Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Cloks
Feb 1, 2013

by Azathoth

KirbyKhan posted:

In the same vein. Insane Anime is going to every hobby picture thread in the forums to inspect for pubes. It's good, just :chefkiss: I gotta share it with podcast thread, only pube free thread on the net

Do you know what a podcast is?

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Frosted Flake
Sep 13, 2011

Semper Shitpost Ubique

Dr. Jerrold Coe posted:

Rod Dreher seems like the type to hang himself in his cell if he's ever popped for pedophilia

It’s sort of funny because his secret all-consuming shame is probably just being a run of the mill gay guy.

Futanari Damacy
Oct 30, 2021

by sebmojo

COPE 27 posted:

Isn't gangstalking just mental illness though

Most of the time it's bog standard paranoia, and the specific type existed long before the internet or the word "gangstalking" originated. I've only ever seen it brought up as a joke/to make fun of people not even claiming it. As infrequently as it comes up and as unknown as it is to the normal public, there's a lot more energy online put into ridiculing the idea than anyone claiming it to be a serious phenomenon. Which admittedly, it doesn't help that that is exactly what a coordinated group of people would do if the objective is to make someone feel crazy... :tinfoil:

tokin opposition
Apr 8, 2021

I don't jailbreak the androids, I set them free.

WATCH MARS EXPRESS (2023)
before i cut off contact with my mom she described gangstalking in other terms as a part of her growing paranoia. also thought i talked to her telepathically and that the psychiatrist was out to get her

it's a super common belief when brains go bad

gradenko_2000
Oct 5, 2010

HELL SERPENT
Lipstick Apathy

COPE 27 posted:

Isn't gangstalking just mental illness though

There's actually some evidence that the CIA maintains several hundred thousand plainclothes agents across the United States that would lend credence to gangstalking as a real practice in use by intelligences agencies

studio mujahideen
May 3, 2005

reading conspiracy nut websites was always a good time, but outside of the really gross not funny ones, bar none the saddest ones were the gang stalking people. its fun to look at flat earth diagrams, but its genuinely really sad to see someone who thinks that people are removing air from their tires every night, or poking holes in their shoes while they sleep.

just really depressing to imagine the mental state of someone who really truly thinks they're being tortured by every person around them. don't recommend looking it up

tokin opposition
Apr 8, 2021

I don't jailbreak the androids, I set them free.

WATCH MARS EXPRESS (2023)

studio mujahideen posted:

reading conspiracy nut websites was always a good time, but outside of the really gross not funny ones, bar none the saddest ones were the gang stalking people. its fun to look at flat earth diagrams, but its genuinely really sad to see someone who thinks that people are removing air from their tires every night, or poking holes in their shoes while they sleep.

just really depressing to imagine the mental state of someone who really truly thinks they're being tortured by every person around them. don't recommend looking it up

:yeah:

If you haven't had someone you love develop schizophrenia count yourself lucky

gradenko_2000
Oct 5, 2010

HELL SERPENT
Lipstick Apathy
okay "hundreds of thousands" was an overshoot

https://twitter.com/BoltzmannBooty/status/1394401307390263299

studio mujahideen
May 3, 2005

but yeah kiwi farms basically is a bunch of people organically inventing gang stalking. like when silicon valley guys accidentally come up with the idea for buses by imagining self driving commuter vans or whatever

Futanari Damacy
Oct 30, 2021

by sebmojo

gradenko_2000 posted:

There's actually some evidence that the CIA maintains several hundred thousand plainclothes agents across the United States that would lend credence to gangstalking as a real practice in use by intelligences agencies

This too

Most of the time they're apparently just posting but I wonder what else is in that job description.

KirbyKhan
Mar 20, 2009

Soiled Meat
I'm trying to remember the article I read, Signature Reduction I think was the term. Just a grip of dudes all over the land maintaining PO Boxes, cell phones, and post histories for people who are assuming other identities or to prep new identities some spook will one day inhabit.

Discrete Observation was also a fun job search term to lose your mind to

Frosted Flake
Sep 13, 2011

Semper Shitpost Ubique

Futanari Damacy posted:

This too

Most of the time they're apparently just posting but I wonder what else is in that job description.

I can see the job codes and internal listings so:

Job Summary
• Are you looking to work outside of an office?
• Do you love to drive?
• Are you a people watcher?
• Is being part of a team doing purposeful work important to you?

Then becoming a Surveillance Officer is the ideal career for you. Open the door to our world! It’s no secret that CSIS is at the forefront of protecting Canada’s national security. As Canada’s primary intelligence organization, we investigate and reduce threats to Canada’s national security, and take pride in our mission to keep Canada’s interests and Canadians safe. We recruit individuals with diverse backgrounds and perspectives, abilities and experiences to reflect the communities we protect. From coast to coast, we hire the best that Canada has to offer, and we are exceptionally proud of our people and our work. When you open the door to our world, you are embarking on a career you won’t find anywhere else. We offer a unique role as one of the most highly trained and skilled positions in Canada’s government.

What you would do:

Conduct discreet physical surveillance (in a vehicle and on foot);
Research and analyze information pertaining to surveillance;
Draft reports and detail information gathered;
Carry out several tasks simultaneously.

What we offer:

Employment in the Federal Government with security, full benefits, leave and pension
An opportunity to join an elite group of people who love what they do but also appreciate working together
Job satisfaction knowing that you are keeping Canada safe
A chance to acquire new skills, knowledge and other career choices all in one agency
Work life balance
An organisation committed to inclusion and diversity.
What we need from you:

Passion for serving your country and for the role that we are offering.

Education
University degree or College diploma and (2) two years of experience * or
High school diploma and (4) four years of experience *
The educational program must be from an accredited learning institution recognized in Canada. If you completed a program outside of Canada, you will be required to obtain proof of a Canadian equivalency at your expense through a recognized credential assessment service.

Experience
* Experience working in a team environment plus a minimum of six (6) years of safely driving motor vehicles in various driving conditions (city, rural, weather events)

A valid and permanent Canadian driver’s license. Full license is defined as G class (Ontario) or minimum of a Class 5 (remainder of Canada). G1, G2, Class 5-GDL, Class 6, Class 7, and Learner’s Permit will not be accepted.
Please note that the validity of you driver’s license must be maintained throughout employment in this position. A copy of your driver’s abstract for the last three (3) years will be required.

Our Recruitment Steps

Not publicly available

KirbyKhan
Mar 20, 2009

Soiled Meat
Will you be my referral when I apply to be a professional sock puppeteer?

Futanari Damacy
Oct 30, 2021

by sebmojo
Joining and being assigned reading my own posts

Frosted Flake
Sep 13, 2011

Semper Shitpost Ubique

KirbyKhan posted:

Will you be my referral when I apply to be a professional sock puppeteer?

lol it's hard enough to me to pass my social media audit every x years.

Fun fact, the emphasis on diversity for this job code used to be because they needed people who could go to Mosque all the time. I don't know if that's still the case, but I always thought that omission was telling and reflected the difference between the "Woke CIA ad" and what these organizations are still like.

✨ Personal connections 💫 A family member was under RCMP surveillance for about a decade. I found out through partial disclosures in the 2000's and then when I entered government I put in an ATIP. I also dated an intelligence officer, and later the daughter of a senior intelligence officer. A favourite professor turned out to be in the field. I guess I can't get enough of these dead eyed psychos. All of that to say, you are probably in closer contact with this stuff than you realize.

Frosted Flake has issued a correction as of 15:46 on Jan 3, 2023

KirbyKhan
Mar 20, 2009

Soiled Meat
Training a chatGPT bot as my own personal reply guy for my first month. Then, when they let me into the Twitter offices they bring me to a computer with the admin panel open and the button to ban my bot. When I dutifully press the button, tears streaming from my eyes, the site freezes. I hear a notification on my phone "Kirbykhan is Cool & good. Known for posting video essays in [podcasts] and making petty posters angry." Posted by my familiar avatar flashes on the screen. I look back at my instructors who are laughing their asses off.

tristeham
Jul 31, 2022

KirbyKhan posted:

In the same vein. Insane Anime is going to every hobby picture thread in the forums to inspect for pubes. It's good, just :chefkiss: I gotta share it with podcast thread, only pube free thread on the net

have some respect you loving freak

mawarannahr
May 21, 2019

Frosted Flake posted:

lol it's hard enough to me to pass my social media audit every x years.

Fun fact, the emphasis on diversity for this job code used to be because they needed people who could go to Mosque all the time. I don't know if that's still the case, but I always thought that omission was telling and reflected the difference between the "Woke CIA ad" and what these organizations are still like.

✨ Personal connections 💫 A family member was under RCMP surveillance for about a decade. I found out through partial disclosures in the 2000's and then when I entered government I put in an ATIP. I also dated an intelligence officer, and later the daughter of a senior intelligence officer. A favourite professor turned out to be in the field. I guess I can't get enough of these dead eyed psychos. All of that to say, you are probably in closer contact with this stuff than you realize.

they’re reading all your posts op

COPE 27
Sep 11, 2006

Frosted Flake posted:

When CSIS was (is?) desperate for Farsi speakers my friend couldn't get past the security check because he has connections to Iran lol

mawarannahr
May 21, 2019

COPE 27 posted:

When CSIS was (is?) desperate for Farsi speakers my friend couldn't get past the security check because he has connections to Iran lol

well it’s no wonder they were desperate with constraints like that!

Frosted Flake
Sep 13, 2011

Semper Shitpost Ubique

COPE 27 posted:

lol incredible.

There's a Cum Town bit in there somewhere about them sending a straight A's third generation Chinese-Canadian to Farsi school instead.

Toph Bei Fong
Feb 29, 2008

crepeface posted:

“Fuckbonnet” is a swear-pyrrhic compound. The double-n in the middle and stop consonant at the end make it fun to say, but — and this is crucial — the insult itself does not say anything. What is a fuckbonnet, exactly? Is it something you wear when you get…? Is it a hat that has fallen out of fashion and is now only good for…? There’s no discernible meaning behind the word; it only expresses contempt and the author’s vain originality. I submit that this aspect of the new swears is a feature, not a bug. The reason this formula has become so popular in our time is that it conveys the author’s outrage without running the risk of actually insulting anybody.

The guide to the formula embedded above points to this aspect of the new swears, describing them as “non-gendered insults” that are better than problematic old standbys like “bitch.” Coming up with insults that do not invoke gender or race or disability is good. The point of an insult is to hurt the person so insulted, not to deride an entire class. For this reason, though, the insult must describe or otherwise connect to its target. The signature feature of the new swears is that they do not carry any target-specific content. Simon can call the CEO of Twitter a “fuckbonnet,” but he might just as easily apply the word to Rand Paul or a QAnon conspiracist. Unlike a real insult, it’s nothing personal.

Bluenoses will say that the creator of a prestige drama calling the CEO of a media company a “fuckbonnet” is a breakdown of civility. In fact, it is civility purring like a kitten, the machine running just as intended. The essence of civility is to not say things that hurt people. The insults that proceed from the swear-pyrrhic formula are perfectly civil, because they contain nothing specific to the insulted party, no barb the target might have a hard time digging out. If I fire up Twitter to call the President of the United States a douchenozzle, it says nothing about him — only a little about me.

A fuckbonnet sounds like some sex nerd BDSM gear

KomradeX
Oct 29, 2011

Did anyone listen to the Avatar 2 chapo review?

Pepe Silvia Browne
Jan 1, 2007

KomradeX posted:

yeah. it sounded like a fun enough movie to go do some mushrooms and watch but i'm not watching another three hour avatar

COPE 27
Sep 11, 2006

Frosted Flake posted:

lol incredible.

There's a Cum Town bit in there somewhere about them sending a straight A's third generation Chinese-Canadian to Farsi school instead.

Yeah apparently the government thinks it's possible that someone exists in the Iranian diaspora who doesn't have any family members that did their military service or who worked for a sanctioned business.

paul_soccer12
Jan 5, 2020

by Fluffdaddy

KomradeX posted:

About 3 minutes of it

Very annoying

That DICK!
Sep 28, 2010

does anyone have that video from a few years back of some guy teaching english in korea teaching his class to say "adam friedland is very gay"

i say swears online
Mar 4, 2005

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=0yZDzHFHy1Y

Nothus
Feb 22, 2001

Buglord

KomradeX posted:

noooo gently caress no dude

lobster shirt
Jun 14, 2021

im gonna listen to it this week

Tankbuster
Oct 1, 2021
matt didn't go on rambling about squibs.

Dmitri-9
Nov 30, 2004

There's something really sexy about Scrooge McDuck. I love Uncle Scrooge.

KomradeX posted:

Yeah their synopsis made me want to watch it.

crepeface
Nov 5, 2004

r*p*f*c*

KomradeX posted:

i thought it would be annoying but will's honest enthusiasm was kind of infectious

Uncle Wemus
Mar 4, 2004

They were right about other blockbusters teaching you to hate emotional displays and drown everything in irony.

Atrocious Joe
Sep 2, 2011

KomradeX posted:

Will is about ready to cheer on the armed struggle. Matt hates libs that adore movies that reaffirm their beliefs because he wants movies that make him feel guilty. Felix wants to chill with whales.

Popy
Feb 19, 2008

i didnt care much for avatar 1, but i enjoyed avatar 2 idc if nerds on the internet hate anything avatar related it was fun

Wraith of J.O.I.
Jan 25, 2012

saw avatar 2 right before the chapo ep and i wish the whole movie was just the middle third vibing with the sea people and creatures

fun flick, prob loses most/all of its magic on a home tv screen

Dr. Killjoy
Oct 9, 2012

:thunk::mason::brainworms::tinfoil::thunkher:
i like how after ten years nerds still hate avatar for being the most successful media property called "avatar"

will's right on the sequel managing to flex as YA genre material as well

Smythe
Oct 12, 2003
avtar pissed me off kuz unobtanium is from THE CORE

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Cael
Feb 2, 2004

I get this funky high on the yellow sun.

Smythe posted:

avtar pissed me off kuz unobtanium is from THE CORE

Don't worry, they dropped that plot point and 2 is all about whale adrenochrome