Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Eifert Posting
Apr 1, 2007

Most of the time he catches it every time.
Grimey Drawer

Ches Neckbeard posted:

Guys are still at the stadium. I have to wonder if they've just yet to cancel things.

The local radio said there were still hundreds of Bills fans in the lower bowl for a while after the game was called.

I'm feeling like I'm not sleeping tonight, can't imagine traveling and being in a strange city after seeing that live.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

MatildaTheHun
Aug 31, 2011

here's the thing donovan, I'm always hungry

Narcissus1916 posted:

Jesus Christ, anyone else really shaken up by this? I don't even play sports recreationally but I ended up calling my parents just to tell them how much I value them.

My Dad compared it to the Challenger explosion.

Yeah this has been a rough thing, had a good cry with my girlfriend. My buddy is a sportswriter and he's just overwhelmed. Hell of a last day to a vacation.

OneMoreTime
Feb 20, 2011

*quack*

Narcissus1916 posted:

Jesus Christ, anyone else really shaken up by this? I don't even play sports recreationally but I ended up calling my parents just to tell them how much I value them.

Yeah, I saw the news at dinner and it hit like a gut putch.

Koirhor
Jan 14, 2008

by Fluffdaddy

Paracausal posted:

https://twitter.com/DavidShuster/status/1610119800163897346

Turns out it was the players who told the NFL to eat one

Someone get Obama to cincy!!

(USER WAS PUT ON PROBATION FOR THIS POST)

A Buffer Gay Dude
Oct 25, 2020
https://twitter.com/thornton_melon/status/1610104595065225221?s=46&t=nTKYHbSQ-xQJPbLbrjVg7w

PainterofCrap
Oct 17, 2002

hey bebe

indigi posted:

they wear shoulder pads, unless you have fractured ribs you don't wear anything to protect your chest specifically

When I played (over 40-years ago), there were large sheets of very thick plastic that were essentially the framework for the shoulder-pad assembly, and these covered the ribcage to the sternum & the upper back. These were laced together at a vertical seam, front & back. They provided excellent protection from broken ribs.

Professor Funk
Aug 4, 2008

WE ALL KNOW WHAT NEEDS TO HAPPEN

Seamonster posted:

Diggs is at the hospital

That ESPN shot of Diggs just walking by himself in sweatclothes through a hospital parking lot was weirdly impactful. Like the guy is a sports superstar and he just hopped in an Uber and got over there as fast as he could.

Professor Funk fucked around with this message at 05:17 on Jan 3, 2023

Lifespan
Mar 5, 2002
Nice, it's almost at a million now! Being picked up the sports media it would be loving awesome if this could reach $2.5m in the next couple of days, 1000x the goal.

BigBallChunkyTime
Nov 25, 2011

Kyle Schwarber: World Series hero, Beefy Lad, better than you.

Illegal Hen

GOOD TIMES ON METH posted:

He was almost certainly getting oxygen and bagged within seconds of the ambulance being on the field.

At least he had medical care immediately and is in a very good hospital.

sharknado slashfic
Jun 24, 2011

If Bills fans start tailgating outside the hospital I'm gonna lol

Fate Accomplice
Nov 30, 2006

drat, GFM errored twice but went through the third time, and now I get email receipts for all three donations.

works for me, donated 3x my planned amount, feels OK.

i am a moron
Nov 12, 2020

"I think if there’s one thing we can all agree on it’s that Penn State and Michigan both suck and are garbage and it’s hilarious Michigan fans are freaking out thinking this is their natty window when they can’t even beat a B12 team in the playoffs lmao"

BigBallChunkyTime posted:

Is also a professional football player which puts his body in some crazy .00x percentages for fitness which I believe can help. I hope

Mirotic
Mar 8, 2013

Professor Funk posted:

That shot of Diggs just walking by himself in sweatclothes through a hospital parking lot was weirdly impactful. Like the guy is a sports superstar and he just hopped in an Uber and got over there as fast as he could.

What astounds me is one of the ESPN reporters basically had to explain to the cops who the hell Diggs is

But yeah - no flash, no big deal, just trying to be there for a brother.

Echoing that I hope everyone here is doing okay.

Cthulu Carl
Apr 16, 2006

sharknado slashfic posted:

Does Cincinnati have that many folding tables?

Ches Neckbeard
Dec 3, 2005

You're all garbage, back up the truck BACK IT UP!
It's hosed glancing over at college games today and probably seeing that hit at least a dozen times.

No better place to smash some tables

kidcoelacanth
Sep 23, 2009

[goes through a table, but in a somber way]

Blowjob Overtime
Apr 6, 2008

Steeeeriiiiiiiiike twooooooo!

Cthulu Carl posted:

The National Guard is airlifting in an emergency supply

BigBallChunkyTime
Nov 25, 2011

Illegal Hen
I was watching the night Owen Hart died, and this is the first time I've had this feeling since then.

Pain of Mind
Jul 10, 2004
You are receiving this broadcast as a dream...We are transmitting from the year one nine... nine nine ...You are receiving this broadcast in order t
Am I the only one annoyed they keep mentioning that he made the hit on Tee Higgins? It was such a routine play that there is no fault there for either of them, but it sounds like it is trying to pass some of the blame to him.

Lifespan
Mar 5, 2002

BigBallChunkyTime posted:

But it is out of network on the NFL health plan. They are mad he wasn't routed to CVS/HealthCorp urgent care and 24hr liquor store.

whos that broooown
Dec 10, 2009

2024 Comeback Poster of the Year

Cthulu Carl posted:

It's the birthplace of Cornhole. They'll improvise.

really queer Christmas
Apr 22, 2014

gently caress it, I'm in for a few dollars. Almost to a million.

Is anyone on twitter real anymore?

Ben baby is

TheKevman
Dec 13, 2003
I thought Mad Max: Fury Road was
:mediocre:
so you should probably ignore anything else I say

Nice work goons, let's keep pushing the GFM if you can!

Eifert Posting
Apr 1, 2007

Grimey Drawer

Pain of Mind posted:

Am I the only one annoyed they keep mentioning that he made the hit on Tee Higgins? It was such a routine play that there is no fault there for either of them, but it sounds like it is trying to pass some of the blame to him.

It's hosed up.

Rags to Liches
Mar 11, 2008

future skeleton soldier

Narcissus1916 posted:

Yeah this was disturbing

Cthulu Carl
Apr 16, 2006

Pain of Mind posted:

To me it sounds more like they're reporting some of the only facts they can. They've even pointed out a few times that there was nothing unusual about the hit at all.

Ches Neckbeard
Dec 3, 2005

You're all garbage, back up the truck BACK IT UP!

Pain of Mind posted:

It's what happened and a way of saying what happened without showing the replay.

Fate Accomplice
Nov 30, 2006

whos that broooown posted:

It's the birthplace of Cornhole. They'll improvise.

that explains Chris Wesseling

fsif
Jul 18, 2003

Pain of Mind posted:

I don't read it that way. It's just dry reporting about the event that occurred.

Professor Funk
Aug 4, 2008

WE ALL KNOW WHAT NEEDS TO HAPPEN
No more updates tonight.

https://twitter.com/ColeyHarvey/status/1610129864765366278?s=20&t=sYa1agpP75YMzXGSRb-b-Q

GOOD TIMES ON METH
Mar 17, 2006

Fun Shoe
https://twitter.com/LukeRussert/status/1610127754292514817

Looks like Stefon is reenacting Tiannemen Square with some Cincy cops good luck my brother

pasaluki
Feb 27, 2008

THIS WHAGON HAS NO BREAKS! I HAVE THE HEART OF THE BUUFALO the strength OF THE MOUNTAIN, THE FURY OF THE THUNDER AND MY WILL IS UNBREAKABLE! I will not surrender to KNOW ONE

Pain of Mind posted:

Am I the only one annoyed the keep mentioning that he made the hit on Tee Higgins? It was such a routine play that there is no fault there for either of them, but it sounds like it is trying to pass some of the blame to him.

I don't think they are. It to be honest looked like a complete freak thing nobody blames Tee Higgins in fact honestly the Bengals did a great job with this.

BigBallChunkyTime
Nov 25, 2011

Illegal Hen

Well gently caress, how am I supposed to go to bed?

OneMoreTime
Feb 20, 2011

*quack*

Makes sense, very unlikely there would be anything to say

TheKevman
Dec 13, 2003
I thought Mad Max: Fury Road was
:mediocre:
so you should probably ignore anything else I say

Fair enough I mean it sounds like there's not much we'd be able to find out if he's in a medically induced coma.

acidx
Sep 24, 2019

right clicking is stealing

They probably have to do a lot of tests and determine if he needs emergency surgery or whatever, but at least this makes me optimistic they aren't going to say he passed away tonight.

Kurgarra Queen
Jun 11, 2008

GIVE ME MORE
SUPER BOWL
WINS
I'm kind of glad I was watching via a feed that happened to glitch out right before the injury (was watching in my room in an attempt to avoid COVID- my mom has it). It came back to the ambulance being on the field. I legit freaked the gently caress out when they said they had been doing CPR for 9 minutes.

Just...wretched. Awful. From the high of watching video of my girlfriend's tween daughter open the presents me and my Mom got her to.....this.
I don't know that I'm going to sleep. And if I do it'll be restless and fitful.

Eifert Posting
Apr 1, 2007

Grimey Drawer

pasaluki posted:

I don't think they are. It to be honest looked like a complete freak thing nobody blames Tee Higgins in fact honestly the Bengals did a great job with this.

I keep thinking about Bills fans who traveled. What a lovely situation. The game probably wouldn't even be over yet.

BigBallChunkyTime
Nov 25, 2011

Illegal Hen

acidx posted:

They probably have to do a lot of tests and determine if he needs emergency surgery or whatever, but at least this makes me optimistic they aren't going to say he passed away tonight.

They just wouldn't *say* it

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

indigi
Jul 20, 2004

how can we not talk about family
when family's all that we got?

Koirhor posted:

Someone get Obama to cincy!!

Lol

PainterofCrap posted:

When I played (over 40-years ago), there were large sheets of very thick plastic that were essentially the framework for the shoulder-pad assembly, and these covered the ribcage to the sternum & the upper back. These were laced together at a vertical seam, front & back. They provided excellent protection from broken ribs.

for sure. nowadays WRs and Dbacks wear cut down versions of most pads for speed, their shoulder pads don't typically extend far enough to fully obstruct cpr hand placement. if you couldn't untie the laces you could just put your hands underneath the shell. but my first responder training is a couple years out of date so maybe they tell you to go higher up now which would gently caress you (or if it were a different position's pads)