Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Pablo Nergigante
Apr 16, 2002

P-Mack posted:

Piggly Wiggly was the innovator of the modern grocery store, before Piggly people would give a list and have the store clerk gather their items for them. Piggly invented the self-serve system where customers browse the aisles themselves and bring their goods to a dedicated checkout lane.

For some reason I jsut thought of the scene in It's a Wonderful Life where the drunk and grieving pharmacist is making pills and accidentally fills them from a big bottle that just says POISON on it

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Fungah!
Apr 30, 2011

Pablo Nergigante posted:

For some reason I jsut thought of the scene in It's a Wonderful Life where the drunk and grieving pharmacist is making pills and accidentally fills them from a big bottle that just says POISON on it

lol

copy
Jul 26, 2007

P-Mack posted:

Piggly Wiggly was the innovator of the modern grocery store, before Piggly people would give a list and have the store clerk gather their items for them. Piggly invented the self-serve system where customers browse the aisles themselves and bring their goods to a dedicated checkout lane.

well how bout that

mbt
Aug 13, 2012

Pablo Nergigante posted:

maybe he thought they were french fish oil pills

copy
Jul 26, 2007

In Training posted:

Piggly must pay for their crimes. It would be so chill to hang out with my local Proprietor when purchasing large volumes of salt, butter and flour.

Spoderman posted:

frankly this. piggly wiggly is fail for forcing me to wander aimlessly through a grocery store for like 30+ minutes to get my list instead of letting a kindly professional with total spacial expertise at the local general store gather my sundries for me in mere moments

Arrhythmia posted:

Delmar was a hero and had no sins to be washed away. The Piggly Wiggly had it coming.

Pablo Nergigante
Apr 16, 2002

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=bLKLC4TbZBM

copy
Jul 26, 2007

lol

Sub-Actuality
Apr 17, 2007

Pablo Nergigante posted:

lmao

Clawmydia
Jan 1, 2023

Buster only: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=vnRavhI_zU4

I would try no upgrades, but there's not enough time to get good when I'd rather start DDS.

Lunchmeat Larry
Nov 3, 2012

: Finish the game
: Find all the Armor Upgrades
: Find all Sub Tanks and Heart Tanks
: Hadouken!

good game, not much to say about it. I don't really love Mega Man as much as a lot of people do and sometimes find it more frustrating than fun, but it's still a good time

Alaois
Feb 7, 2012

Pablo Nergigante posted:

lol

STING 64
Oct 20, 2006

reserved:

Learn the Ballad of the Wind Fish
: Beat the DX bonus dungeon
: Get the upgraded sword
: Beat the game

STING 64 fucked around with this message at 21:04 on May 3, 2023

Evil Eagle
Nov 5, 2009

he's just like me

Lunchmeat Larry
Nov 3, 2012

Evil Eagle posted:

he's just like me

fighting Impos I see

Dr. Cool Aids
Jul 6, 2009
downloaded SMT, gonna get started tomorrow. Have only played Persona games before so lookin forward to seeing how it differs from that

but also I kinda wanna carry on to mega man x2 lol

ty sub-actuality for av & the kins for sig

Vadun
Mar 9, 2011

I'm hungrier than a green snake in a sugar cane field.

Does DDS stand alone or should I have some idea of the Nocturne plot?

In Training
Jun 28, 2008

Vadun posted:

Does DDS stand alone or should I have some idea of the Nocturne plot?

totally unrelated

In Training
Jun 28, 2008

on the final boss. forgot that this goofy loser just pulls out a lightsaber for Phase 2 lol

absolutely anything
Dec 28, 2006

~As for dreams, she has enough and more to spare~
well you should play nocturne because its one of the coolest games ever made. but also yeah its not related

absolutely anything
Dec 28, 2006

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=6m2lI-8dj0o

this is one of the coolest intro trailers for a game and 50% of it is running down cool looking hallways. nocturne ftmfw

Pablo Nergigante
Apr 16, 2002

absolutely anything posted:

well you should play nocturne because its one of the coolest games ever made. but also yeah its not related

This

welcome
Jun 28, 2002

rail slut
Is Nocturne a good place to start with regular SMT?

Sub-Actuality
Apr 17, 2007

lmao

Punished Chuck
Dec 27, 2010

welcome posted:

It's where I started and I didn't have any issues

absolutely anything
Dec 28, 2006

Chuck Buried Treasure posted:

It's where I started and I didn't have any issues

Pablo Nergigante
Apr 16, 2002

welcome posted:

Yes

Fungah!
Apr 30, 2011

lmao

tmfc
Sep 28, 2006

Sudden Javelin posted:

downloaded SMT, gonna get started tomorrow. Have only played Persona games before so lookin forward to seeing how it differs from that

but also I kinda wanna carry on to mega man x2 lol

x2 is just as good as x1 imo, it's worth it. x3 gets a little weird with the collectables and the music isn't as good.

The Kins
Oct 2, 2004
is it worth getting the hd remaster of nocturne or should i just stick to the ps2 version

absolutely anything
Dec 28, 2006

hd remaster has voice acting, some modern smt quality of life stuff like being able to pick skills when you're fusing demons, you can choose between dante or raidou for the guest character, and if you're playing on pc you can mod it to use high quality music from the ost instead of the super compressed ps2 tracks but thats pretty much it. it's not a super high effort port. neither's an incorrect version imo. that said i do like the mood better when there's no voice acting

Evil Eagle
Nov 5, 2009

DDS is probably the most accessible one. That said I started on Nocturne

Alaois
Feb 7, 2012

play DDS for the game club, and also play Devil Summoner: Raidou Kuzunoha vs. for yourself

Tarranon
Oct 10, 2007

Diggity Dog

Mega Man X

: Find all Sub Tanks and Heart Tanks

: Hadouken!

This was my second X play though, I had fun using special weapons in the levels instead of saving everything for bosses. This Sigma feels pretty fair, it rocks to go from getting immediately obliterated to getting past the first two phases on a single tank or even without getting hit now and then. Only other thought is that I really appreciate how the game encourages you to keep moving with lots of health drops and a fantastic dash move. Great choice for the new year, had a lot of fun.

I’m approaching hour 60 in SMT:V and want to focus on that in the short term but I’ll definitely give DDS a shot if I have time.

bees x1000
Jun 11, 2020

more importantly PC Nocturne HD has an XP sharing mod for all of your demons, not just the active ones. Saved myself some grinding time.

In Training
Jun 28, 2008

I used the invulnerability move a lot this time you can really jet through levels with it

Leadthumb
Mar 24, 2006

In Training posted:

I used the invulnerability move a lot this time you can really jet through levels with it

I use it every time in that vertical hallway full of knights and stuff in whatever sigma stage that is, it's the worst room in the game.

PS this post is impervious to Flames because of the flame proofer. :)

bees x1000
Jun 11, 2020

Leadthumb posted:

I use it every time in that vertical hallway full of knights and stuff in whatever sigma stage that is, it's the worst room in the game.

Alaois
Feb 7, 2012

Leadthumb posted:

i genuinely don't know how you're supposed to get through that room without either using that, the shield or just tanking the damage and jumping through the enemies

In Training
Jun 28, 2008

Leadthumb posted:

the wordt room in the game is the spider boss

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

mbt
Aug 13, 2012

Alaois posted:

play DDS for the game club, and also play Devil Summoner: Raidou Kuzunoha vs. for yourself

this.

i started with smt1 and think thats a good starting point too. probably depends on how much you hate dungeon crawlers though.