Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Yossarian-22
Oct 26, 2014

I will concede that he isn't close to a top 10-15 value in the league because there are so many great players who are 25 and under who have a higher ceiling than him, whereas he's a 27 year old who happens to be playing the best ball of his career at the perfect time for the Kings. Like I would much rather have a guy like Garland, Halliburton or even Franz Wagner for the next 10 years even if I would rather have Sabonis right now

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

kingcobweb
Apr 16, 2005
https://twitter.com/LouallenDoc/status/1609036548187590657

indigi
Jul 20, 2004

how can we not talk about family
when family's all that we got?
he's always been soft

a new study bible!
Feb 2, 2009

BIG DICK NICK
A Philadelphia Legend
Fly Eagles Fly

indigi posted:

he's always been soft

Stevie Lee
Oct 8, 2007
SGA is just Shake Milton with regular minutes

Stevie Lee
Oct 8, 2007
Paul Reed throwing up the worst shots I've seen in a while. give Jaden Springer Danuel House's minutes

Yossarian-22
Oct 26, 2014

Dallas has won 6 straight games and Luka has scored 50 or more in three of them and shot over 55% in all three. In the six games his averages round to 42/11/10. He had ZERO TURNOVERS today and his TO average is 3.33 over the 6 games

With Dallas in 4th I think it's safe to say that all the MVP power rankings will have Jokic and Doncic as the top two ahead of Tatum now

Clear six man race with Jokic, Doncic, Tatum, Giannis, Durant, and Embiid with Zion/Morant/Mitchell as the dark horses

Yossarian-22 fucked around with this message at 06:24 on Jan 1, 2023

tristeham
Jul 31, 2022
luka ftw

AnimeIsTrash
Jun 30, 2018

this

Vox Nihili
May 28, 2008

Yossarian-22 posted:

Dallas has won 6 straight games and Luka has scored 50 or more in three of them and shot over 55% in all three. In the six games his averages round to 42/11/10. He had ZERO TURNOVERS today and his TO average is 3.33 over the 6 games

With Dallas in 4th I think it's safe to say that all the MVP power rankings will have Jokic and Doncic as the top two ahead of Tatum now

Clear six man race with Jokic, Doncic, Tatum, Giannis, Durant, and Embiid with Zion/Morant/Mitchell as the dark horses

Yeah I think Luka is up top now, his scoring has been completely ridiculous

Probably not something he can maintain but if he comes close to keeping it rolling he'll probably be MVP

Vox Nihili
May 28, 2008

Steven Adams has been bullying Sabonis all night

13 offensive boards and counting

fart simpson
Jul 2, 2005

DEATH TO AMERICA
:xickos:

denver literally cant put up a straight rim

kingcobweb
Apr 16, 2005

euphronius posted:

when are the sixers and Celtics playing

I need to see if the sixers are fake good

so playing the Celtics is a good measure if a team is fake good or really good?

fart simpson
Jul 2, 2005

DEATH TO AMERICA

the commentators said this was the best shooting night any team has had against the celtics for over 20 years?

euphronius
Feb 18, 2009

kingcobweb posted:

so playing the Celtics is a good measure if a team is fake good or really good?

for the sixers , yes

TDepressionEarl
Oct 28, 2010

I'm trying to win the World Cup
but I'm dummy thicc
and the clap of my ass cheeks
keeps playing Argentina onside

i've severely underrated booker. suns looked smoked at madison square, west coast visitors always get excited and play better in their manhattan billing. suns were never in it: 11 point first quarter. nobody scored more than a dozen. astonishing.

euphronius
Feb 18, 2009

hey the sixers win against the pels

nice

Yossarian-22
Oct 26, 2014

fart simpson posted:

50/20 is boring now. wake me up when someones scoring 70

okay https://twitter.com/NBA/status/1610118349962514434

euphronius
Feb 18, 2009

guys are going off

Yossarian-22
Oct 26, 2014

We are nearly halfway through the season and there are still six guys averaging 30 and three more averaging over 29. All except Tatum of those nine are somehow shooting over 49 or 50%. It rules

Yossarian-22
Oct 26, 2014

TDepressionEarl posted:

i've severely underrated booker. suns looked smoked at madison square, west coast visitors always get excited and play better in their manhattan billing. suns were never in it: 11 point first quarter. nobody scored more than a dozen. astonishing.

I still think he's a little overrated but the whole Suns offense is basically the guard combo of him and CP3. He's still a solid top 15-20 player easily even if his first team appearance last year was a fluke

fart simpson
Jul 2, 2005

DEATH TO AMERICA

thabnk you

fart simpson
Jul 2, 2005

DEATH TO AMERICA

Yossarian-22 posted:

We are nearly halfway through the season and there are still six guys averaging 30 and three more averaging over 29. All except Tatum of those nine are somehow shooting over 49 or 50%. It rules

the nba doesnt allow people to play defense anymore

Yossarian-22
Oct 26, 2014

Klay with 54 in 2OT game. Nice to see him playing well

Telluric Whistler
Sep 14, 2008

fart simpson posted:

the nba doesnt allow people to play defense anymore

And now we see Luka and Jokic ascending? Sabonis in top 5r of WS? Yeah... This is what you get when there's no defense, only colonialism

Vox Nihili
May 28, 2008

Yossarian-22 posted:

Klay with 54 in 2OT game. Nice to see him playing well

someone else also contributed 10 offensive boards and the game-winning tip

Yossarian-22
Oct 26, 2014

BBR says he's been the 2nd best Warriors player and 538 says he's third behind Curry and... DiVincenzo this year. He's probably a better passer than all the Warrior guards not named Curry

indigi
Jul 20, 2004

how can we not talk about family
when family's all that we got?

Telluric Whistler posted:

And now we see Luka and Jokic ascending? Sabonis in top 5r of WS? Yeah... This is what you get when there's no defense, only colonialism

yeah it's like Manning setting the TD record after they banned defense in 2004

or like Drew Brees going to the HoF over garbage time padding

Yossarian-22
Oct 26, 2014

I've seen enough. The Nets are the best team in the NBA

AnimeIsTrash
Jun 30, 2018

the schedule this year sucks so much rear end

Yossarian-22
Oct 26, 2014

Kings gonna score 40 points in the first aw yeah

loquacius
Oct 21, 2008

:dogstare:

pulling a Euph and politely declining to watch this game

a new study bible!
Feb 2, 2009

BIG DICK NICK
A Philadelphia Legend
Fly Eagles Fly

I know nothing and I’ll bet Boston wins.

the bitcoin of weed
Nov 1, 2014

SGA isn't even playing I don't know what's going on
these midseason games are just weird

Telluric Whistler
Sep 14, 2008

indigi posted:

yeah it's like Manning setting the TD record after they banned defense in 2004

or like Drew Brees going to the HoF over garbage time padding

Drew Brees isn't even 6 feet tall, can you even call him an athlete?

TDepressionEarl
Oct 28, 2010

I'm trying to win the World Cup
but I'm dummy thicc
and the clap of my ass cheeks
keeps playing Argentina onside

AnimeIsTrash posted:

the schedule this year sucks so much rear end

it does sort of suck rear end, but as long as people aren't getting severely hurt and missing the postseason i'm fine with the baseball style of seeing the same team twice in a row

fart simpson
Jul 2, 2005

DEATH TO AMERICA

loquacius posted:

:dogstare:

pulling a Euph and politely declining to watch this game

i was watching it until my stream died about 2 minutes ago and i cant reload the stream so i just gave up. thunder are shooting over 60% from the field and the celtics cant hit open 3s again. same as its been for the past month

Yossarian-22
Oct 26, 2014

No SGA playing even. lmao

Yossarian-22
Oct 26, 2014

euphronius posted:

for the sixers , yes

euph i was gonna make fun of you for this but you are right

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Yossarian-22
Oct 26, 2014

euphronius posted:

my new meditation is breathing in for four seconds thinking about a tall man . how tall he is and European. then I hold my breath . then I release my breath thinking about passing. balls in the air traveling through space relative to the floor. or the basket. I then hold an empty breath

repeat. tall men passing. hold

do this and you won’t argue about basketball . on this plane it’s all tall men passing

euph magic has sabonis with 13/8/4 at half time. thank you