Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

haveblue
Aug 15, 2005

Toilet Rascal

It's easy when the regions are basically color-coded and you have that bigass tree visible from everywhere

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Mr Hootington
Jul 24, 2008

I'M HAVING A HOOT EATING CORNETTE THE LONG WAY

exquisite tea posted:

Both Division games sold over 10 million copies worldwide.

Financial failures

CharlieFoxtrot
Mar 27, 2007

organize digital employees

External Organs posted:

Give me Terra Invicta where you play as Luthen over twenty years

Oh... I will play this when it gets to 1.0 lmao

Terra Invicta, that is

I said come in!
Jun 22, 2004

exquisite tea posted:

Both Division games sold over 10 million copies worldwide.

Fair, but also player retention was really bad and the population dropped off to almost nothing pretty quickly.

Dabir
Nov 10, 2012

Jay Rust posted:

The gamer geoguessr site has elden ring now!

https://lostgamer.io/elden-ring

Not surprised this exists since it's an actual game feature lol

JollyBoyJohn
Feb 13, 2019

For Real!
i really dont know too many games coming out in 2023 (kill the hype inside of yourself) but I am very very excited for the resident evil 4 remake

External Organs
Mar 3, 2006

One time i prank called a bear buildin workshop and said I wanted my mamaws ashes put in a teddy from where she loved them things so well... The woman on the phone did not skip a beat. She just said, "Brang her on down here. We've did it before."

CharlieFoxtrot posted:

Oh... I will play this when it gets to 1.0 lmao

Terra Invicta, that is

Same. It's on ye olde wishlist for me

Propaganda Hour
Aug 25, 2008

after editing wikipedia as a joke for 16 years, i ve convinced myself that homer simpson's japanese name translates to the "The beer goblin"

CharlieFoxtrot posted:

Soon this chart will be a distant memory...

I got attuned for Tempest Keep, Mount Hyjal, and Black Temple the hard way, but this is too much.

FirstAidKite
Nov 8, 2009

Arzaac posted:

:sickos:

Maybe they can remaster the game to be actually good

Based on everything I've read and watched, I'm not sure what kinds of changes they could even make that wouldn't involve tearing down entire systems and mechanics and rebuilding them.

Arzaac
Jan 2, 2020

Yeah, probably the most we're gonna get is an option to skip picking a skill panel at the end of a quest

Which, don't get me wrong, is an improvement, but imo the biggest flaw in that game is the quest design and they're sure as hell not gonna change that

Khanstant
Apr 5, 2007

External Organs posted:

Incredible games though, drat.

Yeah, I almost stopped watching to play it myself but I remembered last time I tried I got annoyed with the controls, too spoiled by modern controller standards, but it's still a really slick game, music and sound design is incredible and they really had a ton of amazing environments and art despite the limitations.

Waffleman_ posted:

When Samus' visor is affected by interference, they wanted a static effect, but they didn't have enough space for a full screen texture and if they had done a lower resolution one it would have been all blurry, so what they did was they just rendered the actual code of the game and used the machine code as a static noise texture.

It's awesome what they were able to pull off, but there's a ton of spots where things would just pop so much more if there were realistic lighting for dark spaces and the contrast of subtly glowing lights hinting at the form of areas shrouded in darkness. Or like her gun, the frost mode was cool using just white gradients but drat we can really do some incredible cold and frost effects these days. Especially since the game is also secretly hosed-up Pokemon Snap with you scanning the whole bestiary, hoping if the new Prime ever comes out they lean into what made the originals so great. guess I should tempter my graphic expectations since it's Switch

Infinitum
Jul 30, 2004

So did Cyberpunk end up being good in the end after all the patches?

Thinking about grabbing it with a Xmas card

Bad Video Games
Sep 17, 2017

I'm going to buy the new Fire Emblem day 1.

Vermain
Sep 5, 2006

Infinitum posted:

general consensus i've seen is that it's a perfectly enjoyable high fidelity GTA-alike and seems to be almost permanently on sale

Mr Hootington
Jul 24, 2008

I'M HAVING A HOOT EATING CORNETTE THE LONG WAY

Infinitum posted:

It is a bad game.

hatty
Feb 28, 2011

Pork Pro

Walla posted:

I will too because I’m an SRPG sicko but I’m not that excited about it

Propaganda Hour
Aug 25, 2008

after editing wikipedia as a joke for 16 years, i ve convinced myself that homer simpson's japanese name translates to the "The beer goblin"

Infinitum posted:

It's worth playing for the currently discounted price imo. Not so much for the main story or the "lived-in cyberpunk world" because both fail to materialize into anything worth a drat, but because it has a few missions that are worth the price of admission and it's just plain fun. I went back and forth on recommending 2077 for like a solid year, but I think at this point I'd recommend it almost universally to anyone with a passing interest. Maybe the high points just stick with me better, hopefully they'll stick with you better as well. It's also fuckin' beautiful if you can turn up all the bells and whistles on an RTX card.

Jay Rust
Sep 27, 2011

Ire failblem

Spring Break My Heart
Feb 15, 2012
Chained Echoes kicks rear end

The Good Queen Clitoris
May 11, 2008

You raised my hopes and dashed them quite expertly, bravo sir!

Infinitum posted:

I enjoyed my time with it after picking it back up after the big 1.5 patch. I didn't have any tech ical issues and the game was fun!

TheWorldsaStage
Sep 10, 2020

FirstAidKite posted:

Is this the year we get Unlimited SaGa Remastered

In a perfect world

haveblue
Aug 15, 2005

Toilet Rascal

Jay Rust posted:

Ire failblem

dire phlegmblem

I said come in!
Jun 22, 2004

Walla posted:

:yeah:

Khanstant
Apr 5, 2007

Infinitum posted:

it was fun at launch on PC. its a fun janky rpg from the joint what made the janky witcher games. stick with the prod or punches, no guns

BeanpolePeckerwood
May 4, 2004

I MAY LOOK LIKE SHIT BUT IM ALSO DUMB AS FUCK

Infinitum posted:

Yeah, it's good. Gameplay will always have things that feel undercooked or incongruous, but the story and atmosphere own.

Escobarbarian
Jun 18, 2004

Grimey Drawer
It owns ignore the haters who got here first. It owned even when it was crashing every 45 minutes and it owns a lot now

Barudak
May 7, 2007

Its the best Deus Ex game since Deus Ex: Go

Jerusalem
May 20, 2004

Would you be my new best friends?

I played it pre-patches and had a blast, it certainly had flaws but I really dug taking my V through everything and then escaping Night City with Panam

:cheers:

ymgve
Jan 2, 2004

:dukedog:
Offensive Clock
Play Cyberpunk on a beefy PC and you will have a great time

FirstAidKite
Nov 8, 2009

Barudak posted:

Its the best Deus Ex game since Deus Ex: Go

poo poo, I didn't know there was a Deus Ex Go game.

There should have been more Eidos Go titles. Just picture it. Thief Go. Blood Gomen. GexGo.

Jerusalem
May 20, 2004

Edit: Wrong thread!

Jerusalem
May 20, 2004

I gotta be honest, I don't actually know what a "Go" game is?

Barudak
May 7, 2007

FirstAidKite posted:

poo poo, I didn't know there was a Deus Ex Go game.

There should have been more Eidos Go titles. Just picture it. Thief Go. Blood Gomen. GexGo.

It had a level editor and you could share with others. It kicked rear end.

Rarity
Oct 21, 2010

~*4 LIFE*~

Jerusalem posted:

Well you see there are lots of black and white stones and

Jerusalem
May 20, 2004

Rarity posted:

Well you see there are lots of black and white stones and

Oh I know what that is! Wait, how does that work with video game characters then?

FirstAidKite
Nov 8, 2009

Jerusalem posted:

Some mobile games that got pc ports, except Deus Ex Go apparently.

They're little puzzle games designed to look like you're moving board game pieces around. They try to adapt the gameplay of a particular game by reducing it to a simple movement puzzle comparable to sokoban-likes.

CharlieFoxtrot
Mar 27, 2007

organize digital employees

The Go series of games was made by Square Enix Montreal, it featured turn-based puzzle levels that were almost like sliding tile puzzles.

When they got Embraced that group was eventually shut down
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=l9kJxrLSwHU

Escobarbarian
Jun 18, 2004

Grimey Drawer
In this context the Go games are like these cute lil isometric turn-based puzzle things where you try and get to the end of a level and not get hosed

Jerusalem
May 20, 2004

Huh, those actually look pretty neat! I somehow never knew about them before!

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Mode 7
Jul 28, 2007

Tomb Raider Go was the only one I played but it was a lot of fun.