Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Alan Smithee
Jan 4, 2005

A man becomes preeminent, he's expected to have enthusiasms.

Enthusiasms, enthusiasms...

Mozi posted:

i'm incredibly disturbed by how poorly people are at detecting AI written text -_-

TVs Ian posted:

I mean, even just the baseline

cells

interlinked

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Mozi
Apr 4, 2004

Forms change so fast
Time is moving past
Memory is smoke
Gonna get wider when I die
Nap Ghost
interlinked

fish and chips and dip
Feb 17, 2010
https://twitter.com/YahooFinance/status/1610366764688502784

He pleads not guilty on all 8 charges.

happyhippy
Feb 21, 2005

Playing games, watching movies, owning goons. 'sup
Pillbug
mispost

Zopotantor
Feb 24, 2013

...und ist er drin dann lassen wir ihn niemals wieder raus...

Flowers for QAnon posted:

Certainly, without evidence or a rationale, it is difficult to say whether using cooking utensil-based controllers would make a game more fun. It is possible that using such controllers could add an element of novelty and physicality to the game, which could enhance the player's enjoyment. However, this would depend on the specific game and how well the cooking utensil controllers are implemented. Ultimately, the effectiveness of using cooking utensil controllers as a means of enhancing gameplay would depend on the individual player and their preferences.

Is this about those Skyrim speed runs where the runner is only using a fork?

FlapYoJacks
Feb 12, 2009

Might as well. I doubt they offered him a plea deal with all the evidence and witnesses against him.

notwithoutmyanus
Mar 17, 2009

EoinCannon posted:

Reads like an AI

It's totally chatgpt text, but it's still a more cogent argument than Seraphs posting history.

EoinCannon
Aug 29, 2008

Grimey Drawer

notwithoutmyanus posted:

It's totally chatgpt text, but it's still a more cogent argument than Seraphs posting history.

Cogent but uncanny valley, seraph is undeniably human

Lammasu
May 8, 2019

lawful Good Monster
Does Caroline Ellison get to stay in the Feywild while she waits to testify?

drk
Jan 16, 2005

mods, name change to Jpeg Sniper please

Pirate Radar
Apr 18, 2008

You're not my Ruthie!
You're not my Debbie!
You're not my Sherry!

Given everything, I wonder if he’s even going to try to dispute any facts or if his defense is just going to be that he wasn’t trying to commit the crimes so they shouldn’t count.

Alan Smithee
Jan 4, 2005

drk posted:

mods, name change to Jpeg Sniper please

2.jpg snypa

tehinternet
Feb 14, 2005

Semantically, "you" is both singular and plural, though syntactically it is always plural. It always takes a verb form that originally marked the word as plural.

Also, there is no plural when the context is an argument with an individual rather than a group. Somfin shouldn't put words in my mouth.
AI generated text reads like every email written by someone with a MBA ever

Also lmao SBF

Ups_rail
Dec 8, 2006

by Fluffdaddy
So how is this good for bitcoin?

Tarquinn
Jul 3, 2007

I know I’ve made some very poor decisions recently, but I can give you
my complete assurance that my work will be back to normal.
Hell Gem

Ups_rail posted:

So how is this good for bitcoin?

Thank you for this excellent question!
In this short Twitter essay I will explain how exactly this is good for bitcoin. 1/278

Alan Smithee
Jan 4, 2005

you're talking about it aintcha

Tarquinn
Jul 3, 2007

I know I’ve made some very poor decisions recently, but I can give you
my complete assurance that my work will be back to normal.
Hell Gem
I’m conclusion, this why Fluttershy is the best of the herd, my one and only love and pony waifu.

Thank you for reading! 278/278

Lord Stimperor
Jun 13, 2018

I'm a lovable meme.

CRUSTY MINGE posted:

Didn't Sega have a big hold on japanese arcades?

And didn't they get wrecked in the pandemic?

There wasn't a year in game history when SEGA wasn't stepping into some rake. I think they're being kept alive by some IPs that just refuse to die regardless how poo poo the associated products are

Hello Sailor
May 3, 2006

we're all mad here

Tarquinn posted:

I’m conclusion, this why Fluttershy is the best of the herd, my one and only love and pony waifu.

Thank you for reading! 278/278

well i'm convinced

CRUSTY MINGE
Mar 30, 2011

Peggy Hill
Foot Connoisseur

Lord Stimperor posted:

There wasn't a year in game history when SEGA wasn't stepping into some rake. I think they're being kept alive by some IPs that just refuse to die regardless how poo poo the associated products are

*Still mad about Chromehounds*

Rotten Red Rod
Mar 5, 2002

MechaCrash posted:

But at this point, I think that "we sold those studios to get money to invest into crypto" and "we sold those studios, and in an unrelated move, decided to get into crypto" is a distinction without difference. They sold off those studios and properties they weren't sure what to do with (details I don't know determine if this was a good or bad move), and also they decided to go big on blockchain (catastrophic stupidity to the point that a whole lot of people need to be fired).

"We sold beloved IPs cheap to blow it on Mega Millions scratchersblockchain" is shorter and funnier, though, so that's how it tends to get phrased. :v:

That seemed correct until Squenix's president Yosuke Matsuda wrote this open letter on Jan 1: https://www.hd.square-enix.com/eng/news/2023/html/a_new_years_letter_from_the_president_3.html

quote:

In terms of new business domains, we named three focus investment fields under our medium-term business plan. Among those, we are most focused on blockchain entertainment, to which we have devoted aggressive investment and business development efforts.

The entire 2nd half of the letter is all about blockchain games and rationalizing why they're still a good idea after the poo poo year in crypto. It's a real "yeah I actually meant to poo poo myself" moment.

Nessus
Dec 22, 2003

After a Speaker vote, you may be entitled to a valuable coupon or voucher!

Yoshida is going to have to save these idiots

Agents are GO!
Dec 29, 2004

I'm not convinced that the Square-Enix c-suite isn't trying to bust out the company.

Rotten Red Rod
Mar 5, 2002

I doubt it's on purpose, but it's very funny to me this is the same company that nearly tanked themselves trying to make CG movies and they've learned nothing.

Azubah
Jun 5, 2007

They're tired of making games like Sakaguchi was and are trying to kill the company.

Ups_rail
Dec 8, 2006

by Fluffdaddy

Agents are GO! posted:

I'm not convinced that the Square-Enix c-suite isn't trying to bust out the company.

I remember the late 1990s. FF7, FF8, and FF9. It was a fun run. I didnt finish 8 or 9. Or maybe It because I was like 13 when FF7 came out.

also stupid theory, SBF helped the crypto bubble by trying to find the next BTC and ETH, billions thrown at coins and investment.

limp dick calvin
Sep 1, 2006

Strepitoso. Vedete? Una meraviglia.
Only a Warrior of Fiat can save us

Hello Sailor
May 3, 2006

we're all mad here

Consummate Professional posted:

I guess the webcomic for it will be 8 Transactions Per Second Theater

ultrafilter
Aug 23, 2007

It's okay if you have any questions.

Welcome to the lightning network!

I like hashes!

etc., etc.

CommieGIR
Aug 22, 2006

The blue glow is a feature, not a bug

Pillbug

Agents are GO! posted:

I suspect is more the usual C-suite thinking it'll be a magic money printer because they watched a presentation/video about NFTs.

Fur20
Nov 14, 2007

すご▞い!
君は働か░い
フ▙▓ズなんだね!

Nessus posted:

Yoshida is going to have to save these idiots

he's gonna have his come to god moment like sakaguchi and make his own small studio, maybe rip microsoft off for a decade and then reitre

sorry to people who liked ff14 but it was never that good anyway

Lord Stimperor
Jun 13, 2018

I'm a lovable meme.

Consummate Professional posted:

Multipla discourse is a few pages back

Refried Noodle
Feb 23, 2012

CommieGIR posted:

I suspect is more the usual C-suite thinking it'll be a magic money printer because they watched a presentation/video about NFTs.

My CEO equivalent had this when the blockchain hype train started going. It was very useful in getting rid of my illusions about C-suite knowing more / anything.

CommieGIR
Aug 22, 2006

Pillbug

Refried Noodle posted:

My CEO equivalent had this when the blockchain hype train started going. It was very useful in getting rid of my illusions about C-suite knowing more / anything.

Our CIO did as well, and I had to be the one to break it to them that its an extremely high risk investment and they'd likely violate some fiduciary duties if they invested a significant amount into it.

C-suites are often....very frustrating to deal with.

latinotwink1997
Jan 2, 2008

Taste my Ball of Hope, foul dragon!

Boxturret posted:

i demand to be able to use the bfg9000 in tetris! anything less is impeding my rights as a gamer

Having Mario perform a fatality on Princess Peach after winning a game of Mario Kart against a 3 year old is the dream.

SAY YOHO
Oct 5, 2021

Agents are GO! posted:

As far as I'm concerned, so long as they do not taint the purity of Dragon Quest they can do whatever the gently caress they want.

Plz do not reply with slime nfts of they exist :ohdear:

Popete
Oct 6, 2009

This will make sure you don't suggest to the KDz
That he should grow greens instead of crushing on MCs

Grimey Drawer

SAY YOHO posted:

As far as I'm concerned, so long as they do not taint the purity of Dragon Quest they can do whatever the gently caress they want.

Plz do not reply with slime nfts of they exist :ohdear:

https://dragonquest.site/

Chainclaw
Feb 14, 2009

CommieGIR posted:

Our CIO did as well, and I had to be the one to break it to them that its an extremely high risk investment and they'd likely violate some fiduciary duties if they invested a significant amount into it.

C-suites are often....very frustrating to deal with.

I'm curious, what's the actual risk part for these companies? I thought that to them it was basically like printing pogs with their company logo. Just chasing a fad, and dropping like $10k to mint some stupid NFTs that everyone will forget in 3 months is cheaper than a lot of other advertising. Usually that's nothing in the marketing budget, I've heard of marketing teams rack up bar bills that size in a single night at a single bar schmoozing clients.

They aren't under the illusion that somehow that $10k on minting some ugly NFTs drawn by someone on the marketing team's nephew is going to make them any money on the NFTs themselves, but that the random news articles and angry twitter threads will probably drive back more business than that spend.

edit: I'm hoping it's some tax or legal thing that will burn these companies. I hate NFTs almost as much as I hate funco pops.

Chainclaw fucked around with this message at 21:07 on Jan 4, 2023

CommieGIR
Aug 22, 2006

Pillbug

Chainclaw posted:

I'm curious, what's the actual risk part for these companies? I thought that to them it was basically like printing pogs with their company logo. Just chasing a fad, and dropping like $10k to mint some stupid NFTs that everyone will forget in 3 months is cheaper than a lot of other advertising. Usually that's nothing in the marketing budget, I've heard of marketing teams rack up bar bills that size in a single night at a single bar schmoozing clients.

They aren't under the illusion that somehow that $10k on minting some ugly NFTs drawn by someone on the marketing team's nephew is going to make them any money on the NFTs themselves, but that the random news articles and angry twitter threads will probably drive back more business than that spend.

The main risk is that getting into NFTs also usually results in getting into Cryptocurrency. They are tied at the hip, and they are massive risks. You are not getting a lot of actual USD investing in NFTs, it mostly attracts 'customers' who want to talk to you about paying for things in Crypto, not USD.

A good primer on this is is 'Attack of the 50 foot blockchain' https://davidgerard.co.uk/blockchain/book/

CommieGIR fucked around with this message at 21:21 on Jan 4, 2023

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

SAY YOHO
Oct 5, 2021

More like Dragon Theft