Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.
(Thread IKs: slave to my cravings)

TwoStepBoog
Apr 12, 2008

Oooooh it's a rope Oooooh it's a necktie

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

i say swears online
Mar 4, 2005

it's been said before but nick getting into character with "ooooh" for robin williams and "hohhhh" for chinese guy still gets me every time. most of his homer lines start with "maaaarrge!" too

the milk machine
Jul 23, 2002

lick my keys
playing the bill nye intro for the local neighborhood children that love science

imhotep
Nov 16, 2009

REDBAR INTENSIFIES

slave to my cravings posted:

Hey I’m happy to be back in Maryland, Maryland though

Nick literally skipping around tom’s CD trying to find a bit and every second or so you hear ‘Maryland though..’ and ‘but, uh’ is so loving funny

britishbornandbread
Jul 8, 2000

You'll stumble in my footsteps
Does anyone born in the 21st century use their two digit year of birth at the end of their email address anymore?

slave to my cravings
Mar 1, 2007

Got my mind on doritos and doritos on my mind.
Episode 154 nick describes his lizard tongue friend from Austin. He says he’s a little bit autistic but the whole time you’re talkin to him he’s not like “I’m a lizarrrrrd sisssss”

This got a good lol out of me

net work error
Feb 26, 2011

TwoStepBoog posted:

Oooooh it's a rope Oooooh it's a necktie

Oooh maybe I'll jack offf juuuuuuust a teeny little bit

CRIP EATIN BREAD
Jun 24, 2002

Hey stop worrying bout my acting bitch, and worry about your WACK ass music. In the mean time... Eat a hot bowl of Dicks! Ice T

Soiled Meat

ben shapino posted:

she hosed him

DOPE FIEND KILLA G
Jun 4, 2011

thank you for your service, junpei hyde

stump collector
May 28, 2007

nooo duude nooooooo cmon

moist turtleneck
Jul 17, 2003

Represent.

Dinosaur Gum
https://twitter.com/AdamFriedland/status/1609803626343727104?t=mknlkVmWHisoDP9jnm8mrQ&s=19

slave to my cravings
Mar 1, 2007

Lmfao

the milk machine
Jul 23, 2002

lick my keys
little tiny suitcase full of dust

moist turtleneck
Jul 17, 2003

Represent.

Dinosaur Gum
And of course he flies virgin

moist turtleneck
Jul 17, 2003

Represent.

Dinosaur Gum
https://twitter.com/Shanemgillis/status/1609784034292285442?t=jBehiWAccKHC0gaq9cbdYg&s=19

Deleted but not forgotten

moist turtleneck fucked around with this message at 18:23 on Jan 2, 2023

Cael
Feb 2, 2004

I get this funky high on the yellow sun.

moist turtleneck posted:

And of course he flies virgin

A simple yet effective reply to him:
https://twitter.com/velour_shirt/status/1609804408367480832?s=20&t=HoWX4lEnnbVMfeDMGtFA9A

Sunk Dunk
Apr 14, 2021
someone pull up the clip from cumtown of adam talking about how sad it is when comedians use social media to complain to airlines

moist turtleneck
Jul 17, 2003

Represent.

Dinosaur Gum
is that the same one as the one that stav has a big hissy fit because his seat usb doesn't work and takes it all out on some airline attendant that even offered to go charge his phone in a flight attendant only area

TwoStepBoog
Apr 12, 2008

"so me and the cool flight attendant were looking at my penis in the mirror"

Sunk Dunk
Apr 14, 2021
lol that ep is very funny but it is also annoying because adam was actually right and stav was being a bitch

ElGroucho
Nov 1, 2005

We already - What about sticking our middle fingers up... That was insane
Fun Shoe
"it's common loving decency" - a fat man taking up 2 1/2 seats

Sunk Dunk
Apr 14, 2021

moist turtleneck
Jul 17, 2003

Represent.

Dinosaur Gum
https://twitter.com/nycguidovoice/status/1610124729226039297?t=gILBG3b0KNYBsMMWP9Ialw&s=19

slave to my cravings
Mar 1, 2007

lol there we go

Crespolini
Mar 9, 2014

Sunk Dunk posted:

adam was actually right and stav was being a bitch

stav is the protoform of the fat guy they talked about who'd make the flight attendants wipe his rear end. it's just a matter of time

mark immune
Dec 14, 2019

put the teacher in the cope cage imo

imhotep
Nov 16, 2009

REDBAR INTENSIFIES

wtf is this i dont understand it, it's like an optical illusion

Futanari Damacy
Oct 30, 2021

by sebmojo

lol

ElGroucho
Nov 1, 2005

We already - What about sticking our middle fingers up... That was insane
Fun Shoe

Crespolini posted:

stav is the protoform of the fat guy they talked about who'd make the flight attendants wipe his rear end. it's just a matter of time

A normal man's reaction to his friend not getting him a breakfast sandwich

"Aw, man"

Coxswain Balls
Jun 4, 2001

slave to my cravings
Mar 1, 2007

I’m imagining Tom hanks saying those words very clearly

holefoods
Jan 10, 2022

goddamn people read this poo poo?

Cael
Feb 2, 2004

I get this funky high on the yellow sun.

holefoods posted:

In the book he loving goes to space.

https://screenrant.com/forrest-gump-book-astronaut-space-orangutan-ape-sue/ posted:

Like in the movie, the book version of Forrest Gump accidentally becomes involved in an anti-war protest, but the consequences for him are a little more dire. Forrest gets sent to a mental hospital for psychiatric observation, whereupon it's discovered that he's an idiot savant with a brain like a computer. This attracts interest from NASA, who make him a deal: if he will fly into space on an experimental mission for them and serve as a backup in case the ship's computer fails, they will make sure he is spared from a prison sentence.

moist turtleneck
Jul 17, 2003

Represent.

Dinosaur Gum
Forrest fucks A LOT in the book too

Pepe Silvia Browne
Jan 1, 2007

holefoods posted:

people liked reading it and watching it so much they read a sequel to that poo poo too

Futanari Damacy
Oct 30, 2021

by sebmojo
For me the dumbest thing is that the Bubba Gump Shrimp Company exists in real life because of the movie. Angels in the Outfield poo poo

Futanari Damacy
Oct 30, 2021

by sebmojo
Mighty Ducks rear end restaurant

DOPE FIEND KILLA G
Jun 4, 2011

hosed up they have bubba gump shrimp but how come ive never seen any of gilbert's grapes for sale at the super market hmm?

Futanari Damacy
Oct 30, 2021

by sebmojo
That lady ate them all

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

the milk machine
Jul 23, 2002

lick my keys
if you want to blow your mind check out the plot summary for the sequel, Gump & Co:

quote:

In 1980, the shrimp market has exploded, and Forrest cannot keep up with the demand. Adding to Forrest's troubles, Lt. Dan sells off his share of the Bubba Gump Shrimp Company and the company eventually goes under. To make ends meet he gets a job as a janitor in a strip club, where he meets a former college football teammate who gets in a tryout for the New Orleans Saints. Forrest is kicked off the team when he's informed that Jenny has died and leaves town for her funeral. Jenny's mother is in poor health and Forrest resolves to earn money to support his son, Forrest, Jr, who only recently became aware that Forrest is his actual father.

Again unemployed, Forrest sells encyclopedias door-to-door, helps create the infamous New Coke, and operates a pig farm, all of which end in disaster.

Once at Union Station in Washington, Forrest sees a homeless, handicapped man, who says he is Lt. Dan, who had fallen in with those who took advantage of him and absconded with his retirement money, leaving him bankrupt. On top of that, Dan has become half-blind. Forrest, not wishing to see Dan homeless, says they will work something out. Forrest soon meets with a Marine colonel who recruits Forrest into a clandestine mission to Iran. They meet with Ronald Reagan. On the mission itself, they meet Ayatollah Khomeini. The mission is discovered, and everyone disavows responsibility save for Forrest, who is jailed.

Some time later, Forrest and the other prisoners are eligible for a work release program, to which they are put to work under a "religious rehabilitation" at Holy Land, along with John Hinckley Jr., where he accidentally exposes Jim Bakker's affair with his secretary.

Forrest then works with Ivan Boesky and Michael Milken on Wall Street, where he and his son meet Tom Hanks, who does not impress them. Forrest is visited by Jenny's ghost, who is worried about Forrest. Sure enough, he is set up to be the fall guy for their schemes, but his trial is disrupted by news of a crash. He's later met by two MPs, who tell him that due to an error in being medically released while in Vietnam, his enlistment has yet to expire and he is back on active duty. He is taken from New York to a remote post in Alaska, while his son stays behind.

Forrest considers Alaska a nice change of pace from the superficiality of Manhattan, but ends up accidentally wrecking the Exxon Valdez after a drunken night with an old friend. In the environmental hoopla that ensues, the Army spirits Forrest out of the States and decides to quiet his involvement, as court-martialing a Medal of Honor recipient would look bad. Forrest is then assigned to the reputed worst job in the Army: cleaning mud off tank treads in West Germany.

Forrest also meets an attractive blonde woman named Gretchen, who works in a beer hall. Originally from East Germany, Gretchen was spirited to the West, but her family still remains in the Soviet zone. Forrest and Gretchen start dating, but when Forrest suggests buying Little Forrest an oompah horn, Gretchen thinks he cannot afford such a gift on a private's salary and suggests better rapport could be built through writing letters explaining his situation in Germany.

When Forrest's background in pro football is discovered, he gets recruited for the unit's football team. During a game, Forrest punts the ball, which flies over the Berlin Wall, causing another turn of events where people in both East and West Berlin start breaking the wall with sledgehammers.

Forrest is deployed for the Persian Gulf War, where he is reunited with Lt. Dan. His tank crew captures Saddam Hussein. Norman Schwarzkopf is shocked at this, while privately praising such initiative, he remarks they got all of them in trouble with President Bush as it was not in the orders to get Saddam, and orders Hussein returned. They do so, taking Hussein to the outskirts of Baghdad. However, right afterwards they are hit by friendly fire. Forrest flees to safety, but not Lt. Dan, who says his time has come like all his ancestors who died in an American war.

Forrest starts harvesting oysters and builds it into a very successful business with the help of Forrest Jr. and all his old contacts. When thinking about investing the proceeds, he meets Bill and Hillary Clinton at Whitewater. The final chapter deals with Forrest arguing with Forrest Jr., who has taken up to adolescent rebellion by clandestinely drinking beer, and Forrest Sr. laying down the law in an old-fashioned way. Forrest gets one final visit from Jenny saying that he has set their son straight and that she "likes that German girl", implying that she is ready to crossover to Heaven. Forrest marries Gretchen, and his story gets put into film.