Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Rick
Feb 23, 2004
When I was 17, my father was so stupid, I didn't want to be seen with him in public. When I was 24, I was amazed at how much the old man had learned in just 7 years.

Jimbot posted:

Did anyone do the winter event challenges? I'm curious to know how many did them.

I didn't bother. I didn't find any of those modes fun.

I did enough to unlock the skin. Legitimately had a full baby temper tantrum over that thaw mode after losing 10 in a row but I did win the 12th one. I enjoyed the Mei snowball although it was kind of hard to get people to shoot my wall for that challenge. I'm pretty sure you can shoot the wall yourself and it counts though, or at least that's how I think I got the last one.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Kabuki Shipoopi
Jun 22, 2007

If I fall, you don't get the head, right? If you lose the head, you're fucked!

teagone posted:

Looks very lazy. It's just deathmatch with different abilities? I thought it was gonna be some PvE event thing, lol.

Deathmatch is the worst. I feel like I get thrown in with the most smurfiest smurfs to ever smurfing smurf. There's always one person going like 30-2, and I usually die by someone behind me I never saw or heard.

Gravitas Shortfall
Jul 17, 2007

Utility is seven-eighths Proximity.

The worst thing about Deathmatch is the re-used maps.

There's one (1) good Deathmatch map, and it's Kanezaka

Codependent Poster
Oct 20, 2003

I had a good game with Orisa and my teammates actually said my tank was killing it. That was nice to hear!

I alternated with her and Ram. Ram is okay but I dunno how fun he is after a while. Orisa is really fun because you can bully people pretty much all the time and landing javelins is so satisfying. Spin in their faces, shoot and javelin them. Never gets old.

dogstile
May 1, 2012

fucking clocks
how do they work?
Ram is weird because I don't think he's going to completely dominate the meta but he's going to be incredibly unfun for any supports that go up against a ram that's just pocketed by Kiriko.

I actually want them to rework Orisa. I play tank a lot and as soon as the other tank goes Orisa it feels like i'm at a disadvantage not doing the same. This wouldn't really be a problem, but two Orisa's rubbing up against eachother for the entire match isn't particularly fun for me either.

I have convinced a bunch of people to play junker queen/rein/monkey mirrors against me, at least. Got a solid list of tanks who'll see me in comp and say "Yo, no Orisa?". Reminds me of the no oddjobs era.

Gravitas Shortfall
Jul 17, 2007

If the supports are doing their jobs, Orisa just Won't Die and it's really loving frustrating.

Jack Trades
Nov 30, 2010

It's almost like you should be killing the healers first or something.

Gravitas Shortfall
Jul 17, 2007

Jack Trades posted:

I try to very politely point this out but most of the time I'm furiously trying to keep our tank up, work out when I can nade the Orisa so it isn't eaten or instantly cleansed, or having to 180 to heal our widow who's losing a sniper duel with an Ashe somehow.

dogstile
May 1, 2012

fucking clocks
how do they work?

Jack Trades posted:

I mean sure, but that means that 3 players are sat there doing gently caress all. As the Orisa, if you're both competent neither one of you is getting past the other one (and to be competent, you literally just need to not stand with your back to a wall while unfortified).

And considering the meta is Kiriko + anything (usually mercy/ana) usually the healers are just kinda "there". It's not like you can sleep/anti your way past her.

I dunno, I miss goats. In goats every single player could make plays, in Orisa duels it feels like i'm just pressing fortify whenever I feel even mildly in danger and pressing my jav spin whenever the other orisa tries to bully their way past me with theirs.

headcase
Sep 28, 2001

I miss dive and also argue that a squishier tank behind a shield creates more fun scenarios than a beefy horse robot that you can heal endlessly. A shield is just something you need to push through or neutralize or flank.

Jack Trades
Nov 30, 2010

dogstile posted:

I mean sure, but that means that 3 players are sat there doing gently caress all. As the Orisa, if you're both competent neither one of you is getting past the other one (and to be competent, you literally just need to not stand with your back to a wall while unfortified).

And considering the meta is Kiriko + anything (usually mercy/ana) usually the healers are just kinda "there". It's not like you can sleep/anti your way past her.

I dunno, I miss goats. In goats every single player could make plays, in Orisa duels it feels like i'm just pressing fortify whenever I feel even mildly in danger and pressing my jav spin whenever the other orisa tries to bully their way past me with theirs.

Yeah, I don't disagree with you. As an Orisa main, the mirror sucks rear end. I usually switch to Zarya or Sigma or maybe Ram when I see my opponent also pick Orisa. At least until I force them to switch.

Current gameplay also sucks, because as long as supports and tanks are reasonably competent on both sides, then it's up to the dps to actually make something happen and all dps players sniff glue and can't do poo poo generally.

Jack Trades
Nov 30, 2010

Oh for gently caress's sake! Did they sexually harass all the competent developers out and replaced them with interns when they made OW2?

High Model Quality

Low Model Quality

This is such an amateur mistake.

Assepoester
Jul 18, 2004
Probation
Can't post for 10 years!
Melman v2
I mean they didn't even change the name of the EXE to Overwatch2 until near the end of the first season

Father Wendigo
Sep 28, 2005
This is, sadly, more important to me than bettering myself.

Players who bought the new Widowmaker skin are upset because the ambient snake noises are loud enough to drown out most enemy footstep noise and broadcast your location to opposing players - even with a room between you.

In short, Blizz has heard your complaints about Widowmaker and is taking proactive steps to rectify the situation!

Jack Trades
Nov 30, 2010

I support Blizzatd's decision of making people that still give them money easier to identify and kill.

Kabuki Shipoopi
Jun 22, 2007

If I fall, you don't get the head, right? If you lose the head, you're fucked!

Overwatch 2's Battle for Olympus event turns seven heroes into Greek gods today

Why does this whole-rear end thing feel like a beta for changes? Like, it doesn't even sound like a fun event, it just sounds like a beta for player performance per hero with tweaked powers relevant to the new PvE mode or something.

This game has become such a poo poo show I can't even look at an event without assuming there's some ulterior motives behind it. Like endorsements being solely for the pleasure of knowing how many people give kudos to players based upon game performance. That poo poo has to be figured into something concerning match making or some poo poo.

Why make a whole system that means nothing? But then again we have the scoreboard so :shrug:

This game is making me a blizzard conspiracy theorist :tinfoil:

Cpt_Obvious
Jun 18, 2007

Father Wendigo posted:

Players who bought the new Widowmaker skin are upset because the ambient snake noises are loud enough to drown out most enemy footstep noise and broadcast your location to opposing players - even with a room between you.

In short, Blizz has heard your complaints about Widowmaker and is taking proactive steps to rectify the situation!

Lmao

Makes me less sad that I'll never be able to buy that minotaur skin.

comedyblissoption
Mar 15, 2006

Jack Trades posted:

Oh for gently caress's sake! Did they sexually harass all the competent developers out and replaced them with interns when they made OW2?

High Model Quality

Low Model Quality

This is such an amateur mistake.
it was like this in ow1 too

Dynamite Dog
Dec 12, 2012

Kabuki Shipoopi posted:

Why make a whole system that means nothing? But then again we have the scoreboard so :shrug:

This game is making me a blizzard conspiracy theorist :tinfoil:

That second part is true and because you’re looking past basic human emotional responses to look for cold calculations.

Things exists sometimes just to give people affirmations and that shouldn’t be confusing if you are human being.

Human does thing and wants to see how other humans did thing, so they made a scoreboard.

Human does thing and wants to know how other humans thought they did that thing, so they made endorsements.

Issaries
Sep 15, 2008

"At the end of the day
We are all human beings
My father once told me that
The world has no borders"

comedyblissoption posted:

it was like this in ow1 too

:yeah: Why do you think the sweaty tryhards play on minimum settings with their 4090 GPUs?

Issaries
Sep 15, 2008

"At the end of the day
We are all human beings

Speaking of Sweaty, here's some event challenges:

300 final blows for each 7 characters. You win a round if you get 20 final blows. You need 105 wins to get all titles. Or need to play more if you don't win. Only 2 weeks to do it!
(well technically I got 23 kills, because I killed myself 3 times with rockets.)
Luckily you only need 6 for the skin, and there's easier ones to do.

Issaries fucked around with this message at 20:53 on Jan 5, 2023

Jack Trades
Nov 30, 2010

Wow, the new event is trash.

headcase
Sep 28, 2001

Issaries posted:

Speaking of Sweaty, here's some event challenges:

300 final blows for each 7 characters. You win a round if you get 20 final blows. You need 105 wins to get all titles. Or need to play more if you don't win. Only 2 weeks to do it!
(well technically I got 23 kills, because I killed myself 3 times with rockets.)
Luckily you only need 6 for the skin, and there's easier ones to do.

It's probably that way because you are supposed to "vote on your favorite character" to get a statue built. They aren't expecting people to complete all of them. Just play your favorite dude. Playing 15-20 rounds isn't crazy.

Gravitas Shortfall
Jul 17, 2007

I opened the game, looked at the event, realised that I already had the Mercy skin and that all the other rewards were titles and and voicelines, then closed the game.

headcase
Sep 28, 2001

Yeah deathmatch is not very fun, but I did steal a bunch of kills with lucio, and none of the tanks could catch me.

Gravitas Shortfall
Jul 17, 2007

Decided to give it a go after all and wow.

Pharah SUCKS.

edit: except on the chateau map

Gravitas Shortfall fucked around with this message at 21:53 on Jan 5, 2023

im depressed lol
Mar 12, 2013

cunts are still running the show.
This is a bad event and they should feel bad for making it.

Issaries
Sep 15, 2008

"At the end of the day
We are all human beings

Gravitas Shortfall posted:

Decided to give it a go after all and wow.

Pharah SUCKS.

Nah. Everyone else can suck her rockets. :potg:

Only thing that can threaten her is a lobby full of widow one tricks.

Proven
Aug 8, 2007

Lurker
Playing Junker Queen, the jump pads on Illios Ruins meant that the Pharah players started avoiding me and chasing the Widowmaker on the other side of the map.

I like the event. First time I’ve ever actually played deathmatch in since OW2 launch since I prefer Tanks and Supports and oddball Damage characters.

Char
Jan 5, 2013
this event is literally impossible for bads
why do they tie kills with rewards, I get barely 5 kills per match

SadisTech
Jun 26, 2013

Clem.

quote:

MOIRA

Biotic Orb

Dealing damage with Biotic Orb now restores a small amount of Biotic Energy.

:v:

Father Wendigo
Sep 28, 2005
This is, sadly, more important to me than bettering myself.

Char posted:

this event is literally impossible for bads
why do they tie kills with rewards, I get barely 5 kills per match

Oh don't worry, the sole load-bearing pillar of Overwatch 2's existence is a fun and replayable PvE mode for people of all skill levels, so that you don't have to play matches sweatier than an overhydrated diabetic running laps in a heatwave.

uh oh!

SadisTech
Jun 26, 2013

Clem.
Jesus the event matches are awful. Typical deathmatch where you get people hard focusing on trying to kill steal thus every melee turns into a gang bang on whoever's lowest health while they're ignoring the actual threats, which in this case is pharahs hovering around with 1.5 - 2 x the killing blows of the next nearest. What I'm getting at is play Pharah if you're good at her for eeeeeasy wins but otherwise probably don't bother with this mode, it's just not fun.

Rick
Feb 23, 2004
When I was 17, my father was so stupid, I didn't want to be seen with him in public. When I was 24, I was amazed at how much the old man had learned in just 7 years.
If gold is supposed to be median skill that's a lot of players they're tossing on the suck pit.

Issaries
Sep 15, 2008

"At the end of the day
We are all human beings

Rick posted:

If gold is supposed to be median skill that's a lot of players they're tossing on the suck pit.

Gold players suck, but they're playing against other gold players so it all balances out.

Anyone tried the new buffed J-Quuen yet? How is she stacking against other tanks?

widespread
Aug 5, 2013

I believe I am now no longer in the presence of nice people.

Issaries posted:

Gold players suck, but they're playing against other gold players so it all balances out.

Anyone tried the new buffed J-Quuen yet? How is she stacking against other tanks?

I'm probably not gonna play, but from what I hear, her new Carnage is allegedly able to proc the 2 second reduction on any object/shields. So if you hit a shielding Rein, that's 4 seconds.

And if you were to say... hit those breakable railings, it's 2 seconds per railing. Allegedly.

toadee
Aug 16, 2003

North American Turtle Boy Love Association

Nothing alleged, ML7 was testing out all kinds of stuff. Mei walls, railings, etc, all work

https://clips.twitch.tv/BrainyStupidOrangeFrankerZ-jS0nwTdtAwYiOVqQ

teagone
Jun 10, 2003

That was pretty intense, huh?

toadee posted:

Nothing alleged, ML7 was testing out all kinds of stuff. Mei walls, railings, etc, all work

https://clips.twitch.tv/BrainyStupidOrangeFrankerZ-jS0nwTdtAwYiOVqQ

Lmao

Jack Trades
Nov 30, 2010

Kiriko's teleport no longer cleanses effects off her. Yet another change that's not in the patch notes.

I'm not a fan of them hiding changes from players in a supposedly competitive game.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Gravitas Shortfall
Jul 17, 2007

After playing more of the Olympus mode, I can confidently say that Lucio's stun-boop is the most annoying loving thing in the world, and the more Lucios there are, the more annoying it becomes.