Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.
Should I step down as head of twitter
This poll is closed.
Yes 420 4.43%
No 69 0.73%
Goku 9001 94.85%
Total: 9490 votes
[Edit Poll (moderators only)]

Deus Ex Macklemore
Jul 2, 2004

Zelensky's Zealots

Withnail posted:

OP, let me explain the stock market. Sometime number go up... and then sometime number go down.

WHOA WHOA WHOA slow down there, Mr Rockefeller.

What's a number?

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

goatface
Dec 5, 2007

I had a video of that when I was about 6.

I remember it being shit.

Grimey Drawer

Doctor Butts posted:

So, then, just every left of center group, politician or cops.

I assume you mean right.

The thing there is they can't really be expecting to pick up anyone new by advertising there. Advertising to the people who are already entrenched is just burning money.

The Postman
May 12, 2007

goatface posted:

I assume you mean right.

The thing there is they can't really be expecting to pick up anyone new by advertising there. Advertising to the people who are already entrenched is just burning money.

Elon is VERY good at burning money so this tracks

kazil
Jul 24, 2005

Derpmph trial star reporter!

not a ton of us political action in january either

IBroughttheFunk
Sep 28, 2012
Was this nuggest of poo poo posted yet?

https://twitter.com/elonmusk/status/1610456200910626816

IBroughttheFunk fucked around with this message at 15:45 on Jan 4, 2023

PhazonLink
Jul 17, 2010

Haystack posted:

HB1 visas can be renewed every 3 years. So approximately 1/3rd of of them will come up this year.

maybe we'll get lucky and get a clean sweep.

CommieGIR
Aug 22, 2006

The blue glow is a feature, not a bug

Pillbug

"Science ignores my made up statistics, how dare science!"

Data Graham
Dec 28, 2009

📈📊🍪😋

Is one of those questions "what source did you pull these numbers from? Your rear end?"

mysterious frankie
Jan 11, 2009

This displeases Dev- ..van. Shut up.

Devils Affricate posted:

More likely, though, is that the cybertruck never actually hits the market.

The fake cybertruck, driven by the fake robot man, driving off into the fake sunset.

jeffreyw
Jan 20, 2013

Mokinokaro posted:

https://twitter.com/TwitterSafety/status/1610399203481784320

Time for the twitter ads left to get even shittier and more propaganda.

Isn't there regulation, as little as it may be, that effects political advertising in some states? I know Meta was recently fined $25 million by Washington state for not disclosing political ad information for public inspection in a timely manner.

Dunno how much Republicans are going to pay Musk to platform their chud ads but I hope he likes the fines lol.

Tippecanoe
Jan 26, 2011

One of her citations outright says the reason for the increased number of diagnoses is because it was rarely reported before the '90s due to lack of awareness. (I have no idea where the numbers she says come from, they're not in any of her citations)

nerox
May 20, 2001

kazil posted:

not a ton of us political action in january either

House has to be able to elect a speaker before they can do anything. :lol:

AARD VARKMAN
May 17, 1993

Mokinokaro posted:

sick to my stomach thinking about how hosed up the transphobia ad campaigns are going to be

Lucky Guy
Jan 24, 2013

TY for no bm

Flyinglemur posted:

WHOA WHOA WHOA slow down there, Mr Rockefeller.

What's a number?

number is the alpha and the omega

Bronze Fonz
Feb 14, 2019

Mokinokaro posted:

Here at Twitter, we believe in digging down. Please stay tuned for further announcements as we ponder how big a shovel we should use.

IBroughttheFunk
Sep 28, 2012

Tippecanoe posted:

One of her citations outright says the reason for the increased number of diagnoses is because it was rarely reported before the '90s due to lack of awareness. (I have no idea where the numbers she says come from, they're not in any of her citations)

Here are said "citations," in case anyone wanted to take a looksee:

https://twitter.com/Liz_Wheeler/status/1610323193885081600

https://twitter.com/Liz_Wheeler/status/1610323206853824512

Edit: Turns out one of the dudes cited in that letter to the editor that's being used as evidence was a big booster of covid-19 misinformation and also a major supporter of ivermectin and hydroxychloroquine.

IBroughttheFunk fucked around with this message at 16:15 on Jan 4, 2023

Icon Of Sin
Dec 26, 2008

Just looked a minute ago and Number had gone under it's previous 52wk low, solid work everyone! We need to keep up the good work and really drive it down though.

armchairyoda
Sep 17, 2008
Melman

IBroughttheFunk posted:

Edit: Turns out one of the dudes cited in that letter to the editor that's being used as evidence was a big booster of covid-19 misinformation and also a major supporter of ivermectin and hydroxychloroquine.

Even better, that whole database was just a dumping ground of non-scientifically grounded COMPLAINTS.

ie- People FELT like X was caused by getting vaccinated, so they reported it there. There was no vetting, no review... just a crap-ton of loving crazy posts that anti-vax people could point to as their "proof" the Covid vaccine was going to kill us all.

I didn't think anything could be less reputable than the Wakefield papers and taken seriously, but every subsequent day truly is stupider than the last.

Infinitum
Jul 30, 2004

You don't need to argue with those people or give a poo poo about their 'sources'.

Just 100% Other those antivax fucks and tell em to hurry up and loving die of covid.

gently caress em

gschmidl
Sep 3, 2011

watch with knife hands

Infinitum posted:

You don't need to argue with those people or give a poo poo about their 'sources'.

Just 100% Other those antivax fucks and tell em to hurry up and loving die of covid.

gently caress em

100% this, death to all of them.

Gubbinal Girl
Apr 11, 2022

IBroughttheFunk posted:

Lol that both sources contradict her. The loving FDA is the one who published the original warning and the second citation explicitly says the cases are increasing because of better awareness

Also doesn't COVID permanently gently caress up your heart? Wouldn't that be a better explanation than vaccines?

bird with big dick
Oct 21, 2015

Infinitum posted:

gently caress em

AutismVaccine
Feb 26, 2017

SPECIAL NEEDS
SQUAD

gschmidl posted:

100% this, death to all of them.

Not severe enough. Dont let them clog up valueable beds in intensive care units imo.

Kashuno
Oct 9, 2012

Where the hell is my SWORD?
Grimey Drawer

Infinitum posted:

gently caress em

Decon
Nov 22, 2015

Infinitum posted:

gently caress em

The best part is that they'll die sad and lonely for being toxic, intolerable fuckstains.

They're abject loving losers desperate to feel a modicum of importantness and specialness in life to fill the gaping emotional holes they have from chasing away every real relationship they every accidentally started to foster.

You could point out to them that the rate of myocarditis from COVID itself makes the possible myocarditis related to vax look like nothing.

Or you could remind them they're gonna die alone because no one likes em.

gently caress em.

armchairyoda
Sep 17, 2008
Melman

Infinitum posted:

gently caress em

:hmmyes:

kazil
Jul 24, 2005

Derpmph trial star reporter!

I wonder how the job search for Twitter CEO is going these days

spunkshui
Oct 5, 2011

If they cant correctly read a paragraph you aren't going to convince them their entire carrier is wrong factually and morally wrong.

They dont care because it makes them money.

goatface
Dec 5, 2007

I had a video of that when I was about 6.

I remember it being shit.

Grimey Drawer
The use of modern performance enhancing drugs also tends to gently caress up the heart something good if you ain't careful.

Decon
Nov 22, 2015

Gubbinal Girl posted:

Also doesn't COVID permanently gently caress up your heart? Wouldn't that be a better explanation than vaccines?

You're assuming they want internally consistent explanations. They dont. What they want desperately is to feel special.

Withnail
Feb 11, 2004

mysterious frankie posted:

The fake cybertruck, driven by the fake robot man, driving off into the fake sunset.

I think the cybertruck will end up like the Honda Rune, a novelty item that will be hugely unprofitable and will end up in the garages of Jay Leno and MTV crib type people.

Infinitum
Jul 30, 2004

Decon posted:

You could point out to them

No, you will never point out anything to them. They're conspiracy theorists.

Just go "Yes you're right" and hope they catch it soon and drop dead

Like drop the kid gloves, they don't deserve any form of respect

kw0134
Apr 19, 2003

I buy feet pics🍆

As the saying goes, you can't reason a person out of a position they didn't reason into in the first place. All the data is there, they don't engage in it properly or in good faith, they demand things to conform to their priors or else they accuse it of being fake or whatever.

CommieGIR
Aug 22, 2006

The blue glow is a feature, not a bug

Pillbug

armchairyoda posted:

Even better, that whole database was just a dumping ground of non-scientifically grounded COMPLAINTS.

ie- People FELT like X was caused by getting vaccinated, so they reported it there. There was no vetting, no review... just a crap-ton of loving crazy posts that anti-vax people could point to as their "proof" the Covid vaccine was going to kill us all.

I didn't think anything could be less reputable than the Wakefield papers and taken seriously, but every subsequent day truly is stupider than the last.

If I recall during the COVID outbreaks and vaccination pushes, a bunch of Qanon people pushed people to put bogus complaints in the FDA reporting system. So not suprising in the least.

Infinitum posted:

No, you will never point out anything to them. They're conspiracy theorists.

Just go "Yes you're right" and hope they catch it soon and drop dead

Like drop the kid gloves, they don't deserve any form of respect

I think my favorite part is: Sure, there's a statistically insignificant change your vaccine will cause heart issues versus a statistically significant chance that COVID will give you those same heart issues. But worse.

gschmidl
Sep 3, 2011

watch with knife hands

AutismVaccine posted:

Not severe enough. Dont let them clog up valueable beds in intensive care units imo.

I was thinking chudchipper.

Data Graham
Dec 28, 2009

📈📊🍪😋

armchairyoda posted:

Haha is that "health care claims database" just loving VAERS?

At first read I assumed it was a DB from some health care provider but no of course it's just based on the public site where you can go and post "hey I think I caught death from the vax" and maybe, if enough of THOSE random shitpost entries seem to be well founded, the FDA might decide to do a proper scientific study

The X-man cometh
Nov 1, 2009
Why is the TSLA number going up? Are people impressed by the car in California not exploding or is it suckers "buying the dip"?

Tesseraction
Apr 5, 2009

The X-man cometh posted:

Why is the TSLA number going up? Are people impressed by the car in California not exploding or is it suckers "buying the dip"?

Probably crazy cathie propping it up again https://twitter.com/unusual_whales/status/1610452365685194752?t=a

kw0134
Apr 19, 2003

I buy feet pics🍆

People buy the dip. Don't doubt for a minute that there's a lot of idiots who still believe in the narrative or at least at a second order believe there are enough idiots who buy the dip to make it worth the risk. Market are whipsawing today anyway due to a variety of economic data that came out so Tesla is not immune to that.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Shinjobi
Jul 10, 2008

Gravy Boat 2k

The X-man cometh posted:

People dumb