Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Kalli
Jun 2, 2001

So funny story. The 4 power substations that were shot up in Washington state on Christmas?

Two guys did it, so they could rob a place.

... they had their cellphones on them at all 5 spots.

https://www.justice.gov/usao-wdwa/pr/two-charged-attacks-four-pierce-county-power-substations

quote:

Conspiracy to attack energy facilities is punishable by up to 20 years in prison. Possession of an unregistered firearm is punishable by up to ten years in prison.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Freaquency
May 10, 2007

"Yes I can hear you, I don't have ear cancer!"

Kalli posted:

So funny story. The 4 power substations that were shot up in Washington state on Christmas?

https://www.justice.gov/usao-wdwa/pr/two-charged-attacks-four-pierce-county-power-substations

I am glad that it was just a hillbilly heist instead of random right wing terrorism at least. I haven’t heard a thing about the substations in NC since we heard that the sheriff was “praying on it” or whatever the gently caress.

Kalli
Jun 2, 2001

Freaquency posted:

I am glad that it was just a hillbilly heist instead of random right wing terrorism at least. I haven’t heard a thing about the substations in NC since we heard that the sheriff was “praying on it” or whatever the gently caress.

Their excuse was hillbilly heist, and some reporters looked into their social media and didn't see anything, but they could be lying.

Either way, lmao at carrying your cell phone. Go to one anarchist event ever guys.

The Puppy Bowl
Jan 31, 2013

A dog, in the house.

*woof*

shirts and skins posted:

Heya TFF! Hope you're having a great new year. I haven't been posting as much lately because I've been distracted by a few things, but I'm still around.

Anyway, wanted to let you know that I'm taking the "new year new you" thing seriously, and by that I mean that I came to terms with being trans. So, yeah! Same shirts, maybe some new cuts of fabric. She/her, and it's a pleasure to re-introduce myself.

Internet friendship is weird. On one hand I'm really happy for you to be going through this big change that you want for your life. On the other hand I'm going to miss the form of the friend I've grown to know. I guess it's just part of life. Almost everyone gets a new Avi eventually.

At least we can share in the uncomplicated joy of your other life change. Really awesome news. Congrats!

Tulalip Tulips
Sep 1, 2013

The best apologies are crafted with love.

shirts and skins posted:

Heya TFF! Hope you're having a great new year. I haven't been posting as much lately because I've been distracted by a few things, but I'm still around.

Anyway, wanted to let you know that I'm taking the "new year new you" thing seriously, and by that I mean that I came to terms with being trans. So, yeah! Same shirts, maybe some new cuts of fabric. She/her, and it's a pleasure to re-introduce myself.

Congrats! Now there are at least 3 of us here!

C-Euro
Mar 20, 2010

:science:
Soiled Meat

T-Square posted:

I assume most of these dudes probably ignore the dozens and dozens of switches and toggles and gauges and think you can just grab the throttle slider thingies and “steering wheel” and control a whole rear end airliner? (but maybe you can idk, I definitely don’t think I could land one that’s for sure)

I imagine that air traffic control operators are at least trained to be able to talk a stranger through landing a plane, the way 911 operators can talk someone through giving CPR while trained first responders go to their location. Now, whether or not a random airplane passenger can execute on those instructions is an entirely different story.

Tulalip Tulips
Sep 1, 2013

Kalli posted:

Their excuse was hillbilly heist, and some reporters looked into their social media and didn't see anything, but they could be lying.

Either way, lmao at carrying your cell phone. Go to one anarchist event ever guys.

Lol I am very familiar with that area so I absolutely believe that these morons got the big brained idea to attack the substation to rob folks and thought the cops would look for right wing extremists since they're also on the ground there.

Freaquency
May 10, 2007

Oh jeez, I was too busy focusing on Elon Musk of all people to notice shirts and skins’ news. Congrats on getting to be yourself!

Air Skwirl
May 13, 2007

Neither snow nor rain nor heat nor gloom of night stays these couriers from the swift completion of their appointed shitposting.

Shinji2015 posted:

I mean, if you had to do it, I guess it's better to believe that you could instead of not? :shrug:

They've done tests with flight simulators and amateur pilots, people who can already fly a Cessna, they all die. One guy accidentally turned off the radio 5 minutes in.

Air Skwirl
May 13, 2007

Neither snow nor rain nor heat nor gloom of night stays these couriers from the swift completion of their appointed shitposting.

shirts and skins posted:

Hey, awesome, congratulations.

Neil Armbong
Jan 16, 2004

If anybody wants to see, there's a Donkey Kong kill screen coming up.
Pillbug

shirts and skins posted:

Congrats on this big step.

Fifty Three
Oct 29, 2007

The Puppy Bowl posted:

Internet friendship is weird. On one hand I'm really happy for you to be going through this big change that you want for your life. On the other hand I'm going to miss the form of the friend I've grown to know. I guess it's just part of life. Almost everyone gets a new Avi eventually.

At least we can share in the uncomplicated joy of your other life change. Really awesome news. Congrats!
Lol had me in the first half :golfclap:

Congrats shirts and skins! Awesome to hear, and good luck!

Its Rinaldo
Aug 13, 2010

CODS BINCH

shirts and skins posted:

What up, girl!

Kalli posted:

Hahahhahahahaha.

One of those stations is literally two blocks from my house. I pass it every day.

I'd wondered why a van was parked and some lady was talking in front of a guy with a camera and giant light.

Grittybeard
Mar 29, 2010

Bad, very bad!

shirts and skins posted:

*forearm bash into fist bump*

Congrats on being you!

Intruder
Mar 5, 2003

I got a taste for blown saves

shirts and skins posted:

Big congrats for finding what makes you happier

a sexual elk
May 16, 2007

/Kramer slamming cash on the counter I’m out gif

Ornery and Hornery
Oct 22, 2020

shirts and skins posted:

Congratulations comrade!!!! We love and support you!

Please let us know if there is anything we can do to support you :)

Tulalip Tulips
Sep 1, 2013

Ugh this sinus/ear infection combo is awful. I can't sleep.

Aaaaaaarrrrrggggg
Oct 4, 2004

ha, ha, ha, og me ekam

C-Euro posted:

I imagine that air traffic control operators are at least trained to be able to talk a stranger through landing a plane, the way 911 operators can talk someone through giving CPR while trained first responders go to their location. Now, whether or not a random airplane passenger can execute on those instructions is an entirely different story.

I think they usually get an instructor or someone familiar with the aircraft to assist. At least, that's the case with smaller planes that don't have locked doors.

I was always under the impression passenger jets could basically land themselves if the airport has an ILS runway. You just need to know the right switches and that's where the instructor/veteran pilot comes into play.

shirts and skins
Jun 25, 2007

Good morning!
Thank you all!! You're wonderful. It means a lot to hear this much support.

Ornery and Hornery posted:

Congratulations comrade!!!! We love and support you!

Please let us know if there is anything we can do to support you :)

Just keep being you, while I work on me. I see this as becoming a more complete version of myself - I'll have some new interests and views of the world, but I'm still going to be making GBS threads up the NFCW thread in the name of the Holy Run

Quiet Feet
Dec 14, 2009

THE HELL IS WITH THIS ASS!?

Congrats to Shirts and Skins. Everybody should be comfortable in their own skins. And shirts. :)

Bird in a Blender
Nov 17, 2005

It's amazing what they can do with computers these days.

There’s nothing better than a really comfortable shirt. It’s really a change in life when you spend a few extra dollars to not get the cheapest poo poo on the shelf.

FizFashizzle
Mar 30, 2005

I got two knitted pullover sweaters on sale from orvis a couple years ago. I’ve never liked sweaters. The neck is always too tight, they’re itchy, etc.

But my god these things. My god.

GD_American
Jul 21, 2004

LISTEN TO WHAT I HAVE TO SAY AS IT'S INCREDIBLY IMPORTANT!

shirts and skins posted:

Extremely good poo poo

Qwijib0
Apr 10, 2007

Who needs on-field skills when you can dance like this?

Fun Shoe

shirts and skins posted:

And we're glad to have you, congrats.

TITTIEKISSER69
Mar 19, 2005

SAVE THE BEES
PLANT MORE TREES
CLEAN THE SEAS
KISS TITTIESS

shirts and skins posted:

Welcome, m'lady!

LeeMajors
Jan 20, 2005

I've gotta stop fantasizing about Lee Majors...
Ah, one more!

I know intentionally misunderstanding the Bible is a thing but I found this incredibly funny.

https://twitter.com/dahvnyc/status/...ingawful.com%2F

Bird in a Blender
Nov 17, 2005

It's amazing what they can do with computers these days.

And Jesus said, "get a job you bums!"

Freaquency
May 10, 2007

LeeMajors posted:

I know intentionally misunderstanding the Bible is a thing but I found this incredibly funny.

:stare:

This dude really is just out there saying whatever bubbles up to the top of his consciousness huh

EmbryoSteve
Dec 18, 2004

Taste~The~Rainbow

My blood sugar is gon' be like

~^^^^*WHOA*^^^^~

shirts and skins posted:

Hell yeah

LLCoolJD
Dec 8, 2007

Musk threatens the inorganic promotion of left-wing ideology that had been taking place on the platform

Block me for being an unironic DeSantis fan, too!

shirts and skins posted:

Anyway, wanted to let you know that I'm taking the "new year new you" thing seriously, and by that I mean that I came to terms with being trans.

This makes my New Year's gym/lifestyle resolutions seem modest in scope. I hope this works for you and that you are well.

LeeMajors posted:

This dude thinks there weren't beggars back then? If Jesus had an axe to grind (:lol:) with the homeless we would certainly have a passage or two discussing it.

3 DONG HORSE
May 22, 2008

I'd like to thank Satan for everything he's done for this organization

Two days down, one day to go into the fast and I feel loving great this morning! :woop:

My mind is thinking about my next meal but my stomach doesn't care. So weird how that works.

seiferguy
Jun 9, 2005

FLAWED
INTUITION

Toilet Rascal

shirts and skins posted:

:nice:

Dango Bango
Jul 26, 2007

LLCoolJD posted:

This dude thinks there weren't beggars back then? If Jesus had an axe to grind (:lol:) with the homeless we would certainly have a passage or two discussing it.

Majority of the Jesus stories are him spending time with the people society cast out - beggars, lepers, etc.

Bill Dungsroman
Nov 24, 2006

shirts and skins posted:

Yay skins! Good for you :3

Neil Armbong
Jan 16, 2004

If anybody wants to see, there's a Donkey Kong kill screen coming up.
Pillbug

LeeMajors posted:

especially since the treatment of foreigners and the poor is a subject that bible spends more time talking about in a pretty clear and straightforward way than it does on either homosexuality and abortion (which it is actually pro, in certain cases), which both get like, 2 verses.

Big Ol Marsh Pussy
Jan 7, 2007

shirts and skins posted:

🥺

Joey Freshwater
Jun 20, 2004

Always playing with my meat
Grimey Drawer
Tennessee apparently has a new law that if you drive drunk and you kill the parent of a child, you now owe child support to the child.

On the one hand, I like it because gently caress drunk drivers they deserve everything they get. But on the other it’s Tennessee so I’m assuming this is going to be used to go after minorities somehow.

Amy Pole Her
Jun 17, 2002
…how?

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

LeeMajors
Jan 20, 2005

I've gotta stop fantasizing about Lee Majors...
Ah, one more!

E nvm