Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

ninjoatse.cx
Apr 9, 2005

Fun Shoe
Here's the guide NO WAVE posted earlier for finding all of the aranara. https://www.gamerbraves.com/guide-genshin-impact-76-aranara-locations-in-sumeru/

I used that and was able to find them all in one go. Do NOT skip any of the locations, and do not go to where the map marker is, look around, and then leave. Actually recreate those screen shots with your footing and camera angles.

Don't try to do it all in one go, either. It's divided into sections. Just do one section at a time and remember which section you stopped at. I did it over 3 days and it was pretty relaxing, and didn't feel like work.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

lurksion
Mar 21, 2013
RE: Windtrace - think this one ended way too rebel/prop favored this time. Not sure how much was new maps, and how much due to many hunters using something other than "go in this direction" skill. Don't think the new decoy skills did anything (exception: the first time as hunter I got very confused by props popping into thin air and spent a bunch of time chasing the literal ghosts), and I saw no other hunter wins other than myself that went 1-1 as hunter.

Best point score was a 950 point rebel win on the old Dawn Winery map where everyone climbed onto the roof at the start, but the other two props were asleep/not watching the location of the hunter and got caught at the same time while I stole the ult in the fields.

Another favorite was hiding on the backside of the stone mural on the Sango shrine map.

Redmark
Dec 11, 2012

This one's for you, Morph.
-Evo 2013
I think player skill is way too variable to draw conclusions from a single person's sample of games. Some games I had were easy for the hunters, some for the rebels.
One thing I have found is that people aren't that aggressive about racing for the favor, so running straight for it no matter has worked out for me (though I may have just been getting lucky spawns).

DeadFatDuckFat
Oct 29, 2012

This avatar brought to you by the 'save our dead gay forums' foundation.

The area where it was just the qince fields (not the village buildings) was awful as the rebels. There wasn't really anywhere to hide

Rexxed
May 1, 2010

Dis is amazing!
I gotta try dis!

DeadFatDuckFat posted:

The area where it was just the qince fields (not the village buildings) was awful as the rebels. There wasn't really anywhere to hide

I lost that one as a hunter because some rebels waited and got up on top of the little building you start near. I didn't see them until the last minute and couldn't get up there before they hopped off and outran me to get away. I felt kind of silly but it was a good time.

Danakir
Feb 10, 2014
This go around, getting the favor is a pretty big deal. If you're a rebel, snatching the favor away usually means your side wins even if you get caught for it. At least, that's my experience.

Coolness Averted
Feb 20, 2007

oh don't worry, I can't smell asparagus piss, it's in my DNA

GO HOGG WILD!
🐗🐗🐗🐗🐗

Danakir posted:

This go around, getting the favor is a pretty big deal. If you're a rebel, snatching the favor away usually means your side wins even if you get caught for it. At least, that's my experience.

Yeah the favor buff doesn't do much for the rebels, but denying the hunter the free cap or 2 their own favor would net them is pretty big.

lurksion
Mar 21, 2013

DeadFatDuckFat posted:

Can hide on the the cliffside with vegetation hanging down that covers you.

RPATDO_LAMD
Mar 22, 2013

🐘🪠🍆
Look at these cool rear end characters they are adding to Honkai:

Currently in on CN, next patch NA
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=8cFuWdFmiow
These two are next patch CN, two patches from now on NA:
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=f3Y_nS-7fjg https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=vIVb0C8zGJQ
(these are all videos from the public beta so they're missing some sounds and icons still)

It's the 3 original main characters from 6 years ago, coming back to team up in their super powered endgame forms before the final climax or whatever.
Look at the third video, they have a bunch of tandem stuff and a unique 3-person team-up ultimate. That owns!

On the other hand: it's three S-rank (5-star) rarity characters and the coolest stuff needs you to have all three at once :negative:
Herrscher of Origin will actually be a freebie from an event but you still need to roll for two. And in Honkai you gotta roll for gear too unlike Genshin's mostly-ignorable 5* weapons.

RPATDO_LAMD fucked around with this message at 06:58 on Jan 3, 2023

Asimo
Sep 23, 2007

That One Aranara that got me was finding a hiding one in one of the watch towers then forgetting to actually talk to it so it counted. :shrug:

Radical
Apr 6, 2011

Yeah, I thought the new characters looked pretty cool but apparently the CN community isn't super happy with the designs. Personally glad I skipped HoH since I like them way more and want the full set.

Captain France
Aug 3, 2013

Radical posted:

Yeah, I thought the new characters looked pretty cool but apparently the CN community isn't super happy with the designs. Personally glad I skipped HoH since I like them way more and want the full set.

I don't entirely agree, but I can kind of see why at least.
Bronya picking up some stuff from Future Bronya and Cyberpunk Bronya is cool, plus the Gundam thing, while a bit overdesigned, is also loving awesome, but not having Project Bunny behind her is abandoning something that has been a part of main story Bronya's visual identity since day 1. Plus, while the Gundam and lasers are cool as gently caress, so is the loving motorcycle.

Mei's angel thing she's got going on is kind of cool, but the flip from her demon look before seems like it could lose some people, plus something about her (is it the halo in the back? It might be the halo) reminds me a lot of Herrscher Of Human, and the last bits of that chapter have me never wanting to be reminded of Elysia again. (But wait, didn't most of the fanbase like her???)

Kiana's is the hardest to see why people wouldn't like her. Losing the cape for a skirt thing kind of sucks, but the starry sky imagery and the breaking reality like loving glass are both cool enough to make up for it. (Like, didn't they sell an HoF costume that was similar to this and people loved it?) Besides that she mostly looks like a skimpier Flamescion with a few sexy poses, and at least over here that's the sort of thing you'd see nerds getting mad at her not having.

Also I hope the stigma I already have for Kiana and Mei will be good enough. I've got to get at least a 2piece and weapon for Bronya, her current stuff sucks.

Also I hope they put a cooldown on that Team Ultimate or something, because Mei's solo ult seems to be full blown Metal Gear Rising Blade Mode, and gently caress yes that is cooler than the same cutscene attack over and over

Tae
Oct 24, 2010

Hello? Can you hear me? ...Perhaps if I shout? AAAAAAAAAH!

Captain France posted:

Kiana's is the hardest to see why people wouldn't like her. Losing the cape for a skirt thing kind of sucks, but the starry sky imagery and the breaking reality like loving glass are both cool enough to make up for it. (Like, didn't they sell an HoF costume that was similar to this and people loved it?)

That's actually a reason why, since the vocal disagreements probably bought her costume and having a unit very similar to a recent costume is a Con, not a Pro.

Captain France
Aug 3, 2013

Tae posted:

That's actually a reason why, since the vocal disagreements probably bought her costume and having a unit very similar to a recent costume is a Con, not a Pro.

That actually isn't a point I had considered.

Yeah that would kind of suck.

DancingShade
Jul 26, 2007

by Fluffdaddy

Boat Stuck posted:

Shower thought:

The Khaenri'ah disaster has to be one of three things:
- nanobots gone haywire/gray goo scenario, and/or
- AI gone haywire, and/or
- nuclear weapons (or the Teyvat equivalent) getting used

Grey goo.
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=CLDlDG1q0_o

Kale
May 14, 2010

RPATDO_LAMD posted:

Look at these cool rear end characters they are adding to Honkai:

Currently in on CN, next patch NA
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=8cFuWdFmiow
These two are next patch CN, two patches from now on NA:
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=f3Y_nS-7fjg https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=vIVb0C8zGJQ
(these are all videos from the public beta so they're missing some sounds and icons still)

It's the 3 original main characters from 6 years ago, coming back to team up in their super powered endgame forms before the final climax or whatever.
Look at the third video, they have a bunch of tandem stuff and a unique 3-person team-up ultimate. That owns!

On the other hand: it's three S-rank (5-star) rarity characters and the coolest stuff needs you to have all three at once :negative:
Herrscher of Origin will actually be a freebie from an event but you still need to roll for two. And in Honkai you gotta roll for gear too unlike Genshin's mostly-ignorable 5* weapons.

I like how Mei still has that "Just try me punk" sadistic grin from her HoT form even in her "light side" form. Considering I saw HoT Mei and Raiden Shogun first I always thought her character was always this hardcore cold bitch Miyuki Sawshiro archetype so the early Honkai stuff has been surprising to me that she's this kind of weak willed studious worrying type constantly lamenting her own weakness as of chapter 7.

Inzombiac
Mar 19, 2007

PARTY ALL NIGHT

EAT BRAINS ALL DAY

So, I played this a good deal at release and dropped it within a month.
I got the kid that does wind magic that was pretty dope but should I just make a new account or what?

The gatcha system was really aggressive and if it hasn't gotten better, I don't think I'll pick it up again.

...even though playing on mobile was fun.

Endorph
Jul 22, 2009

the gacha system hasnt really gotten better but with much more content in the game you can get more funbux without coughing up.

if you have venti id definitely keep using that account, hes a good unit and there arent really that many bonuses for new accounts.

Kale
May 14, 2010

Inzombiac posted:

So, I played this a good deal at release and dropped it within a month.
I got the kid that does wind magic that was pretty dope but should I just make a new account or what?

The gatcha system was really aggressive and if it hasn't gotten better, I don't think I'll pick it up again.

...even though playing on mobile was fun.

IMO this game has one of the least aggressive gacha systems which is probably one of the key reasons I've been willing and able to stick with it. banners only rotate every 3 weeks and only within the last year or so are they even running 2 five stars side by side. Most gacha titles are pulling new banners out of their asses every few days in comparison and its kind of a turn off for me at least. IMO its Western qcontent creators hyper focusing on banner "hype" poo poo due to a general lack of creativity more than the game or its PR

Space Opera
Jun 5, 2011

That rabbit's got a vicious streak a mile wide! It's a killer!

The first few banners after release were rough partly because there were so few sources of free primos imo. Also the free units (which now include Xiangling, Barbara and Collei) are absolutely viable, even for try hard end game content, so there's no real "need" to pull to keep up with power creep (which has been surprisingly little).

Kale
May 14, 2010

Looks like the leak rumour mill is buzzing ahead of the 3.4 stream which is probably Friday. Word of Fontaine Archon character description leaks, Dehya splash art leak and a rumor about a new character to be introduced as an NPC in 3.4 and to be made playable at a later date ala Mika. The keyword tsundere seems to be popping into a few of these leaks though its pretty ambiguous what it refers to still.

Inzombiac
Mar 19, 2007

PARTY ALL NIGHT

EAT BRAINS ALL DAY

So getting the premium currency for gatcha pulls is easier now?

It was such a buzzkill to eek out 50 crystals or whatever and get some lovely R1 sword.

And yeah, Venti was his name and loved his kit.

Eimi
Nov 23, 2013

I will never log offshut up.

The ways to get them are still the same, but there's more map to explore and more quests to do, so you have a pretty big supply of non-renewable primos to hoover up, which is a big boost for initial pulling until you are stuck with only renewable sources.

ninjoatse.cx
Apr 9, 2005

Fun Shoe

Inzombiac posted:

It was such a buzzkill to eek out 50 crystals or whatever and get some lovely R1 sword.

The primary method of getting them is still paying 5 bucks a month, playing 10-15 minutes daily, and participating in the limited tome events which are almost always ongoing. From there you just plan on banners that come up and roll the dice.

Edit: you’ll also get a nice chunk just from catching up on story quests and exploring all of the world you missed.

Inzombiac
Mar 19, 2007

PARTY ALL NIGHT

EAT BRAINS ALL DAY

Okay cool, thanks.
Also seeing player housing, which is a huge draw for me.

Really wish there was an offline mode so I could play on my commute. Oh well.

SiKboy
Oct 28, 2007

Oh no!😱

Inzombiac posted:

I think if you are fully free to play you get enough primos to get a new 5* every couple of months, obviously this varies with progression (if you are early game and not far enough through quests to take part in all the events its less, but that might be balanced out by the primos you are getting from opening chests and completing quests, so its probably a wash), and luck (its a gacha system with a reasonably generous pity system. You are more likely to get a 5* with any pull starting on your 70th wish, and completely guaranteed to get one by your 90th I think. Getting a 5* resets the counter, but thats the only thing that does, it carries over from one limited banner to the next one. Theres a measly chance of getting a 5* with any given wish outside that pity window, but it does happen which is a nice bonus when it does.) And unlike a lot of gacha games, most of the 4* units are actually pretty decent enough to play so not having a huge roster of 5* doesnt really hamper you.

I'd absolutely just log back in to your old account rather than just making a new one, theres no real advantage to starting over, and Venti is a pretty good get.

Inzombiac
Mar 19, 2007

PARTY ALL NIGHT

EAT BRAINS ALL DAY

Oooooh I didn't realize that pity carried over. Was that always the case?
That makes it waaaaaay less stressful.

I've sworn off live-service games unless a free account can do all the content (like Warframe) and GI was so fun to play normally that I'm willing to look past some small lovely elements.

Eimi
Nov 23, 2013

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=BWD6gykwdR8 with enough time in the artifact mines you can 36 star abyss with Amber.

SiKboy
Oct 28, 2007

Oh no!😱

Inzombiac posted:

I've sworn off live-service games unless a free account can do all the content (like Warframe) and GI was so fun to play normally that I'm willing to look past some small lovely elements.

I dont know if it was always the case, I started playing when it had been out a year or so, but its been like that at least that long! Takes the stress right out of it, especially if you are willing to take a "If I dont get this one, I'll get the next one" kind of attitude. Theres a little more to the pity system, when you get a (limited banner) 5* it has a 50/50 shot of being the one from the banner, otherwise it'll be one from the standard banner. If you lose the 50/50 and get a standard 5* then the next 5* you roll is guaranteed to be the on banner one. So between that and the pity system you can kind of know "I'm X rolls away from definitely getting the on-banner character" or "I'm X rolls away from getting a 50/50 on the on-banner character".

I'm not gonna lie though, I only found this out after I'd been playing for ages, and I stand by my initial system of "Just use rolls whenever I have enough for 10, and dont worry about it". Once you have a decent roster of characters you can start being a bit more strategic, and thinking about do you really need another pyro onfield DPS character or should you save your guaranteed pity for the geo shielder on the next banner... Only extra wrinkle since I started is Inazuma. If the characters upgrade materials are found in Inazuma then you'll have to progress a fair chunk of the story to get access to them if you want to level them over 40, so you might want to take that into account. Or not, you'll get there eventually.

Edit to add: For complete clarity the limited banners and the standard banners each have their own independent pity counter. Getting a standard 5* character from the standard banner doesnt effect your limited banner pity or guarantee at all, and the weapon banner is its own thing. Dont roll on the weapon banner.

SiKboy fucked around with this message at 19:02 on Jan 3, 2023

Xun
Apr 25, 2010

Inzombiac posted:

Yep, its been like this since launch thankfully

Ytlaya
Nov 13, 2005

Radical posted:

If the weapon banner wasn't 50% chance to get some random garbage I think I'd be more willing to roll on it since I like the cool looking weapons. I've gotten way more joy out of the random WGS I picked up from the standard banner than like, maybe half the 5 stars I have.

Weapon banner can rarely be worthwhile when 1. both 5* weapons on it are good and 2. at least one of the 4* weapons is something you want.

#1 is rarely the case, though.

RPATDO_LAMD
Mar 22, 2013

🐘🪠🍆

Inzombiac posted:

For long term players the beginning of the game was the 'best' time to get primogems.
There are a bunch of one-time rewards from quests and even from adding up alll the tiny useless 5-gem rewards from chests.
Once you've vacuumed all of those up and gotten a few hundred one-time wishes you're just left with a slow dripfeed over time.
(As a free to play player you get approximately 60 wishes per patch cycle when it takes 180 to guarantee a 5-star character. And each patch cycle has 2 banner periods with 1-2 5-stars each on them. So in the extreme you may potentially be skipping 11 characters (admittedly mostly reruns) to guarantee one.)

But as a new player it's always better the more you wait since there's more one-time stuff added to the game with each content update. Like if you started now (or just used your old account -- I'd advise sticking to it if you like the characters it had since there's no real benefit to starting over, and as a limited 5-star Venti is gonna be hard to get again considering you have to wait months of realworld time for the chance to wish for him), you'd have all the stuff from the newly added not-japan and not-egypt continents, plus the side areas in chasm and enkanomiya.

RPATDO_LAMD fucked around with this message at 19:20 on Jan 3, 2023

Eimi
Nov 23, 2013

Ytlaya posted:

Weapon banner can rarely be worthwhile when 1. both 5* weapons on it are good and 2. at least one of the 4* weapons is something you want.

#1 is rarely the case, though.

Unless you're dropping money on the game, I really don't think there's ever a reason to look at weapon banner. It's the one case where it has exploitative pity like other mobile games, and they are unnecessary for playing the game.

You get weapons despite knowing they are a horrible idea to get your fav their personal shiny.

RPATDO_LAMD
Mar 22, 2013

🐘🪠🍆
The concept of "getting your fav their personal shiny" is also just another aspect of exploitative mobile game psychology though
genshin's not so extreme about it but there are games that go real hard on trying to foster that kind of parasocial relationship with a fictional character and then encouraging players to spend real money "for that character" as opposed to for some kinda ingame benefit

Radical
Apr 6, 2011

Captain France posted:

Also I hope the stigma I already have for Kiana and Mei will be good enough. I've got to get at least a 2piece and weapon for Bronya, her current stuff sucks.

Also I hope they put a cooldown on that Team Ultimate or something, because Mei's solo ult seems to be full blown Metal Gear Rising Blade Mode, and gently caress yes that is cooler than the same cutscene attack over and over

Mei has a free stigma selector from the story and a refund gacha (same as Raven, forget exactly how much the refund was) while Bronya has a character gacha that drops equipment, so at 100 pulls you should have 1 stig selector and one weapon/stig selector at 100 pulls.) Kiana is a regular gacha. Bronya supposedly also will get re-run the patch after Kiana and Mei so you can prioritize accordingly (this might not be confirmed until her gacha is over for global though, so at your own risk.)

The team burst replaces Kiana's burst it seems, so you should still be able to use Bronya and Mei's.

Lazy_Liberal
Sep 17, 2005

These stones are :sparkles: precious :sparkles:

Eimi posted:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=BWD6gykwdR8 with enough time in the artifact mines you can 36 star abyss with Amber.

talks like lumpy space princess

RPATDO_LAMD
Mar 22, 2013

🐘🪠🍆

Radical posted:

Mei has a free stigma selector from the story and a refund gacha (same as Raven, forget exactly how much the refund was) while Bronya has a character gacha that drops equipment, so at 100 pulls you should have 1 stig selector and one weapon/stig selector at 100 pulls.) Kiana is a regular gacha. Bronya supposedly also will get re-run the patch after Kiana and Mei so you can prioritize accordingly (this might not be confirmed until her gacha is over for global though, so at your own risk.)

The team burst replaces Kiana's burst it seems, so you should still be able to use Bronya and Mei's.

The mei equipment gacha will take 50 pulls worth of crystals/cards. It has a 30 guarantee per item, so 90 pulls total to get the full set (counting the stigma selector box you'll get for free), and it refunds 40 supply cards.

That said, 50 pulls to gear the freebie Mei, 100 for Bronya, then another up-to-100 for kiana and up-to-200 for her weapon/stigmata is a huge ask.
The default honkai equipment banner is so unpleasant

Inzombiac
Mar 19, 2007

PARTY ALL NIGHT

EAT BRAINS ALL DAY

Well, got my old account back, had a ton of primos in the mail and pulled three Rosarias in a row.

Hope she's good!

Edit: Aww, I forgot how cute Barbara is. Man, this game is good.

Inzombiac fucked around with this message at 21:09 on Jan 3, 2023

Space Opera
Jun 5, 2011

That rabbit's got a vicious streak a mile wide! It's a killer!

Inzombiac posted:

Well, got my old account back, had a ton of primos in the mail and pulled three Rosarias in a row.

Hope she's good!

Edit: Aww, I forgot how cute Barbara is. Man, this game is good.

Congrats, she's a great support and can do a lot of different roles (energy generation via fav lance, atk and crit rate buffs for the team, off field cryo application for freeze)

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Eimi
Nov 23, 2013

Rosaria is very cool and I'm jealous you got her c2, I just have her at c0.