Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.
Should I step down as head of twitter
This poll is closed.
Yes 420 4.43%
No 69 0.73%
Goku 9001 94.85%
Total: 9490 votes
[Edit Poll (moderators only)]

Kingo Ligma
Aug 24, 2019

Ask me about calling people racist because I failed geography.

N. Senada posted:

No, Ligma must be stopped. Strike them down now Rhino

Reasonable tbh

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Noxville
Dec 7, 2003

https://twitter.com/erikrobson/status/1610155041712930816?s=46&t=1zd53byphR41brkiid9yVQ

Senor Tron
May 26, 2006

Could be worse, this happened once to a student pilot nearby, straying through controlled airspace.

Barry Foster
Dec 24, 2007

What is going wrong with that one (face is longer than it should be)

CaptainSarcastic posted:

Well, I was hoping Twitter would be dead by the end of 2022, but I guess I need to adjust my expectations. Maybe dead by Valentine's Day?

The Taoist Farmer posted:

There was once a Taoist farmer. One day the farmer’s only horse broke out of the corral and ran away. The farmer’s neighbors came to the farmer’s house and said, “Oh what bad luck!” The Taoist farmer replied, “We'll see.”

About a week later, the horse returned, bringing with it a whole herd of wild horses, which the Taoist farmer and his son quickly corralled. The neighbors came to see, and as they looked at the corral filled with horses they neighbors said, “Oh what good luck!” The Taoist farmer replied, “We'll see.”

About a month later, the Taoist farmer’s son was thrown from the back of a wild horse that he was trying to tame, and broke his leg. The farmer’s neighbors came to the farmer’s house and said, “Oh what bad luck!” The Taoist farmer replied, “We'll see.”

At that same time in China, there was a war going on between two rival warlords. The warlord of the Taoist farmer’s village was in need of more soldiers, so he sent one of his captains to the village to conscript young men to fight in the war. When the captain came to take the Taoist farmer’s son he found a young man with a broken leg who was delirious with fever. Knowing there was no way the son could fight, the captain left him there. A few days later, the son’s fever broke.

The neighbors, hearing of the son’s not being taken to fight in the war and of his return to good health, all came to see him. As they stood there, each one said, “Oh what good luck!” The Taoist farmer replied, “We'll see.”

Herstory Begins Now
Aug 5, 2003
SOME REALLY TEDIOUS DUMB SHIT THAT SUCKS ASS TO READ ->>

lmao i just didn't notice a cop once when I was like 19 or something. I eventually see the cop and stop and he storms up loving enraged like 'i called you in for a high speed chase i was behind you for 15 minutes blah blah you're going 15 over around a turn on a rainy night'

so i just told him i couldn't hear his siren over my music and i didn't see him because I was texting.

CaptainSarcastic
Jul 6, 2013

Concerning.

sebmojo
Oct 23, 2010

Legit Cyberpunk

Herstory Begins Now posted:

lmao i just didn't notice a cop once when I was like 19 or something. I eventually see the cop and stop and he storms up loving enraged like 'i called you in for a high speed chase i was behind you for 15 minutes blah blah you're going 15 over around a turn on a rainy night'

so i just told him i couldn't hear his siren over my music and i didn't see him because I was texting.

i'm sure that would have chilled him right out lol

Herstory Begins Now
Aug 5, 2003

sebmojo posted:

i'm sure that would have chilled him right out lol

i am extremely white so yeah it did, I got the bare minimum speeding ticket and barely even a talking to and that was it.

Herstory Begins Now fucked around with this message at 09:33 on Jan 3, 2023

CuwiKhons
Sep 24, 2009

Seven idiots and a bear walk into a dragon's lair.

Tesla won't get in any trouble for this because the article says he used some device to trick the car into thinking he was touching the steering wheel when he wasn't, so he voided them being liable.

Of course, Musk did just tweet the other day that the steering wheel nag was annoying and they would get rid of it soon :downs:

N. Senada
May 17, 2011

My kidneys are busted

This is the good poo poo right here

Mister Speaker
May 8, 2007

WE WILL CONTROL
ALL THAT YOU SEE
AND HEAR
It's a whole other can of worms to open but maybe cars with driver assist features should be required to recognize and maybe automatically acknowledge persistent police sirens and cherries or other signs of pursuit.

Or just go all the way with it like in Minority Report.

N. Senada
May 17, 2011

My kidneys are busted
Can’t wait to troll Tesla ai with my disco lights

Alan Smithee
Jan 4, 2005

A man becomes preeminent, he's expected to have enthusiasms.

Enthusiasms, enthusiasms...

Mister Speaker posted:

It's a whole other can of worms to open but maybe cars with driver assist features should be required to recognize and maybe automatically acknowledge persistent police sirens and cherries or other signs of pursuit.

Or just go all the way with it like in Minority Report.

Elon is going to deputize all Tesla cars to help cops in police chases

and also turn you into the local police station when you are accused of a crime

N. Senada
May 17, 2011

My kidneys are busted
Gonna build a groin taser that automatically shocks you every 2 minutes unless you do an elaborate Simon says game to prevent people from sleeping while driving

Alan Smithee
Jan 4, 2005

N. Senada posted:

Gonna build a groin taser that automatically shocks you every 2 minutes unless you do an elaborate Simon says game to prevent people from sleeping while driving

you must like elon's tweet or receive the tesla coil to the balls

N. Senada
May 17, 2011

My kidneys are busted
Vote yes on Musk polls to unlock the doors

QuarkJets
Sep 8, 2008

The moral of the story: nothing matters lmao who gives a gently caress

Atlas Hugged
Mar 12, 2007

Put your arms around me,
fiddly digits, itchy britches
I love you all
Black Mirror but it's the Simpsons Halloween Flanders big brother but Musk.

Alan Smithee
Jan 4, 2005

N. Senada posted:

Vote yes on Musk polls to unlock the doors

@Elonmusk: "should we unlock this guy's doors? I will abide by the poll results" :troll:

Herstory Begins Now
Aug 5, 2003

Alan Smithee posted:

Elon is going to deputize all Tesla cars to help cops in police chases

and also turn you into the local police station when you are accused of a crime

ah the amazon Ring system

learnincurve
May 15, 2014

Smoosh

kdrudy posted:

Yea, I've been seeing this constantly, boosting those people's replies is making replies even more of a nightmare then they used to be.

No one should have a Twitter account

Imagine what it’s like being a trans woman on Twitter right now. Not only do their abusers not get moderated anymore, they get boosted to the top of the replies.

Annabel Pee
Dec 29, 2008

Mumpy Puffinz posted:

Never Forget. Elon Musk was part of the team that make Paypal. The worst online payment site

Catching up so sorry if it’s already been brought up and I’m sure others know more about it, but wasn’t SA’s big beef with PayPal something about them not letting SA donate to charity and in hindsight was probably something to do with Lowtax loving up or lying?

I would blow Dane Cook
Dec 26, 2008
I know I shouldn't be surprised by this, but the results you get if you search twitter for 'vaccine' are loving appalling.

Neddy Seagoon
Oct 12, 2012

"Hi Everybody!"
Here's a question;

How anti-vax do we reckon Elon actually is? Any chance he's avoided a few jabs and we might get covidfreud from him catching it?

Zulily Zoetrope
Jun 1, 2011

Muldoon

CaptainSarcastic posted:

Well, I was hoping Twitter would be dead by the end of 2022, but I guess I need to adjust my expectations. Maybe dead by Valentine's Day?

You can also adjust your definitions. I'd posit that twitter is dead and has been for a while, and everything we're seeing is its death throes.

The Saddest Rhino
Apr 29, 2009

Put it all together.
Solve the world.
One conversation at a time.

Neddy Seagoon posted:

Here's a question;

How anti-vax do we reckon Elon actually is? Any chance he's avoided a few jabs and we might get covidfreud from him catching it?

He's apparently the person who told trump about the aquarium cleaner or the horse paste medicine in the first place. I'm betting he's vaxxed but has no idea he is.

learnincurve
May 15, 2014

Smoosh

N. Senada posted:

You have a good resource for this? Curious to know more

This stuff is so hard to find darn it. Ray Winston screaming “please gamble responsibly” at us by law is not though.

https://www.publicpolicyexchange.co.uk/event.php?eventUID=MG28-PPE
https://www.gamblingcommission.gov.uk/news/article/gambling-commission-sets-new-rules-on-action-for-at-risk-customers

There is a white paper due out because the House of Lords freaked out about the numbers of people online gambling during 2020, liz truss put it on hold but the gambling commission implemented a lot of what was in it anyway, even though we haven’t seen it. The House of Lords are really mad about the delay https://hansard.parliament.uk/lords/2022-07-20/debates/195A03A7-0C52-46E8-B30B-0D6BE931BA4E/GamblingWhitePaper.

House of Lords debating loot boxes was one for the ages and it does explain what I’m on about.

https://hansard.parliament.uk/lords/2022-05-19/debates/24043F21-30E1-49F6-B089-E98D32042DC4/LootBoxes

morningdrew
Jul 18, 2003

It's toe-tapping-ly tragic!

Tesla Plunges 250 Feet Over Notorious Stretch of Highway 1 in Calif., 4 in Critical Condition

:shepface:

Infinitum
Jul 30, 2004

Looks like Team Tesla's plunging off agaaaaaaaaaaaaiiiiiiiiiiiinnnnnnnnnnnnn....

Infinitum
Jul 30, 2004

I'm sure it'll come out that the autopilot switched off moments before sending those poor fuckers off the cliff as well

The Saddest Rhino
Apr 29, 2009

Put it all together.
Solve the world.
One conversation at a time.

That's a known issue with teslas

Data Graham
Dec 28, 2009

📈📊🍪😋

YAHOOOOOO!

Infinitum
Jul 30, 2004

Fixed your link mate

Neddy Seagoon
Oct 12, 2012

"Hi Everybody!"

Tesla's been plunging over the past few weeks, this is hardly newsworthy.

BoonyPC
Feb 19, 2007

Dear Elon, is this normal? Thanks

Blurry Gray Thing
Jun 3, 2009

Comments contain people praising Tesla's safety features because those four survived.

geonetix
Mar 6, 2011

shouldn't have driven the tesla near a cliff

Neddy Seagoon
Oct 12, 2012

"Hi Everybody!"

BoonyPC posted:

Dear Elon, is this normal? Thanks

Well the car fell off, that's not normal no.

ynohtna
Feb 16, 2007

backwoods compatible
Illegal Hen
hi, Elon. love the simulation. plz nerf fall damage, kthx

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

cr0y
Mar 24, 2005

Car go like stonk