where Ryan Shazier paralyzed himself. On a Monday Night Football game.

Nit Wit Dog Shit
Sep 28, 2000

Toilet Rascal

Lifespan posted:

Hamlin's GoFundMe is almost $700k now. NFL fans should push to get that over $1m tonight.

Donated!

It's close to $800,000 now.

https://gofund.me/2bcf043e

Ches Neckbeard
Dec 3, 2005

You're all garbage, back up the truck BACK IT UP!

Black Lighter posted:

I'm not an expert on this, but my mom died a few weeks ago after a cerebral hemorrhage and her vitals were ok but she couldn't breathe without a tube and was never going to again. So, until we get further word, news like this could be good or bad or neutral, I guess.

I'm sorry man. My moms birthday is in an hour and it's coming up on 3 years since she died unexpectedly to.

What it's worth I've got DM's

Winkie01
Nov 28, 2004
Anyone remember the last commercial? This has just been 2 guys talking for a long time and its odd as hell to me.

whos that broooown
Dec 10, 2009

2024 Comeback Poster of the Year

abelwingnut posted:

and where carson palmer went from the up and coming greatest qb ever to breaking his leg and fading into mediocrity?

We're talking about bad things that happened there

Dehry
Aug 21, 2009

Grimey Drawer

BigBallChunkyTime posted:

A sports medicine doctor breaking it down:

https://youtu.be/H-G9mziXL9w

It shows the hit taking him down (being relevant to what likely happened) but not the secondary collapse after standing up.

Strobe
Jun 30, 2014
GW BRAINWORMS CREW

I. M. Gei posted:

He also wasn't breathing on his own for some time, which makes me wonder if his brain didn't get oxygen during that time.

This is literally what CPR is supposed to do, and why you keep doing it for 5/10/15/30 minutes until you get the person to somewhere that can take over.

abelwingnut
Dec 23, 2002

https://twitter.com/FOX19Joe/status/1610123653714173955

not sure what this means.

Dango Bango
Jul 26, 2007

Winkie01 posted:

Anyone remember the last commercial? This has just been 2 guys talking for a long time and its odd as hell to me.

They burned through all the MNF ads during the delay. So yeah it's just been SVP radio

Paracausal
Sep 5, 2011

Oh yeah, baby. Frame your suffering as a masterpiece. Only one problem - no one's watching. It's boring, buddy, boring as death.
https://twitter.com/DavidShuster/status/1610119800163897346

Turns out it was the players who told the NFL to eat one

BonoMan
Feb 20, 2002

Jade Ear Joe

It means they got into an airplane and left because they don't live in Cincinnati.

And don't call me Shirley

Lifespan
Mar 5, 2002
They can also intubate when inducing a medical coma to stabilize the body while they run tests to look for bleeding and the like, so that doesn't mean he specifically can't breathe on his own. I'm also not a doctor, so who knows, but thankfully he got great aid to survive long enough to reach experts with great tools.

Wiltsghost
Mar 27, 2011

why are they bringing this chode on

OneMoreTime
Feb 20, 2011

*quack*

I. M. Gei posted:

For what it’s worth, he likely had good quality CPR performed on him immediately, which is much better than typical situations involving in-field cardiac arrests. Even without additional breaths of O2, your hemoglobin has quite a bit O2 attached even after circulating the body. This is not a good situation, but he was arguably in one of the more ideal places for this to happen

General Dog
Apr 26, 2008

Everybody's working for the weekend

I’d assume it means they’re not playing tomorrow

fsif
Jul 18, 2003

FFS who let Schefter back in the studio

BigBallChunkyTime
Nov 25, 2011

Illegal Hen
This plus the Purdue kid today. Thankfully he'll be ok. Hope we can say the same here.

Dango Bango
Jul 26, 2007

Wiltsghost posted:

why are they bringing this chode on

To carry the NFL's water, what else?

The American Dream
Mar 1, 2007
Don't Forget My Balls

kidcoelacanth posted:

the last time i felt this lovely limbo state was when ryan newman got sent to the loving moon at daytona and we all thought he was dead for an hour

I’d have one customer that always came in to watch nascar and we were the only people in the bar at the time. And we both looked at each other for a couple minutes like we both knew we just watched someone die.

I’m still shocked he was relatively ok after that.

JAMOOOL
Oct 18, 2004

:qq: I LOVE TWO AND HALF MEN!! YOU 20 SOMETHINGS ARE JUST TOO CYNICAL TO UNDERSTAND IT!!:qq:
really thought the first time there was a life-or-death situation on the NFL field it would be on a much more vicious hit than that. would not be surprised to see some more shocking player retirements in the next couple years.

Cthulu Carl
Apr 16, 2006

Ches Neckbeard posted:

I'm sorry man. My moms birthday is in an hour and it's coming up on 3 years since she died unexpectedly to.

What it's worth I've got DM's

Hell, my dad died from a pulmonary embolism in front of my mom and I. This poo poo is hosed up.

There needs to be a blanket rule in any sporting event that as soon as CPR has to start on the field of play, that's it, game's over. You absolutely cannot expect anyone to want to play after that, even if the patient improves movie-style on the field and bounces back.

Hunt11
Jul 24, 2013

Grimey Drawer
Not surprised that none of the people on the field tonight want any part in picking up this game.

BigBallChunkyTime
Nov 25, 2011

Illegal Hen
Adam Schefter is really taking this hard. He looks like he's been crying.

Lifespan
Mar 5, 2002

BigBallChunkyTime posted:

Adam Schefter is really taking this hard. He looks like he's been crying.

He just read his Twitter comments

Wiltsghost
Mar 27, 2011

kidcoelacanth posted:

the last time i felt this lovely limbo state was when ryan newman got sent to the loving moon at daytona and we all thought he was dead for an hour

poo poo, i forgot i watched that live too

E Depois do Adeus
Jun 3, 2012

Nobody has better respect for intelligence than Donald Trump.

NFL players have chest protectors, right? How long does it take to access a player's chest to do CPR/ apply an AED or leads?

PainterofCrap
Oct 17, 2002

hey bebe

My father went into ventricular tachycardia and in that state, the only thing that can save you, at least neurologically, is getting defibrillated back into a sinus rhythm within 6-10 minutes. The heart won't respond to chest compression as part of it is essentially cramping & seizing, and no blood can circulate.

Cthulu Carl posted:

Hell, my dad died from a pulmonary embolism in front of my mom and I. This poo poo is hosed up.

There needs to be a blanket rule in any sporting event that as soon as CPR has to start on the field of play, that's it, game's over. You absolutely cannot expect anyone to want to play after that, even if the patient improves movie-style on the field and bounces back.

My wife (from Buffalo) & I were watching the game. There is (was) no procedure for something like this. Even when the ambulance rolled out onto the field - something neither of us had ever seen before - we wondered if the game would resume.

Until they mentioned CPR.

PainterofCrap fucked around with this message at 05:10 on Jan 3, 2023

Eifert Posting
Apr 1, 2007

Most of the time he catches it every time.
Grimey Drawer
It's good that the Bills aren't being forced to stay in town. I hope they are accounting for the guys who don't have family in Buffalo.

Darude - Adam Sandstorm
Aug 16, 2012

https://twitter.com/PagnattiJr/status/1610117296139165701

Christ Forgives!

aperion
May 15, 2007

i want to believe
Grimey Drawer

Paracausal posted:

I don't think Goodell was going to push the game to resume tonight. He's a PR person at his core, and he wasn't going to make the NFL look like the soulless machine it really is by trying to force them back onto the field after all this. That would've gotten his rear end fried harder than Skip Bayless if he even tried, because you know the players would be screaming it out this second if they did. And the owners would be ready to fire him tomorrow if he pulled poo poo like that. The players already took the decision out of his hands, all he had to do was rubber-stamp it and run with it then figure out the rest later.

A Buffer Gay Dude
Oct 25, 2020

Paracausal posted:

This doesn’t necessarily mean they told anyone to eat one it means they made a decision.

In crazy situations like this organic decision making happens (think like alpine rescue or battlefield chaos).

All you can definitively say is that the coaches/players showed admirable leadership. Hopefully it comes out that it wasn’t in the face of idiocy from the league.

fartknocker
Oct 28, 2012

Damn it, this always happens. I think I'm gonna score, and then I never score. It's not fair.

Wedge Regret

Yes, he's forgiven :jerkbag:

gently caress that guy and I hope ESPN fires him tonight

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Tayter Swift
Nov 18, 2002

Pillbug

for the way your tweets were reeieved yeah its our loving fault fudck you