Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

fez_machine
Nov 27, 2004
that doc is itching to get his claws on Omega

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Rick
Feb 23, 2004
When I was 17, my father was so stupid, I didn't want to be seen with him in public. When I was 24, I was amazed at how much the old man had learned in just 7 years.
Kenny looks very Matt Hardy on the left screen.

Pinwiz11
Jan 26, 2009

I'm becom-, I'm becom-,
I'm becoming
Tana in, Tana in my mind.

SG Bamboo posted:

Kenny gonna work the AEW show with an eyepatch

Escalarrrrrrrrrrrrra de la Muerrrrrrrrrrrrte

Dango Bango
Jul 26, 2007

Captain Magic posted:

Man wtf happened to Kenny’s eye

I think it was the superkick on the apron about 10 minutes in

Kaveman
Jul 25, 2009

NEVER!!!

Thauros posted:

wow really thought ospreay was winning

He will eventually. This rivalry has legs.

Seams
Feb 3, 2005

ROCK HARD

Rarity posted:

I mean Jay is great and Okada is basically god but yeah, no way they're following that

only way it does is if jay somehow out-psychos kenny

SG Bamboo
Aug 21, 2013

Smile. Win. Yay!

Rarity posted:

I mean Jay is great and Okada is basically god but yeah, no way they're following that

Eh, we say that every January 4th after the semi main

1glitch0
Sep 4, 2018

I DON'T GIVE A CRAP WHAT SHE BELIEVES THE HARRY POTTER BOOKS CHANGED MY LIFE #HUFFLEPUFF
2 loving warrior kings

Dango Bango
Jul 26, 2007

Oh my God Don's outfit :vince:

TheIncredulousHulk
Sep 3, 2012

What a dang match

Captain Magic
Apr 4, 2005

Yes, we have feathers--but the muscles of men.
Big loving bruise on Kenny’s chest too goddamn

Rarity
Oct 21, 2010

~*4 LIFE*~

Kaveman posted:

He will eventually. This rivalry has legs.

It's cool that this is basically Kenny/Okada 1 except Kenny's now in the Okada role

Skarsnik
Oct 21, 2008

I...AM...RUUUDE!

I do not want to watch a jay white match after that

Burn Down Canberra
Oct 27, 2005

GAME PLANS? We don't need no stinking game plans.

:cry: :cry: :cry:

abraham linksys posted:

they'll either run it back on battle in the valley or on aew, depending on whether TK would let them use kenny in the US

So they run a US title match where njpw can't make money ?

It's annoying to see igwp titles just vanish from Japan. Ftr went from winning it to losing it with one defence in Japan

The touring schedule of the champions has been poor

abraham linksys
Sep 6, 2010

:darksouls:
drat how rough have the last three years been in njpw that people are this down on jay white

he ain't a workrate machine but i always thought he did really good fun long matches on character alone. did the EVIL reign poison the well on heel bullshit in njpw or somethin

Seams
Feb 3, 2005

ROCK HARD
the IWGP US title, much like the world cup AND the NJPW WOrld TV title (acquired by Australia)..is not coming home

fez_machine
Nov 27, 2004
the okada and jay white haters and losers will be regretting their words and deeds very soon

Tweak
Jul 28, 2003

or dont whatever

i am completely awake now

TheIncredulousHulk
Sep 3, 2012

Tweak posted:

i am completely awake now

I was falling asleep when the match started but wanted to stick it out and now I'm wired off that match alone lol

Rarity
Oct 21, 2010

~*4 LIFE*~

abraham linksys posted:

drat how rough have the last three years been in njpw that people are this down on jay white

He rules, he's just been very absent since the G1 ended

STING 64
Oct 20, 2006

Burn Down Canberra posted:

It's annoying to see igwp titles just vanish from Japan. Ftr went from winning it to losing it with one defence in Japan

lol

Germansimp
May 28, 2013

And now Kenny has one week to recuperate from this match, get over the jetlag from the trip, and prepare for Escalera de la Muerte? Yeah at this point I'm pretty sure the Elite aren't winning the trios titles back.

Dango Bango
Jul 26, 2007

abraham linksys posted:

he ain't a workrate machine but i always thought he did really good fun long matches on character alone. did the EVIL reign poison the well on heel bullshit in njpw or somethin

Yeah what was it like 2020 WK where he and Ibushi had a match that was just classic heel/babyface dynamic

Seams
Feb 3, 2005

ROCK HARD
jay and okada are two of the best in the business. i trust them.

JUNGLE BOY
Sep 23, 2019

Burn Down Canberra posted:

Crazy that the US belt might be defended in the US

Sooper Gila
Apr 23, 2014

Love
Peace
and Harmony
TWELVE STAR MATCH.

Rarity posted:

It's cool that this is basically Kenny/Okada 1 except Kenny's now in the Okada role

I was thinking something along these lines about halfway through when I started to think Kenny might win (I'd thought this was going to be a passing the torch moment), that this is really the first proper chapter of what's going to be an incredible story. It's got the Okada/Kenny feel but also could have elements of jumbo vs Misawa too.

Kennel
May 1, 2008

BAWWW-UNH!

https://twitter.com/davemeltzerWON/status/1610596120933314562?s=20&t=aM-fxgqiO-8xYiMmFpSWEQ

Jerusalem
May 20, 2004

Would you be my new best friends?

I hope that Switchblade gets upset that the crowd are making noise and insists they be quiet.

xbilkis
Apr 11, 2005

god qb
me
jay hova

Jerusalem posted:

I hope that Switchblade gets upset that the crowd are making noise and insists they be quiet.

"Uh oh! I forgot all my cheer crowd material!"

Rarity
Oct 21, 2010

~*4 LIFE*~

Put all your stocks in stars they're going up, up, up!

SG Bamboo
Aug 21, 2013

Smile. Win. Yay!

Coin drop

Here we fuckin go

forkboy84
Jun 13, 2012

Corgis love bread. And Puro

abraham linksys posted:

Jay is tremendous. But he's just had 25 singles matches since COVID. And 15 of those are G1 matches. He's not around. There was no real build to this match with Okada being a dad & Jay being a Florida man

The match could & probably will rule but still, the build has been a bummer & so has Jay's title reign.

Rarity
Oct 21, 2010

~*4 LIFE*~
The money robe lol

Shoenin
May 29, 2013

Everynight I wake up Screaming.
(and beating the dragon)
Lets go GOATkada

Burn Down Canberra
Oct 27, 2005

GAME PLANS? We don't need no stinking game plans.

:cry: :cry: :cry:

JUNGLE BOY posted:

Crazy that the US belt might be defended in the US

An even crazier idea is that new japan titles get defended in Japan

Like literally one of the complaints about the ME is Jay hasn't toured enough to get heat. The overwhelming vast majority of the fanbase is Japanese.

TheIncredulousHulk
Sep 3, 2012

Will's selling in that match belongs in a wrestling museum

Dango Bango
Jul 26, 2007

5th champion? Did they resent the lineage when they unified the heavyweight and IC?

Jerusalem
May 20, 2004

Would you be my new best friends?

Rarity posted:

He rules, he's just been very absent since the G1 ended

Yeah, Switchblade rules but he's been almost entirely absent for several months which has really, really, really hurt the build for this match.

fez_machine
Nov 27, 2004

Dango Bango posted:

5th champion? Did they resent the lineage when they unified the heavyweight and IC?

I sure did resent it

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

forkboy84
Jun 13, 2012

Corgis love bread. And Puro

Dango Bango posted:

The unified belt is treated as a new belt