Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Len
Jan 21, 2008

Pouches, bandages, shoulderpad, cyber-eye...

Bitchin'!

But he sent this cryptic PM to a reddit mod

quote:

3 months ago, the day before Nintendo's most recent direct, he DM'd me "Zelda fans will be crying Tears of joy tomorrow." before the Zelda title was even revealed.

And now it's

quote:

Today he messaged me "Do you think everyone is primed and ready?"

Clearly this is a pro leak at its finest

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

MarcusSA
Sep 23, 2007

https://twitter.com/oliwelsh/status...ingawful.com%2F

American McGay
Feb 28, 2010

by sebmojo
I already used my free trial of AA to play Shovel Knight Dig though.

Tender Bender
Sep 17, 2004

Heads up that $50 eShop cards are $5 off on Newegg today. You get a code delivered digitally, if you're going to buy stuff on eShop it's basically a free 10% off.

Fuligin
Oct 27, 2010

wait what the fuck??

American McGay posted:

I already used my free trial of AA to play Shovel Knight Dig though.

was it any good

American McGay
Feb 28, 2010

by sebmojo
It was alright, great graphics and music, but it certainly wasn’t worth $30 or whatever full price is for it. Saw all the content in like 3 hours of casual play.

External Organs
Mar 3, 2006

One time i prank called a bear buildin workshop and said I wanted my mamaws ashes put in a teddy from where she loved them things so well... The woman on the phone did not skip a beat. She just said, "Brang her on down here. We've did it before."

Len posted:

And now it's

Metroid Prime: Hunters 2: Actually it's another Kirby game

Fuligin
Oct 27, 2010

wait what the fuck??

American McGay posted:

It was alright, great graphics and music, but it certainly wasn’t worth $30 or whatever full price is for it. Saw all the content in like 3 hours of casual play.

ya price was putting me off

Fuligin
Oct 27, 2010

wait what the fuck??

External Organs posted:

Metroid Prime: Hunters 2: Actually it's another Kirby game

would unironically love another hunters spinoff

JollyBoyJohn
Feb 13, 2019

For Real!
metroid prime hunters is probably one of the worst games i paid full price for, the controls were horrid

hatty
Feb 28, 2011

Pork Pro
Hunters was the first game I played online against actual human beings and that was fun, I was a Trace main. Single player was absolutely trash though

wizard2
Apr 4, 2022
update on Pathfinder: Wrath of the Righteous, if anybody is curious:

I tried the demo. No joke, it had easily the worst lag Ive ever seen.

RME
Feb 20, 2012

Hunters is a bad game mired by Nintendo DS online but I admire the effort of trying to make quake-inspired mp work on it

Len
Jan 21, 2008

Pouches, bandages, shoulderpad, cyber-eye...

Bitchin'!

There's also a claim that Zelda is the last significant first party title in some time so which is it? Are we getting more Metroid or is the Switch dead?

For actual content, I snagged Children of Morta in the sale. It's a fun little rogue-lite and the way it slowly unlocks characters by giving you bits and pieces of their personal story is fantastic and real neat. It also encourages you to play all the classes by having them unlock meta talents that upgrade the entire family

Feels Villeneuve
Oct 7, 2007

Setter is Better.
well that isnt true since Fire Emblem is already announced

Rupert Buttermilk
Apr 15, 2007

🚣RowboatMan: ❄️Freezing time🕰️ is an old P.I. 🥧trick...

Any speculation on when the first Direct of 2023 will be? What's happened historically?

Also, does this March mark TWO YEARS since SM35 was ended? :corsair:

American McGay
Feb 28, 2010

by sebmojo
I think the standard Nintendo schedule is February/E3/September

American McGay
Feb 28, 2010

by sebmojo

Feels Villeneuve posted:

well that isnt true since Fire Emblem is already announced
And Pikmin 4.

100YrsofAttitude
Apr 29, 2013

American McGay posted:

And Pikmin 4.

I forgot about this most wonderful of news. Thank you for reminding me.

hatty
Feb 28, 2011

Pork Pro
Sounds like It’s time for Rhythm Heaven and Picross 3D 3! Or maybe a Wario game! Small Nintendo games are the best ones

hatty fucked around with this message at 22:33 on Jan 3, 2023

Feels Villeneuve
Oct 7, 2007

Setter is Better.

hatty posted:

Sounds like It’s time for Rhythm Heaven and Picross 3D 3! Or maybe a Wario game! Small Nintendo games are the best ones

pushmo...

mycot
Oct 23, 2014

"It's okay. There are other Terminators! Just give us this one!"
Hell Gem

hatty posted:

Is there a single version of Rhythm Heaven that everyone likes? I always wanted to try the series.

hatty
Feb 28, 2011

Pork Pro
Fever on the Wii is my favorite but a lot of people like the DS version the most. Megamix on the 3DS is good too but the story ruins the flow a bit

100YrsofAttitude
Apr 29, 2013

That Indie game melatonin looks a lot like rhythm heaven.

Oscar Wild
Apr 11, 2006

It's good to be a G

JollyBoyJohn posted:

metroid prime hunters is probably one of the worst games i paid full price for, the controls were horrid

Agreed, and the ds graphics weren't understood so it was like quake wall textures without NY coherent level design. Really disappointing

Palmtree Panic
Jul 28, 2007

He has no style, he has no grace
Rhythm Heaven Megamix on the 3DS is a greatest hits collection with a bunch of new songs as well.

Absolutely the best in the series, but you can't really go wrong with any other Rhythm Heaven game.

jony neuemonic
Nov 13, 2009

To be fair it is kind of silly that Hamster’s Neo Geo releases don’t include both the arcade and console modes. IIRC both modes were in the original carts.

But yeah good emulation with no frills done cheap is Hamsters whole thing.

American McGay
Feb 28, 2010

by sebmojo
They’re called Arcade Archives not Neo Geo Archives.

Looper
Mar 1, 2012

100YrsofAttitude posted:

That Indie game melatonin looks a lot like rhythm heaven.

yeah it's basically lo-fi rhythm heaven to study to

Spellman
May 31, 2011

Fuligin posted:

would unironically love another hunters spinoff

Echoes had multiplayer, and hunters are already embroiled in the main series, just put it online

And maybe we can be Dark Samus too, that would be sick

WHY BONER NOW
Mar 6, 2016

Pillbug
Samus was kinda slow and clunky in the prime games, I wonder if she'll be faster and more spry in prime 4

Hrist
Feb 21, 2011

Lipstick Apathy
That was my big problem with the Prime games. It felt so slow, and I really didn't like how stuff like finally getting the screw attack was more of a "You can only use this cut scene in a designated spot." Other M's movement felt amazing compared to that. Until the "Let's be Prime now" hallways where they force you to walk slow for some story tension or something.

Meowywitch
Jan 14, 2010

Fight for all that is beautiful in the world

it's not slow it's artistically paced

flavor.flv
Apr 18, 2008

I got a letter from the government the other day
opened it, read it
it said they was bitches

Palmtree Panic posted:

Rhythm Heaven Megamix on the 3DS is a greatest hits collection with a bunch of new songs as well.

Absolutely the best in the series, but you can't really go wrong with any other Rhythm Heaven game.

I bet you recommend greatest hits albums too

Snowmankilla
Dec 6, 2000

True, true

Wrong thread! Go Nintendo!

WarpDogs
May 1, 2009

I'm just a normal, functioning member of the human race, and there's no way anyone can prove otherwise.

Len posted:

And now it's

so I looked this up. it was the mod of "GamingLeaksAndRumours", and the mod shared the leak and also outed the leaker (lol), who in response deleted their account (lol)

now the mod is begging the leaker not to leave and promising that in the future he'll be 100% anonymous

anyway, it's all going great and it's definitely real this time I bet

John Wick of Dogs
Mar 4, 2017

A real hellraiser

In Prime Samus's power suit is like a tank, where in the 2d entries from Super Metroid onwards her suit is like an advanced acrobatic mech.

But I feel like both styles work really well for the character and neither feels wrong.

Electromax
May 6, 2007
Something about the sound design and music plus the helmet effects and wet chunky environments make the vibes intense in Prime. It's like an ASMR game

abelwingnut
Dec 23, 2002

Morpheus posted:

Personally I'd recommend 13 Sentinels. Signalis was cool but left me annoyed in a few areas, 13 Sentinels was a wild ride from start to finish.

This is, of course, if you're not leaning one way or another between a visual novel (mostly) and horror.

alright, gonna start 13 sentinels here in a bit. one more question, though: english or japanese audio?

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Feels Villeneuve
Oct 7, 2007

Setter is Better.

abelwingnut posted:

alright, gonna start 13 sentinels here in a bit. one more question, though: english or japanese audio?

you know in your heart the right answer