Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

SeductiveReasoning
Nov 2, 2005

382 BC - 301 BC

Grand Fromage posted:

Can't see him going anywhere other than Florida, that's the end of the line for his journey.

Maaaaaaaaybe Nevada or Texas.

He’s a bitch and will just move down the road to Arizona. And will then continue to bitch about how blue it is becoming. That’s his whole grift. But this way his taxes will be lower and he can still hop into LA quickly.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Ralph Hurley
Aug 3, 2009

:barf::sweep::zoid:

Brown Paper Bag posted:

Adam has sacked Gina and Bald Bryan and is planning on leaving California

Did he email them this news over Christmas?

Medullah
Aug 14, 2003

FEAR MY SHARK ROCKET IT REALLY SUCKS AND BLOWS

Ralph Hurley posted:

Did he email them this news over Christmas?

I just watched a Youtube video where he talked about it, he specifically said "Did it in person, no emails this time". I'd say he learned from Alison butttttt

Ralph Hurley
Aug 3, 2009

The only other source of this I could find was on some gun forum full of trump loving psychos. I guess that’s his audience these days. Yeesh.

Tweak
Jul 28, 2003

or dont whatever

In searching for more info I learned that his guests last week were Kim Guilfoyle and Greg Gutfeld, and Dr Drew is apparently either an anti-vaxxer or at the very least pushing anti vax conspiracy theories in light of Damar Hamlin's collapse last night.

What the gently caress happened to these people

edit: I may have been duped about the guests but not Drew

Tweak fucked around with this message at 18:56 on Jan 3, 2023

rotinaj
Sep 5, 2008

Fun Shoe

Tweak posted:

In searching for more info I learned that his guests last week were Kim Guilfoyle and Greg Gutfeld, and Dr Drew is apparently either an anti-vaxxer or at the very least pushing anti vax conspiracy theories in light of Damar Hamlin's collapse last night.

If you are over a certain age, you saw the same thing happen at least once before

9/11 broke the brains of a lot of people, and turned a lot of so-called leftwingers into hard right wingers

The pandemic is/has done the same thing for a lot of people, between the lockdowns, the vaccine, mandates, masking, it all played on certain brains to make them lose their minds

Medullah
Aug 14, 2003

Ralph Hurley posted:

The only other source of this I could find was on some gun forum full of trump loving psychos. I guess that’s his audience these days. Yeesh.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=BpDOONtsvkM

This is what I watched.

ninjoatse.cx
Apr 9, 2005

Fun Shoe

Thanks for the link

beep by grandpa
May 5, 2004

who does adam even have in his life anymore. fwiw i haven't listened since Alison was fired. she was a doll and legitimately funny.

beep by grandpa
May 5, 2004

alison rosen is 47 what the gently caress lmao i thought she was closer to my age (mid 30s)

Grand Fromage
Jan 30, 2006

L-l-look at you bar-bartender, a-a pa-pathetic creature of meat and bone, un-underestimating my l-l-liver's ability to metab-meTABolize t-toxins. How can you p-poison a perfect, immortal alcohOLIC?

beep by grandpa posted:

who does adam even have in his life anymore. fwiw i haven't listened since Alison was fired. she was a doll and legitimately funny.

Drew I guess? Then just a parade of Fox News people.

holefoods
Jan 10, 2022

Tweak posted:

edit: I may have been duped about the guests but not Drew

This isn’t new for Drew, he was on the “COVID is a big fake hoax” train pretty early on

RightClickSaveAs
Mar 1, 2001

Tiny animals under glass... Smaller than sand...

lol at "going different directions" and "changing up the theme", he's been saying that yet doing the same morning zoo show knockoff since he left radio. I should know, I was dumb enough to listen for years when that happened!!

Some really big divorce guy energy coming from the aceman there.

Grand Fromage
Jan 30, 2006

L-l-look at you bar-bartender, a-a pa-pathetic creature of meat and bone, un-underestimating my l-l-liver's ability to metab-meTABolize t-toxins. How can you p-poison a perfect, immortal alcohOLIC?

Comedy factory I gasp as I say "get it on" for the one millionth time

ninjoatse.cx
Apr 9, 2005

Fun Shoe

holefoods posted:

This isn’t new for Drew, he was on the “COVID is a big fake hoax” train pretty early on

I still listen to Drew’s podcasts, and he has less clear messaging than any doctor I’ve ever heard.

He started saying it was overblown, then saying it was a complete disaster, then talking about every medicine going both back and forth with everything.

He’s very “the blue code”, except doctors instead of cops. He’s said he’s afraid of being sued, but that’s probably just an excuse for Drew being Drew.

Niwrad
Jul 1, 2008

holefoods posted:

A lot of those people who were incredibly wrong about COVID early on are now doubling down on the anti-vax stuff.

Ralph Hurley
Aug 3, 2009

He’s a passionate, passionate man

Niwrad
Jul 1, 2008

Good lord, Drew's twitter feed is worse than I thought. He's doing the "just asking questions" thing. Too cowardly to come out and say it.

Grand Fromage
Jan 30, 2006

Niwrad posted:

A lot of those people who were incredibly wrong about COVID early on are now doubling down on the anti-vax stuff.

What're you gonna do? He's a big boy.

WEH
Feb 22, 2009

coming to you live from the Aceman Compound

Lake of Methane
Oct 29, 2011

gently caress he's probably going to use Joe Rogan's studio in Texas.

I've been curious, is his father still alive? After I stopped listening I thought his father had a serious fall, but then recovered. His show was ... odd, but I enjoyed it because it was kinda-of cerebral about meditation and was educational for that.

Niwrad
Jul 1, 2008

Every California boomer complains about the state and tells everyone how they're leaving. Almost none of them do because the states they pretend are great actually suck more.

Hyrax Attack!
Jan 13, 2009

We demand to be taken seriously

Medullah posted:

I can see him moving to Florida and becoming a Desantis supporter.

I listen to the Film Vault, Bryan's other podcast, and it's frustrating how he was still working for Adam and wouldn't say anything bad about him. Hopefully that changes and he opens up a bit about how insane he's become

I haven’t listened in a decade or so and I liked Bryan ok but it was cringey how he’d put up with Adam’s abuse like he didn’t know how to stand up for himself or to tease back. Especially as Donny wasn’t as articulate as Adam but he’d still defend himself especially when Adam would imply he was an incompetent tech guy, and that blew up to Donny successfully suing him for profits.

beep by grandpa posted:

I’ve listened to a few of her episodes when she has the Doughboys on and she’s funny with good timing. I don’t regularly listen as it’s a bit too morning radio formatted but a good show.

SeductiveReasoning posted:

He’s a bitch and will just move down the road to Arizona. And will then continue to bitch about how blue it is becoming. That’s his whole grift. But this way his taxes will be lower and he can still hop into LA quickly.

Going to AZ from WA is what my old landlord did, although I don’t think seeking a more Christian atmosphere is Adam’s motivation.

Grand Fromage
Jan 30, 2006

Bryan seems like a decent dude. Not assertive for sure, but I guess if you can put up with Adam's poo poo it was probably a pretty cushy job.

Moniker
Mar 16, 2004
A step in the right direction, I guess. He fired them over the phone. Still gave them zero notice. Any reasonable person would be like "hey in the coming year I do plan on moving and there will not be a position for you." but not Adam.

Edit: I'm listening to the episode and he didn't even tell his own kids that their grandma died. Jesus christ Adam is truly mentally ill. Imagine not telling your kids that their grandparent died, days before grandpa shows up with his new girlfriend. Goodness gracious he's a loving lunatic.

Moniker fucked around with this message at 16:30 on Jan 4, 2023

bartok
May 10, 2006

Moniker posted:

A step in the right direction, I guess. He fired them over the phone. Still gave them zero notice. Any reasonable person would be like "hey in the coming year I do plan on moving and there will not be a position for you." but not Adam.

Edit: I'm listening to the episode and he didn't even tell his own kids that their grandma died. Jesus christ Adam is truly mentally ill. Imagine not telling your kids that their grandparent died, days before grandpa shows up with his new girlfriend. Goodness gracious he's a loving lunatic.

Does Adam even like his kids?

beep by grandpa
May 5, 2004

the only cool thing about following these conservative e-alpha male grifter types is watching all of their lives and relationship unravel one by one since nobody in their right mind can tolerate the aggressive selfishness & toxicity forever

ninjoatse.cx
Apr 9, 2005

Fun Shoe
Going all the way back through his career, he really was destroyed by the money. He just couldn’t mentally handle it :(

Moniker
Mar 16, 2004

ninjoatse.cx posted:

Going all the way back through his career, he really was destroyed by the money. He just couldn’t mentally handle it :(

Agreed. Money is the reason he doesn't have to deal with his emotions. Money give him the freedom to say "What? I took my kids skiing! They have more opportunity than they'll ever need. We're all great!". Compare that to someone like me who didn't handle stress well and would lash out on family because I am an idiot. After I did it one time too many I got a therapist because it doesn't help anyone in my life to deal with the outcome of my own BS. I guess my point is, he has the freedom to do things someone like me can only dream of so it helps him live in fear of all of confronting all of the emotions he's scared of because to him it's probably a fair trade. "Hey I am not emotionally available but I provide stuff!" I don't even know if that makes sense, but I agree. lol.

Omnicarus
Jan 16, 2006

Moniker posted:

The undertone that he only told them is because his son is getting a driver's license and was going to try and visit her is particularly something.

beep by grandpa
May 5, 2004

thread title could prob use an update imo

pangstrom
Jan 25, 2003

Wedge Regret
Family, Education, and Adam (solo show)

DangerDummy!
Jul 7, 2009

Omnicarus posted:

The undertone that he only told them is because his son is getting a driver's license and was going to try and visit her is particularly something.

Jesus loving Christ.

edit: lol

ninjoatse.cx
Apr 9, 2005

Fun Shoe
Sad lol, but lol

When Pigs Cry
Oct 23, 2012
Buglord

quote:

Now after more than a decade I’ve made the decision to return to those early podcasting roots, without the sidekicks or sound-effects.

https://www.instagram.com/p/CnAfHtSyeo8/

Can't wait

When Pigs Cry fucked around with this message at 01:03 on Jan 5, 2023

Medullah
Aug 14, 2003

Oooh a more uncut Carolla, good to know he's been censoring himself.

Moniker
Mar 16, 2004

Omnicarus posted:

I didn’t get that. I took it as “grandpa is bringing his girlfriend over tomorrow so I have to tell him and this is my only time alone” either way he’s a loving joke.

Hyrax Attack!
Jan 13, 2009

We demand to be taken seriously

Moniker posted:

Holy cow you’ve worked with them for what, 15 years? Sit with them one on one in a conference room and tell them in person. Sure it might be awkward & you might get yelled at but your football playing experience should get you through.

Riptor
Apr 13, 2003

here's to feelin' good all the time
Firing factory, not a firing warehouse

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

bartok
May 10, 2006

Does Bald Bryan share Adam's politics or was he just there to get a paycheck? I stopped listening before Alison was fired back when Adam was still socially liberal but financially conservative like how must dumb comedians were before 2016. Still lovely that Bryan was fired even if he also pivoted hard right too. Come to think of it are there any friends besides Dr. Drew that Adam hasn't alienated yet?