Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

JAMOOOL
Oct 18, 2004

:qq: I LOVE TWO AND HALF MEN!! YOU 20 SOMETHINGS ARE JUST TOO CYNICAL TO UNDERSTAND IT!!:qq:

Drunk Nerds posted:

I'm seriously crying my balls off... His own mama watched him lay there, legally dead, for 9 minutes. In the past 2 years I've twice rode with my unresponsive child in an ambulance. Still I try to put myself in her shoes and I just can't comprehend the grief. I hope she gets some PTSD support, and of course I 100% hope she gets the good news I got the next day.

my god yes my 2 year old had a seizure and I got a call from the day care that made it sound like she had just spontaneously died, I remember those 10 minutes being just absolutely gutwrenching, like reality was folding upon itself. she was okay though thank god

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

wandler20
Nov 13, 2002

How many Championships?

TheKevman posted:

Mostly Suzy Kolber with her eulogy-esque cut ins from commercial breaks.

gently caress those were awful. I had to turn off the coverage and just refresh TFF.

ESPN sickos probably going to be happy with high ratings.

surf rock
Aug 12, 2007

We need more women in STEM, and by that, I mean skateboarding, television, esports, and magic.
It's honestly incredible that there isn't an injury on most plays. Maybe it'll turn out that this was an underlying condition or whatever but football is such a ridiculous violent sport; I don't know how human bodies survive it.

indigi
Jul 20, 2004

how can we not talk about family
when family's all that we got?

Kvantum posted:

Has sports ever had a day like this, ever?

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Nika_riots

indigi
Jul 20, 2004

how can we not talk about family
when family's all that we got?

JAMOOOL posted:

my god yes my 2 year old had a seizure and I got a call from the day care that made it sound like she had just spontaneously died, I remember those 10 minutes being just absolutely gutwrenching, like reality was folding upon itself. she was okay though thank god

I’m glad she was ok that poo poo is terrifying

abelwingnut
Dec 23, 2002

https://twitter.com/FOX19Joe/status/1610135267523821568

Aaaaaaarrrrrggggg
Oct 4, 2004

ha, ha, ha, og me ekam

FistEnergy posted:

Oddly enough, CPR training no longer calls for rescue breaths. It's compression-only now. But that's training for non professionals, and I'm assuming the professionals quickly started him on manual breathing plus oxygen. However, the period of assessment, AED application, and AED shock was probably without breaths/oxygen.

This isn't strictly true anymore. They are rolling back to 30:2 CPR if at all possible with CCR as a last resort. Could be different based on agencies though (AHA vs Red Cross, etc), though.

nollij posted:

You are supposed to do 2 minutes of CPR before AED. Granted, my First Responder license expired 4 years ago...

Only in the case of unwitnessed cardiac arrest. This was, unfortunately, very witnessed, and that calls for me immediate defibrillation.

Re: intubation. Medical ventilators can detect when someone tries breathing and will supplement it with enough pressure to give a good volume. It'll go at its own rate, "on demand", or both depending on how it's set up. So, basically all this means is they are protecting his airway, and he absolutely will be sedated for this because a conscious intubation is incredibly traumatic. The only way we'd know right now what his status is is if he was brain dead or woke up during transport. Until they bring him out of the coma, it's all speculation 😕

Tayter Swift
Nov 18, 2002

Pillbug

owners deciding the outcome of this game over Madden would be just fine, thank you

TheKevman
Dec 13, 2003
I thought Mad Max: Fury Road was
:mediocre:
so you should probably ignore anything else I say

surf rock posted:

It's honestly incredible that there isn't an injury on most plays. Maybe it'll turn out that this was an underlying condition or whatever but football is such a ridiculous violent sport; I don't know how human bodies survive it.

It makes me think back to when we used to play tackle football on Thanksgiving turkeybowl. I was ~19 back from college and 6'3 210, so naturally running back :laugh:

I steamrolled over a guy I didn't know, and next series he dropped his shoulder into my sternum (not even trying to tackle) and cracked it. I'd imagine it was way worse looking than what we saw tonight, because he lined up and leapt into me.

I've rubbed that spot on my chest a couple times throughout this ordeal this evening, not gonna lie.

mcmagic
Jul 1, 2004

If you see this avatar while scrolling the succ zone, you have been visited by the mcmagic of shitty lib takes! Good luck and prosperity will come to you, but only if you reply "shut the fuck up mcmagic" to this post!
https://twitter.com/charliekirk11/status/1610106783519092741?s=61&t=1f8Xn_rdt0Mvl1R4x96bEA

Is this a Kaepernick joke?

Oh nm. It’s some anti vax poo poo lol

https://twitter.com/matthewboedy/status/1610127280134828035?s=61&t=p0445rxpLu66mGWuX0reIQ

GOOD TIMES ON METH
Mar 17, 2006

Fun Shoe
Mike Brown passing a hat around the locker room to pay for all the ticket refunds

AndrewP
Apr 21, 2010

I think it's vaccine disinformation

TheKingslayer
Sep 3, 2008

https://twitter.com/NikkiMcR/status/1610111336863748096?t=P3eZGo9Sa7QRLxhTnE8Gyw&s=19

Gareth Gobulcoque
Jan 10, 2008

tonight sucked rear end (in a bad way)

whos that broooown
Dec 10, 2009

2024 Comeback Poster of the Year
Probably gonna watch a couple episodes of Joe Pera talks with you before bed. Obviously not the ones where his grandma dies

Professor Funk
Aug 4, 2008

WE ALL KNOW WHAT NEEDS TO HAPPEN

Think it’s anti vax horseshit

JAMOOOL
Oct 18, 2004

:qq: I LOVE TWO AND HALF MEN!! YOU 20 SOMETHINGS ARE JUST TOO CYNICAL TO UNDERSTAND IT!!:qq:

surf rock posted:

I mean in some sense there kinda is. these guys play through a lot and often suffer a lot later in life because of it

by all indications this was a fluke injury called commotio cordis (the 2nd time this year the NFL has caused an obscure injury term to trend on Twitter) which can happen if you get hit right above the heart at just the right time in the heartbeat cycle. every once in a while there's a death in youth baseball because of it. it's been speculated a lot that this could happen in the NFL but thus far it never has. dunno about lower levels of the sport.

Lifespan
Mar 5, 2002

Why post anything from such a garbage person?

Redeye Flight
Mar 26, 2010

God, I'm so tired. What the hell did I post last night?

Worse. He's trying to pin this on the COVID-19 vaccine, it's one of the common lies about it.

Charlie Kirk is human dogshit on the bottom of a work boot, scrape that poo poo from your memory.

A Buffer Gay Dude
Oct 25, 2020

No it’s Covid vaccine conspiracy dog whistling

Darth Brooks
Jan 15, 2005

I do not wear this mask to protect me. I wear it to protect you from me.

Tayter Swift posted:

owners deciding the outcome of this game over Madden would be just fine, thank you

Just call it a 0-0 tie.

It would be understandable if both of these teams sleepwalked through the next game.

wandler20
Nov 13, 2002

How many Championships?
Maybe we keep the COVID bullshit tweets out of here?

TheKevman
Dec 13, 2003

Honestly guys they don't even deserve the shares, just ignore and move on.

BigBallChunkyTime
Nov 25, 2011

Kyle Schwarber: World Series hero, Beefy Lad, better than you.

Illegal Hen

That strikes me as ominous.

Ches Neckbeard
Dec 3, 2005

You're all garbage, back up the truck BACK IT UP!

wandler20 posted:

Wiltsghost
Mar 27, 2011

I'm so sick of twitter

whos that broooown
Dec 10, 2009

2024 Comeback Poster of the Year
Please don't post Charlie Kirk in this thread, tia

abelwingnut
Dec 23, 2002

Darth Brooks posted:

Just call it a 0-0 tie.

It would be understandable if both of these teams sleepwalked through the next game.

i'm fairly convinced these two teams have already agreed to a tie. i think the bigger question, especially for buffalo, is these owners talking to the owners of the teams they play next. both teams are already in the playoffs. i would imagine both would be trying to agree to ties to take another week off or something. they can work out seeding...somehow.

i don't know, very tough situation.

mcmagic
Jul 1, 2004

If you see this avatar while scrolling the succ zone, you have been visited by the mcmagic of shitty lib takes! Good luck and prosperity will come to you, but only if you reply "shut the fuck up mcmagic" to this post!

Professor Funk posted:

Think it’s anti vax horseshit

Yeah I guess I wasn’t clued in to this particular chud stupidity.

OneMoreTime
Feb 20, 2011

*quack*

The only news I want to hear about Charlie Kirk is that he died in some comical manner. Fucker’s a ghoul

Drunk Nerds
Jan 25, 2011

Just close your eyes
Fun Shoe

wandler20 posted:

Or let's also extrapolate off of one data point...

Never before has a MNF been canceled...

Never before has right wing media been up in arms about MNF being canceled...

So, maybe... right wing media should shut the gently caress up if they don't want MNF being canceled???

I'm just asking questions???

fsif
Jul 18, 2003

BigBallChunkyTime posted:

That strikes me as ominous.

And a bit odd. Why would Mike Brown be there?

BigBallChunkyTime
Nov 25, 2011

Illegal Hen

abelwingnut posted:

i'm fairly convinced these two teams have already agreed to a tie. i think the bigger question, especially for buffalo, is these owners talking to the owners of the teams they play next. both teams are already in the playoffs. i would imagine both would be trying to agree to ties to take another week off or something.

I have no idea what all the playoff qualifying scenarios are, but the only way I could see the NFL allowing that is if there wasn't a bubble team that wouldn't be hurt by a Buffalo/Cincy tie.

marioinblack
Sep 21, 2007

Number 1 Bullshit

OneMoreTime posted:

The only news I want to hear about Charlie Kirk is that he died in some comical manner. Fucker’s a ghoul

His face shrunk so much that his entire body collapsed in it

Lifespan
Mar 5, 2002

whos that broooown posted:

BigBallChunkyTime
Nov 25, 2011

Illegal Hen
Charlie Kirk once wore nothing but a diaper in public to "own the libs." That should tell you everything you need to know.

Eifert Posting
Apr 1, 2007

Most of the time he catches it every time.
Grimey Drawer

mcmagic posted:

Yeah I guess I wasn’t clued in to this particular chud stupidity.

As a general rule if you haven't heard of someone and they're a verified dumpy looking white 30 something they're a right wing grifter on the Koch teet. You don't need to know them, they're all the same.

fartknocker
Oct 28, 2012

Damn it, this always happens. I think I'm gonna score, and then I never score. It's not fair.

Wedge Regret

whos that broooown posted:

TheKevman
Dec 13, 2003

In happier news, according to my projections, Damar Hamlin's Go Fund Me will reach 10 million in the next few hours.

E: currently 1.2M

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

BigBallChunkyTime
Nov 25, 2011

Illegal Hen

TheKevman posted:

In happier news, according to my projections, Damar Hamlin's Go Fund Me will reach 10 million in the next few hours.

At least there will be something good coming out of this.