Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.
Should I step down as head of twitter
This poll is closed.
Yes 420 4.43%
No 69 0.73%
Goku 9001 94.85%
Total: 9490 votes
[Edit Poll (moderators only)]

Carlos Lantana
Oct 2, 2003

I'm really sorry, your avatar is giving me a boner and while that is perfectly OK and I don't want to kink shame anyone, its making me feel really weird getting a boner in a Trump thread.

Sincerely,

Jailbrekr
lol, this one in geelong caught fire

Only registered members can see post attachments!

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Booty Pageant
Apr 20, 2012
elon bringing in a new age of apartheid

now what do i scroll through while taking a poo poo???

nine-gear crow
Aug 10, 2013

Booty Pageant posted:

elon bring in a new age of apartheid

now what do i scroll through while taking a poo poo???

Ponder the mysteries of the universe whilst you poo poo.

Zil
Jun 4, 2011

Satanically Summoned Citrus

nine-gear crow posted:

Ponder the mysteries of the universe whilst you poo poo.

Nah, just going to read the back of a shampoo bottle

nine-gear crow
Aug 10, 2013

Zil posted:

Nah, just going to read the back of a shampoo bottle

:dawkins101:

Infinitum
Jul 30, 2004

Carlos Lantana posted:

lol, this one in geelong caught fire

Was there a football match on?

massive spider
Dec 6, 2006

Crazy Ted posted:

Touchscreens are just terrible for cars, period. They require you to take your attention entirely off the road in order to use them. At least with something run by buttons you can memorize where the buttons are and what they do and kind of half-rear end it while you're driving. Not so with a touchscreen.

It’s especially dumb because video games have already been there. People will pay extra for a nice feeling controller with tactile buttons to control the thing. Touchscreens have been tried to ambivalent response.

AutismVaccine
Feb 26, 2017

SPECIAL NEEDS
SQUAD

E the Shaggy posted:

I read through the latest Twitter Files just now and have no loving idea where the controversy is, like at all.

The Schad is on you, cause you wasted time to do that.

AutismVaccine
Feb 26, 2017

SPECIAL NEEDS
SQUAD

Also new title idea (related to Tesla stock):

Elon Musk: This oval office be happening

(USER WAS PUT ON PROBATION FOR THIS POST)

Jestery
Aug 2, 2016

Not a Dickman, just a shape

AutismVaccine posted:

God drat , I wish we could put that as the title

Jestery fucked around with this message at 09:47 on Jan 4, 2023

Libra
Jan 5, 2011

Australian Tracer Tong: "JC, the net's going... the net's going black! JC! No more infolinks, transmissions of any kind. We'll start again...live in villages...if you receive this... if you survive... then find us! Find us!"

mobby_6kl
Aug 9, 2009

by Fluffdaddy

AutismVaccine posted:

Isn't South Africa a commonwealth country? I think this should be allowed :colbert:

bad_fmr
Nov 28, 2007

Jestery posted:

God drat , I wish we could put that as the title

Be the change you want to see in the world

CaptainSarcastic
Jul 6, 2013

mobby_6kl posted:

Isn't South Africa a commonwealth country? I think this should be allowed :colbert:

Elmo is more of a curse on the US than anywhere else at this point.

And I don't think South Africa is Commonwealth anymore, although I could be mistaken on that.

So, that means that Elmo is still the dumbest motherfucker alive. But you still can't use the c-word in this thread.

MikeJF
Dec 20, 2003

mobby_6kl posted:

I'll common your wealth

MikeJF
Dec 20, 2003

CaptainSarcastic posted:

And I don't think South Africa is Commonwealth anymore, although I could be mistaken on that.

It's still Commonwealth. It's not a Commonwealth Realm (aka countries with Charlie on the throne) but it's still in the Commonwealth organisation.

The only countries that have permanently left the Commonwealth since it was created are Ireland, who left for obvious reasons, and Zimbabwe, who left after they got suspended for being Bad. A couple of others also got suspended for being bad but they got let back in because they got better we need people to play cricket against.

MikeJF fucked around with this message at 10:26 on Jan 4, 2023

Songbearer
Jul 12, 2007

Fuck you say?

priznat posted:

Seconding, I used to be a huge F1 fan before I kind of drifted away.

Thank God they put halos in or you wouldn't be posting then

Regular Wario
Mar 27, 2010

Slippery Tilde
Common wealth? That sounds a bit too left for the emerald heir

Deptfordx
Dec 23, 2013

Dogmeat posted:

all his friends bought doomsday compounds in new zealand a few years ago. he'll probably have to couch surf there sometime when he runs out of other places to not pay rent.

There have been studies done on "What happen to New Zealand if the world goes away?" for whatever reason. And the Tl:Dr is that NZ has to import basically everything that's vital to keeping important poo poo working, and it would be utterly hosed.

MikeJF
Dec 20, 2003

Deptfordx posted:

There have been studies done on "What happen to New Zealand if the world goes away?" for whatever reason. And the Tl:Dr is that NZ has to import basically everything that's vital to keeping important poo poo working, and it would be utterly hosed.

These are people who are convinced they can keep their doomsday compounds under their control for decades too, they're not too bright.

(Also if the world ends new zealand would totally nationalise their compounds just to say gently caress you.)

FirstnameLastname
Jul 10, 2022
Probation
Can't post for 5 hours!

ellie the beep posted:

threads already been over it; certain size trucks are not legally required to have airbags, and the cybertruck counts as a truck of that category

if he took out the airbags on one of the cars tho, yeah thatd be crazy illegal in the u.s.

this still seems insane to me

other big trucks have crumple zones and parts of the frame and body that flex under collisions, which is why the airbag thing kinda makes sense - if you hit something hard enough to where the actual structure of the truck gives way, you're dead anyways

with a stressed-skin frame that flexion and energy dissipation is inherently impossible because now any bodywork deformation whatsoever means a total structural failure

if you drove two cybertrucks into each other, at low speeds nothing would happen

higher speeds and passengers in both vehicles are going to die from having their cerebellum yanked out of the back of their skulls

higher speeds to where the structure gives, and both vehicles fail entirely and turn everything inside into goop

there's no other outcome

airbags are the only safety feature that helps avoid things like basilar skull fracture in a car besides like, a HANS device, which is overkill and also requires a full racing helmet and four-point harness and prevents you from turning your head or being able to reach the stereo

ilmucche
Mar 16, 2016

What did you say the strategy was?

Budget rear end don cherry

Neddy Seagoon
Oct 12, 2012

"Hi Everybody!"

FirstnameLastname posted:

other big trucks have crumple zones and parts of the frame and body that flex under collisions, which is why the airbag thing kinda makes sense - if you hit something hard enough to where the actual structure of the truck gives way, you're dead anyways

with a stressed-skin frame that flexion and energy dissipation is inherently impossible because now any bodywork deformation whatsoever means a total structural failure

if you drove two cybertrucks into each other, at low speeds nothing would happen

higher speeds and passengers in both vehicles are going to die from having their cerebellum yanked out of the back of their skulls

higher speeds to where the structure gives, and both vehicles fail entirely and turn everything inside into goop

there's no other outcome

airbags are the only safety feature that helps avoid things like basilar skull fracture in a car besides like, a HANS device, which is overkill and also requires a full racing helmet and four-point harness and prevents you from turning your head or being able to reach the stereo

I can't wait to see the first impact test with a Cybertruck to see the mess it creates of its own interior.

learnincurve
May 15, 2014

Smoosh

BigBadSteve posted:

Twitter hasn't been working here in Australia, New Zealand too, for the last eight hours.
https://www.gizmodo.com.au/2023/01/twitter-down-australia

Hopefully the rest of the world will follow.

Has musk blamed the electricity yet?

I ask because I have this non-chud Uncle, set up a goat farm in Australia, lived on there happily for 30 years, got headbutted in the nuts by a goat, sold the goat farm. Anyway, his excuse for anything was "yeah it's the electricity mate" what is? "wrong frequency so all the fridges broke" "wires came down" "poles caught fire" "I think something snapped"

Dial A For Awesome
May 23, 2009
Elon Musk: Tesla sunk by tor-pedo guy

Splicer
Oct 16, 2006

from hell's heart I cast at thee
🧙🐀🧹🌙🪄🐸

Catastrophe posted:

"Update: Tesla driver arrested for attempted murder, child abuse after Devil's Slide plunge"

(the guy did it on purpose)

https://www.cbsnews.com/sanfrancisco/news/devils-slide-cliff-plunge-tesla-driver-arrested-attempted-murder-child-abuse-highway-1/
Self driving, not exploding, killing people on purpose, is there anything a Tesla can't not do?

Splicer fucked around with this message at 11:01 on Jan 4, 2023

grittyreboot
Oct 2, 2012

massive spider posted:

It’s especially dumb because video games have already been there. People will pay extra for a nice feeling controller with tactile buttons to control the thing. Touchscreens have been tried to ambivalent response.

My first smart phone had a slide out qwerty keyboard and I miss it every drat day. My WPM never recovered.

Strong Sauce
Jul 2, 2003

You know I am not really your father.

Deptfordx posted:

not to mention how these rich billionaires would even protect their compound.

(i remember one article where someone who goes in to "consult" rich people on this was asked stuff like, "can i put an electric collar around my security guards to keep them in line")?

hanyolo
Jul 18, 2013
I am an employee of the Microsoft Gaming Division and they pay me to defend the Xbox One on the Something Awful Forums

AutismVaccine posted:

Elon Musk: Child Under Navigating Tesla

Neddy Seagoon
Oct 12, 2012

"Hi Everybody!"

grittyreboot posted:

My first smart phone had a slide out qwerty keyboard and I miss it every drat day. My WPM never recovered.

Same. I'd murder for another good android phone with a slide-out keyboard. :sigh:

edit: :lol:

Neddy Seagoon fucked around with this message at 11:30 on Jan 4, 2023

Devils Affricate
Jan 22, 2010

FirstnameLastname posted:

there's no other outcome

From everything I've read, the whole "cybertruck won't have airbags" thing was mainly just made up for laughs. The fact that its weight puts it in class 2b doesn't mean it can get away without having them, because 2b is still considered "light duty" (medium starts at class 3, the next one up).

The cybertruck, if it ever hits the market, will have airbags. More likely, though, is that the cybertruck never actually hits the market.

Isomermaid
Dec 3, 2019

Swish swish, like a fish

Devils Affricate posted:

The cybertruck, if it ever hits the market, will have airbags. More likely, though, is that the cybertruck never actually hits the market.

The only way the Cybertruck hits the market is if they dress the market up as a child crossing the road

Ratjaculation
Aug 3, 2007

:parrot::parrot::parrot:

Cybertruck features looking great

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=t3r3hBQOHVA

E: BBcode is hard

Ratjaculation fucked around with this message at 11:49 on Jan 4, 2023

QuarkJets
Sep 8, 2008

lmao literally 1 minute later and it's already gone

Devils Affricate
Jan 22, 2010

QuarkJets posted:

lmao literally 1 minute later and it's already gone

You gotta click the link my dude. I don't think Elon is taking down clips of the wild thornberries.

QuarkJets
Sep 8, 2008

Devils Affricate posted:

You gotta click the link my dude. I don't think Elon is taking down clips of the wild thornberries.

I did click it, OP edited their post

Devils Affricate
Jan 22, 2010

QuarkJets posted:

I did click it, OP edited their post

But they both work :confused:

syntaxfunction
Oct 27, 2010
The video specifically states it won't play on other sites, aka embeds don't work, click through.

Cable Guy
Jul 18, 2005

I don't expect any trouble, but we'll be handing these out later...

Slippery Tilde

Catastrophe posted:

"Update: Tesla driver arrested for attempted murder, child abuse after Devil's Slide plunge"

(the guy did it on purpose)

https://www.cbsnews.com/sanfrancisco/news/devils-slide-cliff-plunge-tesla-driver-arrested-attempted-murder-child-abuse-highway-1/
Bets that the auto-drive turned off a second or two before and a cop made two and two make five...?

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Shaman Tank Spec
Dec 26, 2003

*blep*

Neddy Seagoon posted:

Same. I'd murder for another good android phone with a slide-out keyboard. :sigh:

edit: :lol:

I see someone’s about to have a fun day at work.

CORS, the bane of all web developers. And API developers.

E:

Isomermaid posted:

The only way the Cybertruck hits the market is if they dress the market up as a child crossing the road

:lol: